Quote of the day

posted at 10:00 pm on October 14, 2007 by Allahpundit

“Adding to the SYF’s alienation from domesticity is another glaring fact usually ignored by demographers: the New Girl Order is fun. Why get married when you can party on?”

Comments

I tried to read it. Seriously, I tried.

Our new single and snazzy rulers are verbose!

spec_ops_mateo on October 14, 2007 at 10:13 PM

This is the reason I married a 21 year old Russian. She is unspoiled and family oriented. She had a difficult but not deprived life and so she appreciates that I don’t cheat on her, drink vodka nightly, or beat her.

Happiness is about expectations. This aging hipster chick phenomenon is a disaster for western societies and a disaster for the women who don’t wake up before biology does it for them.

Bill C on October 14, 2007 at 10:13 PM

I just want to date a normal chick.

Actually, I just want a date!

spec_ops_mateo on October 14, 2007 at 10:17 PM

It doesn’t take much for a woman to realize that a whole word is out there. Bill C, I’d be careful not to take anything or anyone for granted.

bloggless on October 14, 2007 at 10:17 PM

Yeah, well I still have to kill the spider crawling on the floor.
Remove the frog from under the house and mouse from the trap.
Change the flat tire….

Not that I’m complaining you see…., I like being the appreciating asset.

Kini on October 14, 2007 at 10:31 PM

It’s a man’s world, James Brown always reminded us. But if these trends continue, not so much.

My grandmother, a very wise owl, “how misguided James Brown, and also these ‘new’ women”.

Kini, I hope you also meant “appreciated”, because that’s what you also s/b. Regards, with a smile,

Entelechy on October 14, 2007 at 11:00 PM

The problem is things like women acting like sluts and then getting upset when they find out someone called them that, or that they have a slutty reputation. How dare you label me for what I act like!

It is America in general. Womens’ lib is not the blame in my book. I don’t want a borring submissive woman. But there are too many other people out there trying to make happy homemakers feel guilty or oppressed about being a stay at home mom or trying to convince them that they’d be happier getting a job or fool around on her man because it is assumed he is doing it too. Yet is was their freedom of choice to stay home with the kids until they start school. How can you be upset with what someone else is happy doing and try to tell them that they are wrong?

Things like that, and Americans in general are too demanding, expecting, and needy. We are spoiled.

The best quote today I just heard 5 minutes ago on the radio: “America is the only country in the world that has fat poor people.”

El Guapo on October 14, 2007 at 11:04 PM

El Guapo, I do not believe that America is the only country in the world that has fat poor people. Obesity does not mean well nourished. Africa and Mexico also have fat folks who are poor. Europe has a big problem with obesity. Many times the poor are relegated to eat high fat, low quality food, which causes obesity. And BTW, for every “slutty” woman, there is an equally slutty man.

bloggless on October 14, 2007 at 11:22 PM

In a few years the only people that are going to be breeding are Muslims and Uneducated people from the 3rd world. We are going to have to migrate underground and worship our missle.

TheSitRep on October 14, 2007 at 11:34 PM

bloggless
That is true, it takes two to tango! And manytimes obesity in the poor is brought on by people spending money on things other than necessities: thihgs like beer, fatty foods, etc. He couldnt afford to fix his car, but he still wants ot waste the $$ that could fix his car on ciggs and beer. But that is his right to be dumb. I still see this first hand, plus I also grew up poor (but not fat).

In my world travels, I still stick by to my observations: our poor and “impoverished” are nothing compared to those impoverished in Mexico, Africa, Buglaria, Georgia, Albania, etc… They make our poor look like middle-class.

El Guapo on October 14, 2007 at 11:41 PM

This is why I love Hot Air. I have no idea where you find this stuff, but it is endlessly entertaining. Much love to everyone on the HA staff for bringing me the world in ways I don’t have the time to discover it myself.

thedecider on October 14, 2007 at 11:48 PM

We are going to have to migrate underground and worship our missle.

TheSitRep on October 14, 2007 at 11:34 PM

Euphemism of the day.

Bill C on October 14, 2007 at 11:48 PM

Entelechy on October 14, 2007 at 11:00 PM

Oh yes, and thanks.

Being appreciated is better than my than my appreciating ass.et ;-)

Kini on October 14, 2007 at 11:59 PM

We are going to have to migrate underground and worship our missle.

TheSitRep on October 14, 2007 at 11:34 PM

Cornelius or Caesar will save us! Simian Rule!

Kini on October 15, 2007 at 12:02 AM

The end result of the “New girl order” is a lot of embittered, lonely 40-somethings. Just ask Maureen Dowd (or read any of her numerous columns whining about a lack of dating opportunities).

We had something similar for men thirty years ago. It was called “the Playboy generation.” Look how well that turned out.

Anton on October 15, 2007 at 12:17 AM

And thus the West collapses. (Proverbs 16:25)

Way to go, Hollywood! Way to go Madison Avenue!

Ali-Bubba on October 15, 2007 at 12:54 AM

“…but it don’t mean nothing,
Without a woman, or a girl
.”

You shouldn’t leave The Godfather of Soul hanging.

profitsbeard on October 15, 2007 at 1:15 AM

This has been my problem with that show/ideology from the beginning. My mother who raised my brother and I alone after my father took off, always instilled in me that women were smarter, had more discipline, and more morals than men. Men were animals constantly on the hunt looking for a conquest. This show seems to destroy my mothers theory as it makes the highest aspiration of these women to be as big a bunch of whores as men are. So much for morals, class and intelligence.

Joey1974 on October 15, 2007 at 6:15 AM

Yes, the SYF lifestyle is growing.

Right up until these women approach 40, when they have an epiphany and say “Holy crap, I’m nearly forty!”

And then have a child.

To wit: Halle Berry.

drjohn on October 15, 2007 at 8:53 AM

Bill C, I can relate to your marry-a-foreign-girl-instead story. My Filipina wife is humble, thoughtful, grateful, gentle, & kinder than anyone I’ve ever met.

jgapinoy on October 15, 2007 at 10:06 AM

to quote the old song,
American woman, get away from me

jgapinoy on October 15, 2007 at 10:07 AM

There’s a whole group of younger girls – in their 20s and teens who are looking at their older peers and saying, Hell, no! And while they’re not the really really old-fashioned kind of girl, they realize that whoring around, etc., is not the way to go.

I’m so glad my girls are old fashioned.

Mommynator on October 15, 2007 at 11:54 AM

jgapinoy on October 15, 2007 at 10:06 AM

Good for you. Live your life, don’t worry about what others are thinking because it doesn’t matter. I hope you have many years together and healthy children.

I’m so glad my girls are old fashioned.

Mommynator on October 15, 2007 at 11:54 AM

I think a lot of this wild girl trend is the result of broken families. It takes strong, diligent parents to counter the deleterious effect of the more depraved elements of our culture.

Bill C on October 15, 2007 at 12:01 PM

I just want to date a normal chick.

spec_ops_mateo on October 14, 2007 at 10:17 PM

So true.

I also want to date a girl that as soon as we get serious she doesn’t decide to gain 25 pounds. I keep wanting to say, “Honey, there isn’t a ring on your finger yet.”

Tim Burton on October 15, 2007 at 12:29 PM