Tancredo refuses to vote for House resolution marking commencement of Ramadan

posted at 10:26 pm on October 2, 2007 by Allahpundit

He voted “present,” as did 41 other congressmen. All but one were Republicans.

Sad:

The resolution, “in order to demonstrate solidarity with and support for members of the community of Islam in the United States and throughout the world, the House of Representatives recognizes the Islamic faith as one of the great religions of the world.” It also “acknowledges the onset of Ramadan and expresses its deepest respect to Muslims in the United States and throughout the world on this significant occasion.”…

Shortly after the vote, however, Tancredo issued a press release in which he argued that the resolution shows how political correctness is ruining public discourse.

“This resolution is an example of the degree to which political correctness has captured the political and media elite in this country. I am not opposed to commending any religion for their faith. The problem is that any attempt to do so for Jews or Christians is immediately condemned as ‘breaching’ the non-existent line between Church and State by the same elite,” Tancredo says in his statement.

Here’s a resolution passed on December 15, 2005, expressing the House’s support for the “symbols and traditions” of Christmas — and only Christmas — to repel the left’s alleged secret plot to replace all references to the season with “Happy Holidays.” The measure passed, 401-22. Among those voting yes was Sir Tancelot.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I. Like. Tanc.

infidel4life on October 2, 2007 at 10:30 PM

Unfortunately, many incredibly stupid people think that if we say nice things about Islam, appease CAIR who file false lawsuits and basically bend over backwards to make Muslims like us, the terrorists will realize we are really nice people and won’t kill us. Abusing Jews and Christians is a big part of that plan as they are the infidels that Muslims are told to kill. Following this twisted logic is a way these idiots won’t have to deal with the realities of the world. We are living the ’30′s all over again.

katieanne on October 2, 2007 at 10:33 PM

I really like Tom Terrific. I thought he won the last debate. Admittedly, Giuliani, Romney, and Thompson weren’t there…

jaime on October 2, 2007 at 10:34 PM

So what’s the big deal? Tanc’s vote of “present” seemed pretty mild — to me.

My collie says:

Ya’ know, he COULD have voted “Suck it, Mo!”

Stupid dog.

CyberCipher on October 2, 2007 at 10:36 PM

I am glad Tancredo actively chooses to support a resolution about Christmas, but refuses to do so for Islam. That is exactly what I want the my government to do while we are at war with radical Islamists. You go Tom! Call a spade a spade. Moral relativism died on 9-11!

JiangxiDad on October 2, 2007 at 10:36 PM

In related news, the islamic royal Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has passed a law allowing Christians to carry Bibles and preach the Gospel.

Nah, just kiddin’.

Tony737 on October 2, 2007 at 10:37 PM

I can’t really get that Christmas spirit,that Miracle On 34th St. spirit, without some recognition from Congress, so I am horribly outraged by all this.
I’m horribly outraged on behalf of good Christians everywhere at this dhimmi-soaked sop to Muslims.
I’m also so outraged that Christmas hasn’t been defended since 2005.(looking at you Lieberman!)
Mostly, I’m just outraged.

billy on October 2, 2007 at 10:37 PM

I think these “solidarity” resolutions are usually pretty silly, but voting present for this one while endorsing the 2005 resolution makes him look (unsurprisingly) like a jerk.

How about a resolution for solidarity with Burmese democracy protesters? Has anyone done this?

Big S on October 2, 2007 at 10:38 PM

Yeah, terrific, Tanc. Spit on all the Iraqi soldiers who are fighting Al Qaeda with us. Good stuff.

Allahpundit on October 2, 2007 at 10:39 PM

Tony737 on October 2, 2007 at 10:37 PM

Cue Twilight Zone theme.

infidel4life on October 2, 2007 at 10:39 PM

The head of the government-funded mosque-cum-seminary (figure 4) in the heart of Islamabad, the nation’s capital, issued the following chilling warning to my university’s female students and faculty on his FM radio channel on 12 April 2007:

The government should abolish co-education. Quaid-i-Azam University has become a brothel. Its female professors and students roam in objectionable dresses. . . . Sportswomen are spreading nudity. I warn the sportswomen of Islamabad to stop participating in sports. . . . Our female students have not issued the threat of throwing acid on the uncovered faces of women. However, such a threat could be used for creating the fear of Islam among sinful women. There is no harm in it. There are far more horrible punishments in the hereafter for such women.6

The imposition of the veil makes a difference. My colleagues and I share a common observation that over time most students—particularly veiled females—have largely lapsed into becoming silent note-takers, are increasingly timid, and are less inclined to ask questions or take part in discussions. This lack of self-expression and confidence leads to most Pakistani university students, including those in their mid- or late-twenties, referring to themselves as boys and girls rather than as men and women.

AZCON on October 2, 2007 at 10:39 PM

Uh-oh…

Someone’s in a mood…

infidel4life on October 2, 2007 at 10:41 PM

Next thing you know the house will be bringing up a resolution saying the dinner jacket in Iran “isn’t such a bad guy after all.”

Tennessee Dave on October 2, 2007 at 10:41 PM

Uh-oh…

Someone’s in a mood…

If that’s true, I’d like to see this “somebody” cut loose.

billy on October 2, 2007 at 10:44 PM

Oh yeah, this isn’t a war against Islamic terrorism, just terrorism. Forgot. Hope Rage Boy doesn’t get mad now.

JiangxiDad on October 2, 2007 at 10:45 PM

So we don’t respect all the religions that don’t have congressional resolutions associated with them? This is pandering and it’s a waste of time (yes, the Christmas one too). These things don’t need to be said, and the more we say them, the more it’s expected that we have to say them.

viking999 on October 2, 2007 at 10:47 PM

There is no excuse for voting against this.

The Republicans have a MAJOR image problem because of crap like this.

DaveS on October 2, 2007 at 10:47 PM

Cue Twilight Zone Theme…
Infidel4life October 2,2007 at 10:39PM.

Infidel4life:With a twist of Parallel Universe.Haha

canopfor on October 2, 2007 at 10:48 PM

You’re my boy, Blue, but um, isn’t that a bit of the ole exaggeration?

Spirit of 1776 on October 2, 2007 at 10:51 PM

Doesn’t the House have anything better to do?

Canerican on October 2, 2007 at 10:51 PM

What’s the problem? Tanc voted for the Christmas resolution to give a nice snug wedgie for the “Happy Holidays” PC elite. Now he’s voted “present” here for exactly the same reason–to peeve the anti-Christmas crowd.

see-dubya on October 2, 2007 at 10:52 PM

Is it just me, or does anybody else wish these freaking morons in BOTH houses would quit wasting my money and time on s%#t like this and various other resolutions condemning or praising whatever the flavor of the day is????
For Gods sake, do the job we sent you there to do, or go the hell home.

commonsensehoosier on October 2, 2007 at 10:54 PM

Allahpundit on October 2, 2007 at 10:39 PM

The Iraquis are not doing enough to help themselves. Militarily, politically, or culturally.

jaime on October 2, 2007 at 10:55 PM

Doesn’t the house have a anything better to do?
Canerican October 2,2007 at 10:51PM

No,just p!ss!ng off the voters!

canopfor on October 2, 2007 at 10:55 PM

DaveS on October 2, 2007 at 10:47 PM

I agree, but I would have hoped that the resolution should have expressed solidarity with people around the world, including muslims, who desire to worship freely and according to their own conscience. That’s really what this “war” is about.

Big S on October 2, 2007 at 10:56 PM

Once again Tancredo did exactly the right thing. I am suspicious of any Congressman that has “solidarity” with Islam. I sure don’t, I only has disdain for Islam.

solidarity:

mutual agreement and support: harmony of interests and responsibilities among individuals in a group, especially as manifested in unanimous support and collective action for something

Maxx on October 2, 2007 at 10:58 PM

Heck, they could’ve even tied it in with the monks in Burma for a double whammy freedom of religion resolution.

Big S on October 2, 2007 at 10:59 PM

DaveS on October 2, 2007 at 10:47 PM

He voted “present” — not against it.

infidel4life on October 2, 2007 at 10:59 PM

You’re my boy, Blue, but um, isn’t that a bit of the ole exaggeration?

No, why? Obviously this message isn’t meant as good tidings to jihadists. By refusing to vote for it he’s equating all Muslims with the worst elements.

How about Dr. Zuhdi Jasser? Can I wish him a happy Ramadan, or am I playing into Osama’s hands?

Allahpundit on October 2, 2007 at 11:00 PM

Big S on October 2, 2007 at 10:38 PM

Here I am agreeing with Big S. Has hell frozen over ?

Maxx on October 2, 2007 at 11:02 PM

Has hell frozen over ?

Maxx on October 2, 2007 at 11:02 PM

Now, now. Let’s not get into another warming/freezing over argument. :)

Big S on October 2, 2007 at 11:03 PM

As an athiest, you shouldn’t be wishing any Godly things on anybody.

AZCON on October 2, 2007 at 11:04 PM

Allahpundit on October 2, 2007 at 11:00 PM

I think expressing solidarity is well beyond that.

Maxx on October 2, 2007 at 11:05 PM

acknowledges the onset of Ramadan and expresses its deepest respect to Muslims in the United States and throughout the world on this significant occasion. , to the extent that they also respect those of other religions”…

Ah, that’s better.

pedestrian on October 2, 2007 at 11:06 PM

Obviously this message isn’t meant as good tidings to jihadists.

Nothing obvious about it. It specifically refers to all Muslims:

Furthermore, Islam is NOT one of the great religions of the world. Read blogging the Koran.

JiangxiDad on October 2, 2007 at 11:07 PM

Maxx on October 2, 2007 at 10:58 PM

Nail, meet Head.

infidel4life on October 2, 2007 at 11:07 PM

As an athiest, you shouldn’t be wishing any Godly things on anybody.

AZCON on October 2, 2007 at 11:04 PM

It’s not “wishing…godly things” on him. It’s just saying “hey, buddy, I hope you have a happy holiday. I know it means a lot to you.” It’s not an expression or endorsement of that religion in any way. People who refuse to say happy Ramadan to muslims are just as bad as those who want to wipe out “Merry Christmas”

Big S on October 2, 2007 at 11:07 PM

Sure you can; why does the congress have to? Did you say a silent prayer of thanks and gratitude when the idiot congress voted to honor the symbols of Christmas (whatever the hell that means)?

What a dhimmi waste of time and money.

What the hell, let’s spend another $100m building footbaths in the Senate toilets.

Jaibones on October 2, 2007 at 11:07 PM

Big S on October 2, 2007 at 10:56 PM

That’s really what this “war” is about.

Well, yeah, but the point of the resolution, I think, was to say something nice to Muslims without mentioning the war, or any related geopolitical issues, etc., to let them know that we realize that MOST of them are just normals folks like us.

infidel4life on October 2, 2007 at 10:59 PM

He voted “present” — not against it.

You can’t tell, but I’m rolling my eyes at you right now.

I will reiterate… it’s crap like this that is responsible for the image problem that Republicans have. There was no reason to “not vote for it” (as though a “present” vote isn’t a vote against… I’ll play along).

DaveS on October 2, 2007 at 11:08 PM

Really now.
“Happy Ramadan”
I don’t think so.

billy on October 2, 2007 at 11:08 PM

just say no to politically correct congress.

Mojack420 on October 2, 2007 at 11:08 PM

Big S on October 2, 2007 at 11:07 PM

BS, um…BS!

AZCON on October 2, 2007 at 11:10 PM

the House of Representatives pandering quisling fools recognizes the Islamic faith as one of the great religions of the world. It also “acknowledges the onset of Ramadan and expresses its deepest respect dimmitude to Muslims in the United States and throughout the world on this significant occasion.”
Mosques are plenty, graveyards are plenty, but morals and whiskey are scarce. The Koran does not permit Mohammedans to
drink. Their natural instinct does not permit them to be moral.
- Mark Twain
Islam is intolerant, barbaric, cruel, misogynistic, and worse still over-protected and beyond all criticism here in the West. We will lose simply because we forbade ourselves from attacking the ideology of our 1,400-year-old enemies.
- Spirit Of 1683 (JihadWatch)
Exploring Islam’s ‘Death Cult’ – Muslims must find a way to remove the cancer infecting their religion

“Would anyone tolerate a slow-spreading cancer because it wasn’t fast-spreading? Probably not. You’d want it removed.”
There is no way of avoiding the reality that the adults in this world are going to have to act like adults and step up and slap – in a big big way – Muslims who have made of their own societies the equivalent of “Lord of the Flies” and who now threaten to overrun every more advanced society with their mayhem.
- Caroline
Our Judeo/Christian moral principles are by far superior to anything that passes as morality in Islam. It’s more than just making a choice to tell Muslims the truth about their twisted religion, It’s a moral obligation on our part to confront evil whenever we see it. If we don’t, we betray ourselves, and lead Muslims to believe we respect their perverse practices and beliefs.
The Bible tells us that “a tree is known by the fruit that it bears.” This is all the same rotten fruit, Shia or Sunni, from the same rotten Islamic tree.

Expect nothing more!
- Rational
When the 2008 election is over, I pray that we’ve gotten the message, and that we are being lead by a President that will take strides against Islam in the United States and abroad, that won’t shirk from the duty to oppose this fascist ideology of hate that has festered and fermented in the belly of the world for far, far too long. Veils, slaves,
ignorance, hate, misogyny, burkahs, harems, poverty, endless sectarian violence and more, will not be brought to the shores of the United States any longer. The American people will learn to rise up against this disease or we will perish by it — an enemy that is easily more subversive, cunning and dangerous than the Nazis and Communism ever were.
- Foehammer
*Ignorance has always been the best ally of tyrants, including the tyranny of Islam. But when high public officials like Nancy Pelosi, Ted Kennedy and others, both Democrat and Republican, defend Islam as a peaceful religion, it is no longer ignorance, it’s a lie.

These people have too much information at their finger tips not to know the truth about Islam, but the truth does not serve them or their parties. It is the lie that best best serves their political ambitions. It is the lie that delivers a block of votes to their campaigns, and keeps
them in power. And it is the lie that jeopardizes the security of this country and its Western values and traditions.

But like so many self-serving politicians in this country, the good of our civilization will always be secondary to their lust for power and prestige.

So long as we keep rewarding the Pelosis and Kennedys for the lies they sow, and condemning the Goodes for telling the truth, we can count on paying the piper someday, and the next generation of Americans will reap the whirl-wind. We have Europe as a model of what that generation will inherit.
- Rational

MB4 on October 2, 2007 at 11:10 PM

DaveS on October 2, 2007 at 11:08 PM

Like I said, I agree. However, I think the desire to worship freely without a bunch of thugs telling them what to do is a big part of what makes most of them “normal folks like us.” We coulda said it better is all I’m sayin’.

Big S on October 2, 2007 at 11:11 PM

Big S on October 2, 2007 at 10:38 PM

That’s a damn good idea.

Allahpundit on October 2, 2007 at 11:00 PM

I’m gonna agree with Allah, but I understand the argument that voting against it sends a message that the non-radical element needs to do better.

As an athiest, you shouldn’t be wishing any Godly things on anybody.

AZCON on October 2, 2007 at 11:04 PM

I wish we had the rolling eyes smilies enabled…

Bad Candy on October 2, 2007 at 11:12 PM

MB4 on October 2, 2007 at 11:10 PM

Do you stand by what you posted?

Mcguyver on October 2, 2007 at 11:12 PM

Now I get it! AP lies about Christianity to prop up his atheism. And he is aghast about our treatment of a false religion that actually IS hostile to homosexuals, and the American way of life which Christianity helped bring about. Good grief…

JWS on October 2, 2007 at 11:12 PM

So there, AP.
Your own blog exposes the truthy truthiness of the horrible, horrible liars of Islam.

billy on October 2, 2007 at 11:14 PM

I resolve we all wish Allah a very happy Day Just Like Any Other, Of Absolutely Zero Theological Significance!

Can I get a second?

see-dubya on October 2, 2007 at 11:14 PM

No that’s fine, wish Jasser a happy whatever you like.

It’s not spitting on those that are helping us. The thing is, we aren’t trying to set up an Islamic state, we are trying to set up a democracy – an idea we are committed to in Afganistan, Iraq and Lebanon. Congress saying ‘yea Islam’, actually fuzzs up our focus a bit. ‘Yea Islam’ isn’t our common values (which is what this sort of thing emphasizes), our common goal is self-rule, democracy style.

You might think the christmas thing hypocritical (fair enough) but it actually proves the point; that kind of vote is for nothing other than to say we have common values (we in this case being congress and pro-christmas peeps).

Spirit of 1776 on October 2, 2007 at 11:16 PM

see-dubya on October 2, 2007 at 11:14 PM

I have no idea what Allah thinks today means, but I will say “have a nice day.” There’s nothing wrong with that.

Big S on October 2, 2007 at 11:17 PM

For you folks that think voting for this resolution was a grand idea, do you realize that it is ISLAM that we are at war with ? Do you think during the height of WWII it would have been a really dandy idea for congress to express “solidarity” with the Nazis ?

This is EXACTLY the same thing.

Maxx on October 2, 2007 at 11:19 PM

Allahpundit on October 2, 2007 at 10:39 PM

It’s the cultural bulwarks that are going to keep the footbaths from being installed in public buildings Allahpundit, I’d not chide too quickly.

Besides the effects of this is to lead to what? More “recognizing” of this and of that, based on what? I’m all for reconizing Ramadan as soon as Muslims want to stop acting up, Minnesota *cough* It dilutes the imperative to assimilate. Just like altering Christmas to include Muslims. Let them develop a new seperate holiday around Christmas time. That how you assiilate an alien culture. By NOT changing yours.

If you are concerned about not “spitting” on Iraqis then let this overture be made to Iraqis. This amounts to “We like Muslims, really” What is the point? Muslims live more free here than they do in Muslims countries. The evidence speaks for itself. Terp getting visas is enough of a sign of good will.

This falls under the if we just befriend them they’ll like us.

Theworldisnotenough on October 2, 2007 at 11:19 PM

Do you stand by what you posted?

Mcguyver on October 2, 2007 at 11:12 PM

You keep making me think of Larry Craig. Stop that!

MB4 on October 2, 2007 at 11:20 PM

Can I get a second?

Hallelulah, Brother!

AZCON on October 2, 2007 at 11:20 PM

The iPhone is my god.

Allahpundit on October 2, 2007 at 11:21 PM

DaveS on October 2, 2007 at 11:08 PM

If said Muslims truly embrace Islam as it is expressed in the Koran and interpreted by Islamic scholars, then no, they are NOT just normal folks like us.

infidel4life on October 2, 2007 at 11:23 PM

billy on October 2, 2007 at 11:14 PM

Strange description of those who flew planes into towers, kill American soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan, blow up embassies, busses, ships, subways, school children, etc.

You’re a silly twit.

JiangxiDad on October 2, 2007 at 11:23 PM

You keep making me think of Larry Craig. Stop that!

MB4 on October 2, 2007 at 11:20 PM

I AM LARRY CRAIG.

Mcguyver on October 2, 2007 at 11:24 PM

Yeah, terrific, Tanc. Spit on all the Iraqi soldiers who are fighting Al Qaeda in Iraq with us. Good stuff.

Allahpundit on October 2, 2007 at 10:39 PM

Our troops are fighting for them, they are not fighting for us. They are mostly fighting amongst themselves.

MB4 on October 2, 2007 at 11:24 PM

Good switch, AP. May many happy iPhones infest your tent, Allah willing, blessed be him, hanger of athiests and gheys (same).

AZCON on October 2, 2007 at 11:25 PM

I’ve said it before, but some of you guys in these comments belong at dKos or something. Covering your ears and yelling “nyah-nyah-nyah”, then transitioning right into a recitation of every right-wing caricature talking point doesn’t do us any favors.

And, MB4, you’re in a league of your own. How deluded must you be to think that anyone is even remotely interested in reading a long mashup of random, tangentially-related (if we’re lucky) quotes, or to think that we might think you are clever for doing so? This isn’t a contest to see how much crap you can mindlessly recite… this isn’t a yelling contest. Try to THINK on occasion.

DaveS on October 2, 2007 at 11:25 PM

I AM LARRY CRAIG.

Mcguyver on October 2, 2007 at 11:24 PM

Oh my GOD!

My worst nightmare!!

Feet don’t fail me now!!!

MB4 on October 2, 2007 at 11:26 PM

Have any of the pompous asshats voting for this resolution ever read the Koran?

Of frikkin’ course not.

Did they praise the Aztec heart-rippers yet?

Give a nod to the baby-sacrificing cult of Moloch?

Madness, thy name is Congress.

TANCREDO-HUNTER 2008

profitsbeard on October 2, 2007 at 11:26 PM

MB4 on October 2, 2007 at 11:10 PM

Excellent post MB4 !! Where did you get those quotes ?

Maxx on October 2, 2007 at 11:26 PM

Allahpundit on October 2, 2007 at 11:00 PM

I think the point is that if it is Christian or Jewish, they say ‘separation of Church and state’ and the ACLU gets all up in the business.

I doubt that Tancredo would vote on something condemning all muslims because that would be atrocious.

To have the Congress vote on a resolution that says ‘Islam is one of the world’s great religions’ is essentially endorsing the religion.

In other words, where is the Scientology endorsement? Rastafarian? Hindu? Buddhist? Atheist? Hare Krishna? Wicca? There isn’t one. This endorsement won’t do any good by winning us any friends in the Muslim community. It will only serve as notice to our enemies that what they are doing is working.

This isn’t what Congress is supposed to do. This is why they have an 11% approval rating. They only care about ONE thing. . . getting re-elected (Policy be danged).

ThackerAgency on October 2, 2007 at 11:27 PM

This is EXACTLY the same thing.

Maxx on October 2, 2007 at 11:19 PM

Bingo. Maxx you’re on a roll tonight.

infidel4life on October 2, 2007 at 11:27 PM

DaveS on October 2, 2007 at 11:25 PM

Take a time-out DaveS. Does your mother know you are on the computer?

Maxx on October 2, 2007 at 11:28 PM

infidel4life on October 2, 2007 at 11:23 PM

You need to get off of you computer for a while, get out, and meet some real people. Maybe in 20 or 30 years, you’ll read some of this crap and realize how absurd you sound.

DaveS on October 2, 2007 at 11:29 PM

Read em and enjoyed them. Thanks.

JiangxiDad on October 2, 2007 at 11:29 PM

DaveS on October 2, 2007 at 11:29 PM

you get anything in the oil for food deal?

JiangxiDad on October 2, 2007 at 11:30 PM

Please do not allow this thread to be hijacked by a clueless troll who uses this blog as a free alternative to therapy: otherwise MB4
rides again: he dithers, logic withers.

Try to THINK on occasion.

DaveS on October 2, 2007 at 11:25 PM

Mcguyver on October 2, 2007 at 11:31 PM

Happy Day Allah P. ;)

frreal on October 2, 2007 at 11:32 PM

DaveS on October 2, 2007 at 11:25 PM

I read what he posted. And I’ll read it again because it is right on the money.

infidel4life on October 2, 2007 at 11:33 PM

ThackerAgency on October 2, 2007 at 11:27 PM

So on that great day when the Iraqi parliament passes a resolution declaring respect for their Jewish brothers, and wishing them a happy Yom Kippur, you won’t applaud it as a mark of progress, and indication of civilized society? Would you seriously interpret that as a sign that the Iraqi parliament was planning on converting–en masse–to Judaism?

DaveS on October 2, 2007 at 11:33 PM

Theworldisnotenough on October 2, 2007 at 11:19 PM

You must still be a backwoods country boy, not a sophisticated city person and sixth grade graduate like I now am. There are already footbaths in public buildings. They are made by a company spelled U-R-I-N-A-L.
-Jethro Bodine

MB4 on October 2, 2007 at 11:34 PM

MB4 on October 2, 2007 at 11:10 PM

Thanks for posting those.

jaime on October 2, 2007 at 11:34 PM

You’re a silly twit

Well I guess so.

billy on October 2, 2007 at 11:36 PM

The “Muslim World” doesn’t know a damned thing. They are robots living in 800 AD. Because they don’t read, write, surf the internet, or do any danged thing modern (except fire RPGs and set EFPs). We are at war with a brainless colony of ants! So, find the queens of every colony, and you hve won. Kill the workers, eh, no big deal.

Happy Ramadon? Um, ignorant PC reactionary cr@p.

AZCON on October 2, 2007 at 11:36 PM

rides again: he dithers, logic withers.

Mcguyver on October 2, 2007 at 11:31 PM

For a clueless troll you sure seem to hang on my every word.

MB4 on October 2, 2007 at 11:37 PM

Tanc is a patriot. Those voting to push American culture aside at a time when we need actual American patriots the most are spineless weasels.

No, refusing to stand with your own doesn’t make you ‘worldly’, ‘tolerant’ or ‘sophisticated’. That only works for Gwyneth Paltrow.

DwnSouthJukin on October 2, 2007 at 11:37 PM

JiangxiDad on October 2, 2007 at 11:30 PM

you get anything in the oil for food deal?

I’m not sure what that even means. But, in any case… I guess the answer is “no”. I just have known muslims, and they typically aren’t anything like what some of the uneducated, redneck morons on these comments seem to think.

To the stupider among us

DaveS on October 2, 2007 at 11:39 PM

MB4 on October 2, 2007 at 11:10 PM

good stuff, thanks!

AZCON on October 2, 2007 at 11:39 PM

DwnSouthJukin on October 2, 2007 at 11:37 PM

If by “patriot” you mean “moron”, sure. I will say, though, that you need to actually read the resolution before commenting. It has nothing to do with “standing by your own”.

DaveS on October 2, 2007 at 11:41 PM

MB4 on October 2, 2007 at 11:37 PMblockquote>For a clueless troll you sure seem to hang on my every word.
Heh… he’s probably like me… he just reads the first 3-4 words, realizes what mindless garbage your post is, notes the psychosis that is implied by the next 1500 words of rambling talking-point recitation, and points it out.

DaveS on October 2, 2007 at 11:43 PM

DaveS on October 2, 2007 at 11:39 PM

I think it’s past your bedtime.

infidel4life on October 2, 2007 at 11:44 PM

Just another example of a childish, silly mentality in the present House. I think they do it just to irritate each other—which, of course, makes them more childish and silly.

jeanie on October 2, 2007 at 11:44 PM

DaveS on October 2, 2007 at 11:25 PM

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
- Schopenhauer
BTW, Try to come up with a better retort to what I posted sometime. That one is proufondly light weight.

MB4 on October 2, 2007 at 11:45 PM

To the stupider among us: Most Muslims aren’t terrorists. Most muslims don’t believe every literal word of the Koran, just like most Jews don’t believe that you should stone gay people, or that men should be allowed to rape women as long as they marry them afterwards.

DaveS on October 2, 2007 at 11:39 PM

But you would agree that ISLAM is the underlying ideology that’s causing the problem…. would you not ?

If you agree with that, do you think it’s a good idea for Congress to become a cheerleader for Islam ? Because that’s what they did.

Maxx on October 2, 2007 at 11:46 PM

While the Islamists are taking all of our attention, Putin and China are in a major military upgrade and centralized power consolidation. Have you noticed?
It is time for a “League of Democratic Nations” (Muslim, Jew, Hindu, Atheiest, and Christian, Secular, etc.) to open up shop for the next big confrontation.
F… The UN, it is time to withdraw support fron the anti-west assembly.
Oh, and if you like your guns, don’t support Rudy or Hillary, same/same.

Dave

AZCON on October 2, 2007 at 11:49 PM

To the stupider among us: Most Muslims aren’t terrorists.
During WWII most Germans weren’t Nazis. Only a very small percentage in fact.

Most muslims don’t believe every literal word of the Koran

Those Muslims are called apostates and Allah himself condems them.

DaveS on October 2, 2007 at 11:39 PM

MB4 on October 2, 2007 at 11:51 PM

Tennessee Dave on October 2, 2007 at 10:41 PM

What does that have to do with recognizing a religion’s holiday? If I vote to recognize Christmas, am I going to vote next to say that Timothy McVeigh and Eric Rudolph “aren’t such bad guys”?

As an athiest, you shouldn’t be wishing any Godly things on anybody.

AZCON on October 2, 2007 at 11:04 PM

Good God. Wishing someone a “Merry” or “Happy” something doesn’t indicate your joining of a specific belief. It’s recognizing that a specific holiday is important to someone and you hope they enjoy it.

Should singles not wish married couples a happy anniversary?

This is EXACTLY the same thing.

Maxx on October 2, 2007 at 11:19 PM

I realize we’re fighting Islamic extremism – not Islam in general. That’s a point that even President Bush has reiterated multiple times. One of the most important people in my life is a Muslim. He’s as pro-American as we are. Am I at war with him?

No, we wouldn’t have expressed solidarity with Nazis – just like we didn’t express solidarity with Islamic extremists. We recognized a holiday that is followed by a recognizable portion of Americans, people helping us fight al Qaeda in Iraq and some allies across the globe.

amerpundit on October 2, 2007 at 11:52 PM

Heh… he’s probably like me…

DaveS on October 2, 2007 at 11:43 PM

So you are into that stalking and tapping stuff too?

Oh boy!

MB4 on October 2, 2007 at 11:54 PM

AZCON on October 2, 2007 at 11:49 PM

This is so very true and goes almost completely unnoticed. Terrorism is no threat at all compared to China. We fight the Islamics largely alone while China sits back and gets fat. We could stop terrorism in very short order given the political will to do so. China is an entirely different matter.

Maxx on October 2, 2007 at 11:55 PM

The iPhone is my god.

Allahpundit on October 2, 2007 at 11:21 PM

You’re a braver man than I. I would never worship a god that can be killed at Steve Jobs’ command.

Harpazo on October 2, 2007 at 11:59 PM

doh! that should read:

“…a god that can be killed at…”

Harpazo on October 3, 2007 at 12:02 AM

MB4 on October 2, 2007 at 11:24 PM

You, sir, should feel very privileged to still have posting privileges here. If I had the keys, you would be gone.

That was a foul, foul thing to write.

wccawa on October 3, 2007 at 12:06 AM

MB4 on October 2, 2007 at 11:45 PM

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed.

Well, you are definitely in that “ridiculed” phase right now.

MB4 on October 2, 2007 at 11:51 PM

Those Muslims are called apostates and Allah himself condems them.

So what you’re saying, basically, is that you are a stricter, more fundamentalist Muslim than most Muslims. Alright, then.

Maxx on October 2, 2007 at 11:46 PM

Well, first of all, Islam is not an ideology. It is a religion. Like all religions, it has various ideologically diverse “sects”. Unfortunately, Islam has a couple of very assertive, violent strains that are part of the cause of the problem.

Another part of the problem–it could be argued, at least–is that the vast majority of Muslims are very pacifistic and mind their own business, which makes it very easy for that violent minority to reign over them.

Well, I don’t agree with that (see above), but I think it is absolutely unreasonable, even irrational, to hyperbolically proclaim the resolution to be “cheerleading” for Islam.

Unless, of course, I missed the part that said that Congress “urges all Americans to convert to Islam” and “expresses their support for the rapid spread of Islam and the establishment of a global Caliphate”, or whatever it is that you moonbats seem to think they were saying.

DaveS on October 3, 2007 at 12:08 AM

ameripundit-

If your Muslim friend is “pro-American”, he is not a “Muslim”, but an apostate, because, according to the Muslim “prophet” Mohammad “Islam must dominate”, and a secular state is anathema to Islam. And to anyone is a believing Muslim.

More apostates, fewer “Muslims”, and less blather from Congress, will make us safer.

Wishful thinking will not.

profitsbeard on October 3, 2007 at 12:08 AM

That was a foul, foul thing to write.

wccawa on October 3, 2007 at 12:06 AM

It was nothing of the kind. Most iraqis who are killed are not killed by AlQ in Iraq they are killed by other non AlQ Iraqis in Iraq. You should check out JihadWatch some time. I am very mild.

MB4 on October 3, 2007 at 12:11 AM