Video: Mary Katharine Ham on Coulter’s latest kerfuffle

posted at 11:14 pm on October 14, 2007 by Allahpundit

No love for Coulter from the Hammer? Even the big A belched up a tepid defense of her this time.

Eh, I think she’s just playing to the CNN audience. Exit question for Dana Goldstein: Wait ’til next year for the monks who are being slaughtered in Burma? Really?

Comments

That leftie girl sounds like she is 13.

TheSitRep on October 14, 2007 at 11:24 PM

Dana Goldstein’s arguments aren’t camera ready yet. That last statement ‘maybe next year’ was silly. MKH did good though.

terryannonline on October 14, 2007 at 11:24 PM

I really don’t get what Ann Coulter said that was wrong. Isn’t that just sincerity in being a Christian? Is it only socially acceptable to be Christian if you are insincere about it?

ZRyan on October 14, 2007 at 11:26 PM

I thought MKH was intellectually honest and offered an extremely incisive description of the exchange between Ann and Donny D. Dana, on the other hand needs to work on her public speaking skills — she’s probably a nice girl and all, but she didn’t do the left any favors in that exchange.

D2Boston on October 14, 2007 at 11:27 PM

80% of Jews vote Democrat and I will never understand that
Nice job MKH

abinitioadinfinitum on October 14, 2007 at 11:33 PM

So is that idiot on the left..like, you, know,…like a Valley Girl? Oh Wow!

pat on October 14, 2007 at 11:36 PM

Coulter is quoting Christian doctrine exactly as it is written. Of course people of other religions will be offended by the term “perfected” because, number one; they aren’t Christian, and number two; they don’t understand what it really means and don’t want to bother understanding it. MKH did a very good job summing it up, but not in terms the left will ever understand. Somehow, I think she already knows that, and in her own perfected way, stated the obvious that the sloths she spoke with would never understand no matter how she broke it down for them.

thedecider on October 14, 2007 at 11:40 PM

Does the other gal have a “IMP” (Individualized Media Plan)?

“Allowed to make little to no sense and get away with it.”

Metro on October 14, 2007 at 11:46 PM

That leftie girl sounds like she is 13.

TheSitRep on October 14, 2007 at 11:24 PM

That was the minor issue. The elitism was shining through in many ways. Superiority.

Entelechy on October 14, 2007 at 11:52 PM

I just love the hypocrisy Dana exhibits when she mentions her support for free speech, and how Coulter should not be denied same. I’m assuming that throwing a pie, or other object at Coulter, when she is speaking (like many of Dana’s little liberal friends do) is a sign of their support? And when ADinnerjacket goes on one of his anti-Zionism rants, that merits debate and understanding? It must be one of those progressive things…

Rick on October 14, 2007 at 11:52 PM

Does the other gal have a “IMP” (Individualized Media Plan)?

“Allowed to make little to no sense and get away with it.”

Metro on October 14, 2007 at 11:46 PM

It’s called Liberalism.

Rick on October 14, 2007 at 11:54 PM

Yeah, 80% of American Jews voting for the party largely imbivalent (at best) about the prospective destruction of Israel is baffling (there are exceptions, of course–I’m guessing Lieberman is no fan of the screaming-about-Zionist imperialism wing).

I guess they’re of the opinion that the implementation of socialist policies at home simply trumps the prospect of a second Holocaust overseas. Talk about a lose-lose mindset.

Blacklake on October 15, 2007 at 12:03 AM

ambivalent, rather.

Blacklake on October 15, 2007 at 12:03 AM

Blacklake on October 15, 2007 at 12:03 AM

I’m not sure Lieberman really votes Democrat ;:- )

abinitioadinfinitum on October 15, 2007 at 12:09 AM

aunursa on October 15, 2007 at 12:15 AM

you just did

ThackerAgency on October 15, 2007 at 12:17 AM

so should we throw Ann in jail? Maybe the death penalty? Or maybe she should be fined for breaking – um, what law exactly?

Is she asking for your vote? Is she asking you to watch her or listen to her? no.

ThackerAgency on October 15, 2007 at 12:18 AM

OMG a honest to God Jewish Princess!

Kini on October 15, 2007 at 12:18 AM

aunursa on October 15, 2007 at 12:15 AM

If that’s what they really believe, then YES, it’s absolutely okay for them to say that. That’s the point people like you don’t seem to get: Ann stated her Christian belief based on what her Christian teaching taught her. Why is this so hard to understand, among people like you, who look for reasons to be offended by anyone who does not subscribe to your personal opinion? This is her understanding of the Christian faith, and, in fact, it can be found written in the bible.

thedecider on October 15, 2007 at 12:20 AM

ZRyan on October 14, 2007 at 11:26 PM

Exactly, but Coulter knew what she was doing. Look, if anyone wasn’t aware, she’s trying to sell a book, and she always says something “outrageous” when she’s selling a book, but in this case she was just wording a non-controversial statement, in a controversial way in order to create another non-situation.

As for that liberal broad in this debate… she’s a dumb as she is hot. As in most cases, I tell liberals they have 2 choices… either they’re liars or stupid. Same goes for this chick.

For her to assert that Coulter=”The Right”, is ridiculous! And what’s more annoying, is it’s hardly ever highlighted, just how controlled “mainstream” Democrats are, by the extremes at MoveOn, and DKos… yet you have Coulter who weilds no power, and suddenly she’s representative of the whole right? Give me a break.

This is the same thing that even that moron/liar Krugman raised in one of the Maher threads. He was attacking Bush for the fact that he’s not been able to deliver for the evangelicals. The whole time I’m screaming “WTF are you talking about!? All we’ve heard from you people is how much of an extreme right-wing evangelical facist he is, and how he’s trying to impose religion on everyone, etc. etc.!” It’s as annoying as the far left calling Bush stupid day in and day out, but believing that he was able to pull off 9/11, which has been proven to be physically impossible in the first place.

I’m really tired of the fact that we have to be “civil” with people like this.

RightWinged on October 15, 2007 at 12:23 AM

“people like you”? When did I state my position on Coulter’s statement? I think you’re reading more into my post than was intended.

aunursa on October 15, 2007 at 12:23 AM

I think you’re reading more into my post than was intended.
aunursa on October 15, 2007 at 12:23 AM

Perhaps – nevertheless, there’s your comment, and there’s my response. Consider your question.

thedecider on October 15, 2007 at 12:27 AM

Would it be okay, then, for a Jew to refer to Christianity as defective or inferior to Judaism? Is that acceptable to say? -aunursa

Isn’t that what they say every time they go to Temple and believing what they believe? If they don’t think Judaism is correct, then they don’t really believe in it in the first place.

Like I said: Is it only socially acceptable to be Christian if you are insincere about it?

Ann Coulter right now is facing bigotry from a lot of people and from a unified-in-their-message media. ‘Bigotry against her for her religion.

Ah, but the left is okay with that, because it’s for the Cause. C’mon, lefties. Now is your chance, your opportunity, to stand up and oppose bigotry and prejudice based on creed. You’d better do it now, because it might be your only chance. Or is that… not who you are?

ZRyan on October 15, 2007 at 12:29 AM

My biggest problem with what Ann said is more people on the left are more outraged with her view on Christianity “perfecting” the Jews, than anything any muslim, jihadist or not says. Go figure

abinitioadinfinitum on October 15, 2007 at 12:31 AM

…but in this case she was just wording a non-controversial statement, in a controversial way in order to create another non-situation.
RightWinged on October 15, 2007 at 12:23 AM

I agree Ann usually seeks to create controversy when a new book is being introduced. However, (in what is probably a rare disagreement I have with you) I think she was simply responding to a question from someone who was looking for an argument, and the only reason it turned out to be controversial is because it didn’t fit the mold of being “politically correct”. The interviewer was clearly looking for a reason (any reason) to be offended. He got his “Coulter” quote and the MSM ran with it.

thedecider on October 15, 2007 at 12:32 AM

No, actually they don’t. There’s not a word in the Jewish worship service about Jesus, Christianity, Islam, or any other religion.

Nor is there any word about the superiority of Judaism. Perhaps it’s implied.

aunursa on October 15, 2007 at 12:34 AM

Wars begin over:
a) Women
b) Land
c) Religion
d) Hot Air Commentors

Kini on October 15, 2007 at 12:35 AM

I did. So then the answer to my question is, yes — it’s perfectly acceptable.

aunursa on October 15, 2007 at 12:35 AM

Perhaps it is logic, and what they belive. Wait, no “perhaps” about it.

ZRyan on October 15, 2007 at 12:35 AM

Every Christian believes that Christianity is true and the other religions are false. Duh!

Every other follower of a different religion thinks the same thing too, his religion is right and yours is wrong. Duh!

Thanks for clearing that up CNN.

Mojave Mark on October 15, 2007 at 12:38 AM

Well, in fact liberal Jews (like liberal Christians) may subscribe to the “all religions are equal” line of thought. But liberal Jews recite the same prayers used in the more traditional Jewish services. So then it is, in fact, not implied that Judaism is superior to other religions. Perhaps the thinking is just that Judaism is the right religion for Jews.

aunursa on October 15, 2007 at 12:38 AM

Believing that the Messiah has come and that he is Jesus Christ is not Judaism. And it is NOT the same as believing that the Messiah HAS NOT come and the he IS NOT Jesus Christ. Simple. Logic. Also, it’s STATED doctrines of faith.

ZRyan on October 15, 2007 at 12:41 AM

So then the answer to my question is, yes — it’s perfectly acceptable.
aunursa on October 15, 2007 at 12:35 AM

An affirmative: YES! It’s perfectly acceptable. It is also acceptable for others to disagree with their interpretation of the bible, or their particular religion. It’s what makes the United States unique in the world, and makes me proud to be a natural born citizen.

thedecider on October 15, 2007 at 12:43 AM

I like heard that little girl on the left? make a question? It was like so not kewl? that like, I turned it off?

MrC_5150 on October 15, 2007 at 12:51 AM

When you, aunursa, say:

“Well, in fact liberal Jews (like liberal Christians) may subscribe to the “all religions are equal” line of thought.”

…do you, in fact, know how to define your usage of the word “equal?”

1. All true? (contradictory doctrines of faith, so this is illogical)

2. All false? (they are not subscribers to the faith, so this is logical)

So the only way one can subscribe to the “all religions are equal” doctrine is the second option, they are not sincere in the belief.

When one is sincere, such as Ann Coulter here, she is shown mass bigotry and prejudice—from no less than the mass media. So, as I said, now is the time for liberals who claim to oppose bigotry and prejudice to actually do it. Now is the time to put the Cause second to fighting bigotry and act.

Left: this may be your only chance. Is that who you really are? Will you stand up against prejudice and bigotry based on creed? What you choose to do, not what you claim, is who you really are. Now is your opportunity.

ZRyan on October 15, 2007 at 12:54 AM

Dana Goldstein: “I mean, like, life in the valley is so like, bitchen, fer sure, ya know? And I know that I totally sound like a moron, but like, all my friends think I’m like this total mental giant cuz I can like, actually finish some of my sentences, ya know? So just cuz I, like, ya know sound like I’m like 80 IQ points dumber than Mary Katharine and Ann Coulter, well, like, hey, I’m a journalism major with a minor in Clenis studies, and hey, I’m like totally on CNN! So totally gag me, you chimpymcbushitlerburton neocons. Yeah.

infidel4life on October 15, 2007 at 12:59 AM

As an observant Jew who abides by Judaism’s dietary laws, I feel awkward confessing that I like Ham. :)

aunursa on October 15, 2007 at 12:38 AM

Judaism, Christianity and Islam completely contradict each other.
According to Jewish law, Jesus was at least a heretic, at worst, a false prophet (some people insist that honor goes to his Jewish disciples). Christianity itself is certainly idoloatrous according to Jewish law.
Torah law also views the 7 Noahide Commands as obligatory upon all of non-Jewish mankind. One of the 7 commands is the prohibition of false dieties and the Torah views Christianity as exactly that.
While the Torah does NOT advocate converting the world to Judaism, it does view the rest of the world responsible to police itself to obey the Noahide laws. In fact, this self-policing is a 2nd of the 7 Noahide laws.

Shy Guy on October 15, 2007 at 1:01 AM

Much of the Torah (Old Testament) is about the coming of the Messiah, most Jews just do not believe it was and is Jesus (Yeshua) and I say most because,…but than I guess that would make Rabbis Yitzhak Kaduri a closet Christian ?

abinitioadinfinitum on October 15, 2007 at 1:07 AM

Hahahaha MKH said “Goracle” on TV.

What the libs seem to miss is that the issue of “freedom of speech” is in regards to the federal government censoring public views. There is no reason why ImAWhackJob has to be allowed to speak. And the double-speak of allowing him to speak, but calling for a muzzling of Ann Coulter is self evident.

That lib commentator had the Valley Girl speak down. I was waiting for the “watt-evah” to come out.

Mallard T. Drake on October 15, 2007 at 1:14 AM

Shy Guy on October 15, 2007 at 1:01 AM

So, basically, the Jews say that “He didn’t arrive yet” and the Christians say “He did, but y’all just missed it” and both say “we’ll see who’s right later.” But both also say (now) that “it’s not worth killing each other over or not worth being enemies over, since the Lord in whom we both believe has long had a plan for all of us” and “let’s be friends, etc.”

These ideals are what make us different from them.

baldilocks on October 15, 2007 at 1:17 AM

baldilocks is beautiful :- )

abinitioadinfinitum on October 15, 2007 at 1:19 AM

Good Night all

abinitioadinfinitum on October 15, 2007 at 1:21 AM

thedecider on October 15, 2007 at 12:32 AM

I really don’t think we have a disagreement, thedecider, so long as you recognize that Ann does do this stuff deliberately to get attention which translates in to book sales. She laughs about it just about every time she’s on TV. I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with it at all, I’m just saying that she chose to state the obvious in an un-PC way, deliberately. She’s no dummy, she knew exactly what she was doing.

aunursa on October 15, 2007 at 12:38 AM

If you don’t believe your beliefs are “superior”
the correct ones, then you don’t really believe them, it’s as simple as that.

RightWinged on October 15, 2007 at 1:22 AM

Shiite! That wasn’t supposed to have a hard return:

If you don’t believe your beliefs are “superior” the correct ones, then you don’t really believe them, it’s as simple as that.

RightWinged on October 15, 2007 at 1:22 AM

RightWinged on October 15, 2007 at 1:23 AM

{{{abinitioadinfinitum}}}

baldilocks on October 15, 2007 at 1:35 AM

I find it hard to take leftist Jewish people seriously. How can I even listen to their viewpoints when they are traitors to their own people in Israel by voting for the party here that doesn’t support it?

I can understand if they don’t want to support Republicans for whatever reason but to vote for the party that thinks Israel and the rest of the Middle East are equally at fault for the problems over there is just nuts for a Jewish person to do.

Benaiah on October 15, 2007 at 1:44 AM

Is it only socially acceptable to be Christian if you are insincere about it?

ZRyan on October 14, 2007 at 11:26 PM

I believe you’re correct, and that this applies mostly to the Right, and that the lack of intellectual rigor in this area (which I am tempted to call intentional) is one of the most highly exploitable faults the Left can use against us.

Halley on October 15, 2007 at 2:12 AM

What should every American believe? How do we have a country where so many religions believe they are divinely right?

dedalus on October 15, 2007 at 2:21 AM

What should every American believe?
Christianity. Capitalism. Conservatism.

Tolerance. Rules of law.

ZRyan on October 15, 2007 at 2:24 AM

This dumb liberal pretty much proves my point for me.

Ann Coulter, at this point, is a joke. She isn’t really much more than someone who makes stupid, outrageous comments, to which liberals like this Dana woman will then hold out as representative of what ALL conservatives really think.

Enough. Time to cut ties with Coulter, and prop up conservative pundits who don’t embarass the rest of us. Like, well, Mary Katherine.

Vyce on October 15, 2007 at 2:49 AM

First they came for Mel Gibson and Michael Richards, but as they sort of deserved it, I did nothing.

Then they came for Dan Imus, but I didn’t particularly particularly like him, so I did nothing.

Then they came for Rush Limbaugh, but as they so obviously had nothing, I did nothing.

Then they came for Ann Coulter…

Speaking as a VERY EASILY OFFENDED Jew, may I say as loud as possible, that I found NOTHING OFFENSIVE about Coulter’s comments.

She was NOT denigrating the Jews. She was NOT saying that Christians are perfect compared to Jews.

She was saying that she believed that Christianity was a perfection to Judaism.

Saying that you believe one set of teachings goes further than another set, is not a hate crime….unless the person saying it is on a liberal hit list.

If Ann had said “completed” instead of “perfected”, her interviewer wouldn’t have found such an easy foothold to grab his offense, and the left (and more cowardly people on the right) wouldn’t have got the chance to shoot her down.

It’s a sad day, however, when we can’t express our religious beliefs or critcise those of others.

uptight on October 15, 2007 at 2:56 AM

That leftie girl sounds like she is 13.

TheSitRep on October 14, 2007 at 11:24 PM

You don’t really find that surprising, do you?

soundingboard on October 15, 2007 at 4:04 AM

This is the same thing that even that moron/liar Krugman raised in one of the Maher threads. He was attacking Bush for the fact that he’s not been able to deliver for the evangelicals. The whole time I’m screaming “WTF are you talking about!? All we’ve heard from you people is how much of an extreme right-wing evangelical facist he is, and how he’s trying to impose religion on everyone, etc. etc.!” …RightWinged on October 15, 2007 at 12:23 AM

Henh.

I caught the Klugman clip too.

Those were pretty close to my exact thoughts. Almost verbatim.

Is the left really so stupid as to forget what they say on a day by day basis?

Or do the just think the rest of us are?

soundingboard on October 15, 2007 at 4:15 AM

abinitioadinfinitum on October 15, 2007 at 12:31 AM

I agree. It’s as if, to them, perfected is worse than
beheaded.

Amazing.

soundingboard on October 15, 2007 at 4:19 AM

baldilocks is beautiful :- )

abinitioadinfinitum on October 15, 2007 at 1:19 AM

Seconded.

With enthusiasum!

Summed up beaitifully in one amazing paragraph.

That brought one of those, “here’s a person who get’s it”, smiles to my face.

soundingboard on October 15, 2007 at 4:27 AM

Vyce on October 15, 2007 at 2:49 AM

Yup.

Sadly, for me, Coulter’s become a caricature of her former self.

MKH keeps getting logarithmically better.

And she was already operating on a higher plane.

soundingboard on October 15, 2007 at 4:48 AM

McCain’s comment was right on the money(and delivered with just enough sarcasm) “Maybe Next Year”!?In a year from now the Headlines from Nepal will read”All the Pacifists are Dead”.Dana Goldstein=Clueless

Regney on October 15, 2007 at 6:45 AM

It makes my blood boil, when anyone on the Left makes these statements like, “Well, gee . . . Ann Coulter is just saying out loud what every conservative thinks but can’t say it.” Dana, don’t you EVER assume to know what I am thinking or believe.

ToddonCapeCod on October 15, 2007 at 7:22 AM

Wars begin over:
a) Women
b) Land
c) Religion
d) Hot Air Commentors

Kini on October 15, 2007 at 12:35 AM

e) Sports Team Allegiances
f) All of the above

steveegg on October 15, 2007 at 7:51 AM

Another liberal moron. Kind of makes a point doesn’t it. The conservative representative is intelligent, articulate and charming. The democrat is whining, nonsensical and condescending.

peacenprosperity on October 15, 2007 at 7:57 AM

Baldilocks, you and I can be pals. Especially since there’s a common enemy out there who is far more dangerous than a few stupid words from Ann Coulter.

Meryl Yourish on October 15, 2007 at 8:15 AM

I used to think that Fox News used to just trot out the worst, empty-headed, immature liberals they could find for “debates” such as these. I used to…

She can’t even sit still or straight in her chair, proabably squirming to remember her talking points she’s supposed to fit in.

reaganaut on October 15, 2007 at 8:28 AM

uptight on October 15, 2007 at 2:56 AM

Well said. This issue with Ann encapsulates two of the primary issues of the 1st Amendment: freedom of religion and freedom of speech. Someone offering an opinion on a religious topic should be vehemently protected by everyone else so long as that opinion doesn’t denigrate into calling for, or initiating, violence.

Troy Rasmussen on October 15, 2007 at 8:30 AM

Man that chick (not the divine MKH) can’t sit still for two seconds when she speaks. It looks like she’s on a boat and the camera is on the dock. I got kind of nauseated watching her. It’s time to take some Dramamine.

Troy Rasmussen on October 15, 2007 at 8:39 AM

“Ann Coulter, at this point, is a joke.”

Okay, Bradky. Time to take your blood pressure medicine, ’cause what follows is SATIRE (ya need to spell it out for him, dontchaknow).

Speaking about jokes….

I’m wondering how many liberals suffered seizures, brain aneurysms, and strokes when they heard Ann Coulter’s comments. I wonder how many libby-dems put the muzzle of a loaded gun in their mouth and tried to chew on it thinking it was one of Clinton’s cigars (probably not many as almost all believe in gun control). I wonder how many discovered that even double doses of Paxil didn’t help get over the Coulter Effect ™. I’ll be looking for any CDC metrics on SLD (Sudden Liberal Depression) syndrome in the next quarterly report.

I’m figuring that maybe several hundred leftist blog readers and all 53 MSNBC viewers suffered a circulatory or mental health issue from watching Coulter (or the YouTube video) on that Jerk-Face’s show. We’ll have to wait for confirmation, of course from the CDC, but I bet the number is significant.

But every cloud has a silver lining. Maybe we have a “sekrit wepin” in Ann, which if properly employeed will cause libby-dem brains to pop inside their skulls, allowing EVOLUTION to do what pure polemic can’t, and that’s reduce these liberals up at MoveOn.org to babbling babies and drooling idiots (I know, I’m repeating myself by using “MoveOn.org” and “idiots” in the same sentence).

Or course, having huge holdings in GlaxoSmithKline (maker of Paxil), once this goes down, execution of this plan will almost certainly cause the naughty-bits of my stock broker to engorge (as the Church Lady would say) and tingle in greed and glee. Ah, another ski-trip to Vail at a 5-star resort for him on my holding’s sale commission at liberalism’s expense. Ah, good times, good times.

If Niven and Pournelle would allow me to use the phrase, I’d say that the Coulter Effect ™ (do I get a Nobel Peace Prize for labeling it) is nothing less than “Evolution in Action.”

And, if Ann lives another 40 years of so, we conservatives could achieve Nirvana, where the weak-minded libby-dems have all vanished (like the dinosaurs) or are sitting in padded cells like Squeaky Frome, and us resilient conservative/libertarian survivors will expanded like the prehistoric mammals did to fill the niches (and expense accounts) left behind by the likes of Teddy Kennedy (OKAY, a HUGE CAVE in his case), Dick Turban, and BotoxNancy.

Come on, now, wouldn’t we all love to see the Goracle stuffed and mounted in the Smithsonian next to the do-do bird he so closely resembles? And how about the special diorama on Tyrannosaurus Hillary hunting down the vast right wing conspiracy in the new Global Warming Rainforest where DC stands today? Don’t you think children of all ages would be thrilled at viewing the actual Bubba Clinton Cigar Humidor?

Look, I know that Bradky is about to pop a vessel right about now (even thought this is SATIRE), so I’ll simply end this essay with a recognition that today’s musical tapestry of politics needs more Coulter, er, cowbell.

Thank you, thank you. Thanks for coming, and I’ll be here through the end of the month.

georgej on October 15, 2007 at 8:41 AM

“Perfected”, theologically speaking, is a fairly technical, strictly defined word. Donny is either too obtuse or too dishonest to recognize that. As Ham said, Donny was just waiting to be offended, just waiting (like Media Matters) for something he could twist into a flame-thrower.

petefrt on October 15, 2007 at 8:44 AM

Ann Coulter said nothing wrong. She opposes political correctness, as she ought to. She spoke the truth and the offended whining elitist condemns her for speaking the truth

Jews certainly didn’t object to NBC’s cancelled show “The Book of Daniel” and other Jeff Zucker approved shows like “Law and Order” which appears to defame Christianity and its teachings whenever the opportunity arises.

“The Book of Daniel” which was about an Episcopalian priest with a drug problem, an alcoholic wife, a homosexual son, a promiscuous heterosexual son, a drug dealing daughter and Jesus Christ was depicted, as a sidekick!

Has anyone from MSM condemned Zucker for his portrayal of the Christian family? Have there been any MSM news segments questioning Zucker’s intentions, which certainly appear to be anti-Christian offerings?

I know I’m a bit windy here but the Coulter bashing is gettng out of hand, in my opinion.

sinsing on October 15, 2007 at 8:46 AM

Heh – McCain got in a good one there on Gore.

Dork B. on October 15, 2007 at 8:50 AM

MKH is da bomb! When that tool Dana talked about free speech I started SCREAMING at MKH to skewer her on the fact that the left is criticizing AC for what she said and they NEVER did when aloonyboonyjob came to Columbia. I just knew she’d miss that opportunity because that moderator was trying to move on to manbearpig.

HA!!! MKH stuck to her guns and nailed that liberal hypocrite!

csdeven on October 15, 2007 at 8:59 AM

Gore doesn’t have to worry about the Monks stealing his thunder next year. They are dead and are not eligible for the award.

The Goracle’s position as the hottest quest at the elite limousine liberal cocktail parties is secure for at least two years!

csdeven on October 15, 2007 at 9:07 AM

The entire reason for Christ’s coming was to perfect mankind. “So be perfect as your Father is perfect.” MKH is right, Donnie What’s-his-face just wanted to be offended as did the girl who was completely out classed and out witted by MKH (of course Mary Katharine is what the left has alway claimed Hillary is — when she isn’t — an intellectual giant. Anyone else remember that NYT headline from ’93?)

srhoades on October 15, 2007 at 9:14 AM

Dana does sound like a 14 year old liberal Jewish girl from Riverdale. Not a scintilla of intellectual depth there.

Hilts on October 15, 2007 at 9:37 AM

georgej on October 15, 2007 at 8:41 AM

I… I… love you.

angryoldfatman on October 15, 2007 at 10:01 AM

I’m wondering how many liberals suffered seizures, brain aneurysms, and strokes

We can only dream.

peacenprosperity on October 15, 2007 at 10:15 AM

MKH is spot on. The only thing Ann did wrong was engage in a serious conversation in a casual manner with an intellectual cripple. The left and the media think that anyone who makes alot of money must be brilliant and they trot morons like Douche out constantly. Huffington is another (although she didn’t make her money, unless marrying and then blackmailing a closeted millionaire homosexual is considered real work)and all the hollywood dimwits as well. Gore is the king of them all, the idiot son of a crooked elitist politican.

peacenprosperity on October 15, 2007 at 10:21 AM

I… I… love you.

angryoldfatman on October 15, 2007 at 10:01 AM

Okay, but when you make the movie, I insist that Drew Carey has to play me.

georgej on October 15, 2007 at 10:21 AM

infidel4life on October 15, 2007 at 12:59 AM

Ha ! Thanks for saying what I thought I heard.
How did MKH keep from roaring with laughter ?

Texyank on October 15, 2007 at 10:40 AM

MrC_5150 on October 15, 2007 at 12:51 AM

Exactly

Ochlan on October 15, 2007 at 10:42 AM

“OMG a honest to God Jewish Princess!”

Nope, sorry. Not a princess.

As a Jewish guy who has gone out with more than his fair share of Jewish ladies, let me identify this one for you:

What you saw on tape was a whiny Jewish liberal, not a Jewish princess.

A Jewish Princess would have had a better hairdo, a darker tan, a nose-job, and would have talked endlessly about her beach house in the Hamptons and her new Porsche, and would not have a clue about politics.

Not stereotypes. Thats just the truth.

Always Right on October 15, 2007 at 10:44 AM

Coulter’s manner of dressing doesn’t represent Christianity well, & she could have phrased it better, but there really is nothing all that wrong with what she said. We ALL need to be perfected by Jesus, & the process begins when we start to follow him.

jgapinoy on October 15, 2007 at 10:47 AM

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought MKH was a conservative? Isn’t she friends with Michelle? I am really confused.

Shelly on October 15, 2007 at 10:52 AM

Wow, that Dana’s voice is like rubbing sandpaper on your eye balls. Yikes!

What is from, like the San Fernando Valley, or what?

pabarge on October 15, 2007 at 11:19 AM

Dana Goldstein = Worst Pundit Ever.

No real stance, defence and attacks were weak. “… it’s suporting free speech (for Ahneedadinnerjacket)…” Well, then, Ann has her right to free speech, too.

Ann phrased her views fine, in her own sarcastic, condecending way. If you had a brain and the intelligence to see her view, weather or not you agree with it or believe it’s true, you’d know that.

I think they put Dana up there to compete with Hampton’s beauty.

Mazztek on October 15, 2007 at 12:06 PM

georgej on October 15, 2007 at 8:41 AM

There are free clinics if you don’t have health insurance. Get help soon.

Bradky on October 15, 2007 at 12:10 PM

aunursa on October 15, 2007 at 12:15 AM

Jews already think they’re God’s chosen people, I’m not sure where so many of them managed to find the balls to complain about this.

Darth Executor on October 15, 2007 at 12:19 PM

Mazztek on October 15, 2007 at 12:06 PM

She’s pretty hot though. That’s what really counts.

Darth Executor on October 15, 2007 at 12:20 PM

Darth Executor on October 15, 2007 at 12:19 PM

We are not “chosen” in the sense of Tom Smothers telling his brother Dick “Mom always liked you best.” It is referring to being chosen for G-d’s representatives to mankind. This can result in success, failure or anything in between.

We’re supposed to set an example. Unfortunately there are no lack of Jews who are individually none the better, and more the worse than non-Jews. That shouldn’t be news.

I hope that clears up what we Jews have been taught “Am Ha’Nivchar” – “The Chosen People” – means.

Shy Guy on October 15, 2007 at 12:35 PM

Such as

- The Cat

MirCat on October 15, 2007 at 12:49 PM

Shy Guy on October 15, 2007 at 12:35 PM

Yeah that’s what you say . . .

I only say that because that’s what the phrase/word ‘Perfected’ is getting.

Perfect (in it’s true sence) goes hand in hand with Shalom as in complete.

Jesus was the first Perfected Jew. The term Christian means Little Christ. The term Christ means Anointed.

People need to stop jumping on other people for what they think they mean rather than what the phrases really mean. Doing this creates a real tar baby.

- The Cat

MirCat on October 15, 2007 at 1:07 PM

Yeah that’s what you say . . .

MirCat on October 15, 2007 at 1:07 PM

More precisely, that’s what Judaism says.

Jesus was the first Perfected Jew.

Yeah that’s what you say . . .

Shy Guy on October 15, 2007 at 1:55 PM

That leftie girl sounds like she is 13.

Or a Valley Smurfette.

She’s not happy with we Jews.

So much for the stereotype of Jews being smart.

The Monster on October 15, 2007 at 2:35 PM

There truly is ‘something about Mary.’

Griz on October 15, 2007 at 2:47 PM

Al Gore? Like knows that he’s better getting the message out? And we Democrats are like happy with our primary choices? So, no, I’m like not disappointed? That Al Gore is running for president again? And I want Ann Coulter to keep talking? Because she says what conservatives really think about Jews. Totally.

foxforce91 on October 15, 2007 at 3:40 PM

The Lefty’s eyes seemed hollow and soulless somehow.

Gore’s religion trumps Buddhist monks. It’s okay with her. A shrug is all she gives along with a “better luck next year.”

How nuanced.

Black Adam on October 15, 2007 at 3:49 PM

I like how Dana starts to shake her head immediately when the topic of Ann Coulter is brought up and starts knodding her head excitedly when the topic of Gore came up.

Ballistic on October 15, 2007 at 3:52 PM

Bradky whines: “Your obsession with licking my hand is getting out of hand. Do you tell your real life associates about your imaginary arguments with me?

There are free clinics if you don’t have health insurance. Get help soon.”

Did I mention in that post anything about licking hands? Are you troubled by your fetish? Actually, I was somewhat concerned for your mental and circulatory health. And this is the thanks I get?

And you have it wrong anyway. The extended Sam Adams quote reads:

“…go home and leave us in peace. We seek not your council, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” Samuel Adams

Ol’ Sam is labeling disloyal people like *YOU* dogs, who, as a species, DO lick the hands of their masters. He’s telling YOU go home, you’re not wanted among us patriots, and once there, to lick the hands of YOUR masters, which we know to be the folks at DNC/DU/DKOS/HUFFIEPOST/MoveOn.

You must really get over this finger-licking fetish of yours and realize that YOU are the licker, here, not the lickee. And, besides, that NOBODY wants to lick your fingers, anyway. We all know where they’ve been lately: Picking your nose.

But, to show you that my heart is in the right place, and to allow you to make amends, if you’re extremely polite, and ask nicely, I’ll throw you a bone let you have the distinct honor of kissing me on my right butt-cheek.

Happy to help. Have a NICE CONSERVATIVE day.

Addendum:
Instructions for the proper method in kissing butt.

Approach the person who is to be bussed, from behind. Make enough noise so as to not startle him. Kneel on both knees, approximately 12 inches behind the bussee. With the permission of the bussee, gently lower bussee’s trousers. With gentle, loving, care, carefully cup bussee’s buttocks. Caution: Be sure your hands are warm, clean, and dry. Bend head forward, with lips puckered, and place lips on bussee’s right buttock. Gently inhale through the pursed lips for no more than .5 seconds, any longer may be mistaken for a “love affair.” Retract face, release buttocks, assist bussee in replacing trousers, and depart the area quietly and reverently. Remember, no tongue or lipstick. [Butt Kissing for Dummies, 1st Edition, p. 35]

PS – You’re now my favorite troll. Feel blessed!

georgej on October 15, 2007 at 4:02 PM

What really strikes me about this kerfuffle (as you put it) is that the emphasis has shifted to the implied meaning of the words and not the actual meaning, and that everybody seems to be missing the MOTIVATION of liberals here.

It is especially striking that given the blatant ANTI-SEMITISM of the left, that the left even care what Coulter says about Jews.

Or, as Coulter, her self put it:

“Whether they are rooting for the atheistic regimes of Stalin and Mao, satanic suicide bombers and terrorists, or the Central Park rapists, liberals always take the side of savages against civilization. Indeed, an attack on America by Islamic fanatics finally gave the lie to the old Communist Party line about anti-Communism being a covert form of anti-Semitism. Inasmuch as half the Soviet spies were Ivy educated WASPs, this was always a stretch. Even the willfully stupid might have noticed that their pal Stalin wasn’t exactly holding parades for Jews.

But when confronted with terrorists who despised both America and the Jews, there was no doubt whose side the left would take. The breath taking anti-Semitism of America’s enemy, and of the enemy’s claque in Europe, didn’t even give the traitor lobby pause. Liberals, it turned out, were perfectly copacetic [sic] with the most virulent anti-Semitism imagi nable —provided it served the cause of anti-Americanism. It isn’t anti- Semitism or philo-Semitism or racism that drives them. It’s hatred of civilization…In the war on terrorism, liberals once again are cheering for the destruction of civil society. ” [Ann Coulter, "Treason," pp. 285-286]

Given that liberals hate Israel with barely concealed anti-semitism, why do they care what Coulter says about Christians being “perfected” or “completed” or whatever Jews? And why should we give a rat’s-behind about their petty complaints?

They must really think that Ann Coulter is a threat to them and their ideology.

georgej on October 15, 2007 at 4:19 PM

Perfect (in it’s true sence) goes hand in hand with Shalom as in complete.

Ah, no. Shalom means “peace.” Or hello. Or goodbye. None of its meanings include “perfect.”

Meryl Yourish on October 15, 2007 at 7:17 PM

That came off as a light weight piece of interaction.

Of course, Dana Goldestien, in her response regarding her condemnation of Ann Coulter’s comment on her religious faith and Jews becoming Perfected by following Christ and Christianity – a fast track, like Federal Express, while stating that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s appearance at Columbia, and the vicious statements that he made are something she agrees with because she supports free speech, are contradictory.

Free speech for Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, but not for Ann Coulter.

That sounds logical, fair, and just.

William