Ramzi Yousef converts to Christianity?

posted at 2:20 pm on October 11, 2007 by Allahpundit

And here I thought Mark Sanford’s profession of devotion was going to be the biggest of the day.

Robert Hood, [Supermax] warden from 2002 to 2005, says Yousef was a special case. He never left his cell because he did not want to face the indignity of a strip search required for recreation. “He has that Charlie Manson look,” says Hood of Yousef. “He has some charisma about him. He’s in [prison] uniform, but you know that there’s a powerful person you’re looking at,” Hood says. Told that Yousef has begun leaving his cell and now claims to be a Christian, Hood says, “He’s playing a game with someone. If he’s doing that, he’s doing it for the reaction….He is the real deal,” he tells Pelley. As a Muslim, Yousef prayed almost every hour, remembers Hood.

Why would he claim to be a Christian if he’s not? Yeah, it might get him out of his cell a little more often but it’s a tremendous propaganda defeat for the jihad. If he’s still secretly the Islamist killbot we know him to be, it’s hard to believe he’d lie about that for any reason let alone for some marginal recreation time.

Here’s a nice passage, too. It seems like almost every time a terror plot unravels in Europe, one or more of the members turns out to have been on the dole. Hirsi Ali mentions that explicitly in the Reason interview I linked earlier, about how Theo Van Gogh’s killer could spend his time plotting murder because the European welfare wagon left him with plenty of free time. Bad habits die hard, or don’t die at all — even in Supermax:

Pelley also speaks with a corrections officer inside ADX-Florence, who tells him what she heard on 9/11 after terrorist prisoners saw the destruction on their televisions. “We had a lot of them jump up and down. …scream and yell and clap and they were very excited,” says Barbara Batulis, who heads the prison’s staff union. She also characterizes the Muslim extremists as needy. “They want more than what they have coming,” she says. “They want extra toilet paper…writing paper…extra envelopes and if you can’t give them, they want to see a supervisor right then and there.”

I’ll never get over their sense of entitlement vis-a-vis a culture they despise and are working to destroy. Pride alone, if nothing else, should lead them to ask for nothing and accept nothing from the infidel.

Exit question: Which denomination does Yousef belong to now? I wonder.

Comments

Exit question: Which denomination does Yousef belong to now? I wonder.

The jailed one.

Limerick on October 11, 2007 at 2:23 PM

One word…….Taqiya.

doriangrey on October 11, 2007 at 2:24 PM

It’s a hoax. He’s just smarter than the people around him.

natesnake on October 11, 2007 at 2:25 PM

so does that make him a christian terrorist?

;)

zane on October 11, 2007 at 2:25 PM

I’m skeptical.

Spirit of 1776 on October 11, 2007 at 2:25 PM

yep, just heard about it on drudge. How random

infidelesto on October 11, 2007 at 2:25 PM

I think he’s gotten to be buddies with Westboro Baptist…

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on October 11, 2007 at 2:26 PM

If he’s an evangelical he gets 40 “Second Virgins” when he dies now.

chrisro on October 11, 2007 at 2:28 PM

Did you see that pig flying?

Wade on October 11, 2007 at 2:28 PM

One word…….Taqiya.

Yeah, but why? What’s the angle?

Allahpundit on October 11, 2007 at 2:29 PM

I’m skeptical too, but if it is true, it would be a very significant blow to the jihad, as you said AP.

CP on October 11, 2007 at 2:29 PM

Why would he claim to be a Christian if he’s not?

Not sure. Granted, they’re told to lie, but he’s not getting out any time soon and certainly can’t help the effort by not leaving his cell. He wouldn’t do it for recreation, because the article says he doesn’t leave it much now, so he doesn’t need to be searched.

Very strange, very random…

amerpundit on October 11, 2007 at 2:30 PM

One word…….Taqiya.
doriangrey on October 11, 2007 at 2:24 PM

My thoughts exactly. It’s not my place to judge whether his conversion is sincere or not, however given this doctrine of Taqiya within the Qur’an I think that is sufficient justification to have reservations about the authenticity of this act.

df4jc on October 11, 2007 at 2:31 PM

Yeah, but why? What’s the angle?

To gain attention and then one day yell GOTCHA!!!

It’s demoralizing.

natesnake on October 11, 2007 at 2:31 PM

Hey, if Jeff Dahmer can do it…

see-dubya on October 11, 2007 at 2:32 PM

Yeah, but why? What’s the angle?
Allahpundit on October 11, 2007 at 2:29 PM

Self-preservation. It’s prevalent in Islamic history.

df4jc on October 11, 2007 at 2:33 PM

Think Coulter’s remarks on religion might even trump Yousef’s.

JiangxiDad on October 11, 2007 at 2:34 PM

Let’s not forget that the punishment for apostasy is death under Islamic law. Yousef must know that is the case, and therefore I’d remain skeptical that he has indeed converted unless he is doing so to further his own agenda in some fashion (perhaps additional perks while behind bars) via taqiya.

lawhawk on October 11, 2007 at 2:35 PM

Will Dingy Harry get to hate him now?

bbz123 on October 11, 2007 at 2:36 PM

Yeah, but why? What’s the angle?

Maybe he thinks we’ll let him out. Similarly to those Palestinian goons that require a conversion to Islam? Or maybe so he can later say he was forced to convert?

bj1126 on October 11, 2007 at 2:36 PM

I call bullshit

Pulchritudinous Patriot on October 11, 2007 at 2:37 PM

Maybe he wants death. It’s not like he has a whole lot to look forward to in Supermax…

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on October 11, 2007 at 2:38 PM

Reason?????….

Look at Bionic Woman last night…….the Gov’t can ‘see’ everything she sees…..her response….’I'll call Hillary Clinton, she will get to the bottom of this!’….

He is hoping for a pardon from the next admin.

Limerick on October 11, 2007 at 2:39 PM

Offer him a BLT or hot dog. If he eats it maybe he has converted. I doubt he eats it.

bopbottle on October 11, 2007 at 2:40 PM

Yeah, but why? What’s the angle?

Manipulation of the system, perhaps. A message to those on the outside of forced conversion?

Kini on October 11, 2007 at 2:40 PM

I question the timing.

thejackal on October 11, 2007 at 2:40 PM

Maybe he wants public sympathy so he can get better stuff in the slammer? Maybe he’s hoping he can get some naive person to send him stuff?

Bad Candy on October 11, 2007 at 2:40 PM

Jailhouse Romance?

Kini on October 11, 2007 at 2:41 PM

Reason?????….

Look at Bionic Woman last night…….the Gov’t can ’see’ everything she sees…..her response….’I’ll call Hillary Clinton, she will get to the bottom of this!’….

He is hoping for a pardon from the next admin.

Limerick on October 11, 2007 at 2:39 PM

The only thing that would of happened if Jamie Sommers had called Hillary about the device, is that Bill would of wanted in on the live feed of Jamie at shower time.

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on October 11, 2007 at 2:45 PM

Think Coulter’s remarks on religion might even trump Yousef’s.

JiangxiDad on October 11, 2007 at 2:34 PM

Holy cow. Coulter showed her whole Christian ass in that episode. AllahPundit should promote that story as its own thread!

Loundry on October 11, 2007 at 2:47 PM

Sound like anyone else you know in the neighborhood?

KelliD on October 11, 2007 at 2:48 PM

So funny, so easy, so true. But if he starts answering every question with a question, he might have become Jewish.

JiangxiDad on October 11, 2007 at 2:49 PM

Prison mate Eric Rudolf converted him.

Brat on October 11, 2007 at 2:53 PM

Think Coulter’s remarks on religion might even trump Yousef’s.

I thought I smelled Coulter’s nefarious hand in this. That magnificent bastardess.

Doesn’t Yousef realize that by converting away from islam, he’s risking his life? You’d think he’d realize that there’s no virgins for infidels.

Bigfoot on October 11, 2007 at 3:05 PM

AP, that’s not how Islam works. He = Muslim, the Most Superior of All People. You = Dirty Kuffar, One Who Must Provide for His Every Whim.

You exist to support him. Period. It’s called dhimmitude and you show it through your jizyya.

You don’t have to get it, you just need to know it.

Miss_Anthrope on October 11, 2007 at 3:12 PM

I don’t know if it’s true or not. What I do know, is that another Christian-hating, fanatic was, in fact, converted – and his name was Paul.

Acts 9:1 – And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,

Acts 9:2 – And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

However, Paul, having received the Holy Ghost and being converted -

Acts 9:20 – … preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.

I don’t know if Ramzi Yousef has converted to Christianity, or not. I hope that he has. But, what I do know is that the offer of salvation through Jesus Christ is made to all – because all are sinners.

Paul could be described as the Ramzi Yousef of early Christendom:

Acts 9:2, supra, and Acts 9:21 – But all that heard him were amazed, and said; Is not this he that destroyed them which called on this name [Jesus Christ] in Jerusalem, …?”

But, thereafter, Paul became the messenger of Jesus Christ to the gentiles:

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; …”

Let’s let God decide this matter.

OhEssYouCowboys on October 11, 2007 at 3:12 PM

Question 1 – is he now under the same threat/s as Ayaan Hirsi Ali?

Question 2 – is he saying this so he gets more protection?

Question 3 – how long before a radical Muslim prisoner will kill him? (keep in mind that I don’t know how secure he’s kept now).

Entelechy on October 11, 2007 at 3:18 PM

I guess when he earns US citizenship and registers with the GOP he can finally be believed by some of the commenters.

Bradky on October 11, 2007 at 3:21 PM

OhEssYouCowboys on October 11, 2007 at 3:12 PM

Amen.

CP on October 11, 2007 at 3:25 PM

Well this could be one…either the most despicable, ridiculous, outragious and bodacious self serving shams of all time…or two,it could be one of the most unbelievable bodaciously most awesome miracle of all time…and time is what will tell……..The Lord has worked in mysteriuos ways.

hotvol on October 11, 2007 at 3:32 PM

Maybe he believes the NY Times and really thinks that he’s locked up for “Being Muslim” and figured, ‘Hey, if I’m not a Muslim, I can get out.’
“Hey guard, where can I pray to this Jesus guy?”

Veeshir on October 11, 2007 at 3:37 PM

If it’s true, then he should/would/will be the first to say, “Put me to death NOW! I deserve it.”

Not holding breath …

Drum on October 11, 2007 at 3:39 PM

Drum on October 11, 2007 at 3:39 PM

I must have missed that one in Sunday School. Is that John 3:16.1?

Bradky on October 11, 2007 at 3:43 PM

Well if he ends up DEAD soon, well know he was for real.

Extra toilet paper? You scums bags are lucky you get ANY toilet paper! If it were up to me you’d be either dead or at a prison camp in Antartica!

Tony737 on October 11, 2007 at 3:44 PM

Which denomination does Yousef belong to now? I wonder

Anglican. He gets to be a Jihadi and still eat bacon.

Iblis on October 11, 2007 at 3:55 PM

I’m sure they don’t rationalize it that way. Disregarding the ‘infidel – convert or die’ meme, in Islam everyone pays and only Muslims receive benefit. So, I have little doubt they consider the guards their servants; toilet paper, envelopes, whatever, the infidels ahould pay and they should receive … and receive more.

Dusty on October 11, 2007 at 4:09 PM

I must have missed that one in Sunday School. Is that John 3:16.1?

Bradky on October 11, 2007 at 3:43 PM

No, it’s 1 Peter 2:13-14 “Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every authority instituted among men: whether to the king, as the supreme authority, or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right.”

But he might not get to that verse for awhile since it isn’t an emphasis in most contemporary churches. If this conversion is genuine, Ramzi should ask to receive instruction in the faith and be baptized. The article doesn’t indicate that either of those things have happened. He could prove his sincerity by going on national TV and telling everyone about his new fait, but I would frankly rather he kept his mouth shut until he knows a little more about the subject. We have enough people talking about Christianity who don’t have much clue what it is all about as it is.

On that subject: what is so shocking about Anne Coulter’s comments. Isn’t she just paraphrasing Romans 10-11?

JackOfClubs on October 11, 2007 at 4:14 PM

uhh…I’ll have the Supermax Taqiya…with an order of curly fries, please.

dont taze me bro on October 11, 2007 at 4:17 PM

Maybe Ramsey will be more forthcoming about what really happened to TWA flight 800 in 1996, the one where the center fuel tank supposedly blew up on its own, yet resembled what happenned on Philipenes airways flight 43, that was bombed a year earlier with a smuggled device resembling those that were going to be used in that failed bojinka plot last summer in Britain. Go to PeterLance.com for more.

Jimmy the Dhimmi on October 11, 2007 at 4:44 PM

Isn’t he in more danger if he claims to be a Christian? I don’t see how it would be in his self interest to do this, especially in a prison. I think he is a marked man.

Terri on October 11, 2007 at 4:50 PM

It could be that he ‘converted’ to Christianity so that his little terrorist buddies would hate America more. It would make it look like America takes Muslims prisoner and forcefully converts them.

askheaves on October 11, 2007 at 4:58 PM

Why? I remember reading some time ago (a couple of years now) about a guy on livejournal who changed the entire format of his journal, removed old posts, put up some prolife posts and joined several christian groups on lj. He kept this up for I think a couple of months, then later he changed everything back to anti-Christian posts, dark theme for the appearance and basically went back to being as unChristian as possible. He did all this so he could win the trust of the lj Christians who had befriended him and then turn around and make fun of them for falling for his lies.
So why would a Muslim pretend to be Christian? to get on the inside before showing everyone his true colors and using the trust he had gained hurting Christians personally and going back home and saying “see how stupid they are? they are weak and allah is greater then their false god”. I for one will be a bit skeptical until he does something to prove his conversion besides claim it.

MikeJ on October 11, 2007 at 5:50 PM

Let’s let God decide this matter.

OhEssYouCowboys on October 11, 2007 at 3:12 PM

Amen to all that. A preacher once told me there are three things about Heaven that will stun you:

1) Who’s there
2) Who ain’t
3) That you are there at all

I’ve often said that no one deserves Hell no matter how heinous their acts in this world. Unfortunately, it isn’t really your acts that land you in Hell. It’s the simple refusal to Believe. If you believe, you acts will fall into line because you won’t be able to resist the Spirit’s guidance.

Here’s hoping Yousef has been touched by God. It’s in His hands.

Pilgrim on October 11, 2007 at 7:03 PM

On that subject: what is so shocking about Anne Coulter’s comments.
JackOfClubs on October 11, 2007 at 4:14 PM

That she says something like this is not shocking at all. She is promoting her latest book. It is her pattern. Make the talk show rounds, stir up some controversy with some comment, get invited to the CPAC conferences and laugh all the way to the bank.
Matthew 19:24 is more appropriate in this instance.

Bradky on October 11, 2007 at 7:21 PM

yep, just heard about it on drudge. How random

infidelesto on October 11, 2007 at 2:25 PM

Um, yes — really randon.
Still a Muslim, praying all day; obnoxious in demands; cheering on the destruction of infidels: Yawn.
Converted to Christianity? Strike up the headlines! Media event! Drudge headline.
Really random.

Nichevo on October 11, 2007 at 7:38 PM

It doesn’t matter.

He’ll still be judged, and He doesn’t like mass murderers.

madmonkphotog on October 11, 2007 at 8:09 PM

When he comes out publicly and professes his new found Christian faith AND denounces Islamic terrorism, those who commit terrorist acts, those who encourage the acts in mosques around the world, asks forgiveness from the nation he has harmed, etc., then and only then will I think there is better than a 50% chance that this is true.

deepdiver on October 11, 2007 at 8:45 PM

deepdiver on October 11, 2007 at 8:45 PM

Didn’t realize you were on God’s sincerity panel…

Bradky on October 11, 2007 at 8:56 PM

Actually this is quite possible…remember, if memory serves correctly, at Gitmo their are 3 muslims that have converted to Christianty…

Folks, this is the best way to destroy Islam…get them to leave Islam…and its peaceful…

Albertanator on October 11, 2007 at 9:34 PM

I hope he’s a holy roller snake handler.

I’ll Fed Ex him a pit viper if he likes.

Rattlers are not always fatal.

profitsbeard on October 11, 2007 at 9:49 PM

Didn’t realize you were on God’s sincerity panel…

Bradky on October 11, 2007 at 8:56 PM

I didn’t realize that having an opinion as to the threshold of my personal belief in his conversion warranted a smarmy comment. And I mean that sincerely.

deepdiver on October 11, 2007 at 10:08 PM

Not impossible. And, er, no way to tell.

If he gets baptized, though, it’s not BS. Muslims might invoke taqiya for a fake confession, but they don’t mess around with baptism. They all know that means you’ve really “jumped kingdoms” as they say in the business.

TexasDan on October 11, 2007 at 10:42 PM

I wasn’t aware of that about baptism. Is that really definitive proof among muslims that someone has truly converted?

deepdiver on October 11, 2007 at 10:51 PM

In the muslim world pride would demand they take advantages of any advantages. Mohammed in one case cleverly tricked a town into converting by making a deal with them that was basically a wager. Tricking someone to convert is the opposite of Christ’s message but a good thing to Mohammed.

I knew someone working in retail that had a 30 day return policy. A young muslim teen would come every 30 days and return his item for credit. He and his parents would pick out a new equivalent value item. They were so pleased with their intelligence at winning against a foolish system. I call it dishonorable. They would not.

I watched an iman instructing muslim women on the rules of islamic marriage on Dearborn cable. He related a story of a clever bride who tricked her husband to be into giving a larger than usual dowrey. The audience happily agreed she was very smart. Again, not good form in Christianity.

I would trust this snake as far as I would trust any snake. He can have all the Bibles he wants, but he cannot have the trust of society. After a thousand deaths you loose the second chance in this life.

entagor on October 12, 2007 at 3:07 AM

You are looking at the modern day Charles Manson who will say anything to gain his freedom to commit more violence on the infidels.

If he actually converted to Christianity he would be engulfed with spontaneous combustion.

MSGTAS on October 12, 2007 at 10:58 AM

Muslims demand more of everything from their prison guards because they are supremacists who believe they are entitled to more of everything from infidels. As one of their medieval theologians said, the property of infidels is booty for Muslims. So says their Allah. If you’re curious as to how much Muslims want from you, the answer is “All you got.”

Tantor on October 12, 2007 at 3:25 PM