Couple force burglar to clean up after himself

posted at 9:30 am on October 19, 2007 by Bryan

Heh.

A burglar in Montgomery chose the wrong family to mess with, literally. Adrian and Tiffany McKinnon returned home on Tuesday after a week away to find that thieves had emptied almost everything the family of five owned, Tiffany McKinnon said through tears.

“Tears just rolled down my face as I walked in and saw everything gone and piles of trash all over my home,” she said.

Adrian McKinnon sent his wife to see her sister while he inspected the piles left behind. As he walked back into the sunroom, a man walked through the back door straight into him, Tiffany McKinnon told the Montgomery Advertiser in a story Thursday.

“My husband Adrian caught the thief red-handed in our home,” she said. “And what is even crazier, the man even had my husband’s hat sitting right on his head.”

Adrian McKinnon held the suspect, 33-year-old Tajuan Bullock, at gunpoint and told him to sit on the floor until he decided what to do.

“We made this man clean up all the mess he made, piles of stuff, he had thrown out of my drawers and cabinets onto the floor,” Tiffany McKinnon said.

When she caught up with the couple to interview them later, KDFW TV’s Rebecca Aguilar asked them “Are you a bunch of neat freaks? Are you laundry-happy people?”

Comments

That’s pretty much what my wife has to do to get me to pick up after myself.

Slublog on October 19, 2007 at 9:34 AM

Is that picture of Sandy Berger?

Darksean on October 19, 2007 at 9:36 AM

My wife packs a mean Ruger .357. We’d be stuck cleaning the burglar off the walls.

saint kansas on October 19, 2007 at 9:38 AM

I swear only the craziest news comes from my neck of the woods. Last night the Chavez sign and now the house cleaning burglar. Like the police spokesman said lucky he didn’t get shot.

Dittohead on October 19, 2007 at 10:01 AM

“OK, now that you’re done cleaning up the mess you made before, spread out this plastic sheet over the carpet to help clean up the mess you’re going to make.”

James on October 19, 2007 at 10:05 AM

Once again, citizens armed held the thief at gunpoint…and if he did not have a gun?

right2bright on October 19, 2007 at 10:08 AM

Thanks….started my Friday morning with a good laugh. :)

EEprom on October 19, 2007 at 10:09 AM

If this happened in New York or California, the husband and wife would be arrested for kidnapping.

LarryinVA on October 19, 2007 at 10:14 AM

Attention Criminals:
Don’t rob people in Alabama!
The “right to bear arms” is alive and well here!

woodman on October 19, 2007 at 10:15 AM

Mom used to use the same technique to get me to floss. Very effective.

Loved the jab at Aguilar, Bryan.

mugged on October 19, 2007 at 10:20 AM

That Aguilar joke is going to get some good mileage.

BadgerHawk on October 19, 2007 at 10:24 AM

Chortle. Good one.

Captain Scarlet on October 19, 2007 at 10:33 AM

When my wife and I were in college, before we were married we met as Resident Assistants in the dorms. I was always in the wrong place at the wrong time–and would be forced to do drug searches in rooms with my boss. I hated it. Anywho, 100% of the time the rooms were absolutely trashed. We would have to go through every nook and cranny of the room and we always found contraband. We only did this a few times a year, when students were stupid enough to get caught smoking weed in their rooms. Well, after we searched the room, we straightened it. We left the scene of the crime absoutely spotless. Clothes folded, CDs back in their jackets, laundry put away, beds made. Martha Stewart would have been proud.

One year, we did a search and the student was kicked off campus. Later that year he was a waiter serving the Resident Assistants at our annual dinner on campus! OUCH!

robblefarian on October 19, 2007 at 10:36 AM

Bryan, I knew you would like this story.

Zorro on October 19, 2007 at 10:50 AM

And as a follow-up, what caliber did ya use!

highhopes on October 19, 2007 at 12:07 PM

ROFL on the Rebecca Aguilar reference!

GoodBoy on October 19, 2007 at 12:09 PM

That’s funny.

However, I can’t help wondering if yahoo judge or lawyer will claims the rights of the criminal were violated.

Call me optimistic.

Kini on October 19, 2007 at 12:31 PM

Heh.

Jaibones on October 19, 2007 at 12:32 PM

You had me do a double take on this comment, cool, HaHaHa

abinitioadinfinitum on October 19, 2007 at 1:49 PM

The finish to the story is even funnier:

“This man had the nerve to raise sand about us making him clean up the mess he made in my house,” she said. “The police officer laughed at him when he complained and said anybody else would have shot him dead.”

Sultry Beauty on October 19, 2007 at 5:12 PM