Video: The left drops an absolute moral authority JDAM on Bush

posted at 9:30 am on October 4, 2007 by Allahpundit

From Families USA. He pulled the trigger on SCHIP yesterday, to the consternation of more than a few Republicans now facing a slew of ads next year accusing conservatives of hating children on top of everything else. It’s great to see him exercising fiscal responsibility and it’s understandable that he’d want to put up a roadblock on the path to universal health care, but this is the sort of thing you do when you’re 15 points ahead on the generic ballot, not 15 points down. The Democrats are going to grind his face in it, too, apparently:

Democrats, sensing a political advantage, said they were in no mood to compromise. Several officials, speaking on condition of anonymity because they were discussing strategy, said Pelosi and Reid seemed set on sending Bush successor bills that are nearly identical with the one he just vetoed. The goal would be to force him—and his congressional allies—to repeatedly expose themselves to criticism that they were denying health care for kids.

The same piece says the GOP is going to try to present itself as supporting health care for kids but not for any program that might expand coverage to adults or illegal aliens. Good luck convincing people when you’re up against this:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Oh yeah, my local paper this morning had a picture of a young girl with diabetes on the front page and the caption of how the Bush veto would keep her from getting needed treatment. The Dems’ position on this issue is just too easy to exploit politically and the R’s position is too difficult to explain. Maybe it will rally the base upset with spending, but it’s definitely going to lose swing votes.

Dudley Smith on October 4, 2007 at 2:23 PM

I’m self-employed, and pay $1150/month for a family plan. I was able to find exactly two options, and chose the cheaper.

JiangxiDad on October 4, 2007 at 10:12 AM

Same situation here and I pay $1350/month for just me and the wife.

Wade on October 4, 2007 at 2:50 PM

MB4,

I KNOW what I saw, and even Bryan commented on it. There’s a hint for you!

Buy Danish on October 4, 2007 at 2:20 PM

In other words you can’t find anything, without a lot of poetic license anyway, that fits what you said.

MB4 on October 4, 2007 at 2:54 PM

They only thing that I can recall Bryan commenting on was a return comment, and stretching my comment a lot, that I made to Mcguyer.

MB4 on October 4, 2007 at 2:56 PM

MB4 on October 4, 2007 at 2:56 PM

It was not just one comment. It was a series of comments, all of which came down to: Rush is a chickenhawk.

I can find the thread, but I have better things to do right now. I am paying you back for a juvenile little game you played where you wouldn’t provide a link to something you quoted and very snarkily told me to Google it.

Having fun?

Buy Danish on October 4, 2007 at 3:18 PM

Buy Danish on October 4, 2007 at 3:18 PM

I think that you just can’t find anything that supports what you said. Not to any significant degree anyway. If you could you probably could have found it in less time that you have been using going back and forth with me.

What I quoted was not something that I said that you said and it was a full quote.

Snarky was only how you choose to perceive it.

You are like a lawyer argueing the strongest, however weak, point of a weak case.

MB4 on October 4, 2007 at 3:50 PM

Romeo 13…

Please dont tell me you are complaning about your health insurance premium. As a retired Army Sergeant, I just had to write a “check” for $465.00 for my “ANNUAL” health insurance premium for a family of 5. Ever price health insurance for non-retired military folks?? Check it out, you may not be so ungreatful afterwards!

-I am Greatful

kingrhino on October 4, 2007 at 6:02 PM

MB4,

Here ya go
. Enjoy the walk down memory lane, featuring this comment from Bryan who nailed you after you had been bwak bwak bwaking about Rush all day long.

MB4 on September 30, 2007 at 5:05 PM

You can knock off the chickenhawk nonsense right now.

Bryan on September 30, 2007 at 6:51 PM

Please don’t come back and tell us that you never actually used the term “chickenhawk”.

Buy Danish on October 4, 2007 at 7:18 PM

Hey Congress, if you really want President Bush to sign this bill then just take out all the nonsense. A 25 year old is not a child. A person making $83,000 a year is not poor.

SoulGlo on October 4, 2007 at 7:27 PM

Buy Danish on October 4, 2007 at 7:18 PM

I didn’t. What is the matter with you anyway? Can’t you even read what you yourself found?

I would say that was a nice try on you part, but it isn’t.

No one “nailed me” at all.

Bryan read that into it. And, as I said before, his reading that into it was to a comment of my replying to McGuyver, not about with Rush.

McGuyver had said:
Here’s an organization: http://www.gnomedex.com……that I highly, highly recommend that you join.

I replyed: Here’s an organization: http://www.usarmy.com……that I highly, highly recommend that you join.

Just as a “side bar”, which would you rather have recommended to you?

I hope that you never become a lawyer as you would lose all their cases.

I hope that you never become a doctor as your patients would all probably lose their lives.

You would probably do well as a one man lynch mob or lynch mob leader however. At least at attempting to be one.

You sure remind me of Mike Nifong.

MB4 on October 4, 2007 at 7:47 PM

Just be glad that this is not real life or you, like Nifong and Murtha, would be very open to a lawsuit.

MB4 on October 4, 2007 at 7:50 PM

Just to make things so very easy for you, do a search on the thread that you linked to for that term and you will find only two comments that use it. One from Buy Danish, I believe that would be you, and one from Bryan.

MB4 on October 4, 2007 at 7:55 PM

This is where Reagan would have gone on prime time TV and explained to the people the reasons why he vetoed it. Something this coward Bush rarely ever does.

csdeven on October 4, 2007 at 8:13 PM

MB4,

I have no respect for you because of this thread where you used a chickenhawk argument in your comments to ME:

MB4 on September 28, 2007 at 9:27 PM

That was a rather silly analogy. Rush was talking about giving up and surrendering, not endlessly producing the wrong widget
Buy Danish on September 28, 2007 at 9:50 PM

Which elicited this response:

Well, Rush is a rather silly spokesman for the Iraq war!!!
I didn’t know that Rush was fighting. And surrendering to whom?
MB4 on September 28, 2007 at 10:05 PM

If you are going to deny that that shtick was a chickenhawk argument, then I have even less respect for you, although your hyperbolic use of the term “lynch mob” and implication that I am somehow libeling you has pretty much sealed it for me.

But, hey, since you used the Nifong analogy:

You sure remind me of Crystal the dancer.

Buy Danish on October 5, 2007 at 12:14 AM

Buy Danish on October 4, 2007 at 7:18 PM

I just demonstrated to you that I did not and using your own link, and rather than admit that you were wrong you have now moved on to inferring a lot from a little from a comment of mine that was tailored to be a mirror response to yours.

You are reminding me even more now of Nifong when he dropped the rape charges (but at least he admitted doing that) and then came up with some other charges. Murtha right now is probably trying to pretend that he didn’t accuse the Marines of murder and trying to come up with something like “Well I bet they would have or wanted to”.

You and Nifong and Murtha should get together and collaborate on perfecting your tactics as none of you seems to be doing very well.

All kind of ironic too as the main defense of Rush is that others are reading too much into what he said.

Your paranoia about your hero Rush (and by the way he is not mine at all, I will tell you that much) being called that word that you keep using is only exceeded by your uncoordinated “points” which is only exceeded by how boring you are getting.

MB4 on October 5, 2007 at 12:45 AM

MB4,

You haven’t demonstrated jack. Words have meaning. I can’t believe that something this elementary needs to be explained to you, but here goes:

I could say that someone is a goose stepping, mustachioed, genocidal, tyrant without calling them a Nazi, but it would be clear that I was calling the person a Nazi- in so many words.

You did not use the words “chicken hawk” to describe Rush, but your entire argument rested on the theme that “Rush is a chicken hawk”. That is not “paranoia”, it’s an accurate analysis of your own words.

Now, if you want to see “boring” (with a pinch pound of crazy) this is from you, from the same thread, and coincidentally continues with the chickenhawk theme.

Buy Danish on October 5, 2007 at 8:29 AM

Hey weren’t those the same kids in the video that the left would have aborted?

I guess a kid should consider himself lucky if he can dodge the progressive’s Auschwitz like ovens and lives long enough to need health care.
Ha