Video: The most Christiany candidate of them all

posted at 3:24 pm on October 11, 2007 by Allahpundit

Lots of religion on the site today, I know. Look at it this way: it’s either this or posts about robots or beta males. Or posts about robots and beta males.

A surprisingly amusing turn here from the Red State Update boys, made all the more surprising by the fact that for once it’s the chubby one without the beard who carries most of the comic load. Is Jackie Broyles the one true Christian in the race? Or, per the latest turn of events, does that distinction belong to Mitt?

Comments

Or, per the latest turn of events, does that distinction belong to Mitt?

Another good article:

That leaves just one person — Romney — as the obvious pick for the values party. If anything, the golly-gee guy is too perfect.

Mcguyver on October 11, 2007 at 3:30 PM

God will mess you up big time…more than any terrorists…

Comedy gold.

nailinmyeye on October 11, 2007 at 3:40 PM

I think I’d prefer the endless geek posts about robots and beta males. The endless circle jerk is annoying.

mjk on October 11, 2007 at 3:42 PM

Or, per the latest turn of events, does that distinction belong to Mitt?

Does this mean Mitt’s a ‘perfected Mormon’?

Brat on October 11, 2007 at 3:47 PM

AP’s going to keep on going with these posts until he’s got the Prebysterians and Baptists going after each other.

pedestrian on October 11, 2007 at 3:48 PM

Or, per the latest turn of events, does that distinction belong to Mitt?

To your dismay AP, and mine, by the time it’s over, that distinction will belong to Rudy, including kissing Mr. Dobson’s fanny.

Entelechy on October 11, 2007 at 3:52 PM

I’m a Christian…FU!

sabbott on October 11, 2007 at 3:57 PM

Hmmmmm. I sense a breakout by Mitt coming.

csdeven on October 11, 2007 at 4:04 PM

Hmm hope I spell his name right on my write in vote.
Is that Jacky with a ‘Y’ or and ‘IE’

LakeRuins on October 11, 2007 at 4:06 PM

I just find it heart-warming to know that AP’s boss puts up with religion-bashing. Not sure I would.

tizzidale on October 11, 2007 at 4:29 PM

I’ve got my shots so, I’m ready for robots and beta males and Nascar!

Kini on October 11, 2007 at 4:51 PM

“…ain’t that right New Orleans??”

YES! HA!!!

robblefarian on October 11, 2007 at 5:00 PM

and here I wuz startin’ to like you allah. I didn’t think this was funny on Townhall either. Y’all got a real low threshold for what’s humor. Or mebbe you’re just mad cause we don’t wanna jump on the RINO bandwagon for Rudy or Mitt!

Personally I ain’t goin’ fer no open-border candydate!

Ex-tex on October 11, 2007 at 5:18 PM

For the record, Allah, Moses, especially depicted with the Ten Commandments, is a Jewish icon, not Christian.

eclark1849 on October 11, 2007 at 5:23 PM

Even sports would have been better than that.

Maxx on October 11, 2007 at 5:31 PM

Wow. Was it really so bad? Why is everyone so pissed?

nailinmyeye on October 11, 2007 at 5:39 PM

The post link to robots and beta males makes sense when you take into account some(one)thing to bring you your beer, lite your smokes and clean up after you. And there’s no commandment about not coveting thy neighbors robot. A true beta male you would be!

Especially if that robot cylon look like Trica Helfer

Kini on October 11, 2007 at 5:45 PM

I’m an atheist with a little a, so I don’t understand any religious people at all except Muslims. I understand Muslims because there is no better religion in the world than Islam. Islam is the perfect religion. It gives people the excuse to do whatever they want.

But Christians are a puzzle to me. Mitt Romney is a Mormon, which is about the whackiest “religion” there is. How can Christians even think of voting for a man who believes is such bizarre stuff?

Does the average Christian even know the crazy things Mormons believe?

I don’t think they can know. And the Right is just as guilty of suppressing Romney’s Mormonism as the Left is of not reporting things.

Mormons are nuts, and I’d have a lot more respect for anyone running for President if they just pointed that out.

Or anybody on the right, for that matter. Has any conservative ever come out and said that Mormons are nuts? If they haven’t, why haven’t they?

Jaynie59 on October 11, 2007 at 6:08 PM

Does the average Christian even know the crazy things Mormons believe?

Jaynie59 on October 11, 2007 at 6:08 PM

Please do explain it to us! Inquiring Minds Wanna Know!

Kini on October 11, 2007 at 6:37 PM

Jaynie59 on October 11, 2007 at 6:08 PM

Yeah, I want to hear this.

opusrex on October 11, 2007 at 11:55 PM

Tell me what I believe, dumbass.

opusrex on October 11, 2007 at 11:56 PM

Tell me what I believe, dumbass.

opusrex on October 11, 2007 at 11:56 PM

It’s either this or Battle Star Gallactica….

TBinSTL on October 12, 2007 at 12:57 AM

Does the average Christian even know the crazy things Mormons believe?

Mojave Mark on October 12, 2007 at 1:57 AM

Jaynie59,

As a Christian, it is not my responsibility to attack another person’s faith. That is no way to hope to win them to your own. There are a great many things on which the Bible differs with LDS doctrines, and I will leave it at that.

As an American, it is not my responsibility to strive for a President who matches my belief system or worldview. I want a President who will obey the oath of office, to support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America, against all enemies, foreign and domestic. That is what a President promises to do, and if he does so honestly and faithfully, I’m not going to get too twisted up if he doesn’t take the Bible as literally as I do. I most certainly won’t support a candidate who is a strong Christian, but uses “their faith” to override the laws of the land and usurp powers not ceded to the presidency by the Constitution.

Rudy fails that test, and cannot get my vote. It isn’t because I find him the farthest from my brand of religion, but too far from the Constitution. My problems with Romney are not religious, but Constitutional.

I desperately wish that the conservative base would get on board with Hunter or Tancredo, as they are the two candidates most likely to work for the proper values and priorities, within the constraints of the powers given to the President by the Constitution. Since the masses allow the media to control who they think about, the best choice left remains Thompson.

One last thing. For someone who ducks the concept of the spiritual realm, to try and set one religion against another, is fairly low rent. That goes for AP as well, as often as he does so.

Freelancer on October 12, 2007 at 3:55 AM

Freelancer on October 12, 2007 at 3:55 AM

Ditto to the nth.

Freelancer was much more polite then I would have been.

Especially the last line. AP, you listening?

opusrex on October 12, 2007 at 10:14 AM

That was hilarious.

The rest of you are a bunch of babies. A collective “Lighten up, Francis” to all of you.

SouthernDem on October 12, 2007 at 10:28 AM