Video: Free-for-all over lefty smear of Young America’s Foundation

posted at 10:18 pm on October 11, 2007 by Allahpundit

It’s Jason Mattera, whom you’ll remember from his confrontation with Jack Murtha about Haditha, vs. Adam Kokesh, wringing a few more minutes of free publicity out of his obnoxious smear. Colmesy defends his boy with the tried and true lefty “satire” defense while Kokesh plays j’accuse with a list of Muslim-hating speakers — including, in his own nutroots-speak, the “Coultergeist” — which he claims YAF has invited to campus but which Mattera and fellow YAF member Sergio Gor deny. Savor the flavor of Colmesy and Rich Lowry warning them not to get personal with a guy who almost got them expelled under false pretenses.

Comments

So many nicknames and buzzwords in this post…I’ll have to go with Coultergeist as my favorite. Has anyone clawed their face off yet or traversed an ectological esophagus? What about scary clowns under the bed?!

Sir Loin on October 11, 2007 at 10:26 PM

On a serious note, Colmes’ satire defense has become a drinking game. Bottoms up!

Sir Loin on October 11, 2007 at 10:27 PM

the need to counter “Islamphobia” so we don’t equate Islam with terrorism.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm…………..Please to name some Methodist that is plotting to destroy a crucial part of American infrastructure. Lutheran. Presbyterian. Roman Catholic. Greek Orthodox Catholic.

Any takers? Fact of the matter is that not Muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are Muslims. Please don’t scream bigotry whenever Muslims are singled out so long as that faith alone seeks to destroy this nation by violent means. The minute somebody other than a young Muslim is behind an act of terrorism we can start in on discussing racial profiling. Until then, IMO, Muslims of a certain demographic are terrorists until proven otherwise.

highhopes on October 11, 2007 at 10:28 PM

That’s what makes the left so appealing: their blatant racism and their bigotry is excusable because they label it humor. I honestly can’t tell if they are dishonest or just idiots or both. Distasteful in the extreme.

Spirit of 1776 on October 11, 2007 at 10:31 PM

Skeletor cannot carry the show without Hannity. And he was absolutely disgraceful with the satire bit which Adam says was not the point.

CrimsonFisted on October 11, 2007 at 10:35 PM

I was flipping through the channels, when I stumbled upon the scene of four talking heads on the screen at once. It was so funny, because they were all talking at the same time due partly to the delay and partly because, well, that’s just the way that show is formatted. As soon as I hit the channel, my living room sounded like a middle school cafeteria. I laughed, turned it off, and read Curious George Goes Camping to my son.

Weight of Glory on October 11, 2007 at 10:35 PM

“Racist!” “Bigot!” They can’t win the debate, so they seek to disqualify their opponents from the debate.

ZRyan on October 11, 2007 at 10:36 PM

For those wondering, George saved the forest from the nefarious flame…he was then rewarded with roasted marshmallows.

Weight of Glory on October 11, 2007 at 10:38 PM

Good news! Glad to hear it

Spirit of 1776 on October 11, 2007 at 10:40 PM

I laughed, turned it off, and read Curious George Goes Camping to my son.

Weight of Glory on October 11, 2007 at 10:35 PM

Well done. What a waste of brain cells that show is.

Jaibones on October 11, 2007 at 10:40 PM

I am, once again, disappointed in Alan Colmes.

I had hoped that he would at least understand that slandering an organization by putting words into their mouth is completely unacceptable, even if he agrees with their message. Falsely attributing words to someone else is absolutely morally repugnant.

Instead, he falls back on this ridiculous “satire” defense.

If the shoe were on the other ideological foot, you know he’d be the first to accuse a conservative group of hate speech and slander. He’d be whining, saying “you put words into their mouth, and made it seem like they said things they didn’t say”.

Unbelievable.

Hawkins1701 on October 11, 2007 at 10:41 PM

Unbelievable.

Hawkins1701 on October 11, 2007 at 10:41 PM

Oh, come now. I believe it; you believe it. Colmes has lowered the bar to a level that a drunk can stumble over.

Jaibones on October 11, 2007 at 10:43 PM

Here is the next step

Weight of Glory on October 11, 2007 at 10:48 PM

Yeah, you’re right Jailbones. I do believe it.

Trouble is, Colmes once in a blue moon manages to make sense on something, such as his opposition to the Fairness Doctrine. (At least he’s opposed to it, although he doesn’t believe it’s an attempt to stifle free speech. Brilliant.) I kid myself into thinking it will happen again, and that he will apply the same standards to conservatives that he would to liberals.

In case you’re wondering, that buzz from the ten martinis is really kicking in now.

Hawkins1701 on October 11, 2007 at 10:51 PM

Adam Kokesh had his head handed to him!

The two YAF representatives kicked his behind, but good, but no one will even notice, or acknowledge, how absurd, dishonest, foolish, and ignorant Kokesh came off in that appearance.

I loved how Kokesh and Alan Colmes gave a pass to their behavior, faking a racist, bigoted, false “flyer” in order to disgrace YAF and the people who were invited to speak.

Did anyone learn that the anti-Islamofscism gathering is includes Muslims who don’t normally have a voice, and who wish to express their distaste for Muslim Jihadis?

Did anyone learn that this is an inclusive venue through which the Truth can get out about Islamofascism as compared to those who oppose them, including other Muslims?

I am appalled at Alan Colmes’ bullying, overtalking others, pushing a few talking points he has written down in just the right manner so that the person who he interrupted has not time or opportunity to counter his often inaccurate claims, a tactic which Colmes employs quite often.

Has our nation become a giant psyche ward in which the idiots are rewarded for their insanity, in this case the people who created the phony, nasty flyer which they clearly intended to represent the sponsors of the event and falsely disgrace the event sponsors, while the sane, level headed, compassionate, informed, concerned individuals are the ones who are demonized and reprimanded?

I love also how the representatives of GYU expressed outrage over the flyer and their intention to suspend and punish the YAF, who they thought created the flyer, but I have heard none of this outrage when it was discovered that left wing nuts who should be wrapped into a straight jacket and locked inside a mental hospital inside a padded room.

Yes, there IS a double standard on campus and in the Main Steam News Media, and it involves bias and misrepresentation against Conservatives!

William

William2006 on October 11, 2007 at 10:57 PM

Hawkins1701 on October 11, 2007 at 10:51 PM

TEN! Goodness man! Don’t stand next to any open flames!

Weight of Glory on October 11, 2007 at 10:58 PM

At least Allison and this Adam fellow are being honest about the facts.

abinitioadinfinitum on October 11, 2007 at 10:58 PM

I am, once again, disappointed in Alan Colmes

Don’t you understand the dynamic here?

FNC hired Alan Colmes to be the liberal. It’s disappeared from the website now but when the program was formulated, Hannity was almost immediately hired as the “conservative” but the role of “liberal” was long cast as LNL (liberal to be named later). Hannity is second only to Rush in talk radio and does the FNC show. Colmes isn’t even pretty and has a mediocre radio show. This is hardly a partnership of equals.

I don’t know what Colmes true views are but when it comes to his public persona, the man HAS to be the raging liberal who defends all this stuff in the role of “LNL”

highhopes on October 11, 2007 at 11:01 PM

…he was then rewarded with roasted marshmallows.

Weight of Glory on October 11, 2007 at 10:38 PM

Lafcadio T. Lion is jealous.

Connie on October 11, 2007 at 11:03 PM

I get it. It’s satire and the only ones SMART enough to
get it are libs. When they’re not name callin. . .

Well , Blow me down.

Texyank on October 11, 2007 at 11:06 PM

I laughed, turned it off, and read Curious George Goes Camping to my son.

Time infinitely better spent.

Bob's Kid on October 11, 2007 at 11:11 PM

Don’t you understand the dynamic here?

highhopes on October 11, 2007 at 11:01 PM

Of course I understand the dynamic.

I just hoped that, even as liberal, Alan wouldn’t condone, certainly not defend, an organization putting out a fake flyer to slander another group. I had hoped that he would at least tell them that the end does not justify the means, even if he agrees with them.

Obviously, that hope was dashed.

Hawkins1701 on October 11, 2007 at 11:14 PM

Jason Mattera is much hotter than Adam Kokesh. Sadly, this is an important political point.

thuja on October 11, 2007 at 11:20 PM

Hawkins1701 on October 11, 2007 at 11:14 PM

Sorry Hawk but I question if you have even seen the show or heard the radio program. Colmes whole role is to defend the left no matter how offensive they are. He NEVER parts from the DNC talking points. That’s what makes him a second stringer while Sean Hannity has a career. Colmes is a one-note while Hannity explores the issues.

highhopes on October 11, 2007 at 11:33 PM

I laughed, turned it off, and read Curious George Goes Camping to my son.

Weight of Glory on October 11, 2007 at 10:35 PM

I feel cheated, I love Curious George Goes Camping…

doriangrey on October 11, 2007 at 11:33 PM

Again, Alan, you dolt. Islam is not a RACE, therefore the term is not racist.

tickleddragon on October 11, 2007 at 11:42 PM

Again, Alan, you dolt. Islam is not a RACE, therefore the term is not racist.

tickleddragon on October 11, 2007 at 11:42 PM

Why are you letting that bother you?

doriangrey on October 11, 2007 at 11:46 PM

This is hardly a partnership of equals.

highhopes on October 11, 2007 at 11:01 PM

I think they’re equals.

Hannity takes about 2 minutes to ask a question, almost always going through some laundry list of incredulious offenses with his fingers.

Colmes takes about 2 minutes to ask about 30 questions, none of which are even serious and none of which are even worthy to answer.

VinceP1974 on October 12, 2007 at 12:00 AM

“Coultergeist”

Ugh, that was so lame… But I could almost hear the Kos kids all sitting in their dorm rooms cheering like a Daily Show audience after attack on Bush #237 of the night. Seriously, these people are so pathetic with these names and you know they were all sitting home playing a little 5 against 1 while they listened to it, it’s just what does it for ‘em.

RightWinged on October 12, 2007 at 12:09 AM

Newt is right. People need to get over this nonsense

Kini on October 12, 2007 at 1:08 AM

So when is this scumbag Cockitch going to be expelled?

As I recall, the University was threatening to expel the bastards that made those posters.

Oh, I forget. It’s OK if it’s done by the ideological children of Marx, Stalin and Adolf Hitler.

Misha I on October 12, 2007 at 1:14 AM

So when is this scumbag Cockitch going to be expelled?

Misha I on October 12, 2007 at 1:14 AM

I’m leaning towards the likelihood that he won’t be expelled, and that (as always) conservatives will sit politely while he goes virtually unpunished.

But here’s what’s odd beyond that… If the YAF had actually made the posters, Kokash and friends would be screaming “bigot!” and demanding YAF and any students involved with them be thrown off campus. Yet they’re already trying to lay the groundwork for a “free speech” defense for themselves. So to be clear, you can’t attack a group (all Muslims in this case) unless you’re doing it to trick a campus in to believing your political enemies were the ones who made the posters. Liberal logic, people.

RightWinged on October 12, 2007 at 1:21 AM

I found it funny when the leftard complained his buddy couldn’ be on the show.

Because you know, the viewer is missing out with only 5 people talking over each other.

These kind of shows annoy the f out of me, if they can’t keep people from talking over each other then why the hell invite so many people on.

And finally, did Alan Colmes think that maybe he should have come up with more than just one question to ask over and over and over, pretending to not know it was answered each time. No wonder he seems to never learn anything.

VinceP1974 on October 12, 2007 at 1:26 AM

That looked like political Brady Bunch

hinduconservative on October 12, 2007 at 2:03 AM

Again, Alan, you dolt. Islam is not a RACE, therefore the term is not racist.

tickleddragon on October 11, 2007 at 11:42 PM

Why are you letting that bother you?

doriangrey on October 11, 2007 at 11:46 PM

Well, as a logophile, the misuse and misunderstanding of the meaning of words make me nuts. WORDS.MEAN.SOMETHING. We’re letting ignorant people misuse words against us.
Sorry…it’s a peeve. What can I say?

tickleddragon on October 12, 2007 at 2:05 AM

Oh, all of this bothers me, but I see everyone else has been quite eloquent in discussing it, so I didn’t really have anything new to contribute besides my vent about words.

;)

tickleddragon on October 12, 2007 at 2:07 AM

‘Why not call them terrorist.” Well because Islamo-Facism has more to do than bombing busses or blowing yourself up to get laid in the here-after. It’s all things Sharia, Burka, genital mutilation . . .

- The Cat

MirCat on October 12, 2007 at 3:52 AM

I agree with Kokesh. We are not fighting islamo-fascism. 1500 hundred years of violence, oppression and atrocities proves we are fighting islam.

peacenprosperity on October 12, 2007 at 6:53 AM

And when Ann Coulter does “over the top satire” Alan Colmes doesn’t seem to get it.

ctmom on October 12, 2007 at 7:19 AM

Sorry…it’s a peeve. What can I say?

Amen. And more power to ya ;-)

Ochlan on October 12, 2007 at 8:12 AM

With a little tweaking, that flyer would be fine.

JiangxiDad on October 12, 2007 at 8:51 AM

It’s too bad that Rich Lowry had to propose the high ground position of good form and Mattera couldn’t even acknowledge that. You don’t need to attack Kokesh. Attack his views. Sheesh.

These YAF representatives were terrible. Rich Lowry had to carry the water for them. Lowry’s question was spot on. What, Mr. Kokesh, is the proper word to describe a group of people with a political objective to install a religious regime that doesn’t even have popular support?

So far as I can tell, Islamism is the marriage of Salafis with corporate profit seeking interests.

gabriel sutherland on October 12, 2007 at 9:37 AM

I was visiting my sister in DC when I saw this story on the local news. The minute we saw it (and on Channel NBC4 it was the top story – over all of the murders and bodies found that day) we looked at eachother and said, “A liberal did it.” Which turns out to be true ~ and because a liberal did it, they will get away with it without any penalty.

foxforce91 on October 12, 2007 at 10:25 AM

Liberals can’t be racist no matter what they do or say. After all, they don’t FEEL racist….

max1 on October 12, 2007 at 10:29 AM

The irony is that the idiot who did this (who was on H&C last night) called David Horowitz a bigot. They call names all over the place because they don’t have the brains to argue facts. Perhaps if they took real college courses instead of paper mache, puppetry 101 – you know – classes that don’t give you credit for protesting – they might actually learn something and not have to resort to infantile means.

foxforce91 on October 12, 2007 at 11:13 AM

thuja on October 11, 2007 at 11:20 PM

No, I noticed that, too. Liberal men are weenies and thus not attractive generally speaking. Even when I was a liberal, (and I was the worst kind of libtard – the kind without facts that called names, hence I know of what I speak,) I preferred conservative men. Why? Because they look and act like men. I always used to say, “If I want to date a woman, I’ll date a woman.” But yeah ~ important political point here.

foxforce91 on October 12, 2007 at 11:19 AM

Islam is not a race!

Kokesh’s poster introduced race by stereotypically depicting a Muslim as, of course, a robed Arab.

Liberals actually do what they accuse others of.

T J Green on October 12, 2007 at 11:21 AM

highhopes says:

Muslims of a certain demographic are terrorists until proven otherwise.

Is no one going to call him on this?

Mark Jaquith on October 12, 2007 at 2:44 PM

Is no one going to call him on this?

Mark Jaquith on October 12, 2007 at 2:44 PM

My political correctness index is way down today. Feel free to take a stab at it. I don’t know for sure that it will blow up in your face . . .

Muslims of a certain demographic are terrorists until proven otherwise.

With the underwhelming outcry from the Muslim community over the terrorist problem I find it impossible to make any other assumption.

DannoJyd on October 12, 2007 at 3:57 PM

gabriel sutherland on October 12, 2007 at 9:37 AM

I’ve never yelled at the computer so loud as I did during that part. I keep saying this over and over. It’s the Ann Coulter Syndrome. Don’t name call or get upset because it’s beneath us on the Right. In the meantime, their character and reputations are being slandered. Damm straight if someone says something horrible about me I’m coming back at them. I think Rep. Oddo puts it just about right! You dork, Mr. Rich Lowry, while you’re busy making sure your side doesn’t say anything “personal”, the man can’t get his point out. It gets turned into this segment about accusing YAF of racism for using the term Islamofascist. Just remember Rich, next time a Republican Presidential Candidate who uses the term Islamofacism gets called racist we have you to thank for that! These guys are so busy getting reprimanded for using Islamofacism and not playing nice in the sandbox THE MAIN POINT GETS COMPLETELY OVERLOOKED. Angers me to no end stupid righty pundits. Sean would never have let that go down like that! THE POINT: The manufactured a racist poster and attributed it to people who had nothing to do with it. They slandered and lied!

Oh yea, I forgot. It was just a joke like Ann Coulter’s rag-head. BTW ~ how many speakers said racist things? Zero, including the non-invited AC? Hmmm… too bad that didn’t get a real good play. Now what’s the excuse?

Sultry Beauty on October 12, 2007 at 5:08 PM

Hmmm . . . Rich Lowry–the same guy that kicked Ann Coulter off National Review for pointing out that we should invade their countries and convert them to Christianity. And Rich Lowry–the same guy that kicked me off National Review because I exposed Grover Norquist’s, Darrell Issa’s, and Suhail Khan’s pan-Islamist ties to terrorists, and Suhail asked him to remove the entirely factual piece (Lowry admitted the piece was entirely factual, but pulled the piece a month after it ran at the request of Khan and the White House “because they asked us to”). And Rich Lowry–the same guy that kowtowed to CAIR and wouldn’t run the NRO ad written by Robert Spencer for the book on Islam. Is that the same guy as this Rich Lowry? Why, yes, it is.

Debbie Schlussel on October 12, 2007 at 5:53 PM