Video: Ron Paul supporters getting creepier by the minute

posted at 7:05 pm on October 19, 2007 by Allahpundit

Does anyone know if America’s Greatest Patriot has formally distanced himself yet from any of the myriad kooks and cretins that have attached themselves to his hull? In this week alone we’ve been treated to a report that he’s the candidate of choice for Michigan militia types, an ad cooked up by supporters to reassure voters that the foul hand of Israel holds no sway over him, and now this grassroots promo for a Paul event on November 5 — Guy Fawkes Day, in memory of the man who tried to blow up Parliament — with imagery borrowed from “V for Vendetta,” a violent quasi-anarchist revenge fantasy which creeped Ace out sufficiently to write two separate critiques of how dangerously incendiary it was.

The media’s starting to chatter about the peculiarities of some of the Bircheresque Crank’s more crankish, bircheresque supporters, but they’re always quick to qualify it by noting that Paul hasn’t sought their endorsement — which isn’t true, incidentally, in the case of Truthers, whom he’s deliberately wooed by appearing on Alex Jones’s radio show. But let’s grant that it’s true in the case of the three examples given above. Question: Why isn’t Paul being pressed by the media to denounce garbage like this the way Rudy Giuliani, say, surely would if he was the one acting as a troll magnet? If, for whatever reason, Giuliani had a strong following among Holocaust deniers, you’d better believe the press would be curious to know (a) why that is and (b) what Rudy planned to do to communicate to them that they should kindly bugger off. Have either of those screws been put to the Paulnut yet vis-a-vis Truthers, I wonder? The harshest thing I’ve heard him say about them is that he doesn’t believe in the conspiracy, but as far as taking their money and their requests for signed, lipstick-kiss photos, he seems more than happy to help them out.

A random Giuliani fundraiser solicits $9.11 donations, which are then duly denounced and refunded by the campaign, and it’s national news. How about the Guy Fawkes Day fundraiser, Ron? We cool with that too? Just one anti-authoritarian patriot using a day dedicated to another to make a little bank?

Comments

Even if they don’t raise 10 million, anything the Greatest American Patriot gets on Nov. 5th will be impressive.
I mean, 100$ is a lot of allowance money.

billy on October 19, 2007 at 7:13 PM

I got as far as the Guy Fawkes quote.

mojowire on October 19, 2007 at 7:13 PM

Ok, so they try to impress us with their huge support. Then, at the end, they show a graphic of a sign saying “Who is Ron Paul?”?

amerpundit on October 19, 2007 at 7:14 PM

the goal is too reach 10 million dollars in one day

heh.

BadgerHawk on October 19, 2007 at 7:14 PM

Elementary, my dear Allah. They know RP makes all the republicans look a little kookier the longer he stands up on the stage. He helps the democrats; his supporters know this; by throwing around flyers in muslim districts saying a republican hates the jews, by the transitive property you can argue that all republicans hate the jews.

lorien1973 on October 19, 2007 at 7:16 PM

I also like the three quotes, in order:

NO MORE!!
NO MORE!!
!!RON PAUL!!!

They took the words right out of my mouth.

BadgerHawk on October 19, 2007 at 7:16 PM

True…Ron Paul has appeared on Alex Jones’ show a few times…but didn’t he also state he did not believe in a 9/11 conspiracy? He blames US foreign policy in the Middle East the past decade…

I talk regularly to many Paul supporters…and they truly believe Paul is the victim of “corporate media shills” who are conspired to dismiss him. They don’t believe the Rasumssen polls…and point to the Straw Polls Paul has “won” as proof of his wide support.

Of course, this whole thing of having so many people donate a hundred bucks apiece on one day: Me thinks it’s another ploy…someone(s) going to donate, and have it “split up” into smaller $100 unique donations, thus making it appear that a hundred thou people are donating.

Either that, or it would come as no suprise that Paul would have 100,000 people in his camp country-wide. And people have been donating 20 or 40 bucks a pop each week. This gives ‘em time to “save up”, and do it all at once. And being able to claim a “record” while doing it, thereby enhancing it even more.

JetBoy on October 19, 2007 at 7:25 PM

“I’d buy that for a dollar”.

Really folks, I wouldn’t donate 25¢ to that loons people.

Sgt. Khe Sahn

1GooDDaDDy on October 19, 2007 at 7:26 PM

Was that the French National Anthem they were playing near the end?

jaime on October 19, 2007 at 7:29 PM

2 observations:

1. imho, The Savior WILL be a third party candidate in 08, and he will get 10-15% of the popular vote, enough to hand Hillary the WH. no one or no thing can talk The Savior out of this i dont think, especially after the GOP primary votes start getting counted and he doesnt get so much as
a fried sauzich. nada.

2. Could not the whole spray painted V thing also be a nod to “V”: The NBC mini-series thing against The Lizard dudes from Planet 10?

Remember V??? some of you do, many do not. NBC Mini series in the way-bitchin 80′s. Lizard people came down to earth ostensibly coz their spaceship broke down and they need some water for the radiator…where have we heard THAT before, eh??? The human, non-lizard hero dude had the same exact name as me.

But after the Lizard people landed, they started to eat mice and people and whatnot and steal our water. Next thing you know: worldwide human v. Lizard people cage match.

I dont have to tell you who won, do I?

Mike D. on October 19, 2007 at 7:34 PM

The young lady that shows up at the -:27 mark would make me salute the flag. That was the only worthwhile part.

Tennessee Dave on October 19, 2007 at 7:41 PM

In this week alone we’ve been treated to a report that he’s the candidate of choice for Michigan militia types, an ad cooked up by supporters to reassure voters that the foul hand of Israel holds no sway over him, and now this grassroots promo for a Paul event on November 5 — Guy Fawkes Day, in memory of the man who tried to blow up Parliament…

and another group of Paulians here.

RedWinged Blackbird on October 19, 2007 at 7:44 PM

Ten million dollars…

Ha Ha Ha. Mitt has made that six times over and spent that five times over.

Good luck RuPaul.

BKennedy on October 19, 2007 at 7:46 PM

Was that the French National Anthem they were playing near the end?
jaime on October 19, 2007 at 7:29 PM

Yes. Who are these people? Are there that many batshit crazy people in this country?

csdeven on October 19, 2007 at 7:50 PM

Tennessee Dave on October 19, 2007 at 7:41 PM

I involuntarily saluted.

csdeven on October 19, 2007 at 7:51 PM

and another group of Paulians here.

RedWinged Blackbird on October 19, 2007 at 7:44 PM

Whoa. It’s been said about every election, but this upcoming election truly is going to determine the success or failure of our great nation.

NTWR on October 19, 2007 at 7:56 PM

I still say “Paul/Kucinich 2008!”

RightWinged on October 19, 2007 at 7:58 PM

Was that the French National Anthem they were playing near the end?

Sort of. It was Tchaikovsky’s 1812 Overture, which was commissioned to celebrate Russia’s defeat of Napoleon’s invasion.

RedWinged Blackbird on October 19, 2007 at 8:01 PM

These people have some serious delusions of grandeur. They all want to be apostles of the new Messiah. Ron Paul couldn’t pull 2% of the popular vote with every twist of a butterfly ballot and the vast diebold conspiracy going his way.

The only reason he doesn’t have a “D” next to his name is that that’s Kucinich’s side of the street, and each whore has to work their own corner.

No one has more contempt for the media than I do, but I honestly think the reason he isn’t “held accountable” is that he’s Cynthia Mckinney in Elephant drag and everyone knows he’s a full blown wack-a-loon.

trubble on October 19, 2007 at 8:02 PM

Good Lord, that’s just about the lamest damn thing I ever did see. Except the babe in the bikini. That was awesome.

creeped Ace out sufficiently to write two separate critiques

Dangerously incendiary? Really? Dangerously boring, is more like it. It took me two tries to get through the whole damn thing.
By the way, Ace loses all his cred on movie reviews when he says “V” was worse than “Daredevil”. Worst. comic. movie. Ever.

mojowire on October 19, 2007 at 7:13 PM

Oh, no no no. You really should watch the whole thing. Very professional.
/sarc

SouthernDem on October 19, 2007 at 8:04 PM

I have some radical nutjob in one of my physics classes. Not only is he a stout supporter of the “9/11 Truth” movement, but he has also admitted to believing that the stock market crash of 1929 was caused by the government so the newly minted FEC would consolidate power!

Is it any wonder that he’s also a big supporter of the religion of global warming? Maybe he has a shrine for the Goracle, replete with bees wax candles and the sacrificing of cans of oil.

Would I be surprised if he also turns out to be a Ron Paul supporter? Actually, I would be because there is no way this guy is in any way on the right side of the isle.

Weebork on October 19, 2007 at 8:10 PM

a fried sauzich. nada.

I don’t think he can be a third party candidate, some states have sore loser laws that prevent people from running in primaries and in the general election. He also has promised not to run as a third party candidate.

Complete7 on October 19, 2007 at 8:10 PM

By the way, The Gothenburg Symphony Orchestra recorded the 1812 Overture accompanied by the Gothenburg Artillery Division. It’s very impressive. You can probably find it on most any file sharing network.

RedWinged Blackbird on October 19, 2007 at 8:16 PM

Oddly, if I had Ace’s critique a year ago, I would probably just dismissed it as mostly an overreaction. Today, I found myself agreeing with a lot of his criticism.

However, I disagree with Ace that V was the worst superhero movie. I still think the Fantastic Four as the worst comic/superhero movie! I even place F4 below Little Nicky. THAT says something!

Weebork on October 19, 2007 at 8:20 PM

I saw some of this crowd at a conference last month.

For a minute or two, I thought I might have made a wrong turn and ended up at a Klingon reunion.

Scary.

Ditto on the flag-waving bikini gal.

fred5678 on October 19, 2007 at 8:27 PM

Oh come on… The screws haven’t been put to the DEMS yet about their “truther” love…

someone on October 19, 2007 at 8:32 PM

I’m suspicious of this actual support for Ron Paul anyway. To me, it is made up of a lot of teenagers. I’m not sure about the rest of you, but as a teenager I didn’t have a lot of cash sitting around waiting for me to donate it to some presidential candidate I was really passionate about. I was too busy buying “Doom”, “Doom 2″, “Rise of the Triad” etc. PC games.

Also, if you haven’t noticed, people like to embellish a bit on the internet. It is also important to remember that Ronbots like to spam a lot of different popular websites, creating the impression of something that is much bigger than it really is.

I also personally don’t think Paul’s going to do any better than Ross Perot did, and Perot was a lot more reasonable (and entertaining) than Paul. Paul just whines and complains with this shrillish tone that is oddly reminiscent of Hillary’s shrilling.

Weebork on October 19, 2007 at 8:33 PM

One of us…One of us…One of us…One of us…

The Ugly American on October 19, 2007 at 8:34 PM

…my apologies for bringing down my last video too many people were complaining there were grammar errors and it was taking away from the message.

LMAO….

The Ugly American on October 19, 2007 at 8:37 PM

Tennessee Dave on October 19, 2007 at 7:41 PM

And the poster sign at the end “Who is Ron Paul?

Kini on October 19, 2007 at 8:38 PM

huffpo link starts out-

Through no fault of his own, Rep. Ron Paul’s anti-globalist, anti-government campaign for the Republican presidential nomination has become a magnet in neo-Nazi networks,

Yeah, no fault he sounds like the anti-everything group he’s trying to distance himself from. No fault they have the same visions and goals…no fault at all.
You are a product of your environment and Ron Paul hates with the best of ‘em. Match made in heaven.

shooter on October 19, 2007 at 8:43 PM

RedWinged Blackbird on October 19, 2007 at 7:44 PM

Here too. It’s really a wonderful little mix he’s discovered:

lorien1973 on October 19, 2007 at 8:46 PM

Mike D. on October 19, 2007 at 7:34 PM

Move the decimal point in your percentages one position to the left, and I’d maybe agree.

Hollowpoint on October 19, 2007 at 8:47 PM

Mike D. on October 19, 2007 at 7:34 PM

Put the crack pipe down. Woodstock is over.

Bradky on October 19, 2007 at 8:51 PM

OBTW – V For Cheesy

Kini on October 19, 2007 at 8:56 PM

csdeven on October 19, 2007 at 7:50 PM

yes, cs, there certainly are.

and that Russkie dude who wrote the 1812 Overture was almost as crazy as Ron Paul

and Gay ( not that there’s anything wrong with that…..)

Janos Hunyadi on October 19, 2007 at 9:22 PM

But he’s a DOCTOR!!!!

robblefarian on October 19, 2007 at 10:11 PM

Are you sure? They do not seem that old.

lorien1973 on October 19, 2007 at 8:46 PM

After that link I’ll be disinfecting for the next several months.

jdkchem on October 19, 2007 at 10:49 PM

Needs far better proofreading and editing – examples:

“The goal is too reach 10 million dollars in one day.”

“Too” is spelled incorrectly. Why would I, or anyone thinking rationally, donate money to an organization that can’t pay attention to details so basic a 6th grader would’ve noticed?

Several instances of ‘ .. ‘, which should be an ellipsis. Again, another example of not paying attention to details.

Clearly, it’s terribly mediocre and amateur collage.

eanax on October 19, 2007 at 11:04 PM

JetBoy on October 19, 2007 at 7:25 PM
You actually met a RP supporter ? Wow, as far as I know I have not. It is like those reality shows. I read about them or heard about them from the “news” channels but have never watched any of them nor met anybody that will admit watching the programs. I must move in the wrong circles.

SIJ6141 on October 20, 2007 at 12:17 AM

But he’s a DOCTOR!!!!

Ahem.

Pablo on October 20, 2007 at 12:42 AM

I sometimes use Paul supporters as fodder for the ploitical blog when I’m feeling uncreative, to be fair I once e-mailed his official website asking them if Paul knew Stormfront/David Duke et al were stumping for him and would they or Paul repudiate them. They answered me 3 weeks later in a terse e-mail directing me to an essay Paul wrote in the 90s about racism being collectivist.

That same day i got a couple of dozen contact form and comment section love letters from Paul supporters. My guess is that Paul is using these suckers for much needed funds, including sending his own people to the forums to stump for him. Just another example of Paul’s dishonest tactics.

By the way, the Mich. Militia’s “second in command” is a Black guy. They’re NWO kooks, but their not the Klanners in the Paul camp.

Rob Taylor on October 20, 2007 at 1:27 AM

Paul has a weak, wimpy, whiny voice.

No one wants to have to hear that for 4 years.

No matter what he says.

He was a weak, wimpy, whiny foreign policy, too.

But the voice alone is a deathknell for this candidacy.

The angry Mister Rogers of Libertari-Anarchy.

profitsbeard on October 20, 2007 at 2:20 AM

To me, restoring the Republic means kicking enough Democrats out of Congress so as to make them the minority again.

Restoring the Republic means making sure that Hillary Clinton DOES NOT BECOME PRESIDENT by virtue of having a 3rd party candidate like Paul siphoning enough Republican votes to elect the Witch, the way Perot did to elect her rapist husband.

Restoring the Republic means putting Schumer, Kennedy, Clinton (both of them), Murtha, Pelosi, Rockerfeller, Durbin, Leahy, Harkin, Dodd in prison for being traitors to the Constitution.

It does not mean wasting my vote on that chucklehead Paul.

georgej on October 20, 2007 at 3:45 AM

Needs far better proofreading and editing – examples:

Several instances of ‘ .. ‘, which should be an ellipsis.
eanax on October 19, 2007 at 11:04 PM

I noticed that, too. Perhaps if we all donate that $100 per, the campaign will be able to afford true ellipses(…)

And, I regret to inform them that “I regret to inform you they lied” should be “…you, [comma] they lied.” Unless you say “that they lied.”

Say it with me now: “If you can’t punctuate, you can’t legislate!”

Captain Scarlet on October 20, 2007 at 6:46 AM

November 5th

Guy Fawkes Day is October 31st. It’s taken very seriously in Northern Ireland as Fawkes was a Catholic terrorist motivated by the unjust repression of the British Government. (Not that I’m defending him, they can burn him in effigy all they want.)

Remember V??? some of you do, many do not. NBC Mini series in the way-bitchin 80’s. Lizard people came down to earth ostensibly coz their spaceship broke down and they need some water for the radiator…where have we heard THAT before, eh??? The human, non-lizard hero dude had the same exact name as me.

I dont have to tell you who won, do I?

That program used to scare the crap out of me. Remember when that woman had two babies, one normal and one lizard and then the normal stuck out its lizard tongue. Oh God I couldn’t watch that again. I’m going to have nightmares now thanks!

aengus on October 20, 2007 at 10:17 AM

Screw the anarchy…this ones a sure-fire YouTube takedown just on the copyright infringement alone.

E. M. on October 20, 2007 at 11:26 AM

“the goal is too reach 100 million dollars in one day”

So you can buy a grammar lesson and editing crews?

Black Adam on October 20, 2007 at 1:19 PM

That blonde was so h0t…

Tim Burton on October 20, 2007 at 1:34 PM

Coincidence?

Sucky movie for sucky candidate and sucky nutjobs.

Ryan Gandy on October 20, 2007 at 8:53 PM

Ron Paul as Guy Fawkes? Do they know that Guy Fawkes got caught and ended up being hung drawn and quartered?

A moot point. These people can only function on a very simple level. Looking at Paulians for depth, nuance or allegory is like staring into a void.

Also, this whole video was RUINED by the use of Arial font to display their vital message. It gave it the final mark of home video editing.

uptight on October 21, 2007 at 1:53 AM

Absolutely lame except for the blonde in the bikini!

And the whole V for Vendetta thing is ridiculous, it was a fictional politically motivated movie, and a craptastic one at that! Yet these POS tools hold it up and rally around it as if it were true depiction of current events, just goes to prove how ignorant twoofers are!

Morons!