Time for another creepy, alarming collectivist ad lib from Hillary

posted at 4:20 pm on October 11, 2007 by Allahpundit

As I said once before, for all her vaunted message discipline and coolness under fire at the debates, it’s amazing how often ominous, outsized statist soundbites slip casually into her rhetoric. Has Obama ever said anything as cartoonish as this?

She defended that decision yesterday, saying she is focusing on proposals with more political support and she is not formally proposing anything she can’t fund without increasing the deficit: “I have a million ideas. The country can’t afford them all.”

Has he ever promised businesses he’ll try “to take those profits” or Americans that he’ll “take things away from you for the common good”? (The “we’re-all-in-it-together society” is more up his alley.) I’m willing to accept that her natural inclinations aren’t this grotesquely confiscatory — well, no, I’m not, really — but if they aren’t, why does she so often suggest that tendency, and so memorably, in her speech?

The country may not be able to afford all her ideas but it sounds like they’re willing to try.

Comments

Hey looky….the RNC has the Spend-o-Meter up & running.

ChrisM on October 11, 2007 at 4:24 PM

Nice, you used the new picture!

Verbal Abuse on October 11, 2007 at 4:24 PM

Hitlery is a good, old-fashioned marxist. All she’s trying to do is buy the election with promises of cradle-to-grave government. If she gets elected, we’re all in trouble. I heard today she wants to guarantee everyone national broadband internet. What’s next? Give everyone a computer? This is nuts. The GOP really needs to start hammering this message over and over or she will win.

jdawg on October 11, 2007 at 4:25 PM

This Marxist stuff scares me, the fact that there are significant numbers of people buying into it scare the hell out of me.

Bad Candy on October 11, 2007 at 4:26 PM

Same way Howard Dean looked at this time in 03′

Pam on October 11, 2007 at 4:27 PM

Hey looky….the RNC has the Spend-o-Meter up & running.

ChrisM on October 11, 2007 at 4:24 PM

Nice, I wish the GOP elite would show a little discipline and not try and emulate her reckless spending for once.

Bad Candy on October 11, 2007 at 4:27 PM

ChrisM on October 11, 2007 at 4:24 PM

Yeah, now they need to break that down to what it will cost for every man, woman and child in the country to pay for this – and she’s only beginning.

jdawg on October 11, 2007 at 4:29 PM

didn’t rangel propose a 1 trillion dollar tax increase today too?

lorien1973 on October 11, 2007 at 4:30 PM

Correct me if I’m wrong, but assuming 300 million people in the US, and a projected debt of 724 billion, this would cost over 2,400.00 for every man, woman, and child in the country. Good grief.

jdawg on October 11, 2007 at 4:32 PM

How can anyone support her is beyond me.

Brian on October 11, 2007 at 4:32 PM

it’ll all be financed with a 45 cent tax on cigarettes, jdawg. don’t worry, you wont be affected!

lorien1973 on October 11, 2007 at 4:33 PM

Vote for Hillary: iPhones for all!

stonemeister on October 11, 2007 at 4:33 PM

“I have a million ideas. The country can’t afford them all any of them.”

Needed some serious fixin.

fogw on October 11, 2007 at 4:33 PM

How anyone can support her is beyond me.

~ sorry can’t type and think at the same time.

Brian on October 11, 2007 at 4:35 PM

Bad Candy on October 11, 2007 at 4:27 PM

Hillary isn’t reckless…her policies will wreck the whole country!

stonemeister on October 11, 2007 at 4:35 PM

lorien1973 on October 11, 2007 at 4:33 PM

heh heh. Maybe she’ll sign an executive order requiring everyone to start smoking at least two packs a day… AND, she’ll have a gov’t program to help the “poor” buy cigarrettes… ;-}

jdawg on October 11, 2007 at 4:36 PM

Perfect opportunity for one of those guys with an (R) beside their name to turn this back on her:
“And the country can’t afford to have you as President.”

Brat on October 11, 2007 at 4:37 PM

Here’s your winning debate line. And why no one ever uses it is beyond me…

I agree that government should provide health care to everyone. I agree that prices are out of control. But this government already wastes about $300 billion every year in fraud in its current programs as well as over $40 billion per year in pork projects. Don’t you think we should straighten out our current programs before getting the government involved in new ones?

Game over.

lorien1973 on October 11, 2007 at 4:37 PM

“And the country can’t afford to have you as President.”

Brat on October 11, 2007 at 4:37 PM

Game over.

lorien1973 on October 11, 2007 at 4:37 PM

Agree with both y’all. If the GOP did that, it’d be great. But, unfortunately, the GOP isn’t what it used to be. (sigh)

jdawg on October 11, 2007 at 4:39 PM

Who is John Galt?

ncc770 on October 11, 2007 at 4:40 PM

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!
Lol

Defector01 on October 11, 2007 at 4:40 PM

lorien1973 on October 11, 2007 at 4:33 PM

Just did a bit of quick math – assuming a .45 tax per pack of cigarettes , every man, woman, and child in the country would have to purchase over 5333 packs per year (roughly 14.6 packs per day) to cover this. Wow. That amounts to over 65.00 per day (assuming a price of 4.50 per pack – more or less in some areas, and different brands). This could be fun.

jdawg on October 11, 2007 at 4:46 PM

All this “free” stuff that actually costs billions (but the sheeple don’t realize it) reminds me of something my dearly departed used to say when I was growing up and I asked her for $

“What did you do with the dime I gave you yesterday?!”

Brat on October 11, 2007 at 4:46 PM

jdawg on October 11, 2007 at 4:46 PM

I can see the commercials now – Hillary wants your child to consume 14 packs of cigarettes a day to pay for her programs…

Yes, this could be fun

jdawg on October 11, 2007 at 4:47 PM

Einstein, whereve he is “Wt-, who does she think she is?”

Entelechy on October 11, 2007 at 4:48 PM

jdawg on October 11, 2007 at 4:46 PM

That’s why we need all the illegal immigrants. They better be puffin’ their fair share of cigarettes!

See; there is a master plan at work here.

lorien1973 on October 11, 2007 at 4:49 PM

Hey looky….the RNC has the Spend-o-Meter up & running.

What’s better is the RNC having the gall to call themselves “fiscal conservatives”

And that’s the problem. Republicans can’t even -claim- to be for lower spending anymore.

lorien1973 on October 11, 2007 at 4:50 PM

And people are not mollycoddled by the government.

— Ayaan Hirsi Ali, a real lady

Entelechy on October 11, 2007 at 4:51 PM

jdawg on October 11, 2007 at 4:25 PM

Hey, what about Michigan wanting to give out free ipods to poor kids so they won’t have bad self-esteem?

JiangxiDad on October 11, 2007 at 4:51 PM

Mitt does not have the meaness to fight this beast, It will be a knock down drag-out for sure, and we need someone who will not be afraid to throw this woman to the mat for the 10 count.

bbz123 on October 11, 2007 at 4:51 PM

lorien1973 on October 11, 2007 at 4:37 PM

I totally agree with this.

Bad Candy on October 11, 2007 at 4:55 PM

Lets not forget the $5000 she wants to “redistribute” to each of the “children”. Sounds like she’s been talking w/ Ernesto Chavez.

2theright on October 11, 2007 at 4:57 PM

Shows how bad off the Republican party is that we can’t just wipe the floor with this woman. It should be so easy! If there were any logic in politics, people would be running screaming from her and her tax-and-spend-and-spend-and-spend-and-tax policies. She must be putting crack in all the major cities’ water supplies. That might explain why so many people think it’s such a great idea to give the government even more of their hard-earned money to buy votes with.

aero on October 11, 2007 at 4:59 PM

So Lock Up Your Money
Lock Up Your Life
Lock Up Your Testicles and Run for Your Life
The Woman is Back in Town
So Don’t You Mess Around

Kini on October 11, 2007 at 5:01 PM

See; there is a master plan at work here.

lorien1973 on October 11, 2007 at 4:49 PM

Heh. Wonder how many packs 13 million illegals can smoke per day to pay for this?

jdawg on October 11, 2007 at 5:05 PM

Saul Alinsky, Hilly’s mentor, rules for radicals.

RULE 5: “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions. (Pretty crude, rude and mean, huh? They want to create anger and fear.)

RULE 12: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions. (This is cruel, but very effective. Direct, personalized criticism and ridicule works.)

Goes both ways Hilly, we read the book! You….

Speakup on October 11, 2007 at 5:06 PM

JiangxiDad on October 11, 2007 at 4:51 PM

Yeah. I think that’s one of the things Mitt was referring to in the recent debate. No wonder Michigan’s going downhill real fast. Now, just imagine that across the whole country…

jdawg on October 11, 2007 at 5:06 PM

What’s next? Give everyone a computer?

jdawg on October 11, 2007 at 4:25 PM

Yeah, probably. However, the Komrade Klinton Komputer will be a system equivalent to a early 1990′s 386 and will cost the taxpayers $5,000 each. Additionally, there will be a “gap” for taxpayers that make less than $97k/year (since $97k-200k is “middle class” according to Komrade Klinton) where you will be forced to buy it out of pocket–whether you want one or not–as well as contribute to buy somebody else’s (similar to her “plan” to save Social Security).
Furthermore, it will be a felony to sell a Komputer outside of the Ministry of Kommunications Komputer Benefit Program, even if you can offer a much better one at a fraction of the price.

Wow, sounds just like HillaryCare!

mojojojo on October 11, 2007 at 5:07 PM

“And the country can’t afford to have you as President.”

Good one! The Republicans need to hammer this message home everyday. Hillary is a socialist at heart. Hillary Care, 5k babies and 401(k)’s (of course using ssn money for 401k was such a bad idea.

Soon we will be paying the illegals legal bills to get legal, the birthing bills for the $5k anchors and throw in a vacation back home to stay connected with the culture they didn’t want to begin with…..

jimwesty on October 11, 2007 at 5:08 PM

Nothing, a little girl,her dog a house and twister can’t cure.

Speakup on October 11, 2007 at 5:08 PM

aero on October 11, 2007 at 4:59 PM

Yeah, and if worms carried shotguns, birds wouldn’t eat them.

“If” can be a mighty big word, huh?

jdawg on October 11, 2007 at 5:08 PM

Yeah, probably. However, the Komrade Klinton Komputer will be a system equivalent to a early 1990’s 386 and will cost the taxpayers $5,000 each. Additionally, there will be a “gap” for taxpayers that make less than $97k/year (since $97k-200k is “middle class” according to Komrade Klinton) where you will be forced to buy it out of pocket–whether you want one or not–as well as contribute to buy somebody else’s (similar to her “plan” to save Social Security).

Wow, sounds just like HillaryCare!

mojojojo on October 11, 2007 at 5:07 PM

LOL!!! I had one of those machines – had a whopping 640 K of RAM, two 5 1/4 in floppy drives, and a killer EGA card!!! Yeah, that does sound like a gov’t supplied machine, for sure.

jdawg on October 11, 2007 at 5:10 PM

jimwesty on October 11, 2007 at 5:08 PM

SHHHHH – Don’t give ‘em any ideas, please.

jdawg on October 11, 2007 at 5:11 PM

I heard she was late for a fund raiser today, some straws fell off her ride and she had already stopped two clocks.

Speakup on October 11, 2007 at 5:11 PM

Next up:
Hillary sez “Free de-humidifiers for all Americans!”

Brat on October 11, 2007 at 5:13 PM

I’m holding out for puppies and ponies.

ctmom on October 11, 2007 at 5:24 PM

Hillary clearly knows how to woo the vital “Idjit Vote.”

aero on October 11, 2007 at 5:28 PM

A Chicken Hawk in every Pot.

Kini on October 11, 2007 at 5:36 PM

Wow, up close she has some yukky teeth. Does HilaryCare include dental?

ctmom on October 11, 2007 at 5:37 PM

These are just tiny snippets of Hillary the Hectorer. They are Freudian slips, and the musings of her Inner Comrade. But just wait until she sits behind the big desk.

bosteed on October 11, 2007 at 5:40 PM

How viable would it be to, instead of talking about how much it will cost (since people never see their taxes anyway), to talk about how they wil lose their freedoms?

I.e., if she provides “free” broadband, then there won’t be any companies who can compete with the government brand broadband, and then you won’t be able to switch broadband companies–even when the services gets unbearably slow and unresponsive, as it inevitably will. Evidence? See utilities, cable, pre-de-regulation phone co.s, post office, driver’s licenses, etc, etc, etc.

urbancenturion on October 11, 2007 at 5:42 PM

I have peered into my crystal ball and must tell you that Hillary will lose to either Giuliani or Romney. Her negatives are 40%. She has to convince ALL the undecideds to vote to her and that’s not gonna happen.

And expect the Democrats to accuse us of cheating again when the vote turns against her massively.

Tantor on October 11, 2007 at 5:45 PM

She desperately needs some veneers.

frreal on October 11, 2007 at 5:52 PM

And we can finance this new program to help the poor buy cigarettes with an additional 45 cent tax on cigarettes. It will be brilliant!

But, yeah, it would be a Hell of a lot easier to fight her on this stuff if the GOP had demonstrated some fiscal discipline over the last six and one half years. Thanks, Mr. President!

By the way, will Hillary Derangement Syndrom be covered under the new system? I feel it coming on.

Kensington on October 11, 2007 at 6:01 PM

Please keep it up, Hillary. This is the sort of stuff that’s going to win it for us. I can already see this in a Republican ad next September. I hope there’s video.

jaime on October 11, 2007 at 6:13 PM

Does she smoke? If she doesn’t she must drink a LOT of coffee. YIKES!

SouthernGent on October 11, 2007 at 6:19 PM

Kensington on October 11, 2007 at 6:01 PM

I think they’re called “re-education camps”

jdawg on October 11, 2007 at 6:20 PM

Southerngent…..just what I was thinking! She MUST be a smoker, gawd what hideous teeth! Has she not heard of teeth whiteners? Sheesh, with ‘all’ their money one would think she would use some to attend to those choppers!

dustoffmom on October 11, 2007 at 6:54 PM

Has Obama ever said anything as cartoonish as this?

“Air raiding villages”?

Claiming Bloody Sunday lead to his birth (even though he was 4 years old when they took place)?

Making a political issue out of wearing the flag pin, and accusing anyone who does wear one of being falsely patriotic?

RightWinged on October 11, 2007 at 7:45 PM

jdawg on October 11, 2007 at 4:25 PM

I don’t disagre with your statement overall but calling her “Hitlery” doesn’t help our cause all that much. Hilldawg is much more preferable! ;)

Yakko77 on October 11, 2007 at 9:16 PM

When did 3 TRILLION dollars become “not enough”. And that my friends is just the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. I am sick of taxes. there is no NEED for most of these programs. Social Security? I thought that was what children were for to provide for their parents in old age. Medicare? Didn’t big companies pay pensions and healthcare before NAFTA? Drugs? Why must this country pay for the rest of the wrold”s generic drugs? forgein aid? please they should be paying us for defense. The poor? Please go get a job and work for your money. If you can’t feed yourself and your kids then you starve. That I have learned is a very powerful incentive to go and work from personal experience. Unempolyment insurance? Again go get a job. Dig a ditch, flip burgers, whatever it takes to provide for yourself.

I do not need nor do I want the government to take care of me , my parents nor my children. I have insurance to pay for a loss of a job, I have insurance to pay for unexpected illness or death, I have insurance to pay for car accidents, and I have insurance to pay for long term care incase I or my parents require it. Does this cost money? Yes. Is it the governments responsibility to provide for my retirement or illness? No.

the less power the governemnt has over me and my family the freer I am. The government wants nothing from you but your money/skill/and productivity for their own power. Do not give it to them.

unseen on October 11, 2007 at 10:15 PM

Hillary is a frightening brownshirt. I think Hitlery is apt. She even turns on her own when they ask her hard questions like that guy last weekend.

I dont know how any self respecting person can vote for her based on what she and her husband have done already. How much is it gonna take?

dogsoldier on October 11, 2007 at 10:16 PM

AAAH that photo…I have been scarred for life.

Sir Loin on October 11, 2007 at 10:29 PM

Yakko77 on October 11, 2007 at 9:16 PM

I’m not PC, you call her what you want, I’ll call her Hitlery. And I do it with very good reason. She’s every bit the socialist Hitler was, and God help this country if she wins.

jdawg on October 12, 2007 at 11:22 AM