Video: Halle Berry’s censored anti-semitic joke

posted at 9:10 am on October 23, 2007 by Allahpundit

They had to censor it. If they’d aired it, they’d be complicit in disseminating it and people would want to know why they hadn’t cut it. So she benefits from NBC’s CYA, which is annoying.

Evidently some audience members thought so too because they spilled the beans to Page Six:

According to one audience member, “She introduced the first photo by saying, ‘Here’s where I look like my Jewish cousin!’ – it was a picture of her with a huge, distorted nose. No one laughed, and Jay nervously said, ‘I’m glad you said that and not me.’ When the show aired, they cut out her ‘Jewish’ comment and added a laugh track to the bit.”

Another guest in the audience told us, “If you watch the clip, you can see Halle saying the word ‘Jewish,’ though obviously there is no audio. NBC covered her a–. Ms. Berry should know how unbelievably inappropriate her comment was . . . She should be ashamed of herself.”

Berry, 41, who sounded like she was near tears, told Page Six last night: “I so didn’t mean to offend anybody – and after the show I realized it could be seen as offensive, so I asked Jay to take it out, and he did.”…

Berry, who even offered to call Page Six’s source and apologize in person, said, “It was just a lighthearted segment that was meant to make fun of myself. There was a picture where I said I looked like Monica Lewinsky and one where I said I looked like Jay. It was just supposed to be a silly segment. I am so sorry, and I apologize.”

It’s at the beginning of the clip, around -9:05. She sounds contrite and of course she benefits enormously from the Beautiful Idiot stereotype. “Halle Berry doesn’t know that jokes about Jewish noses are offensive? Huh. Well, she is hot.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I sat near her at a screening of her latest movie. A beautiful white woman dipped in caramel.

Hilts on October 23, 2007 at 9:15 AM

It was insensitive, but she seems remorseful. Unless it becomes a pattern it’s a non-issue.

aunursa on October 23, 2007 at 9:15 AM

it was a picture of her with a huge, distorted nose

You mean before the plastic surgery?

saint kansas on October 23, 2007 at 9:17 AM

I say let her slide. She made a mistake and apologized immediately. Whatever happened to “sticks and stones…?” One of the major problem with our society is that we have freedom of speech except when you offend someone and then you are splayed open.

There is a double standard though. People joke about Jews and whites all day but the minute you make a black joke or a a Mexican joke you are racist.

This is stupid.

The Gunslinger on October 23, 2007 at 9:19 AM

Agreed. No major issue. If it becomes a regular thing, or if she had refused to apologize, it’d be different.

amerpundit on October 23, 2007 at 9:21 AM

Eh whatever. Nice rack.

Dash on October 23, 2007 at 9:21 AM

Does she really have a Jewish cousin?

I don’t see how the Tonight Show survived without Carson. Those shows are so dumb in general, watching a bunch of empty headed celebrities tell everyone how awesome they are. Bleh.

reaganaut on October 23, 2007 at 9:23 AM

Boy, that’s pretty benign, as anti-Semitism goes. I would just call that insensitivity. In a non-PC world that wouldn’t even register. It’s nothing like having somebody shake the change in their pocket, and when you turn around, they sneer at you, as happened to me last time I was in an airport. Leno should have said of the next pic, “That’s the one where you look like your African-American cousin,” (a little shot at the lightness of her gorgeous, smooth, skin). We have to make a distinction between this kind of venal stereotyping, and true anti-Semitism. There’s enough of the real, lethal, thing around; we don’t need to devaluate the charge by throwing it every tiny slight.

Well, she is hot.

She personifies hot. All of her struggles with her relationships–being too beautiful can be as bad as being really rich, apparently. How can you really believe that it’s you they care about, and not the package that you’re wrapped in?

smellthecoffee on October 23, 2007 at 9:24 AM

I’m with Halley on this one… ; )

Can’t everyone just cut the “I’m offended” crap and let people say what they want? Jeez… how thin skinned are we? Such a charade, and let’s please leave it for the Left side to play.

Halley on October 23, 2007 at 9:25 AM

Everyone’s looking to be offended.

Rode Werk on October 23, 2007 at 9:26 AM

Oh please! This over sensitive, watch whatever you say, politically correct climate is nauseating. Now, if she had said Jews were inferior or needed to be wiped off the face of the earth (sound familiar, anyone?) then that would be a different story.

Nolamom67 on October 23, 2007 at 9:27 AM

smellthecoffee, I agree with you 150%. Very well put. I’m Jewish as well, and Halle’s comment didn’t bother me at all. There are plenty of REAL antisemites in the world. As Dennis Prager says, the left always dilutes these words… “antisemite”, “racist”, “torture”, etc. If you start applying these terms willy-nilly, they begin to mean nothing. There’s this “oppress me PLEASE!!” culture on the left, where people desperately WANT to be offended so that they have an excuse to rail against someone, because I guess it makes them feel better for some reason. I’m not sure what that reason is… still trying to figure that out.

dave_lantos on October 23, 2007 at 9:35 AM

Yes. Its terrible that everyone is so sensitive to the rantings of an illiterate black (is she rally black?) woman with a nice rack (What is a Rack). Now take out the “Nice Rack” and you may have an issue.

Personally, I consider it an affront that she makes a joke of people with large noses.

davod on October 23, 2007 at 9:36 AM

I sure do miss Johnny!

My mother had told me one of the most offensive and possibly most hilarious thing Carson ever said on air to a guest was to Zsa Zsa Gabor.

Zsa Zsa (holding her white angora cat): Would you like to see my pussy?

Carson: Well, take the cat off your lap and lets have a look!

Gotta love live tv before the 5 second delay rule!

kiakjones on October 23, 2007 at 9:40 AM

This is just oversensitivity. And being a Jew, I’ve often noticed the fact that many of our people have oversized probisci, in direct proportion to other anatomic traits…

stonemeister on October 23, 2007 at 9:40 AM

When something that is basically true is deemed offensive it should be because of the context. She was talking about her cousin, not goose-stepping down the main street of Berlin. My verdict: Not guilty.

aengus on October 23, 2007 at 9:41 AM

I am a little disappointed Allah. I think you’re giving too much credence to the victim state and the idea that no one can have a sense of humor anymore. It was a joke, and I just cannot buy into the idea that it’s “offensive” simply because it involved a reference to Jewish people. What if she had red hair in the picture or was boozing and said, “Here’s my Irish side”? The latter is arguably far more offensive than what she said. But I doubt anyone would think twice.

BillLalor on October 23, 2007 at 9:42 AM

Does everyone have to take everything so seriously? Can’t anyone just laugh anymore? She meant nothing offensive by that and the people that were offended need to get a life. This is chip on your shoulder syndrome and its rampant in America.

Maxx on October 23, 2007 at 9:44 AM

I wouldn’t turn her down at two in the morning. I’d pass off this joke as the same kind of joke told between close friends who know that each other are really not bigots. She just trusts the public a bit too much after that whole hit-and-run thing.

MadisonConservative on October 23, 2007 at 9:45 AM

What if she said “here’s where I look like Barbara Streisand”? Would that be offensive?

jjjen on October 23, 2007 at 9:45 AM

I may be less offended once I watch her dance naked in “The Last Boy Scout” again.

angryoldfatman on October 23, 2007 at 9:48 AM

My little cousin actually has a Mac book, and that program, and my 82 year old grandfather got a kick out of the face morph thing. Never seen him laugh so much.

At any rate, I’m tempted to give myself a fat lip and upload a photo for you guys to prove a point… but I think I’ll leave it alone.

RightWinged on October 23, 2007 at 9:51 AM

kiakjones on October 23, 2007 at 9:40 AM

The Zsa Zsa thing is a legend. But this exchange did take place with another woman. I wish youtube had a clip of it. Zsa Zsa was not involved. Carson asked if he could pet the pussy, a cat on the lap of a female guest. And she said, “Sure, but I’ll have to take the cat away.” It was her joke.

BTW, Carson was never live.

jihadwatcher on October 23, 2007 at 9:51 AM

I don’t give a rat’s ass about Halle Berry, but she is brave to insult semitic noses– the kind found on so many Arabs like bin Laden. Maybe this will be the start of a nose controversy with Rage Boy et al getting involved. Is this the reason the Muzzies are burning down Amsterdam??

JiangxiDad on October 23, 2007 at 9:51 AM

Big deal.

I’m not getting the sense that she’s an idiot either, but that movie she’s pushing looks really boring.

Buy Danish on October 23, 2007 at 9:53 AM

I said she was contrite. Did I say she should be punished somehow? Lighten up.

Allahpundit on October 23, 2007 at 9:53 AM

But there is a double standard here. We must admit that. If a white guest inflated her nose in a picture and said that this is where she looks like her black cousin, I can assure you, hell would ensue. The scandal is not the tepid joke, but the double standard.

jihadwatcher on October 23, 2007 at 9:53 AM

I’m outrageously offended that anyone would be offended by a stupid stereotypical joke. Is everyone but white males and Christians off limits to crack a joke? We have become a bunch of sissified pansies in this country. If you can’t take a joke………………..Just ask Ann Coulter.

roninacreage on October 23, 2007 at 9:54 AM

A gay guy that used to work with me once said that even though he’s as homo‍sexual as someone can get, she’s so hawt he’d absolutely do her if he had the chance.

Talking about stereotypical Jewish noses isn’t any more “anti-semitic” than the last picture is “anti-Leno”. Anti-semitism requires some actual “anti”.

Of course, when a conservative like Ann Coulter says anything about Jews, she’s automatically anti-semitic

The Monster on October 23, 2007 at 9:55 AM

jjjen on October 23, 2007 at 9:45 AM

Everything about Barbara is offensive.

roux on October 23, 2007 at 9:55 AM

She actually had the balls to say she was sorry. She did not say that she was sorry that she was misinterpreted, or sorry that some people were offended, or sorry that some people are just too stupid to get it. She actually said she was sorry and that it was insensitive. End of story IMO.

JEFF_IN_NC on October 23, 2007 at 9:55 AM

Absolutely. If Leno had said what I suggested above,

he would go the way of Don Imus, even though there’s a huge difference between the two remarks. The point is not the remark, it’s to feel powerful by trashing someone’s career. In the meantime the supid ADL is proving their bona-fides in the “can’t tell a pile of manure from third base” department, by jumping on Ann Coulter. Morons.

smellthecoffee on October 23, 2007 at 10:02 AM

I’m in agreement with the posters here that say it shouldn’t be a ‘big deal’. How many times are Southern whites characterized as ignorant red necks? I can tell you a member of the city council in Seattle said last year ‘I don’t want those drunk driving red-necks around here’ when speaking about the issue of building a NASCAR track there (which would bring them a crapload of revenue). It was no big deal.

So now I guess anytime anyone says ‘Jewish’ it is anti-semetic? Isn’t that fairly dangerous? I mean if mentioning words becomes taboo, isn’t that tantamount to ‘book burning’? She was being silly and goofing on herself. Had it been a picture of her in overalls, she’d have said, this is my southern redneck side. Too much PC.

ThackerAgency on October 23, 2007 at 10:04 AM

As a Jew, I’m outrageously outraged with her outrageously outrageous outrage. Because, you know, it’s just a short step from mocking our noses to genocide.

And, you know, Mel Brooks never — never — made shvartze jokes.

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on October 23, 2007 at 10:04 AM

This is stupid.

The Gunslinger on October 23, 2007 at 9:19 AM

Yep. I wish everyone had a sense of humour… I wouldn’t get so many “your comment is under moderation” replies.

Texas Nick 77 on October 23, 2007 at 10:05 AM

Why do I get a feeling of deja vu from this post?

Is it just me?

James on October 23, 2007 at 10:06 AM

Nose? What nose?

the wolf on October 23, 2007 at 10:06 AM

davod on October 23, 2007 at 9:36 AM

I resemble that remark…. Call my lawyer!!!

Did she say anything about big ears too? Double the amount!!!

Texas Nick 77 on October 23, 2007 at 10:09 AM

First of all what she said was not anti-Semetic. Second of all it is very easy to see she was just trying to be funny. Anybody who is offended by this deserves to be ignored.

Zetterson on October 23, 2007 at 10:12 AM

jihadwatcher on October 23, 2007 at 9:51 AM

You are right. The Tonight show is taped before a live studio audience.

However, Carson was known to be a bit risque’. Think Dolly Parton.

If the interview did happen at all, I can’t tell you if it is true or not. Boy, it sure would be funny if it did! NBC lost many (tapes) during that time, unfortunately.

kiakjones on October 23, 2007 at 10:12 AM

PCness is the whore mother of a humorless society.

csdeven on October 23, 2007 at 10:13 AM

Which half of her made the comment? She is mixed blood, so one would figure she should understand what comments are off limits.

madmonkphotog on October 23, 2007 at 10:14 AM

And, you know, Mel Brooks never — never — made shvartze jokes.

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on October 23, 2007 at 10:04 AM

Not even in Blazing Saddles?

Texas Nick 77 on October 23, 2007 at 10:17 AM

This is the (2nd) most beautiful woman alive (right behind Mrs.737) and a damn near perfect specimen … to *LOOK* at. But she’s still just a Hollywood actor (Hallewood) and her job is to shut up and sing (act). Since when do we expect any them to say something intelligent?

Tony737 on October 23, 2007 at 10:18 AM

Well, Like I always say, we live in a time when the truth is taboo.

People that are offended by the truth need to get a life.

TheSitRep on October 23, 2007 at 10:19 AM

Come on! It’s not like she is a crazy fundamentalist Christian who makes a movie about Jesus dieing on the cross.

Sensei Ern on October 23, 2007 at 10:19 AM

Like the Obama hand-on-heart thing, this to is a non-issue. It was joke people! NBCs attempt at covering it up is what gave voice to the “I am offended” bunch.
As far as her being black, her mother is white. So that makes her mix race, not black.. Never mind what she calls herself.

RMR on October 23, 2007 at 10:21 AM

Not even in Blazing Saddles?

Texas Nick 77 on October 23, 2007 at 10:17 AM

Of course not. Nor in Spaceballs, Robin Hood: Men in Tights, History of the World, Pt. I, To Be or Not to Be….

James on October 23, 2007 at 10:23 AM

Not even in Blazing Saddles?

Texas Nick 77 on October 23, 2007 at 10:17 AM

Yeah, that’s exactly what I meant.

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on October 23, 2007 at 10:26 AM

stop pulling that dress down, honey. OMG, is she hot.

RW Wacko on October 23, 2007 at 10:26 AM

Not even in Blazing Saddles?

Texas Nick 77 on October 23, 2007 at 10:17 AM
Yeah, that’s exactly what I meant.

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on October 23, 2007 at 10:26 AM

“Mongo only pawn, in game of life.”

My favourite Mel Brooks movie, unless you dismiss Young Frankenstein, it had a much better ending.

Texas Nick 77 on October 23, 2007 at 10:32 AM

Young Frankenstein and High Anxiety are tied for my favorites. But it’s much easier to work Blazing Saddles quotes into everyday life.

James on October 23, 2007 at 10:35 AM

James on October 23, 2007 at 10:35 AM

I’ve lost count of the times I watched YF & BS. Robin Hood, Men in Tights was pretty good also.

Back on the thread… Halle did the right thing, I suppose… appologise to the offended, and get on with life. I won’t hold that against her. I’ve made a lot worse mistakes before. (Subject for a thread of its own.)

Texas Nick 77 on October 23, 2007 at 10:40 AM

I get more offended by the barrage of antiIsrael selfrightous columns in the New York Times from Nicholas Kristof, Anthony Lewis (if he is still around) and most of all by the lectures to Israel from Tom Friedman. Friedman’s lectures to Israel usually begin by noting that he graduated from an Ivy League college and therefore he knows what is best for Israel. Then Friedman mentions that he is a columnist at the New York Times. From that, Friedman reaches his conclusion: “Israel should withdraw to the pre1967 borders because Tom Friedman has decided it should.
Halle Barre comments are harmless enough. If she made jokes about money grubbing or things of that nature, that would be offensive. But I reserve my wrath for the New York Times.

Larraby on October 23, 2007 at 10:42 AM

She apologized quickly, and I think with remorse. Ya gotta forgive, forget and rent the Swordfish DVD.

doufree on October 23, 2007 at 10:44 AM

Yes, RMR. I have always wondered why someone who is half white and half black is considered black and not white. What is up with that??
The prejudiced are that stupid I guess. I have been around black people and stupid people and personally, I much prefer black! But then, I’m just an old part-Indian Okie, so what do I know?

Franklin Hill on October 23, 2007 at 10:47 AM

At the risk of seeming stosselesque, I’m going to ask you to give me a break, Mr. Pundit. It’s actually quite surprising to see this PC stuff here. Surprising and disappointing.

thebriand on October 23, 2007 at 10:52 AM

“…rent the Swordfish…”

No need, I OWN a copy! :-) I bought it without even seeing it first. Halle Berry is a freakin’ GODDESS! I’ve got Hallewood just thinkin’ about her. Now if we could only get he to shut up and act and stop tellin’ me to vote for Obama!

Tony737 on October 23, 2007 at 10:54 AM

NBC and Leno definitely have a double standard when it comes to forgiving and forgetting. I have no problem with cutting Berry’s remark, given what appeared to be a sincere regret and an immediate apology. OK, so the Tonight Show drops the line to avoid any embarrasment or negative blowback on Ms. Berry’s career. Very thoughtful.

On the other hand, Leno had a completely different response to Dick Cheney’s accidental shooting of his friend during a hunting trip. For nearly two weeks straight, he couldn’t get through his monologue without making one joke after another about Cheney’s unfortunate mishap. Therein lies the difference.

Was Leno thoughtful and compassionate towards the accidental shooting of Cheney’s friend? Did Leno understand that it was a horrible accident that Cheney regretted happening? Did Leno leave it alone for the sake of someone who really never intended to harm someone. Did Leno ever take notice that Cheney was immediately apologetic for that freak tragedy?

The answers are no, no, no and no.

NBC’s and Leno’s moral barometer is different depending on the victim. And that’s just flat out wrong, anyway you look at it.

fogw on October 23, 2007 at 10:55 AM

she can atone by showing us her boobs again…

urbancenturion on October 23, 2007 at 11:12 AM

fogw on October 23, 2007 at 10:55 AM

What else to expect from NBC? A conservative accident is fair game for jokes, a liberal’s anti-semitic joke is covered up.

Texas Nick 77 on October 23, 2007 at 11:15 AM

I like Leno, and as for ideology, I thought he was about as conservative as you can be while still being successful in Hollywood.

ThackerAgency on October 23, 2007 at 11:15 AM

Allah – I think merely posting the vid suggests there’s a there there, even if you were neutral on the offensiveness of her comment.

I think many commmenters are wondering why they were the ones noting the absurdity of the double standard, etc. In fact, we’re all wondering why everyone else can’t “lighten up.”

Or maybe I missed the point of the post.

BillLalor on October 23, 2007 at 11:15 AM

Wait, Jews don’t have big noses? Or they do but it’s something shameful?

Really tired of Jews being some super-protected minority. If she’d shown a picture of herself with blonde hair and said it was her “German cousin,” no one would have batted an eye. She didn’t mean it to be negative. Jews have big noses — get over it. And if the segment still left you with a bad taste in your mouth, go check out this hot Jewish model. There, all better.

Mark Jaquith on October 23, 2007 at 11:30 AM

The truth is that on average people of Semitic descent tend to have more prominent noses than other ethnic sub-groups, just as Asians tend to have prominent epicanthal folds, Africans full lips, or Europeans low levels of skin pigment. Of course there are exceptions, particularly in the modern era of ethnic interbreeding (just look at Halle Berry, who defies most of the anatomical rules of both Africans and Caucasians).

Perhaps the biggest mistake would be to conflate “Jewish” with “Semitic,” as the former is far more an ideology than an actual race, and people of non-Semitic descent can be Jewish just as the tendency towards prominent nose structures can be observed in non-Jewish semitic peoples throughout the Middle East. Still, if you look at photos of, say, Israeli citizens, it’s not uncommon to see people with prominent, semitic noses (which, while we’re on the subject, can be damned attractive).

Much Nazi propaganda tended to focus on the trait, which is why I suspect it’s such a sensitive issue, and that’s largely understandable. But that doesn’t mean the trait isn’t there. I think Halle was demonstrating more her ignorance of how the trait has been exploited in the past than anything else, which is also understandable given her mental prowess. “Looks but no brains” might be a stereotype, but ladies like Halle Berry are the reason it exists (hey, maybe it’s actually a trait associated with high facial symmetry…).

Blacklake on October 23, 2007 at 11:40 AM

1. She’s lovely, Mark.

2. She’s proof that the genetic assertions about blacks, caucasians, hispanics, Ashkenazi Jews, etc. is not perfect science (i.e., she’s an Ashkenazi Jew and an idiot).

3. Berry is proof that not all women get that beautiful glow when they’re pregnant.

Jaibones on October 23, 2007 at 11:41 AM

On the offend-o-meter scale, Halle Berry’s joke was somewhere in the middle. However, I have to ask the question — who planned the joke? Somebody inserted the altered photo with the giant nose into the stack. Are we really led to believe it was Halle Berry herself? Or a joke writer on Leno’s staff?

The joke was in poor taste. But, Halle Berry was legitimately contrite and by asking NBC to remove the quote, was trying to limit its distribution and thus limit the number of people offended. She did the right thing and I think we should leave it at that.

Outlander on October 23, 2007 at 11:44 AM

Cough cough hitandrun cough hitandrun cough

yubley on October 23, 2007 at 11:47 AM

Mark Jaquith on October 23, 2007 at 11:30 AM

I’d put on a hat and sing Hava Nagila for that.

angryoldfatman on October 23, 2007 at 11:53 AM

Mark Jaquith on October 23, 2007 at 11:30 AM

Does that mean you’re okay with comments about Muslims and African-Americans too?

Rick on October 23, 2007 at 11:53 AM

Isn’t this the same person who shed the obligatory tears when she was the perpetrator of a hit and run incident a few years ago? I am so glad now that I never take a flood of tears as genuine or an apology as sacred, especially from the Hollywood crowd and politicians.

MNDavenotPC on October 23, 2007 at 12:06 PM

Mark Jaquith on October 23, 2007 at 11:30 AM

She probably should have said here is where I look like the kind of person who wins a Nobel prize. See, we’re not super-sensitive, and you can say this all you want- no protection necessary.

JiangxiDad on October 23, 2007 at 12:06 PM

This is the kind of stuff we have to stop having a cow over. I know plenty of Jews who mention their Jewish nose and Latins who talk about their “hot blood.” I refuse to go for this notion that only they can make fun of their own stereotypes.

Jim-Rose on October 23, 2007 at 12:10 PM

I wish that was my baby.

Dork B. on October 23, 2007 at 12:12 PM

This is the kind of stuff we have to stop having a cow over.

No one’s “having a cow” over it. But by the same token, if I started making references in my posts to “big Jew noses,” I’d be hearing about it pretty quickly, would I not?

Allahpundit on October 23, 2007 at 12:15 PM

Allahpundit on October 23, 2007 at 12:15 PM

You’re insensitive!

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on October 23, 2007 at 12:18 PM

video is gone! Hmmm.

desertdweller on October 23, 2007 at 12:20 PM

The latest edition of the New Speak Dictionary is down to 20 pages and will eliminate all these types of “mistakes”.

ronsfi on October 23, 2007 at 12:21 PM

Is Halle a dazzling urbanite?

csdeven on October 23, 2007 at 12:42 PM

Bar Rafaeli is the answer to all questions! The most beautiful woman in the world and she is Israeli! Just check out the SI swimsuit edition 2007.

Larraby on October 23, 2007 at 12:48 PM

And if she said this looks like my Arabic friend?

Kini on October 23, 2007 at 12:48 PM

Oh, so what? She was just making a (somewhat lame, admittedly but perfectly harmless) joke using a racial stereotype (that doesn’t even apply generally!). Who hasn’t, at some time or other? It doesn’t mean anyone’s joining the Klan, or the Nazi Party.

She’s not particularly bright and apparently kind of sheltered, and the moment reeks of naivete and dim-witted benevolence.

Enough, already.

Slightly off-topic, can I jusy say, re Halle: YUM!

Kensington on October 23, 2007 at 1:13 PM

She seems genuinely sorry for what was hardly a scathing remark… cut her some slack.

D2Boston on October 23, 2007 at 1:14 PM

Homina homina homina!

Kensington on October 23, 2007 at 1:15 PM

She really is breathtaking; she’s Michelle Pfeiffer hot.

Kensington on October 23, 2007 at 1:16 PM

Larraby on October 23, 2007 at 10:42 AM

Agreed. I get the impression whenever I read and Friedman column’s

“It’s Tom Friedman’s world and you all out there just happen to live in it.”

Hilts on October 23, 2007 at 1:17 PM

[Attila (Pillage Idiot) on October 23, 2007 at 12:18 PM]

He’s not hot, either.

Dusty on October 23, 2007 at 1:19 PM

Allahpundit on October 23, 2007 at 12:15 PM

You bet. And ESPECIALLY from me. I’d also tell Michelle that her understudy needs a spankin’.

Andy in Agoura Hills on October 23, 2007 at 1:20 PM

Larraby on October 23, 2007 at 12:48 PM

Also stupid.

Andy in Agoura Hills on October 23, 2007 at 1:21 PM

Allah if the point of the post is that she’ll get away with it and that’s the double standard we’re talking about, then I agree.

And, having looked at Halle Berre in this vid, I am all in favor of More Halle Berre posts featuring video and/or stills and regardless of what she happens to be saying or doing. I think we can all agree on this.

BillLalor on October 23, 2007 at 1:26 PM

It’s pretty obvious she didn’t intend anything mean or hateful in what she said.

This is not a big deal.

But it was nice seeing the clip of her on Leno.

Try turning the sound off, and watching. It was about informative and interesting with the sound off as on.

Lawrence on October 23, 2007 at 1:44 PM

Allahpundit on October 23, 2007 at 12:15 PM

True. But we also expect you to know better.

Lawrence on October 23, 2007 at 1:44 PM

As if Jewish comedians and actors don’t make a living exaggerating their “Jewishness”.

right2bright on October 23, 2007 at 1:54 PM

Allahpundit on October 23, 2007 at 12:15 PM

Not very tolerant of you, Allah.

Rick on October 23, 2007 at 1:58 PM

Franklin Hill on October 23, 2007 at 10:47 AM

Because, pre-Civil war, if a white man and a black slave had a child, that child could be kept legally as a slave. That’s why the nomenclature is passed to us this way, surviving to this day.

Spirit of 1776 on October 23, 2007 at 2:00 PM

Wait until she gets in her next car accident, stumbles out of the SUV, and promptly asks the cop if he is a Jew, and blames the accident on the Joooos.

Neo on October 23, 2007 at 2:09 PM

Hilts on October 23, 2007 at 9:15 AM

davod on October 23, 2007 at 9:36 AM

Thanks for shining the floodlights on yourself. You know what you are.

***
I personally think people can talk about their family any way they please. Often in families we have ways of referring to each other that would not be acceptable away from the comfort of our homes. However when we speak of family, we naturally speak with this familiarity to people outside of the group. So, sometimes we say things that are kinda like inside baseball.

And as far as if she were white…. get real. Paris Hilton has dropped N-bombs several times in public. She is still a spokesperson and media darling. Come down from Planet Xenon. Money, power and a cute face will buy you exemptions from anything.

The Race Card on October 23, 2007 at 2:17 PM

I’m just waiting for her to make a comment about the zionists.

Rick on October 23, 2007 at 2:18 PM

I’m just waiting for her to make a comment about the zionists.

Like she would even know what the word “zionist” means.

Kensington on October 23, 2007 at 2:38 PM

Hmmm . . . Where have I heard similar comments about my “Jew Nose,” before?

Debbie Schlussel on October 23, 2007 at 3:14 PM