Video: Media discovers flaw in new interactive news model

posted at 11:12 pm on October 4, 2007 by Allahpundit

The big A’s Vic’d up and groovin’ on schadenfreude over this year’s impending Yankee disaster, so here’s a little something lighter to celebrate.

Any newspaper with a comments section could have told our hapless hero here what to expect. Watch it and tell me if he doesn’t remind you of Dan Rather. How awesomely awesome Memogate would have been with a text-message “talkback” segment on the CBS Evening News…

Comments

Vic’d up? I’ve been away. You got an injury or some such?

mikeyboss on October 4, 2007 at 11:14 PM

Had my wisdom teeth out.

Allahpundit on October 4, 2007 at 11:17 PM

I will go on the record and say Im not DocChewey

William Amos on October 4, 2007 at 11:17 PM

If Michael Kay had announced, they would have won. Biased TBS announcers!

JiangxiDad on October 4, 2007 at 11:19 PM

LOL!

One of these days some hacker will make it happen for a new Memogate. Mark my words.

inviolet on October 4, 2007 at 11:33 PM

Had my wisdom teeth out.

Allahpundit on October 4, 2007 at 11:17 PM

Yeah, I’ve been out too – I was beginning to think that you were trying new ways to blog. Either that, or that you had come out as a pill popper.

Rick on October 4, 2007 at 11:46 PM

The voice when a “new message” comes in, reminds me of SSX Snowboarding for PS2.

Anyway, I just stopped by to see if Allah had to throw up the disclaimer yet. I suspect he doesn’t just get it over with early, because he wants to see some outrageously outraged person make a fool of themself.

I’m gonna go baseball Truther on ya here Allah… Ratings will tank if it’s not Yanks vs. Sox for the AL Championship. The Yanks getting ABSOLUTELY STOMPED tonight, was just to throw the Indians a post season bone, and to make things look legit. The whole thing is rigged to get the Yanks vs. Sox (and I say this as a Sox fan, but also as a baseball Truther).

The Sox/Yankees battle a couple years ago (coming back from 3 games behind, etc.) scored record ratings. Then last year (or maybe it was the year before?) When there wasn’t a Yankees / Sox post season battle to be had, no one cared.

RightWinged on October 4, 2007 at 11:47 PM

I think it woulda been better with:

First!

Pwn3d!

lorien1973 on October 5, 2007 at 12:12 AM

AP should’ve live blogged his wisdom teeth removal.

lorien1973 on October 5, 2007 at 12:20 AM

AP should’ve live blogged his wisdom teeth removal.

I couldn’t have written that fast. It took three minutes, start to finish.

Allahpundit on October 5, 2007 at 12:22 AM

That was hilarious.

I wanted to read the bit about, “Roger Moore died today! Buy cheap [email protected]@ d00d!”

Nethicus on October 5, 2007 at 12:29 AM

I couldn’t have written that fast. It took three minutes, start to finish.

Dude, you’re lucky. Had mine out in a study during college; 2 impacted; one almost rupturing my sinus. The work was free for the study, but I had to sit in a recovery room for the rest of the day while they tried ‘experimental medication’ on me. I must have got the placebo; after about 3 hours of ‘Your medication sucks’ (nurses would come by to survey about every 15 minutes) they gave me some ibuprofen. There was the added bonus of one of the other study participants throwing up on herself when she came out of the anesthesia…stitches broke..it was bad.

austinnelly on October 5, 2007 at 12:56 AM

So who’s going to be the first one to get Michelle to swear at them on HotAir Live?

pedestrian on October 5, 2007 at 1:00 AM

That Talk Back segment would be perfect to rebut the Media Matters smear of the day.

T J Green on October 5, 2007 at 1:47 AM

The Onion always leaves my crying.

But they need a presenter with a French accent for some pieces.

Especially on soup.

AP-

Why do they call them “wisdom teeth” if all they do is go bad so stupidly?

And why can’t your sell them to someone who needs a few teeth?

1-888-Appalachia?

profitsbeard on October 5, 2007 at 2:03 AM

Allah, this probably should have a content warning lest anybody get in trouble watching it with the sound up at work.

radjah shelduck on October 5, 2007 at 5:53 AM

Cute. Makes me wish we cold really do that with all network news.

AP–

I had six wisdoms pulled. Four in one sitting, two in another. My dentist told me I must be really smart to have that many of them.

ScoopPC11 on October 5, 2007 at 7:14 AM

Six! Man, you are a trooper. I had four pulled and bad infections after. Glad that’s over.

This thread reminds me of Brian Regan’s bit on “wisdom tooth tales” and how they get worse and worse till someone has had nine out, etc. If you haven’t seen the DVD you should REALLY get hold of it. You won’t be able to breathe you’ll be laughing so hard.

inviolet on October 5, 2007 at 7:30 AM

That is very funny!

peacenprosperity on October 5, 2007 at 7:33 AM

radjah shelduck on October 5, 2007 at 5:53 AM

So the incredibly loud “Lets chat”. “incoming IM message” was ok, but the F you isn’t?

One would think if you were at work viewing what is clearly non-work material that you would have the volume low.

VinceP1974 on October 5, 2007 at 8:18 AM

Poor, poor, paranoid, Red Sox fans. They always start the celebration early, and then 99% of the time it comes back to bite them.

Memnon on October 5, 2007 at 8:44 AM

I love the onion. Even when it was still only a web page, the Atta in Hell article was great.

Found at: http://www.theonion.com/content/node/38673

Hijackers Surprised To Find Selves In Hell
‘We Expected Eternal Paradise For This,’ Say Suicide Bombers
September 26, 2001 | Issue 37•34

“I was promised I would spend eternity in Paradise, being fed honeyed cakes by 67 virgins in a tree-lined garden, if only I would fly the airplane into one of the Twin Towers,” said Mohammed Atta, one of the hijackers of American Airlines Flight 11, between attempts to vomit up the wasps, hornets, and live coals infesting his stomach. “But instead, I am fed the boiling feces of traitors by malicious, laughing Ifrit. Is this to be my reward for destroying the enemies of my faith?”

The rest of Atta’s words turned to raw-throated shrieks, as a tusked, asp-tongued demon burst his eyeballs and drank the fluid that ran down his face…..

You have got to read the entire article. I’m still laughing over the “16 poisoned leathern teats of Gophahmet, Whore of Betrayal” and “being hollowed out and used as prophylactics by thorn-cocked Gulbuth The Rampant.”

Ah, Gulbuth the Rampant. Good times, good times….

georgej on October 5, 2007 at 9:01 AM

Funny clip!

Yankees game last night? Funnier!

Malpaso on October 5, 2007 at 9:06 AM

Yeah, but see, a few years ago, you would have had to say “100% of the time.” So phlbbt!

Farmer_Joe on October 5, 2007 at 10:18 AM