Video: Gen. Peter Pace visits the Vietnam War Memorial

posted at 5:27 pm on October 15, 2007 by Bryan

Gen. Pace served as a 2ndLt in Vietnam beginning in 1968. He ended his term as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff this month, and during his final speech he mentioned several of the men who served under him and were killed in Vietnam.

CNN follows up on those men, and the General’s last visit to the Wall as the Chairman.

Comments

Honor, Integrity and Fidelity – characteristics missing from the American ethos except for the few.

jcrue on October 15, 2007 at 5:32 PM

It’s a shame that people who have very little concept of what honor is were able to push this good man out in the middle of a war.

Drew on October 15, 2007 at 5:32 PM

You haven’t heard the last of Peter Pace, General and Marine! Semper Fi, Sir!

MNDavenotPC on October 15, 2007 at 5:37 PM

The way the Democrats and their leftist allies treated this man of honor says volumes about the state of this nation. God save the Republic.

rplat on October 15, 2007 at 5:53 PM

General Peter Pace … thank you for your exemplary service to your country. I hope there are more men like you and your brave comrades that died in service willing to step to the forefront and rescue this nation from the evil bent on destroying her.

darwin on October 15, 2007 at 5:58 PM

Its such bullcrap..no matter what progress we make in this war, they refuse to credit our military and insist either we are losing or we already lost, depends which faction of socialist libs you are hearing.

malkinmania on October 15, 2007 at 6:02 PM

Barbara Star and her producers at CNN should be beaten with a shovel for the way delivered this story.

I hate meat puppets!

Durwood on October 15, 2007 at 6:11 PM

Those cards were some powerful stuff.
40 years of service is no small thing.

BadgerHawk on October 15, 2007 at 6:27 PM

WTF was Barbara Star’s problem? Why was it necessary to punctuate the end of Gen. Pace’s military career with “because of the war in Iraq?” I just wanted to punch that smarmy beyotch through my monitor. F-OFF you tool. You couldn’t shine Gen. Pace’s boots, much less lick them.

Durwood, I concur with you… you take the shovel, I got the pick-axe. And just to be sure, since I’m from Atlanta, I mot my here enoculations, ya hear?

MsUnderestimated on October 15, 2007 at 6:30 PM

Oops! mot = got

MsUnderestimated on October 15, 2007 at 6:30 PM

Thank God Almighty that our country has men like Peter Pace.

May God Bless you and your family General Pace. And thank you for your service. jab

Bryan, Ret. General Pace would make a great subject for a live Vent! I would love to hear and see an in depth interview of this natural born leader.

Zorro on October 15, 2007 at 6:31 PM

Gen. Peter Pace for President! I love this man for all his accomplishments and for what he stands and how he speaks. The country really needs someone like him at this time. Midgets got rid of him, from both sides of the isle. They don’t even deserve to dust his houseshoes.

Despite forcing his retirement, Gates called Pace one of the “last of a dwindling breed of officers” whose “extraordinary service” spanned Vietnam to the “false tranquility” of the post-Cold War to the counter-terrorism effort today. Gates said he was pleased that in the 10 months he had been defense secretary, Pace had been by his side during hearings…

What a crock of crap Washington is, altogether.

Entelechy on October 15, 2007 at 6:40 PM

I agree, delivered with Bias…

Salute, General Pace… you are a man among men.

Kaptain Amerika on October 15, 2007 at 6:42 PM

Gen. Peter Pace… a TRUE AMERICAN.

Always Right on October 15, 2007 at 6:51 PM

Powerful.

GT on October 15, 2007 at 7:29 PM

Hoping that someone from cnn reads this site.
I have DirectTV and I immediately blocked cnn (204 & 202) from being viewed on my BIG SCREEN TV ( 60″ ).

oldelpasoan on October 15, 2007 at 7:44 PM

His stars. He put his stars there. I know I’m not supposed to cry…

angryoldfatman on October 15, 2007 at 8:17 PM

Barbara Starr again See’s nothing to get excited about.

Won’t trust her to give a weather forcast.

Texyank on October 15, 2007 at 8:23 PM

Isn’t it a blessing that the lack of worthiness of messenger delivering the message has no reflection on the subject of the message.

General Peter Pace. American patriot and hero.

csdeven on October 15, 2007 at 9:43 PM

That was an incredibly touching message from General Peter Pace.
Too bad the CNN boobs couldn’t match his class!

MITX on October 15, 2007 at 10:06 PM

Barbara Starr shouldve been a guest star in one of Zarqawis flicks. Worthless POS.

Viper1 on October 16, 2007 at 6:40 AM