Good news: Tasing of bro to go unpunished

posted at 4:32 pm on October 24, 2007 by Allahpundit

Not only did no misconduct occur, each of the officers will be formally commended for resisting the urge to mace the annoying little yutz on top of it.

No, no, kidding. Florida’s pretty chill with the pain-compliance tasing protocol, though, huh? Make a note, Miami readers.

The report says the officers’ intent was to escort Meyer from the auditorium, but he broke away and refused to follow their instructions.

“Officers decide not to escalate to hard empty hand strikes, kicks, knees or baton … [it] would have looked like the officers were beating Meyer into submission,” the report said.

University President Bernie Machen said two officers who had been placed on administrative leave have been reinstated.

Exit question: It would have looked like they were beating into him submission?

Comments

Good. Tase him again then.

PatrickS on October 24, 2007 at 4:34 PM

Up the voltage.

Laura on October 24, 2007 at 4:36 PM

Can capitol hill hire these police for Coke Pink meeting crashers ?

William Amos on October 24, 2007 at 4:37 PM

Good… clearly no misconduct occurred. As I recall Allah, you were quite upset about poor little “bro” being tased, were you not?

Maxx on October 24, 2007 at 4:37 PM

I’m thinking liability for visible wounds caused by hand-to-idiot contact would be higher than a non-visible (or barely so) tasering.

deesine on October 24, 2007 at 4:38 PM

damn, now I have to watch the video again.

sunny on October 24, 2007 at 4:41 PM

Exit question: It would have looked like they were beating into him submission?

AllahPundit

I didn’t see him get “beaten” in any way, shape, or form. Not one beat, despite absolutely begging for the club. It would seem that this viewpoint has been vindicated.

Jaibones on October 24, 2007 at 4:44 PM

Up the voltage.

Laura on October 24, 2007 at 4:36 PM

Atta girl, Laura. I knew you’d come back to the side of law enforcement in time.

Jaibones on October 24, 2007 at 4:45 PM

Huzzah. I’d like to see more tasing, bro.

Nessuno on October 24, 2007 at 4:46 PM

The idiot was breaking the law, disrupting a private assembly, attacking officers, resisting, disobeying police commands…

Now, we certainly don’t want it to “have looked like they were beating into him submission?”

Why the hell NOT??!!!???

/yeah, yeah, I know, I know, I know!

leepro on October 24, 2007 at 4:48 PM

Good. Tase him again then.

PatrickS on October 24, 2007 at 4:34 PM

My first thought, the instant I read the headline. Uncanny.

MadisonConservative on October 24, 2007 at 4:48 PM

i’ve heard this a few times now, that police officers use tasers so they won’t be sued for hitting someone with a nightstick. Looks much tamer to tase someone than whack soemone on the back of the legs to make them submit and cuff them with your knee in their back. This dude wasn’t leaving without a little force being used.

RW Wacko on October 24, 2007 at 4:49 PM

AP was just saying that if they used their baton and hand strikes, knee strikes, etc, that they would, in fact, have been beating him into submission. That’s kind of the point of using the baton, hand strikes…….

RW Wacko on October 24, 2007 at 4:52 PM

Not that there is anything wrong with that….is there AP?

RW Wacko on October 24, 2007 at 4:53 PM

So I’ve read both linked articles and know that the school reinstated the officers, but what about Taserboy? Any disciplinary action by the school?

No, really. It is possible, right?

saint kansas on October 24, 2007 at 4:53 PM

Tase him into a lifetime of shootin’ blanks, aka infertility.

Teddy on October 24, 2007 at 4:54 PM

Got it. I’m slow.

Jaibones on October 24, 2007 at 4:54 PM

[it] would have looked like the officers were beating Meyer into submission without sufficient provocation to match the smiles on their faces,” the report said.

Fixed it for them.

Dusty on October 24, 2007 at 4:57 PM

Well, the officers were just doing what they were told by the person in charge of the event. But if they didn’t want audience participation, they should not have asked for it.

When the guy says ‘if you let me go, I’ll leave’ see if he means it before causing him to submit. It’s not like he would have done any damage at that point with 6 vs. 1.

These cops had an opportunity to use the Taser and they took it. John Kerry should have stopped them a long time before. The guy was loud and obnoxious, but he didn’t break any laws, and he was just asking questions in a forum requesting questions from the audience.

He didn’t threaten anyone and nobody thought they were in danger. I hope they start tasing ambush journalists now.

ThackerAgency on October 24, 2007 at 4:59 PM

The idiot was breaking the law, disrupting a private assembly,

what law did he break? He didn’t disrupt the assembly he asked a question when questions were supposed to be asked. I guess you think he was ‘inciting a riot’ as the policewoman there tried to imply.

He didn’t break the law. This should have been handled differently by KERRY.

ThackerAgency on October 24, 2007 at 5:02 PM

I wish the University would contract out to Blackwater.
Now that would be entertainment.

RobCon on October 24, 2007 at 5:02 PM

Next time they can use this:

pedestrian on October 24, 2007 at 5:03 PM

I don’t care if he broke a law or not, the guy’s a loon, Taze’em bro.

Speakup on October 24, 2007 at 5:08 PM

Good. Tase him again then.

PatrickS on October 24, 2007 at 4:34 PM

My first thought, the instant I read the headline. Uncanny.

Ha ha, mine too! Track him down and tase him again!

Kensington on October 24, 2007 at 5:09 PM

I don’t care if he broke a law or not, the guy’s a loon, Taze’em bro.

Speakup on October 24, 2007 at 5:08 PM

and that’s a different issue altogether. But that guy shouldn’t be punished either.

ThackerAgency on October 24, 2007 at 5:09 PM

No he wasn’t. John Kerry said he was just about out of time and could only answer 10 questions, so 10 people were chosen. Bro was not one of them. Once the ninth had answered his or her question Bro took the mic and went on his rant about secret societies. If you watch the video you’ll notice the police were already behind him by the time he started his line of questioning. That’s because he was ABOUT to be escorted out before Kerry said he could speak.

So he disrupted a public event. Then resisted the police.

Keljeck on October 24, 2007 at 5:10 PM

He didn’t break the law. This should have been handled differently by KERRY.

ThackerAgency on October 24, 2007 at 5:02 PM

Refusing to follow a lawful command from an officer of the law, is breaking the law.

deesine on October 24, 2007 at 5:10 PM

Can we declare open season on Code Pink?

Kini on October 24, 2007 at 5:11 PM

Would it be harassment if I followed him around and just said ZZZZZZZZZZZTT! every once in a while?

GoodBoy on October 24, 2007 at 5:14 PM

Sunday, Monday, Happy Tase.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Happy Tase.
Thursday, Friday, Happy Tase.
Kerry played out dumb,
Meyer’s time had come,
Ready to tase yo bro’.

These tase are all,
Happy and Free. Those Happy Tase!

Shy Guy on October 24, 2007 at 5:18 PM

He didn’t break the law. This should have been handled differently by KERRY.

The charges filed against the kid are disturbing the peace and resisting an officer. The DA has not decided if he will press the case any further.

He was not asking questions when they were supposed to be asked. He had gone well over his alloted time and had been asked to leave repeatedly.

Stuff like this makes me proud to be a Floridian. It’ll be a long time before someone pulls a stunt like that here. :D

bj1126 on October 24, 2007 at 5:30 PM

He won’t get convicted on any of those charges because they are bogus. He asked a question. They ALLOWED HIM to ask the question. They did NOT allow him to hear the answer.

If they asked him to leave, why did they let him ask the question? And since when are police officers judge, jury, and executioner?

You all had better hope that this sharia creep doesn’t continue. And if it does you had better stay out of the Muslim areas because it’ll be likely that police will force you to pray, if you don’t you’ll be resisting arrest.

Police don’t have this authority you people think they do. They are there to PROTECT AND SERVE.

Anyway I’ve gone over this before. None of the charges brought against this kid will stick if he has a decent lawyer because of the context of the forum.

They let him ask a question. Kerry said I would like to answer the question. And on those grounds he was summarily hog tied and tased before he was allowed to hear the question answered?

ThackerAgency on October 24, 2007 at 5:42 PM

CODE PINK! CODE PINK!

Shy Guy on October 24, 2007 at 5:43 PM

Jaibones on October 24, 2007 at 4:45 PM

How many last words do you need on this? I’m starting to think you’re more invested in that story than I was.

Laura on October 24, 2007 at 5:51 PM

Exit question: It would have looked like they were beating into him submission?

Oh yeah! That is some juicy stuff right there. Even if they had bashed the goof in the head with a baton, their position is that it wasn’t necessarily a beating. I love it.

csdeven on October 24, 2007 at 6:43 PM

ThackerAgency on October 24, 2007 at 5:09 PM

Punishment doesn’t anything to do with it.

The guy was just nice enough to purposely and violently resist a reasonable and lawful request and in doing so got his looney, Tazer pronged, he could just as well have pulled the trigger himself for the demand he made for it to happen with his own actions.

After being elbowed, kicked and slandered by this punk just don’t let the camera catch you smil’n.

Speakup on October 24, 2007 at 6:47 PM

Thacker, he did NOT ask a question. He levied a long and tedius rant at Kerry in the forms of questions which he had no intention of allowing Kerry to answer. By, you know, not giving him TIME to answer. He went there with the intent to be disruptive (which is why he made sure his friend was videotaping it, remember he has a history of such ‘stunts’) and when told to leave he refused to. Once you are told to leave you LEAVE. Period. Don’t think you should? Then lodge a complaint. But the event staff told him to leave, the cops told him to leave, and he refused. So they took appropriate action.

And unless you have any experience in law enforcement, get off your high horse and don’t talk about what cops can and can’t do. After 20 years in the field I can state unequivocally that the smell of manure wafts strongly from your direction. Serve and protect. What, you think they’re freaking WAITERS or something? Serve and protect SOCIETY AS A WHOLE. NOT an individual. Especially some whiny little attention whore like Meyer.

wolfva on October 24, 2007 at 6:53 PM

I don’t know where this came from, but it popped into my head from somewhere:

BZZZAP

Guy: “Hey! did you just tazer me?

Sheriff: “I dunno, did it feel like this?”

BZZZAAAAP

Guy: “Hey!”

Jones Zemkophill on October 24, 2007 at 7:07 PM

Allah’s headline made me lol.

bigbeas on October 24, 2007 at 8:03 PM

Don’t taze me, bro!

eanax on October 24, 2007 at 8:16 PM

Track him down and tase him again!

Kensington on October 24, 2007 at 5:09 PM

Better yet a surgical implant set to taze him daily (just cuz), and whenever he says “Bro.”

infidel4life on October 24, 2007 at 8:19 PM

Cut in line, asked to leave, informed he had to leave by police. . . that’s disturbing the peace and resisting, obstructing and delaying in my book. As for giving him the chance to leave, he was given that chance and didn’t take it. Law enforcement is not a pretty thing to see in action so the faint of heart should not watch and keep the mouths shut when they decide to anyway.

srhoades on October 24, 2007 at 8:51 PM

Aren’t you playing judge and jury to the officers?

srhoades on October 24, 2007 at 8:53 PM

infidel4life on October 24, 2007 at 8:19 PM

Knew a guy from California who lived down south for a while. His friends got sick of him saying ‘Dude’ all the time, so they punched him every time he said it. Soon, he stopped saying it.

Moral of the story: Negative reinforcement works.

I’d say set the implant to go off every time he spouts some idiotic conspiricy theory. “Skull and Bones and the Illuminati – OW!” Mass produce them and install them in the whole Twoofer movement.

“Fire can’t melt – argh!”

“I saw this video with chiken wire and – BZZZT!”

ticticboom on October 24, 2007 at 8:57 PM

He’s lucky they tazed him. Being beaten to a pulp is worse. Bro…

Mojave Mark on October 24, 2007 at 9:03 PM

wolfva on October 24, 2007 at 6:53 PM

Bravo.

blue sky on October 24, 2007 at 11:24 PM

I agree, tase this loser again and again and just possibly he’ll learn something.

Just don’t hold your breath on his ability to learn….

Mooseman on October 24, 2007 at 11:35 PM

Tasing of bro to go unpunished

Shouldn’t it be “Tasing by bro to go unpunished”, Allah Bro?

Rick on October 24, 2007 at 11:51 PM

Can capitol hill hire these police for Coke Pink meeting crashers ?

William Amos on October 24, 2007 at 4:37 PM

I’d write a letter strongly protesting that move.

I want someone who goes to the taser immediately and uses it generously on these bimbos.

91Veteran on October 25, 2007 at 12:05 AM

Uh…what? Once you cross the line where the police have to step in, it’s too late to begin complying then. Especially when you’re still obviously physically resisting. There’s no such thing as backsies with the po-po, bro.

James on October 25, 2007 at 7:44 AM

ThackerAgency on October 24, 2007 at 5:42 PM

We’ve had this discussion and you lost the argument on legal grounds. You’re losing it again. Give up while you’re behind…and don’t quit that day job for law school, bro!

Miss_Anthrope on October 25, 2007 at 9:11 AM

Did someone ever make a ring tone?

“Don’t tase me bro!”

Loundry on October 25, 2007 at 10:00 AM

Yeah, I asked for one too!

Miss_Anthrope on October 25, 2007 at 10:04 AM

Moral of the story: Negative reinforcement works.

People keep getting it wrong!

There are four methods of behavior modification:

1. Positive reinforcement: giving a reward.

Example: I give my son a dollar for every “A” that he earns on his report card.

2. Negative reinforcement: withholding a reward.

Example: My son loses his dessert if he does not have proper manners at the dinner table.

3. Positive punishment: giving a punishment.

Example: My son receives a time-out for hitting his sister.

4. Negative punishment: removing a punishment.

Example: My son is no longer grounded because he took it upon himself to do extra chores around the house.

All of them are effective to varying degrees on different individuals. What you are describing is not negative reinforcement, but rather positive punishment. Negative reinforcement would have been if all the guys told their friend that they would stop fellating him if he started saying “dude” again.

Loundry on October 25, 2007 at 10:06 AM

I am Jack’s unbridled sense of surprise.

You got the result you wanted sheeple…take your bow.

*sigh*

Ochlan on October 25, 2007 at 11:27 AM

Tasing of bro to go unpunished

Hahahahaha! That’s one of your better headlines, AP.

Rosetta on October 25, 2007 at 11:54 AM