Video: Depression strikes HamNation

posted at 4:35 pm on October 19, 2007 by Allahpundit

Never has the term “blue” been more fitting. MK read the news today, oh boy, and it sent her into a spiraling funk worthy of the big A himself. She’s recovered now for reasons that will soon become clear, but I haven’t quite roused myself to join her. Yes, it’s true that the election is shaping up to be closer than it might be if the Democrats were shrewder about their nominee, but it’s the rare campaign that prevails running on little more than how awful the other guy is — which, let’s face it, is where we’re heading after the primaries. Waffles tried that strategy in 2004 and still couldn’t surf a toxic tidal wave of Bush-hatred on the left to victory. If this really is our secret weapon for next year then the Hammer had better stock up on Edy’s. Click the image to watch.

depression.jpg

Comments

It’s OK Hammer. I nearly drunk myself to death in disbelief the night when Clinton won the first time in ’92. I guess that’s why I’m not so so disappointed if Hillary wins this time. . . life goes on. And I am actually more depressed about a few other things in my personal life right now to be concerned with things happening to people I’ll never meet (politicians) and who will never do anything for me.

ThackerAgency on October 19, 2007 at 4:42 PM

any day with the Hammer is “a beautiful day”

eyesky on October 19, 2007 at 4:44 PM

I agree with you to a point, but he was also fighting an incumbent Republican during a war. This time around, no one’s an incumbent. Which is, of course, also a negative for us.

amerpundit on October 19, 2007 at 4:46 PM

That was funny and true.

TheSitRep on October 19, 2007 at 4:46 PM

Unfortunate, but all too true…and this election looks to be caked in mud slinging.

JetBoy on October 19, 2007 at 4:47 PM

Brilliant in a subtle kind of way. Unity – worth remembering.

Halley on October 19, 2007 at 4:50 PM

MHK = hot
Her “co-star” = hotter

revolutionismyname on October 19, 2007 at 4:53 PM

I’m glad it was AP who posted this because he needs to heed its message. I don’t think I’ve come across a more pessimistic right of center blogger than AP, regarding the ’08 election.

Personally, I wouldn’t bet against Republicans winning the White House and making gains in both Congressional houses. November 08 is a long 13 months away and plenty of time to be remind everyone what is so terrible about Hillary and for the Congressional Dems to finish they’re journey of self destruction and incompetence.

Nessuno on October 19, 2007 at 4:56 PM

Hillary will not be President… remember… Maxx said that !

Maxx on October 19, 2007 at 4:57 PM

Do we need to send the Green Favazza and Ham team up north for some consulting?

steveegg on October 19, 2007 at 4:58 PM

…but it’s the rare campaign that prevails running on little more than how awful the other guy is….

See 2006.

steveegg on October 19, 2007 at 4:59 PM

What a great screen cap. Looks like Alanis Moroso-ette herself.

Spirit of 1776 on October 19, 2007 at 5:00 PM

I still think it’s too early (way too early) to throw in the towel on ’08, although one must recognize the potholes in the road. But neither should one underemphasize the toxicity of Hillary.

Furthermore:

… the Democrats tried that strategy again in ’06 and looks like it worked pretty good. Can anyone still figure out what they were actually for? Me neither.

Regardless, pretty funny piece, and great use of music in the ‘perk up’ part. And as one final thought to snap you out of depression, even if Hillary does win in ’08 … just wait until the ’10 midterms. With a Dem congress (currently running at 11% approval even with a Bush WH) and a toxic Dem congress, we could be looking at the mother of all backlashes.

thirteen28 on October 19, 2007 at 5:01 PM

Very good!!!

nottakingsides on October 19, 2007 at 5:01 PM

The only way we lose in 08 is if we nominate a scumbag lobbyist who gave legal advice to terrorists. Even Hillary looks patriotic compared to that.

csdeven on October 19, 2007 at 5:02 PM

It was so sad at first! But then it got better. Thanks, MK; glad you got your mojo back…

Jaibones on October 19, 2007 at 5:02 PM

I sometimes like the hammer, but this vid is just moronic. Hilary is not the great demon, not Adolph Hitler, not Stalin, and not the anti-Christ. In fact, if we look at who could be the next Democratic president, she’s our first choice. President Barack Hussein Obama? President Dennis Kucinich? President Silky? President Gravel?

thuja on October 19, 2007 at 5:03 PM

thuja, I think you’re missing the point, which is that Hillary is her own worst enemy. It’s not either-or. She WILL be the nominee.

rivlax on October 19, 2007 at 5:11 PM

The idea is “to strangle the life out of [an opponent's] campaign before there’s any momentum,” says Mr. Fabrizio, the Republican pollster.

Bingo!

rockhauler on October 19, 2007 at 5:11 PM

With a Dem congress (currently running at 11% approval even with a Bush WH) and a toxic Dem congress president, we could be looking at the mother of all backlashes.

So much for the “preview” button, can we have an “edit” button? Please?

thirteen28 on October 19, 2007 at 5:11 PM

any day with the Hammer is “a beautiful day”

eyesky on October 19, 2007 at 4:44 PM

You can say that again.

steveegg on October 19, 2007 at 5:13 PM

…scumbag lobbyist who gave legal advice to terrorists…
csdeven on October 19, 2007 at 5:02 PM

Keep this up and you may just be the guy that finally gives meaning to the phrase “ironically autoparodoxical satire” ;-)

Ochlan on October 19, 2007 at 5:17 PM

Ugh, she uses that U2 song for when she cheers up… but am I the only one who finds the sound of any U2 song to be excruciatingly depressing? I don’t know what it is.

RightWinged on October 19, 2007 at 5:29 PM

thuja on October 19, 2007 at 5:03 PM

That’s like pointing out that Jackie Mackey Paisly whatever was the hottest chick at the Star Trek convention.

MKH’s point (she can correct me here if I’m wrong) is that Hillary has a galvanizing effect on the Republican base, the kind that might tend to make us forget our differences and get behind whoever is our nominee. Nothing moronic about that at all.

thirteen28 on October 19, 2007 at 5:32 PM

Ochlan on October 19, 2007 at 5:17 PM

I’m starting to smell some Paul-nut flavor in his posts.

steveegg on October 19, 2007 at 5:34 PM

thuja on October 19, 2007 at 5:03 PM

I think you underestimate the Clintons. Their third term will be far more damaging than that of any of the other Dems, who would lack the political power and ruthlessness to do the things the Clintons certainly will. Their first two terms were already marked by remarkable politicizations of (relatively) apolitical entities like the State department. Their third (or heaven forbid fourth) term would take that notion and run with it to an extent undreamt of since at least the days of FDR, if ever at all in the US. The aftermath of their reign would be a political climate in which Republicans, even if they could regain the Presidency or congressional control, would be unable to function due to the partisan resistances from virtually every level of the bureaucracy (not the mention the news media and judiciary). Their single-minded goal would be to stack the deck such that conservativism, theoretically, could never make a comeback.

As for her not being a Stalin, I suspect that’s far more a testament to the protections the Constitution still provides than it is to her personal character.

Blacklake on October 19, 2007 at 5:35 PM

It’s a beautiful day….. Hahahahaha.

But to turn it into Sunday, Bloody Sunday, all she has to do is hold up a picture of Rudy, Mitt, or Fred =/

Rode Werk on October 19, 2007 at 5:35 PM

You’re kidding, right?

Negative campaigning is what moves votes.

It’s why the Left is still enraged at the Swift Boat Vets for Truth.

It’s why the GOP made sure everyone saw Algore as the vainglorious robot that he is.

It’s why Clinton/Gore said 1992 was the worst economy in the last 50 years if you asked them what the weather was like.

It’s why GHWB made sure everyone saw Dukakis as the soft-on-crime, silly-in-a-tank doofus that he was. It’s why the most memorable line of that campaign is Bentsen telling Quayle he was no JFK.

It’s why RR painted Mondale as the soft-on-communism tax-raising son-of-Carter that he was. It’s why Mondale beat Hart over the head with “Where’s the beef?”

It’s why RR asking “Are you better off than you were four years ago?” trumped Carter’s attempt to portray RR as a dangerous maniac.

And that’s just back throguh 1980. If I say the phrase “Daisy ad,” a lot of people here know what I’m saying, even though the ad was shown once.

Karl on October 19, 2007 at 5:39 PM

How can anybody feel depressed when there is a family sized box of Cheezits within arms reach?! Get MK some Martinelli’s apple juice to go with the Cheezits and she will be euphoric.

ttevolla on October 19, 2007 at 5:43 PM

I’m happy that MKH is happy. You know it just makes me…well, I don’t know…happy I guess.

I feel much better now.

Sgt. Khe Sahn

1GooDDaDDy on October 19, 2007 at 6:13 PM

If it weren’t for the judicial appointments I wouldn’t care about 08.

frreal on October 19, 2007 at 6:26 PM

Yeehaw, gal.

The Ugly American on October 19, 2007 at 6:52 PM

csdeven on October 19, 2007 at 5:02 PM

Yeah, let’s vote for a guy who wants to kill babies and take away our guns. I know he says he doesn’t, but for some reason I don’t believe him.

Kowboy on October 19, 2007 at 6:57 PM

MHK = hot
Her “co-star” = hotter

revolutionismyname on October 19, 2007 at 4:53 PM

NOT!
MKH is very well rounded in hotness! Smile of an angel, beauty of a vixen, politics of a conservative, good head on her shoulders, in addition, she can be funny. :)

lsutiger on October 19, 2007 at 7:17 PM

I think that’s the least sexual title you’ve ever used, Allah.

Many thanks for posting. :)

KatieFavazza on October 19, 2007 at 7:18 PM

csdeven on October 19, 2007 at 5:02 PM

Ironically, this scumbag lobbyist is about the only one of the top ranked candidates that I believe will actually do what he says he will do.

I would rather have a guy like Fred who is being honest with us up front, than someone like Rudy who hasn’t given me much reason to trust him.

Lawrence on October 19, 2007 at 7:19 PM

That was freakin funny.

We were just chatting about your depression Allah.

Rightwingsparkle on October 19, 2007 at 7:22 PM

Brilliant!

Zorro on October 19, 2007 at 7:33 PM

That was incredibly funny. Loved it!

Splunge on October 19, 2007 at 7:34 PM

The Hamster is so cool.

tarpon on October 19, 2007 at 7:36 PM

I think that’s the least sexual title you’ve ever used, Allah.

Many thanks for posting. :)

KatieFavazza on October 19, 2007 at 7:18 PM

Where have you been the last month or so?

steveegg on October 19, 2007 at 8:31 PM

Ha. I would have gone with “Zippety-Do-Da” instead of U2, but still great.

What’s on her shirt?

Tanya on October 19, 2007 at 9:00 PM

On the other hand, I’m slightly disappointed one of the things libs cherish the most didn’t make it through to passage. BEEEcause, when the middle of the roaders and the “I vote based on the candidate” crowd see what’s in store for their wallet – it will narrow the field considerably.

24K lady on October 19, 2007 at 9:01 PM

Okay, gotta ask……

These are gals I’d want to hang out with. Smart, conservative with a sense of humor! What is it that liberal chicks are so different?

highhopes on October 19, 2007 at 9:04 PM

It’s really not that “brilliant”, “funny” or “hot”.

tlynch001 on October 19, 2007 at 10:36 PM

These are gals I’d want to hang out with.

But you’re on the computer on a Friday night…hmmmm…why can’t you find them….

Liberal chicks are freaky-deaky. Just wear your che t-shirt and bad mouth the war and you are in. Give it a try.

tlynch001 on October 19, 2007 at 10:39 PM

csdeven on October 19, 2007 at 5:02 PM

Thanks cs, I was starting to feel good about things and enjoying MK’s charms, but you have a way of pissing on all of that.

You the man!

conservnut on October 19, 2007 at 11:19 PM

Rush has the best quote of all about Hitlery. She’s everyman’s 1st, 2nd, and 3rd ex-wife all rolled into one. She doesn’t have a chance.

Mojave Mark on October 19, 2007 at 11:28 PM

For soundtrack they should have used Louie Armstrong’s “What a Wonderful World.”

Mojave Mark on October 19, 2007 at 11:30 PM

But you’re on the computer on a Friday night…hmmmm…why can’t you find them….

Um….. The question was merely academic. I found my “smart chick” years ago. I don’t think the wife would appreciate me looking around on any night of the week! “Thank you very much” for your narrow-minded assumptions and/or your weak attempt at humor.

Liberal chicks are freaky-deaky.

On that we agree, I’m just trying to figure out why supposedly intelligent and well-meaning individuals become “freaky-deaky.”

highhopes on October 20, 2007 at 12:09 AM

“Hilary is not the great demon”

Sorry, you’re wrong.

She is evil; a threat to the Republic. A consummate liar and obstructor of justice. A vindictive b*tch who hurts people for spite. She decorates her Christmas trees not with ornaments like the rest of us, but with condoms and sex toys.

She engineered the railroading of Billy Dale of the White House Travel Office into a FELONY charge, just so she could give the job to her pals, the Thomasons. She stole Air Force One’s flatware on the day they left office. She KEPT the gifts to America that she was supposed to turn into the archives, as required by law.

She engineered the “hits” on the reputations of Paula Jones, Katherine Willey, and Juanita Broadrick.

She is personally corrupt, she runs a smear and slander machine that has no equal, past or present.

georgej on October 20, 2007 at 4:05 AM

I loved the front & center Cheez-its hiding Hammy with her Edy ice cream. :)

Coronagold on October 20, 2007 at 7:11 AM

Mrs. Bill Clinton’s defeat of Obama, and rejection of him as VP material, will alienate many black voters.

T J Green on October 20, 2007 at 1:16 PM

Too funny.

The HillBill klepto machine is completely beatable, we need to concentrate on finding the very best real Conservative on the ballot not because we’re worrying about Hillary but because that’s who we want in the Whitehouse.

Amazing what make up artists can do these days. With a little bondo.

Speakup on October 20, 2007 at 1:53 PM

Quite a bit can happen between now and election year. I’m concerned to be sure but I’m in no way in full depression mode….. yet.

Yakko77 on October 20, 2007 at 10:55 PM

I know it was satire, but when her friend knocks on the door and sees the place is a mess…well…flashback time. Depression is never pretty.
As for the political-I’d take more comfort in the “Unlikeable secret weapon” being ‘unelectable’ if the Dems hadn’t gotten so close in 2004 when running an empty suit.

Doug on October 21, 2007 at 6:33 PM