Video: Tony Snow vs. Jon Stewart

posted at 10:51 am on October 16, 2007 by Allahpundit

The Snowman looks healthy and fit, which is reason enough to post. A surprisingly cordial chat, and the bit with the press secretaries’ attractiveness as inversely proportional to Bush’s approval rating is irresistible. Stewart’s fanboys at HuffPo must be sore at him this morning for missing a golden opportunity to wish TS an excruciating death from cancer to his face.

Exit question: What is Tony Snow like when he’s in a bad mood? Has that ever happened?

Comments

School firewall…..
Can’t do anything educational anymore on HotAir

aclark on October 16, 2007 at 10:53 AM

of course Jon wasn’t going to let Tony finish his points… he just had to make cracks to prevent him for being informative to the obvious idiots in the audience…. even if he did say funny things, I wish he would have let Tony finish a point or two

j_ehman on October 16, 2007 at 11:09 AM

The audience seemed a bit tepid with the applause at first, no? Then it seemed they either felt guilty, or there was a guy off-camera flailing his arms for a cheer…

Tony Snow, as alway, handled himself with total class.

Exit Question: I can’t recall any Press Secretary who I could picture in a “bad mood”…I guess that’s one of the main qualifications for the job, considering with whom they have to deal with on a daily basis.

JetBoy on October 16, 2007 at 11:09 AM

you turned it around on me…yousonofab****!!
perfect.

ColdBore76 on October 16, 2007 at 11:10 AM

Arghhhh…damn this streaming video block at work! Can my job leave me no saitsfaction!!! Half of these posts are off limits for me.

StoutRepublican on October 16, 2007 at 11:11 AM

The one thing I took from this was Tony was courteous enough to listen to who ever that interviewer is but not the other way around. The interviewer never let Tony complete his answer. If these shows can not allocate enough time for a honest debate then ask less questions but both sides deserve the respect to be hear in completion, not interrupted.

Wade on October 16, 2007 at 11:17 AM

Snow did an excellent job. Stewart kept on repeating the same thing, “President Bush is the opposite of what he says he is.”
However, he never gave a good example of how this is so.

terryannonline on October 16, 2007 at 11:21 AM

that was a good interview. I don’t agree with everything Stewart says, but I do think he’s a reasonable person. I like his show. He does a good interview. Good to see Tony Snow looking good though.

ThackerAgency on October 16, 2007 at 11:22 AM

If you want to see Mr. Snow in a bad mood you can check out the audio of him on Laura Ingraham’s show where she shredded him over illegal immigrant amnesty. It was Snow’s all time worst performance.

GogglesPisano on October 16, 2007 at 11:22 AM

Got to love the snowman. Jon Stewart: The democrat congress seems to me to be a bunch of giant pu$$ies…What a smack down…….

doriangrey on October 16, 2007 at 11:31 AM

Not really a direct answer, but if Tony Snow were a dog, he’d definitely be an Irish Setter.

thirteen28 on October 16, 2007 at 11:33 AM

Stewart’s technique is right out of the communist/democrat playbook, he just keeps saying wrong and deceitful things and then not allow an answer by talking over and drowning out the sensible refutation. He just keeps “Moving On”

TheSitRep on October 16, 2007 at 11:34 AM

Snow must have a ton of good friends. He’s a gem.

T J Green on October 16, 2007 at 11:35 AM

He’s indefatigable. Stewart — a complete and total douchebag, in my view — spent the entire interview dishonestly attempting to manipulate the dialogue and the audience to score cheap points in an adversarial manner.

Snow, to my amazement, goes on the show in the first place, and then maintains this very friendly disagreement throughout the barrage of bullspit from Stewart to put the truth before his retarded fans, probably for the first time in their very young lives. I guess someone has to do it…

Jaibones on October 16, 2007 at 11:41 AM

Stewart was projecting again, describing perfectly what Liberals are, but projecting onto bush…

jp on October 16, 2007 at 11:47 AM

I was having breakfast in New Jersey, when some guy sporting a “Jon Stewart for President” t-shirt walks in. Later the same day, I am driving through Connecticut, and a car I’m passing has a banner in the rear window that says, “GOP humping 9/11 since 9/12″.

The next few weekends, I am staying home and calming down.

Hening on October 16, 2007 at 11:49 AM

He’s a Christianist, man, that never happens! Heh.

PRCalDude on October 16, 2007 at 11:57 AM

The White House lost one of its greatest assets when Tony left.

Glad to see Stewart is at least cordial, if not totally hypocritical given his habit of refusing to allow Tony to make points, especially after his condescension on Crossfire.

MadisonConservative on October 16, 2007 at 12:01 PM

Stewart has a bit of Alan Colmes in him or maybe it’s
just a built-in lib habit of asking a question and
interupting any answer after the first three words.

But all and all it was a darn good clip.
Thanks AP

Texyank on October 16, 2007 at 12:08 PM

I can’t believe that Stewart took Tony to task because Bush hasn’t appointed Democrats to positions of authority in his administration! Stewart also seems shocked that the administration has (gasp!) political appointees!

Having an audience that acts like a pre-programmed laugh track doesn’t hurt, either.

morganfrost on October 16, 2007 at 12:09 PM

Watched the video. I still say Tony was the best thing to ever happen to the Bush administration. The guy is a regular Tony Blair.

PRCalDude on October 16, 2007 at 12:11 PM

morganfrost on October 16, 2007 at 12:09 PM

Wasn’t George Tenet a Clinton leftover. I can’t remember
the names but wasn’t there many leftovers bush kept from
the Clinton years. So why add any more Dems.. . .

Texyank on October 16, 2007 at 12:13 PM

Jon Stewart is a buffoon. He asked Tony Snow questions and then answered them himself or jumped in with a joke to stop the impact of Snow’s unfinished responses. Was Stewart too afraid to allow his audience to digest the truthful answers put forth by Tony Snow? It was “fun” for Stewart because he did all the talking and all the answering. This is the leftist way.

sinsing on October 16, 2007 at 12:28 PM

Too bad Snow isn’t running for President.

GT on October 16, 2007 at 12:47 PM

When one is a truly nice person, people respond to that. Even liberals.

Rightwingsparkle on October 16, 2007 at 12:58 PM

Stewart has a bit of Alan Colmes in him or maybe it’s just a built-in lib habit of asking a question and interupting any answer after the first three words.
Texyank on October 16, 2007 at 12:08 PM

The bumper sticker philosophical principle says “Question Authority.” Doesn’t say you have to listen to the answer.

JackOfClubs on October 16, 2007 at 1:17 PM

Too bad Snow isn’t running for President.

GT on October 16, 2007 at 12:47 PM

Isnt that the truth!!

Viper1 on October 16, 2007 at 1:29 PM

If I’d been Stewart, I’d have asked, “Tony, did you ever get the urge when Helen Thomas asked a question to say to her, ‘Hey Helen, pull my finger!’”

radjah shelduck on October 16, 2007 at 1:55 PM

Tony Snow is the man. Pardon me, Allah, but please God help this man and his family get through this disease in one piece. I hope we get to see Tony doing something on TV real soon. He is fun to watch.

d1carter on October 16, 2007 at 3:20 PM

Tony’s a real gentleman. I often wonder why people of class like Tony and Mrs. Lynn Chaney go on shows like Jon Stewart, they know up front he’ll do all he can to be little them to the left wing whack ‘o crowd of his.
Still trying to understand Jon Stewart and his show…he often has important people on his program…he asks questions and as others have pointed out, then he goes into his Alan Colmes impression and talks and yaks and never lets his guest reply with any substance…and the crowd laughs? I’m old and confused.

oldernslower on October 16, 2007 at 3:46 PM

Stewart whines about how Bush (not the Democrats) is the partisan throughout most of the interview, yet doesn’t even realize that he admits just how insanely partisan the Dems are at the end when he raises the “non-binding resolutin”, which was nothing more than a gigantic partisan political move. What an f-ing moron. Oh yeah, “he’s just a comedian” (who is the sole source of news for millions of worthless college kids).

RightWinged on October 16, 2007 at 6:43 PM

I thought Stewart was well informed but I find he only acknowledges the left wing spin. I am amazed at how devoid of facts Stewart actually is.

LifeTrek on October 16, 2007 at 7:36 PM

Great post Allah.
Standing “O” for Tony Snow! Well done.

Zorro on October 16, 2007 at 8:06 PM

I worked with a couple “I get my news from the Daily Show” types recently.

They epitomize the statement “Everything you know is wrong.”

Merovign on October 16, 2007 at 8:28 PM

Stewart just got spanked, over and over again by the Snowman. It was truly glorious.

BKennedy on October 16, 2007 at 9:18 PM