Video: “Know Thine Enemy”

posted at 9:52 am on October 18, 2007 by Allahpundit

Via Kesher Talk, here’s a promo for the film “Meeting Resistance” — duly plugged by hyperpartisan left-wing robot Sid Blumenthal on its website — masquerading as a “video op-ed” at the New York Times. The Times, smartly, has chosen to title it “Know Thine Enemy” to reassure viewers where they stand vis-a-vis the insurgency. But let’s take them up on their offer: watch the clip and see if you know anything after seven minutes that you didn’t know before. Iraqi nationalists want to expel Americans from their soil? You don’t say.

Actually, there is something I didn’t know. I didn’t know that Sunnis and Shiites lived in a magical realm of peace and friendship, dancing happily together in the streets of Iraq, before the foul stench of America descended upon the land. Remember last year when “civil war” became a Democratic talking point and people like Murtha assured us we were stuck in the middle of an ancient, intractable, and practically inevitable intrafaith conflict? All lies, apparently. Judging from this, the Sunni/Shiite tensions date to approximately April 2003. So I take it back: there is new information here.

No mention whatsoever of any change in Anbar province either, of course. Click the image to watch.

kte.jpg

Comments

Ali was murdered by an American when he stepped down as Caliph. We just blamed it on a Shia man.

JasonG on October 18, 2007 at 10:17 AM

Thine enemy is the New York Times.

kcluva on October 18, 2007 at 10:20 AM

The Times, smartly, has chosen to title it “Know Thine Enemy”

Ironic isn’t it?

Promotion of a documentary on the Iraqi Resistance, being offered by the standard-bearer of the American Resistance.

We know our enemies, they are traitors posing as journalists at the NYTimes.

fogw on October 18, 2007 at 10:23 AM

Toward the end, there was a flash of text that said 100% of Iraqi’s interviewed don’t believe that attacks against civilians are justified (for some reason, it was really quick and I had to pause the video to read it.) From this we can reach one of two conslusions; A. That there are no attacks on civilians B. Someone is lying.

Verbal Abuse on October 18, 2007 at 10:25 AM

Idiots. If they’d stop wreaking havoc in the streets of Iraq, we could leave sooner. If they’d spend their supposedly well-educated energy and patriotism on setting up a stable government in Iraq instead of trying to kill coalition forces, we could leave sooner.

aero on October 18, 2007 at 10:27 AM

Speechless absolutely Speechless.

mjkazee on October 18, 2007 at 10:30 AM

“Suppose Iraq invaded America”

…Then Iraq would be a smoking hole in the ground within 48 hours. Even the Democrats would see a reason to actually use full force if we were physically invaded to the point of foreign tanks rolling through our streets.

But, just for grins, how ’bout we consider the argument in the absence of the US’s ability to render Iraq a smoking hole in the ground. Let’s say the US were ruled by a genocidal dictator (I know, the Dems think we already are). Iraq feels threatened by the crazy dictator and, after many many many warnings, comes in and removes said dictator from power and then keeps its forces in place while urging us strongly to set up a democracy as quickly as possible. (A democracy, so we can rule ourselves.) Their troops rebuild schools and electrical grids while fighting off people who want to kill us and destabilize us further. Yes, we’d be resentful as hell of tanks and armed foreigners in our streets. But I’d really like to think that most Americans would realize at that point that the faster we get a stable government set up and stop trying to kill each other, the faster the “invaders” will leave. What am I missing?

aero on October 18, 2007 at 10:36 AM

Wow. Is this video supposed to make me want to kill American troops? I think that was the purpose. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Jimmy the Dhimmi on October 18, 2007 at 10:48 AM

“Suppose Iraq Invaded America” Well if America was ruled by a brutal tyrant who had gassed my family and bulldozed them into pits while building palaces for his family using humanitarian aid meant for me, I would welcome the Iraqis with flowers.

BohicaTwentyTwo on October 18, 2007 at 10:54 AM

We don’t have to tolerate this.

mymanpotsandpans on October 18, 2007 at 11:06 AM

What are you missing? ISLAM.

mojowire on October 18, 2007 at 11:09 AM

Jimmy the Dhimmi on October 18, 2007 at 10:48 AM

You’re not wrong. This film is treasonous.

Connie on October 18, 2007 at 11:21 AM

Y’know, Germany and Japan had to deal with decades of Allied occupation/military presence after WWII as they stabilized, built democracies, and proved that they were no longer a threat to the rest of us. The result of their acceptance of said occupation? Japan and Germany are now stable democracies and economic powerhouses that are flourishing on the world stage. It pays to let the US finish its job. But these “insurgents” seem to be oblivious to those particular lessons of history.

aero on October 18, 2007 at 11:47 AM

All the Treason thats fit to print.

Viper1 on October 18, 2007 at 12:31 PM

This film is just enemy propaganda put out by the enemy from with in. It is a shame that real America has to fight not only the enemy who declared war on us but also ignorance and people who just refuse to acknowledge truth and who are after only political gain or are just driven by the hatred of our President. When reality awakens them, it will be too late.

abinitioadinfinitum on October 18, 2007 at 12:34 PM

BohicaTwentyTwo on October 18, 2007 at 10:54 AM

Hmmm, somehow I doubt that the American people would ever allow that to happen. The Iraqi’s would never have had to come here because we would have taken care of the problem ourselves long before anyone else could have made up their mind to do anything.

doriangrey on October 18, 2007 at 12:42 PM

So….basically, they just met some insurgents, asked them what they’d like to say in a film, and duly published it. Great.

Seriously, this is Indymedia-level propaganda with a better budget.

Hannibal Smith on October 18, 2007 at 12:46 PM

It’s sad that some Americans could hate their country so much as to produce this. And their best counterpoint is that they love America, they just hate Bush and the ‘occupation’. But that counterpoint is weak beyond belief.

If I told my girlfriend that I loved her but I just hated her hair and her figure and her interests and her values, and that all she would have to do is make some major changes to who she is and things would be great, I wouldn’t really love her. That’s what the people who produce stuff like this do. They tell people they love America, they just hate what it stands for and what it does. Which really means they hate America, but lack the balls to say it out loud.

There really is no good excuse for what the Times does.

BadgerHawk on October 18, 2007 at 12:50 PM

aero on October 18, 2007 at 10:36 AM

Better articulated than I ever could.

I love suppose questions, especially when you start using Red Eye-like ghey innuendo to hit back.

TheEJS on October 18, 2007 at 2:09 PM

Well, if the average insurgent is your basic “Joe Baghdad” Iraqi, then let’s take off the kidd gloves and start shooting them wholesale. At least we no longer have to sort them out. Insurgents, whomever they are, are the enemy. Kill them all.

thejackal on October 18, 2007 at 3:15 PM

aero on October 18, 2007 at 10:36 AM

Correction: Maybe some democrats would. Most of them would want us to surrender.

SIJ6141 on October 18, 2007 at 5:18 PM

See, if we leave it will be all sunshine and lollipops.

oakpack on October 19, 2007 at 7:21 AM