Popcult magic: Paul Anka rewrites “My Way” for “The View”

posted at 4:31 pm on October 9, 2007 by Allahpundit

Something light in case you’re looking for relief for this test-pattern they’re calling a debate. At the nexus of Hot Air’s greatest obsession and Ace’s greatest obsession (see his sidebar) lies a musical moment that will stay with you forever.

A few surprisingly clever in-jokes in the new lyrics, but if you’re a regular reader of this site you shouldn’t have trouble with any of them. Disappointing omission: Any references to Rosie. Although maybe he’s just being kind now that she’s having her mouth sewn shut.

Comments

No open debate thread? or are we waiting for the rebroadcast?

TexasDan on October 9, 2007 at 4:54 PM

Look to your left Dan…

I clicked here to pity comment.

Bad Candy on October 9, 2007 at 4:55 PM

I like Paul Anka, and that was actually quite amusing. Does he have a new album out? I seem to remember him being on O’Reilly lately also.

BadgerHawk on October 9, 2007 at 4:55 PM

Was he on an integrity kick?

Did he slice like a hammer?

Bad Candy on October 9, 2007 at 5:05 PM

Did they make a maniac out of him?

Travis Bickle on October 9, 2007 at 5:10 PM

That was cute.

I don’t know if he has an album out but he was one of the acts this year on Canadian Idol a few months back.

Canadian Infidel on October 9, 2007 at 5:11 PM

“They did it Whales’ way”

I’m waiting for the “final curtain” for this show.

“Is That All There Is” would be a better theme

Hening on October 9, 2007 at 5:28 PM

All I can say is I love the boots.

- The Cat

MirCat on October 9, 2007 at 6:26 PM

Wow ! ! I was back in the sixties crushin in my
57 chevy . That was cute and fun.

Clean Fun. What a refreshment.

Texyank on October 9, 2007 at 6:42 PM

He had his list correct and he was reading it. Remember he’s only as strong as his weakest link. The reference to Barbara’s bladder was about some loose… Well, with testerone like that he definitely slices like a hammer. I heard afterwards he gave them T-shirts to make sure they got full value for their service.

Sultry Beauty on October 9, 2007 at 6:44 PM

Paul Anka is a class act. He once said he preffered the Sex Pistols’s verions of My Way to Sinatra’s. I completely agree.

aengus on October 9, 2007 at 8:55 PM

WHERE’S JOE??

Travis Bickle on October 9, 2007 at 9:48 PM

Not bad, and I’m not a fan.

I would have loved a “the guys get shirts” reference, but I guess he can save that for his Internet tribute.

Splunge on October 9, 2007 at 9:59 PM