Another Hsu drops: Hillary earmarked big chunk of cash for the New School

posted at 3:32 pm on October 19, 2007 by Bryan

Hey Hillary, what’s that big mark on your ear? It looks like $950,000 for a school that your favorite fundraiser just happens to have been a board member of.

And in the case of the New School in Greenwich Village, it turned out to have some national resonance: Norman Hsu, a major Democratic donor active in Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton’s presidential campaign and a New School trustee, was found to be a fugitive who had skipped out after a felony theft conviction in California 15 years ago.

Here’s the bill, S.1710. It’s the Labor/HHS/Education spending bill that’s being debated in the Senate right now. Do a search on “Clinton” a whole bunch of times (she has quite a few line items in this bill, $500k here, $250k there, $1.5 million over there) and you’ll eventually land at this earmark.

image002.gif

That’s $950k for the New School’s Institute for Urban Education, sponsored by Hillary and Sen. Chuck Schumer. Did Hsu’s many and varied bundles of campaign cash joy have any influence on making that generous earmark happen? Beats me. There sure is the appearance of a connection, though.

I’m reminded of this fun quote of her husband’s from a 1997 press conference.

I don’t believe you can find any evidence of the fact that I have changed government policy solely because of a contribution.

“…any evidence of the fact that I have changed government policy solely because of a contribution…”

Yup. That’s how the Clintons roll, isn’t it.

Comments

Corrupt Democrats are going to nominate corrupt Hillary (and the Clinton Crime Family) to be their candidate for President.

Another reason that the RICO statutes should be enforced against the Democratic Party; it should be forcibly disbanded, its assets confiscated, and the DNC HQ imploded and replace with a hot dog stand.

georgej on October 19, 2007 at 3:36 PM

Great,
Could someone give me any hope that this might actually hurt her? Seems the dems get away with everything. Makes me sick.

redshirt on October 19, 2007 at 3:40 PM

It depends on what your definition of “evidence” is… or “fact”… or “is”… whatever. God help us, please!

Nice photoshop too!

lan astaslem on October 19, 2007 at 3:44 PM

She wears a teflon pantsuit, nothing is gonna stick to her.

Bad Candy on October 19, 2007 at 3:45 PM

Looks like AP’s NUKE is on.

Nuke em Danno

conservnut on October 19, 2007 at 3:59 PM

The photoshop gave me a chuckle also.

INC on October 19, 2007 at 4:00 PM

Wow, I don’t think Hillary was really prepared to have such smart, hardworking people digging into this stuff. Now we just need the MSM to start asking her about this in public press conferences. We need them to be persistant and not let her off the hook… We need them to dig and get to the bottom of this and share the story with the American people… ahh who am I kidding… sigh.

Zetterson on October 19, 2007 at 4:02 PM

She wears a teflon pantsuit, nothing is gonna stick to her.

Bad Candy on October 19, 2007 at 3:45 PM

This is also my fear and it looks like that fear is being realized.

doriangrey on October 19, 2007 at 4:03 PM

Bryan I posted a comment about this I believe both here and at the MM site during threads on the Woodstock earmark.

It is not just Hsu, I will have to consult my research , but the are 6 or more people on boards or trustee positions at the New School and one is a Dean who are also listed as HillRaisers. In fact one of them revealed the linkage back to the Lillian Vernon company for another whole string of donations to Hillary.

When you have Multiple HillRaiser bundlers all in one school that raises eyebrows.

CommentGuy on October 19, 2007 at 4:04 PM

CommentGuy on October 19, 2007 at 4:04 PM

Sorry dude, but when the courts refuse to watch video evidence of Hillary committing felony campaign election fraud, nothing is going to happen. She truly is the Anti-Christ and completely untouchable.

doriangrey on October 19, 2007 at 4:06 PM

The Cackle is the clue.

pat on October 19, 2007 at 4:11 PM

There could be a veritable monsoon of Hsus raining down, and none of it would touch Hillary.

Keep pointing the Hsus out, though, Bryan. It’s good to get them out there, even if the Teflon Queen is immune.

aero on October 19, 2007 at 4:11 PM

As of Fall 2006, The New School had a total enrollment of 9123. So about $104 per student?

Nice.

Slublog on October 19, 2007 at 4:20 PM

“Monument to Me” meet the “Monument to My Contributor”.

There’s children involved in this earmark folks. Please return to your previous viewing. Permanent moral authority card to be played in 5…4…3…

gabriel sutherland on October 19, 2007 at 4:20 PM

That’s $950k for the New School’s Institute for Urban Education

But…it’s for the children, don’t ya know.

CP on October 19, 2007 at 4:29 PM

Dean of Milano School

Fred Hochberg this guy is a HillBlazer that is above a HillRaiser they promise 1 million min donations son of founder of Lillian Vernon

Trustees or Boards of the various sub schools

Leo J Hindery

Cheryl Cohen Effron wife of Blair Effron a HillRaiser

George Haywood tied to Blair Effron via Foundation for the National Archive (Bergers take out place for hot documents)

John L Tishmen

Richard L Kauffman tied to also Alvin Ailey Dance School a source of Hsu donors

Maggie Williams also runs HillPac past president of Fenton Communications (left side media relations firm for every group on the face of the earth you can think of) Chief of staff for Hillary Clinton , Married to Ronald K Noble now head of InterPol and was head of Customs, the Secret Service, BATF, Federal Law Enforcement Center, Financial Crimes Enforcement Network and Office of Foreign Assets Control (handy if you have questionable foreign contributions and that little other thing called Waco.)

Beth Rudin DeWoody

John A Catsimatidis also HillRaiser

Jay T Snyder also HillRaiser

Sally Sussman also HillRaiser

Bernard L Schwartz also HillRaiser (also ex CEO Loral Corporation –think China Missles)

William D Zabel who has his ties via Princeton alumni fundraising to Joel Rosenman Woodstock Promoter and Hsu Victim.

Many of these are also cross linked through The Clinton Foundation and common boards of various other organizations and companies many linked directly to other Clinton issues.

CommentGuy on October 19, 2007 at 4:34 PM

So you have links to Waco, Chinese Missile Tech transfers,people controlling the agencies investigating people with funny money from China, plus cross links to a web of Clinton causes , foundations, presidential libraries and such.

And all in one school that gets Clinton earmarks.

Also controlling info on international bank transfers and even more cross links to stuff related to the hedge fund Bill Clinton consults for with Ron Burkle (major Clinton money man) and also the hedge fund Chelsea works for.

Nothing to see here move along.

CommentGuy on October 19, 2007 at 4:44 PM

Many of these trustees are also directly link to various ethnic/country group organizations that have been a focus of Clinton fundraising efforts from the communities involved including the Chinatown groups from the La Times story today you posted on.

CommentGuy on October 19, 2007 at 4:48 PM

CommentGuy: In a casual search, the New School professors, visiting lecturers, and World Policy Institute scholars produce an array of Open Society Foundation links.

I guess even Leo Strauss was a New School fan, but this is back when it was the “University in Exile” for academics fleeing European totalitarian regimes.

gabriel sutherland on October 19, 2007 at 4:49 PM

Bryan, here’s to hoping that HotAir continues coverage of this filthy corrupt witch, despite the fact that no one seems to care enough to comment.

Speaking for myself, even though it doesn’t inspire much commentary, I still enjoy and value the coverage. She’s worse than even her critics know.

Jaibones on October 19, 2007 at 4:49 PM

Several of the New School trustees also have official duties in the Hillary Clinton for President Campaign.

CommentGuy on October 19, 2007 at 4:50 PM

Gabriel

Right now Flip is working the money trail via the FEC records mostly.

I am doing the data mining on all the people involved in the links between the players. I am building online a social network diagram that ties together all the network of how this fits together.

Some have common cross links of those involved being parts of as many as 4 to 6 common companies or boards etc

Everything leads eventually back to the Clinton campaign

There are so many ex Clinton administration people tied into this and you look at where they are now and you can see a lot of them were placed in control points within the government structure (a potential source of leaks or agenda enforcement).

If you could see the diagram I have built it shows a total web of cross linkages that would shock you.

CommentGuy on October 19, 2007 at 4:57 PM

This is unreal stuff. Anybody? Can anybody imagine what would be happening right now if this was a Republican??

Zetterson on October 19, 2007 at 5:00 PM

Jaibones on October 19, 2007 at 4:49 PM

I hope the apparent lack of comments here is due to speechless readers staring at their computer screens with their jaws dropped wide open. This is amazing research.

Zetterson on October 19, 2007 at 5:03 PM

OK…now I’m beginning to catch a whiff of something in the air…

Keep up the good work folks…she may yet prove to be less teflon-endowed than she thinks…

Ochlan on October 19, 2007 at 5:06 PM

Still working ties on a couple of other earmarks to other parts of the New School and even more for other Clinton money people over at NYU and even the University of Oklahoma and that ones has ties to a person convicted in the UN Oil for Food Program.

CommentGuy on October 19, 2007 at 5:08 PM

Don’t have full confirmation on the linkage yet but some shakey linkage for Howard Wolfson the voice of the Clinton campaign an all things Hsu may be one of the investors at Source Financial Investors the company ran by Joel Rosenman who go stung by Hsu.

CommentGuy on October 19, 2007 at 5:12 PM

She seems to get away with pretty much anything, so I’m skeptical about this hurting her. But I’m holding out hope that as the general election draws closer and the whole country is paying attention some well produced TV ads will switch some votes.

BadgerHawk on October 19, 2007 at 5:14 PM

Remember the New School is the top of the school itself and there are 6 or 7 other schools that are part of the same group of schools. Most of the Clinton / Hsu issue are in only a couple of the schools making up this group making the high concentration very close. Five on the board for the same one Hsu was a trustee on for example.

CommentGuy on October 19, 2007 at 5:15 PM

For more interest some of these people tie back to law firms that defended multiple members of the past Clinton administration for all their issues that surfaced over the years they were in office.

CommentGuy on October 19, 2007 at 5:25 PM

With the Clintons, it is always “Tit for tat.” Ask BillyJeff. He knows. Although his definition may be a little different.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on October 19, 2007 at 5:27 PM

Various left wing sites have picked up on the Woodstock earmark issue and trying to cast it as another Frost smear swiftboat thingy but they carefully leave out any of the web of connections surrounding the issue, all they basically say an earmark is being attack without any context surrounding it at all.

Simple cherry picking what little they want to tell.

CommentGuy on October 19, 2007 at 5:29 PM

It’s exasperating watching how many scandals just glide right under the radar. The MSM are truly traitors, holding the water for a conspiracy by China to buy the office of the President.

NTWR on October 19, 2007 at 5:41 PM

A couple of ballsy reporters, who are single and don’t really have any close relatives, could really make names for themselves if they keep on digging.

reaganaut on October 19, 2007 at 6:02 PM

Firedog lake has been jumping the shark ever since the failure of the ship bill even more than usual today they are smearing the Gathering of Eagles

And then, on a national level, we have two notable recent incidents: 1) the insane and amoral feeding frenzy started by the right-wing bigotsphere (aided and abetted, if not actually directed, by such leading GOP lights as Mitch McConnell) against the Frost family; and 2) the media’s looking the other way when Republican Attorney General nominee Michael Mukasey compared U.S. officials to Nazis, or when Rep. Eric Cantor (R-Va.) accused Democratic lawmakers of treason, yet throwing themselves into near-orgasmic transports each time a Republican smear merchant rings their Pavlovian smear-dinner-bell.

And we also have the Gathering of Eagles crew, egged on by such conservative moral forces as Michelle Malkin and Melanie Morgan, committing thuggery in DC one day and meeting with Bush the next. As Spocko says, what happens the day after they spill blood?

And why oh why, as Bob Somerby notes on the Frosts as he has noted several times on several other issues over several years: Why are our leading mainstream media pundits looking the other way when righties do this sort of thing, yet are oh-so-eager to pounce on lefties for any reason or none?

Why are the righties getting a free ride on all of this? (And as Digby observes, the righties’ insanity has only got worse, rather than better, of late, so it’s not as if the press’ giving them a free ride has made them calm down at all.)

Can anyone think of a plausible explanation that doesn’t involve being bought off or scared off? I sure can’t.

Pure over compression from the tin foil getting way to tight

CommentGuy on October 19, 2007 at 7:57 PM

Bwahahahahahaha!

reaganaut on October 19, 2007 at 8:09 PM

Zetterson on October 19, 2007 at 5:03 PM

If you are talking about the research I and Flip are doing as parallel paths, I only touched on a vary narrow small portion of what I have managed to put together and still have lots to organize yet and a number of people on my todo list that I haven’t even fed into my data mining software.

I am even getting ready to free up two or three servers just to run a program I just got to build an automated version of my hand coded social network diagram I have been working from.

Right now I have one rack full of blade servers running the data mining software along with a mix of other support software that leverages the search engines to gather the data.

Now we are talking 6 crates in the rack with 20 quad processor dual core processor boards per crate. Plus I have them networked to 4 network attached storage processor systems with each unit supporting 24 750meg hard drives to store the data being pulled in.

I am now letting them build the social network diagrams, the process flow diagrams, the time charts and other assorted data presentation products.

Also it is constructing in the process an internal wiki from all the data gathered and doing a full name base analysis for historic replication.

This is no small effort being put forth.

CommentGuy on October 19, 2007 at 8:15 PM

All this amazing research is beginning to make my skin crawl – as in “Invasion of the Body Snatchers.”
(The original one – with those great pods.)

DON’T FALL ASLEEP!!

Bryan, CommentGuy, and Flip – keep up the great work!

fred5678 on October 19, 2007 at 8:48 PM

Sounds like the underground at Ft. Meade and Able Danger.

Your efforts are much appreciated!

fred5678 on October 19, 2007 at 8:58 PM

CommentGuy on October 19, 2007 at 8:15 PM

At the risk of sounding ridiculously trite, wow.

Bryan on October 19, 2007 at 9:09 PM

Bryan

You would not want to know all the hardware I have at my disposal if I wish to turn it loose.

That is only a small percentage of what I maintain here and its just the software test setup I have in my hardware evaluation/software evaluation shop.

The big iron and production servers are in another 450,000 sq ft computer facility I have.

Slight edit to my hardware description earlier they are 750 gig drives not meg as I typed earlier.

CommentGuy on October 19, 2007 at 10:23 PM

Has anyone looked at past years, to see if the NY senators routinely insert earmarks into appropriations bills for this particular prestigious school which falls within their representative realm?

I’m guessing probably so. In other words, does it look bad? Sure. Is there a quid pro quo? Without further evidence I wouldn’t bet on it.

DaveS on October 19, 2007 at 11:16 PM