10 Questions Update

posted at 8:49 am on October 23, 2007 by Bryan

I just wanted to toss up a reminder that the 10 Questions candidate forum is still going on. If you haven’t been to the site in the past few days, there are quite a few new questions posted there for you to watch and vote up or down. If you’re a Hot Air reader and you’ve submitted a question, post a note about it here in comments so your fellow Hot Air heads can check it out and help push it up in the voting.

Comments

My question:

“Are you really going through with this 10 Questions thing?”

saint kansas on October 23, 2007 at 8:53 AM

Bryan

My questions to a presidential candidate would be a little more practical those seemed, well, oh never mind

1. Would you resist lets say a permanent raise of 1.8% in the social security rate from 6.2 to 8.0%? (come on now its just alittle increase :) )

2. If Iran announces it will use the first bomb on Israel, will you deploy USAF assets to Tel Aviv?

3. Will you veto windfall taxes on oil companies?

4. Will you be pressured to appoint “centrist” judges to the Federal Bench and the Supreme Court

5. Will you resist intervening in government bailouts of large US corporations?

6. What does green mean to you – the dollar – or the environment?

7. What does states rights mean to you?

8. What does preerve, protect and defend the constitution mean to you?

9. Duty, Honor, Country? Please put them in order of significance to you

10. Where do you want your presidential Library?

EricPWJohnson on October 23, 2007 at 9:09 AM

Those are great questions.

Would you mind if I strapped on one of those “empathy belly” pregnancy simulators under my shirt and clutched it while videotaping myself asking those questions? That seems to be worth a few votes.

saint kansas on October 23, 2007 at 9:31 AM

My question:

Candidate X, can you explain to those families who have lost loved ones needlessly to violence from illegal aliens why we should continue to not enforce our border laws?

rightside on October 23, 2007 at 9:32 AM

I have one question that I’ve always wanted to ask a candidate for office:

“Do you believe that there is a maximum percentage of a citizen’s wealth or income that the government should be allowed to take, and if so, what is that percentage?”

Farmer_Joe on October 23, 2007 at 9:42 AM

What a stupid waste of time.

Farmer_Joe: that’s the best question of the 57 I just reviewed. Way to go!

Jaibones on October 23, 2007 at 9:44 AM

I wish the social security tax was 6.2. It is actually double with the employer paying half except when, as in my case, a person is self employed and pays 15.3 for Social Security and Medicare.

bopbottle on October 23, 2007 at 10:18 AM

I think this is a brilliant idea.

DaveS on October 23, 2007 at 10:19 AM

I haven’t gone to the site b/c I didn’t understand if any of the candidates actually agreed to answer the selected questions. Is that the case, or are we just HOPING that at the end of the day they will answer the questions? I don’t see why they would, except the fringe candidates maybe. I bet Paul would.

RW Wacko on October 23, 2007 at 10:23 AM

I suggest getting a Hot Air poll going for the best 10 questions to submit. Just to raise the IQ level of the debate.

Texas Nick 77 on October 23, 2007 at 10:27 AM

I submitted two questions and they are in the third page.

terryannonline on October 23, 2007 at 10:52 AM

From the questions I read this sounds like just another opportunity for liberals to bash Bush/Republicans.
Jailbones is right, Farmer_Joe has the best question from those I read…

lambo61 on October 23, 2007 at 11:03 AM

What governmental departments would you eliminate?

Suggested answers: Homeland Security, IRS, DEA, Education, ATF.

Mark Jaquith on October 23, 2007 at 11:40 AM

Will Ron Paul admit that he’s really a liberal crank in blue suit and red tie.

Kini on October 23, 2007 at 12:43 PM

Just checked it out, all a bunch of libs from Cali. Voted anyway, but it’s pretty easy to see how this will turn out.

RW Wacko on October 23, 2007 at 1:00 PM

ooooh look. perky has two questions this time.

not about to leave for the fair this time

TexasDan on October 23, 2007 at 1:55 PM

I have only 3 questions:

1. What is your name?

2. What is your quest?

3. What is the airspeed of a fully laden hummingbird, both forward and reverse, for both African and European varieties? Express your answers in units of light-years per fortnight.

georgej on October 23, 2007 at 2:27 PM

I went back a couple of days ago to check on new videos and couldn’t get half of them to load, so I gave up. I’m keeping an eye on it. I think it’s a great idea. Especially because you get to actually see the faces of morons.

Connie on October 23, 2007 at 3:43 PM

ARTHUR: Old woman!
DENNIS: Man!
ARTHUR: Man. Sorry. What knight lives in that castle over there?
DENNIS: I’m thirty-seven.
ARTHUR: I– what?
DENNIS: I’m thirty-seven. I’m not old.
ARTHUR: Well, I can’t just call you ‘Man’.
DENNIS: Well, you could say ‘Dennis’.
ARTHUR: Well, I didn’t know you were called ‘Dennis’.
DENNIS: Well, you didn’t bother to find out, did you?
ARTHUR: I did say ‘sorry’ about the ‘old woman’, but from the behind you looked–
DENNIS: What I object to is that you automatically treat me like an inferior!
ARTHUR: Well, I am King!
DENNIS: Oh, King, eh, very nice. And how d’you get that, eh? By exploiting the workers! By ‘anging on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society. If there’s ever going to be any progress with the–
WOMAN: Dennis, there’s some lovely filth down here. Oh! How d’you do?
ARTHUR: How do you do, good lady? I am Arthur, King of the Britons. Who’s castle is that?
WOMAN: King of the who?
ARTHUR: The Britons.
WOMAN: Who are the Britons?
ARTHUR: Well, we all are. We are all Britons, and I am your king.
WOMAN: I didn’t know we had a king. I thought we were an autonomous collective.
DENNIS: You’re fooling yourself. We’re living in a dictatorship: a self-perpetuating autocracy in which the working classes–
WOMAN: Oh, there you go bringing class into it again.
DENNIS: That’s what it’s all about. If only people would hear of–
ARTHUR: Please! Please, good people. I am in haste. Who lives in that castle?
WOMAN: No one lives there.
ARTHUR: Then who is your lord?
WOMAN: We don’t have a lord.
ARTHUR: What?
DENNIS: I told you. We’re an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week,…
ARTHUR: Yes.
DENNIS: …but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting…
ARTHUR: Yes, I see.
DENNIS: …by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs,…
ARTHUR: Be quiet!
DENNIS: …but by a two-thirds majority in the case of more major–
ARTHUR: Be quiet! I order you to be quiet!
WOMAN: Order, eh? Who does he think he is? Heh.
ARTHUR: I am your king!
WOMAN: Well, I didn’t vote for you.
ARTHUR: You don’t vote for kings.
WOMAN: Well, how did you become King, then?
ARTHUR: The Lady of the Lake,…
[angels sing]
…her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water signifying by Divine Providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur.
[singing stops]
That is why I am your king!
DENNIS: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
ARTHUR: Be quiet!
DENNIS: Well, but you can’t expect to wield supreme executive power just ’cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!
ARTHUR: Shut up!
DENNIS: I mean, if I went ’round saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they’d put me away!
ARTHUR: Shut up, will you? Shut up!
DENNIS: Ah, now we see the violence inherent in the system.
ARTHUR: Shut up!
DENNIS: Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help! Help! I’m being repressed!
ARTHUR: Bloody peasant!
DENNIS: Oh, what a give-away. Did you hear that? Did you hear that, eh? That’s what I’m on about. Did you see him repressing me? You saw it, didn’t you?

KINI: When does the primary take place, I gatta take a pee break.

Kini on October 23, 2007 at 6:10 PM

A suggestion for next time. I find that I can’t always remember which ones I’ve watched and voted on. Some I watched and didn’t vote either way. I realize we have the option of changing our votes, but I’d like to be able to immediately see which ones I’ve viewed and already voted on, what my vote was, and which are new since my last visit. It wouldn’t be such a big deal, but since there is time spent waiting for videos to load, the features I suggested would make visiting and participating go faster.

Connie on October 24, 2007 at 1:16 AM