Rebecca Aguilar responds: You took my story the wrong way!

posted at 1:32 pm on October 19, 2007 by Bryan

A Dallas viewer started typing off an angry email to KDFW-TV’s Rebecca Aguilar even before her infamous story had finished airing. And she actually replied.

Thanks for your feedback.
First of all, Mr. Walton is the one who told me where he was going to buy his shotgun. Though he didn’t want his face on camera, after he showed us the new weapon…. he did want to share his side of the story. He didn’t want folks to think he was some kind of criminal. That’s why he shared his tears, his remorse, and his side of the story. I also reminded viewers that Mr. Walton did not break any laws, because he was in the right. I’m sorry you took my story the wrong way. You didn’t see my story yesterday…when I pointed out that the man Mr. Walton killed had a criminal record involving theft. Rebecca Aguilar Fox 4 News.

If we were allowed to show a still from the story (KDFW went the C&D route and got the video scrubbed from the internet almost entirely) I’d show a still of Aguilar standing in the open door of Walton’s car while she badgered him and fidgeted with her umbrella. It’s that picture plus Walton’s reaction, combined with Aguilar’s “Are you a trigger happy person?” line that we all “misunderstood.” It’s all our fault. Mea culpa.

It’s also my fault that I started a new genre of jokes at Ms. Aguilar’s expense too. Bad, bad blogger! Another bad, bad blogger has set up an Aguilar-related poll. Be a Democrat, and vote early, often and long after you die.

More: This is actually related to this morning’s true crime story, not the Aguilar story, but check out Geraldo asking a woman why her husband didn’t shoot their burglar instead of making him clean up the house at gun point.

“Why didn’t your husband shoot him? I’d have at least winged him.”

Or spat on him?

Comments

It’s all George Bush’s fault!

JayHaw Phrenzie on October 19, 2007 at 1:37 PM

I like shot guns.

TheSitRep on October 19, 2007 at 1:41 PM

Vote as many times as you want in that poll, Purple Avenger didn’t bother to put a cap on votes, so you can put in as many votes as you want.

Bad Candy on October 19, 2007 at 1:41 PM

I like turtles.

Bad Candy on October 19, 2007 at 1:42 PM

Should put the Geraldo vid here Allah. He wanted the cleaning bandit shot

William Amos on October 19, 2007 at 1:43 PM

Moderation?

Timothy S. Carlson on October 19, 2007 at 1:44 PM

Okay – okay….

Bi-a-tch

Better?

Timothy S. Carlson on October 19, 2007 at 1:44 PM

OK wil put it here not sure it will stay

Geraldo Rivera asks woman who had bandit clean her house why she didnt shoot him

William Amos on October 19, 2007 at 1:45 PM

The poll is incomplete.

What profession is the most despised in America?
• 70 Year Old Store Owner
• News Reporter
• Lawyer
• Politician
• Armed robbers and arsonists

Ron Paul

RushBaby on October 19, 2007 at 1:45 PM

No he didn’t ….. you lying reporter sleaseball.

fogw on October 19, 2007 at 1:45 PM

sleazeball, scumbag. Whatever.

fogw on October 19, 2007 at 1:47 PM

I blame the Zionists. Oh, wait, I am one. I blame myself.

And I ate a big red candle.

mjk on October 19, 2007 at 1:47 PM

RushBaby on October 19, 2007 at 1:45 PM

Heh, from Ace’s comments,

Somehow, “Ron Paul is the only man who can save America” won the poll.

I didn’t even think that was an option…

Bad Candy on October 19, 2007 at 1:49 PM

Hey bit@h…Boo freakin hoo!

tickleddragon on October 19, 2007 at 1:51 PM

Um…that is NOT a link. lol.

tickleddragon on October 19, 2007 at 1:51 PM

This is a cease-and-desist letter? From Alice Kalthoff, Web Producer of KDFW FOX 4 Dallas-Fort Worth? It’s not even from a lawyer?

Geez.

Nice irony: Ms. Kalthoff includes her station’s url: myfoxdfw.com. I guess it really is hers.

saint kansas on October 19, 2007 at 1:52 PM

And I ate a big red candle.

mjk on October 19, 2007 at 1:47 PM

oh man, the humanities……….what did that poor candle ever do to you…..

doriangrey on October 19, 2007 at 1:55 PM

The poll is incomplete.

What profession is the most despised in America?
• 70 Year Old Store Owner
• News Reporter
• Lawyer
• Politician
• Armed robbers and arsonists

Ron Paul

RushBaby on October 19, 2007 at 1:45 PM

Yeah Baby! Double plus ungood!

The only problem with the internet – you get to vote
for your fellow idiot multiple times.

‘In the future, there will be no options, only the enviable results’…

Timothy S. Carlson on October 19, 2007 at 1:56 PM

Huh – I meant ‘inevitable results’ – but ‘enviable’ works too – funny about that :P

Timothy S. Carlson on October 19, 2007 at 1:59 PM

Seems pretty clear your story was trigger happy bias.

Kini on October 19, 2007 at 2:00 PM

Any predictions on how soon Rrrebecca Aguilarrr switches to the “It was satirrre” defense?

ReubenJCogburn on October 19, 2007 at 2:01 PM

Step 1: Ron Paul

Step 2: …

Step 3: Save America!

James on October 19, 2007 at 2:02 PM

Be a Democrat, and vote early, often and long after you die.

*snort*

lan astaslem on October 19, 2007 at 2:03 PM

Gerald, if they’d shot the guy, then they’d have all that blood and guts to clean up too! Duh!

The Monster on October 19, 2007 at 2:03 PM

Her “response” was self-serving, butt-covering baloney.

Aguilar knows how bad she looked. How vicious she looked. And now she’s in damage control mode.

She DELIBERATELY framed the story to make it look as if Walton were some kind of kill-crazy redneck. And he lives in a junkyard, to boot! She “puffed up” herself by standing in the open door of the Walton’s car, shoving the microphone in Walton’s face as if she were a female Geraldo.

Then she discovered that most people thought she was an insentive jerk, when the protest emails and phone calls started hitting the station. Now she’s trying to make it “all better.”

Well, sorry Ms. Aguilar, it’s too late. Far too late.

I’m on several gun-rights email lists, one of which is international in scope, and another national, which happens to have a number of Texans on it. The *NICEST* comment made about Aguilar was:

Quite possibly her politics inform her reporting, leading to this obnoxious assault on a 70 year old guy. In Atzlan, only the bronze people will have guns…

Believe me, most were a lot stronger, especially ones originating from the US Southwest. There were even strong remarks originating in Europe, where gun control is practically a religion in the UK, France, and Germany. And yes, there will almost certainly be anti-Aguilar bumper stickers and T-Shirts for sale at Texas gunshows in the near future, unless Ms Aguilar’s lawyers start filing injunctions.

She chose to be a lighting rod. She sowed the wind. Now she is reaping the whirlwind, and no amount of buttcovering is going to mitigate her “report.”

I suspect that for gun owners, the name Rebecca Aguilar won’t be remember for being “Hispanic Reporter of the Year,” but for being the self-righteous ass who attacked a 70 year old man for using a gun to defend himself.

georgej on October 19, 2007 at 2:04 PM

That is quite odd that Geraldo thinks it is o.k. to shoot and intruder in the fellows home, but it ISN’T alright to do the right thing when people are invading our country (likened to invading our home)! Guess that “Jerry Rivers” has some bias when he likes to have it, but don’t question him when it is otherwise.

hamdude on October 19, 2007 at 2:08 PM

georgej on October 19, 2007 at 2:04 PM

Well said. Some things can’t be spun, and her original “story” eloquently speaks for itself.

Splunge on October 19, 2007 at 2:14 PM

It was satire, you dummies! Don’t you get it?

BJ* on October 19, 2007 at 2:18 PM

I seriously doubt Hernando Revolver(Jerry Rivers) knows which end of the barrel the round comes out of.

1sttofight on October 19, 2007 at 2:21 PM

News Reporter 63% 1094

Politician 17% 286

Armed robbers and arsonists 10% 171

Lawyer 8% 142

70 Year Old Store Owner 2% 37

total votes: 1730

abinitioadinfinitum on October 19, 2007 at 2:24 PM

I didn’t get an email reply back:(

and I never used the word skank, hack, biatch, scum sucking bottom feeding worm or worthless pos no more then 10 times each .

I feel so slighted

Mojack420 on October 19, 2007 at 2:26 PM

hey!

tell ms A.

live by the camera, die by the camera.

C

pk on October 19, 2007 at 2:26 PM

I wonder if Geraldo would have felt the same if the thief would have been an illegal alien?

abinitioadinfinitum on October 19, 2007 at 2:34 PM

I’m sorry you took my story the wrong way.

Typical disingenuous lefty (non)-apology. When it comes to holier-than-thou attitudes, Christians ain’t got nothing on liberals.

infidel4life on October 19, 2007 at 2:36 PM

I’m undoubtedly in the minority, because I’m thinkin’ she believes every word she wrote. She actually does think her report and her manner of reporting and interviewing was entirely fair.

That only makes it worse, in my opinion. As most everyone in the news entertainment industry, she lives in her own little world. If there had been no outcry, the mgmt would never have suspended her. They’re in ass-covering mode as well.

Splashman on October 19, 2007 at 2:40 PM

Welcome to the National Rifle Association …The Trigger Happy People!

The Ugly American on October 19, 2007 at 2:50 PM

I’m upset that lawyers aren’t doing better (worse) in the poll.

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on October 19, 2007 at 3:03 PM

Welcome to the National Rifle Association …The Trigger Happy People!

The Ugly American on October 19, 2007 at 2:50 PM

They’re the Happy Trigger People.

James on October 19, 2007 at 3:06 PM

Having watched Mssss. A-gu-larhhh for a number of years I must confess, I found that cute little button on my ‘mote (the same one that gave me carple tunnel watching Geraldomundo) and found other stations where I didn’t have to watch her sappy mindnumbing reporting. “King of the Hill” fit the bill perfectly. There are a number of excellent reporters in the Dallas/Metroplex – why she got the kudos I don’t know. Do everyone a favor a keep her on permanent suspension.

24K lady on October 19, 2007 at 3:13 PM

National Rifle Association- getting the job done.

leanright on October 19, 2007 at 3:19 PM

I’m sorry you took my story the wrong way.

Because it’s all about you.

How hard it must be for reporters who want so badly to be the story, when it actually happens.

TexasDan on October 19, 2007 at 3:22 PM

I would have put the car in gear and started backing up.

Then the story would have been about me defending myself, with prejudice, not only from thieves in my home but from people harrassing me on the street.

This reporter is a bottom-feeder, and she knows it, and she doesn’t care. And that is just sad.

Lawrence on October 19, 2007 at 3:22 PM

Thanks for your feedback [you worthless ingrates].
First of all, Mr. Walton is the one who told me where he was going to buy his shotgun and I followed him to find out where. Though he didn’t want his face on camera, after he showed us the new weapon…we decided to show his face anyway to make him cry. he did want to share his side of the story despite our belief that he’s really and truly evil and a baby-killer. He didn’t want folks to think he was some kind of criminal but we portrayed him in this light because we don’t like those who protect themselves. That’s why he I forced him to shared shed his tears, his remorse, and his side of the story. I also reminded viewers after making him cry, of course, that Mr. Walton did not break any laws, because he was in the right. I don’t want accusations of bias, do I? I’m sorry you took my story the wrong way saw my true colors. You didn’t probably did see my story yesterday…when I pointed out, but didn’t make that my focus, that the man Mr. Walton killed had a criminal record involving theft…but you instantly forgot when I cornered and assaulted Mr. Walton. Rebecca Aguilar Fox 4 News.

There…fixed it for ya!

Miss_Anthrope on October 19, 2007 at 3:38 PM

It didn’t look to me as if he was showing her his shotgun.

davod on October 19, 2007 at 3:39 PM

If Fox 4 News allows this woman to keep her job then Fox 4 News is just as bad as she is.

Maxx on October 19, 2007 at 3:41 PM

The real question that needs to be answered is why did the police department refuse to come to Mr. Walton’s aid? That’s their job, that’s what they are paid to do by the taxpayers, why did they refuse to do their job? The police in this case are more responsible for the criminal’s deaths than Mr. Walton, why didn’t Rebecca Aguilar of Fox 4 News investigate that?

But I guess Rebecca Aguilar figured it would be a lot easier to bully 70 year old Mr. Walton, the true victim in this case, than to go after the non-responsive police department. Liberals never do the right thing unless the “right thing” is the easy path and that is seldom true. This woman needs to be fired, she has proven herself to be nothing but a bully and an ignoramus with no desire to investigate the REAL story. The REAL story, that would have been in the public interest, was why didn’t the police do their job? Aguilar also decided not to do her job, rather than pursuing the real story in the public interest, being the opportunist that she is, Aguilar chose to harass the victim.

This stupid woman Aguilar reminds me of CNN’s Nancy Grace who drove a young mother Melinda Duckett to commit suicide after an attack interview where Grace implied Duckett was responsible for the disappearance of her young son. These people are not journalist… they’re despicable vultures.

Maxx on October 19, 2007 at 4:20 PM

Maxx 4:20PM – absolutely so correct, you’ve no idea unless you live in the DFW Metroplex. The only thing most channels are good for are weather reports, weather alerts, favorite restaurant recipies, and who died that some would consider important. Everything else is canned or redacted from what someone else actually reported.

24K lady on October 19, 2007 at 9:12 PM

Mr. O’Reilly… are you watching this? Geraldo has passed his prime.

Zorro on October 19, 2007 at 10:49 PM

This skank looked like she just wanted to reach in and slap this poor man.

Nobody got your story wrong bimbo, it’s on video for all to see.

He wasn’t sharing his tears with you at all. You could tell he was incredibly shook up from it, and made more so by this dizzy broad.

91Veteran on October 20, 2007 at 1:31 AM

SUSPENDED ? ? ? The stupid b ____ should have been fired.

oldelpasoan on October 20, 2007 at 11:42 AM

LOL Is that a bike chain I hear backpedalling?

Black Adam on October 20, 2007 at 1:21 PM

I can’t find the video anywhere now? :(

abinitioadinfinitum on October 19, 2007 at 2:34 PM

I know you really don’t wonder. :) Girladoh would have no problem with an illegal burglarizing someone’s home. Heck he likes them burglarizing our entire nation!

wytammic on October 20, 2007 at 1:41 PM