Video: The BBC tackles the Mohammed cartoons — finally

posted at 8:57 pm on October 12, 2007 by Allahpundit

It’s an official flying pig moment. Takeaway moment: Suicide-bomb advocate Sheikh Yusuf Qaradawi complaining that the bomb-in-the-turban sketch makes Mohammed look violent. Click the image to watch.

cartoons.jpg

Comments

BBC? Well, that’s a shocka. It’s snowing somewhere…

Clip was interesting. I’m glad he asked that question about where in the Koran it talks about no imagery, I didn’t know that.

Spirit of 1776 on October 12, 2007 at 9:12 PM

Quick, someone check the weather report for H*ll.

amerpundit on October 12, 2007 at 9:15 PM

Why now?

deesine on October 12, 2007 at 9:17 PM

Why now is a very good question. I don’t know the answer other than to say that western society has taken a real beating over the current course of time and maybe, just maybe, people are getting sick of it?

Babs on October 12, 2007 at 9:33 PM

Although, I must add that I do love a full out riot where a plastic Ronald McDonald gets tourched. That’s my favorite…

Babs on October 12, 2007 at 9:34 PM

Why now ? Because they are slowly warming up to the fact that they are about to loose their country, never mind the whole continent.
Think about it. If Sanfransiscans can conclude that it’s okay to hate George Bush and still object to someone crapping on their lawns. There is hope for Europeans yet.

RMR on October 12, 2007 at 10:08 PM

This story is, what?, over a year old? The Burning Bush Channel is just catching up? Great job, Brits!

Who cares?! After 9/11, whatever a pack of donkey herders think (if they even can) is immaterial. Who cares that the Beeb thinks?

The war between Islam and bipedalism is well established. This story is the biggest nothing in history.

thejackal on October 12, 2007 at 10:09 PM

This story is the biggest nothing in history.

I disagree. There is growing discontent with the PC requirement for Islam. It needs to be encouraged.

Connie on October 12, 2007 at 10:34 PM

I’m sure the BBC cleared the script with CAIR before it aired. I was only able to stomach about 15 minutes of it, the BBC was deep into apology for the Islamofascist that burned Denmark’s embassies around the globe.

Maxx on October 12, 2007 at 10:40 PM

Maxx on October 12, 2007 at 10:40 PM

There was no apology given. If anything, it highlighted the opposite.

Connie on October 12, 2007 at 11:02 PM

Son of a camel…

So the demonstrations were not “spontaneous” after all? The Koraniaks hadn’t even seen the cartoons? Funny, I thought they were portrayed as just that; a natural outpouring of wrathful dissolution over the torment brought by seeing the cartoons.

Muslim Sheiks and Clerics – waging war on an uninformed West.

T J Green on October 12, 2007 at 11:04 PM

I like how that Iranian professional demonstrator, just like UBL in a lot of his videos, is wearing a UNITED STATES patterned camouflage coat. If you hate the west so much, why wear our products? You both are going to h#!! for wearing infidel clothing!

Babs

I can’t wait for a plastic Al Gore statue to get torched. In fact I am surprised he doesnt already have a statue of himself in his front yard.

thejackal
You are so wrong! One of the reasons the world is in so much trouble, especially our country, is that people wont address the real issues out of fear of offending someone or because it might make them appear to agree with the politician they claim to hate.

El Guapo on October 12, 2007 at 11:10 PM

Every once in a while I think there may be some hope for Europe yet. If this war is going to be won for good I think it’s going to be won by civilians. Western civilians saying no to creeping Sharia, and Muslim civilians speaking out against the radicals among them and helping their religion crawl out of the dark ages.

I hope Europeans only let themselves be pushed so far, but time will tell I suppose.

BadgerHawk on October 12, 2007 at 11:41 PM

BadgerHawk

It won’t happen. They are the biggest pushovers anymore. Why do you think we had to save the world in WW2? Because they waited too long to react, and when they did, the enemy was to big and powerful and it was to late.

El Guapo on October 12, 2007 at 11:44 PM

So what?

Nonfactor on October 13, 2007 at 12:19 AM

If it takes a year and a half for them to screw up their courage and show some mere cartoons, they’re going to screw up a lot more in the meantime.

*~@):~{>

Intimidation
Sure
Looks
A
Method

profitsbeard on October 13, 2007 at 1:01 AM

True. But our own has seemingly done the same.

Connie on October 13, 2007 at 2:41 AM

There is a Texan who owns a farm next to a mosque near Katy. He has pig races every Friday at noon. Biiiiiigggg Malkins, that man. And a very good sense of humor.

Texas Nick 77 on October 13, 2007 at 6:11 AM

Re my comment: “This story is the biggest nothing in history.”

which prompted yours

Connie on October 12, 2007 at 10:34 PM

To clarify: “This story” = The VERY LATE AND VERY LAME BBC coverage of the cartoons. Not the cartoons per se.

As re the PC requirements in Islam, I agree with your position completely.

thejackal on October 13, 2007 at 9:18 AM

Well, better late than never, at least.
I am also pleasantly surprised that the reporter doesn’t seem to side with the Muslims. At the end of the clip he sadly comments on the additional loss of freedom to the Muslims and Political Correctness.

Lancer on October 13, 2007 at 11:59 AM

Meh, too little too late BBC, you may as well start packing your bags for your trip to the Islamo-fascist death camps!

Liberty or Death on October 13, 2007 at 2:16 PM

I know I’m a little late to chime in here, but this is finally journalism.
Credit where credit’s due, this guy actually followed up on a story.
Better late than never…that’s the story of my life. (sigh)

Brian the sailor on October 14, 2007 at 9:31 AM

Mo’ is a cartoon and a pedophile.

saved on October 14, 2007 at 2:18 PM