$27 million for Hillary in the third quarter?

posted at 9:10 am on October 2, 2007 by Allahpundit

The siren is up at Drudge. She only did $26 million in the first quarter, which is typically the bonanza period.

The numbers I saw for the GOP yesterday were $10 million for Mitt (plus $7 million more out of his own pocket), around $9 million for Rudy, and $8 million. She raised as much money by herself as our big three did combined. Couple that with the fact that some pro-life grassroots activists are already promising not to volunteer if Rudy’s the nominee and I fear we’re looking at a very harsh reality:

It’s game over, man.

Update: Belated exit question — is the scourge of Hillary so awful that we should hope for the Goracle to take revenge and jump in?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

A little disappointed with him (ok quite disappointed) over his immigration stance, but over all pretty happy with him.

Why were you disappointed? It wasn’t like he didn’t tell us what his stance on immigration was. As far back as his days in Texas.

Sue on October 2, 2007 at 5:40 PM

Too late…been tapping all day..didn’t have the nerve until now.

Mcguyver on October 2, 2007 at 5:30 PM

You apear to be developing a sense of humor.

There may be some hope for you after all.

MB4 on October 2, 2007 at 5:41 PM

Hmmm, me former professional musician, you former writer for Rolling Stones Magazine…I’m not sure I should talk to you without my lawyer present…… :p

doriangrey on October 2, 2007 at 4:59 PM

S is a former writer for Rolling Stone? You’re not P.J. O’Rourke by any chance are you? Or are you just the S in Hunter S. Thompson? :)

By the way, Doriangray, when I was in the music biz, the joke was that if you got a favorable review from Rolling Stone your album was doomed to failure.

Buy Danish on October 2, 2007 at 5:42 PM

My point is that Rick Moran is hardly a household name

Buy Danish on October 2, 2007 at 5:32 PM

Then that is a bad point.

Brittany and Paris are household names if that is so important to you.

MB4 on October 2, 2007 at 5:45 PM

You apear to be developing a sense of humor.
There may be some hope for you after all.
MB4 on October 2, 2007 at 5:41 PM

You appear to be less afraid of me….there must be hope for you.

Mcguyver on October 2, 2007 at 5:45 PM

Buy Danish on October 2, 2007 at 5:42 PM

Heh heh heh heard that one…The kiss of death was being on the cover…….What did you do in the “Biz””???

doriangrey on October 2, 2007 at 5:46 PM

Sadly Buy Danish, Romeo13, and MB4 suffer from the Samson complex, if their candidate cant get the nomination, then to hell with everyone else lets burn the house down.

doriangrey on October 2, 2007 at 4:06 PM

Can’t speak for others, but why should ANY candidate EXPECT my support? I’m NOT A REPUBLICAN!!! I am now, and have almost always been registered independant. I’m one of those voters that both parties try to convince to swing their way (although I AM a conservative…).

I’m not trying to burn anyones house down… but why in the heck should I pay the rent for a guy I don’t like?

Go ahead and support them if you want, thats your right in America… just as its my right to support who I choose.

And the FACT is that there are a LOT of Americans out there who think just like I do. If the only thing the Republican candidate can say is that I’m not as bad as the other guy so you have to vote for me because I’ll be LESS OF A SCREWUP???

And there have been a few posters here who blame the “stay at home” voters last election for the Republicans loss of the Congress…

Take some ownership here folks. The Repubs lost the last election because of their OWN actions (spending, lack of action on important issues, scandals)… you have to EARN votes… they are not given… not by the swing voter.

And the way the Money looks, they’ll loose this one if they don’t get some type of coherent agenda together… ala a Contract for America type of thing.

Romeo13 on October 2, 2007 at 6:03 PM

Romeo13 on October 2, 2007 at 6:03 PM

You whitewash you conscience any way you want. When your choice is between someone you don’t like and someone you hate, well you figure it out because like it or not you don’t have any other choice.

In the primaries I will vote my conscience, and is Duncan Hunter, in the general I will vote pragmatically. That will be whomever the GOP nominates, hopefully Fred Thompson, but even if its Rudy, I will vote the only chance I have of keeping a democrat out of office.

Your in a combat situation, you only have one bullet left in your M16, on your right is a local native who doesn’t particularly like you, on your left is an insurgent hell bent on killing you, which one do you shoot, remember shooting yourself isn’t an option. Like it or not this is the situation you are in. Better make up your mind, shooting the old lady selling taco’s down the street really isn’t an option either, so whats it going to be?

doriangrey on October 2, 2007 at 6:14 PM

(although I AM a conservative…).
Romeo13 on October 2, 2007 at 6:03 PM

Just a question……

During the immigration train wreck this year, which I assume you were against – since you are a conservative – did you call, fax, or write your elected representatives?

Mcguyver on October 2, 2007 at 6:14 PM

Mcguyver on October 2, 2007 at 6:14 PM

Hmmm, let me think……..Oh yea, yes I did, on a daily basis, however I don’t think it did much good. Boxer, Feinstein, sigh…yes I live in SoCal…… :(

doriangrey on October 2, 2007 at 6:19 PM

doriangrey on October 2, 2007 at 6:14 PM

Sigh… false analogy. I’d shoot the insurgent, then kill the other guy with my bayonet…

Once again you demonize the entire other side… and say the ONLY choice is to support a party that I feel is part of the problem.

I will vote for whoever I think would make the best President, regardless of party. Unless the Republican candidate can convince me of that, he won’t get my vote.

Romeo13 on October 2, 2007 at 6:23 PM

Mcguyver on October 2, 2007 at 6:14 PM

Yes, not quite daily, but close.

and I called my Reps and Senators from BOTH parties.

Romeo13 on October 2, 2007 at 6:25 PM

My point is that Rick Moran is hardly a household name

Buy Danish on October 2, 2007 at 5:32 PM

Then that is a bad point.

Brittany and Paris are household names if that is so important to you.

MB4 on October 2, 2007 at 5:45 PM

That^^^ is a great illustration of how to make really stupid and totally irrelevant point.

I was comparing Rush to Rick Moran. You know, like apples to apples?

doriangrey on October 2, 2007 at 5:46 PM

I did a lot of things over a 20 year period from production to marketing, and that included dealing with Rolling Stone, but I was not a musician.

I don’t want to say too much as I need to keep my super secret identity a secret!

By the way, I take issue with this statement. Where on Earth the Hell does this come from, particularly as I have not said a single thing AGAINST another Republican candidate all day (except maybe McCain):

doriangrey on October 2, 2007 at 4:06 PM

I’m NOT A REPUBLICAN!!! I am now, and have almost always been registered independant (SIC).

Romeo13 on October 2, 2007 at 6:03 PM

Romeo, I hate to get hung up on spelling, but if you are an Independent, doesn’t it behoove you to learn how to spell the freaking word??

Buy Danish on October 2, 2007 at 6:29 PM

Buy Danish on October 2, 2007 at 6:29 PM

Wow… thats right, don’t debate the facts, just the spelling…

Dismiss the opinion by pointing out spelling errors…

Nicccceeee tactic….

or was that another rhetorical comment or dumbazz comment…

sorry, I guess those of us who spent our time learning Bleeding Edge technology while defending our country would have spent that time better sitting in a spelling class…

My Mom, the retired English teacher, would probably agree with you.

Romeo13 on October 2, 2007 at 6:39 PM

Romeo13 on October 2, 2007 at 6:23 PM

Stabbing a guy who doesn’t like you is just plain evil. Just because he doesn’t like you doesn’t mean he wants to kill or even hurt you. Apparently in your narcissistic self centered universe the brutal reality of life just hasn’t gotten through to you yet. Your choice isn’t between who you think is best qualified and who is worst qualified.

In the primaries you get to vote for who you think is best qualified. In the general you have to choose between the lessor of two evils, refusing to choose one of the two is still choosing one of the two, its a Hobson’s choice, and like it or not it is the only choice you get.

doriangrey on October 2, 2007 at 6:42 PM

I want an AMERICAN President… not a globalist. I want someone who will LIMIT government, not make it larger. I want a CONSERVATIVE not a Neo Con or RINO….

Put one of them up and I’ll vote for your party…

Don’t and I’ll find a third party candidate to vote for.

Romeo13 on October 2, 2007 at 11:27 AM

This is what I don’t understand Romeo. You don’t want a laundry list of things but are willing to allow a sure fired Hillary! presidency in order to teach someone a lesson. You must be very young, because I don’t have enough time left to fight the absolute moral battle you seem to be willing to fight. In order for the SC to at least remain competitive, I’d vote for the emperor of chickenbristle. I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that a Hillary! SC will be ultra-liberal.

Sue on October 2, 2007 at 6:49 PM

doriangrey on October 2, 2007 at 6:14 PM

That is so easy.

You shoot the one who is bigger than you and then beat the other one over the head with your empty M16.

MB4 on October 2, 2007 at 6:51 PM

MB4,

This is why Rush is great while Rick Moran is mediocre:

HARKIN: I must say that as a veteran, I find it offensive that Rush Limbaugh, who never put on the uniform of this country, would attack the patriotism and the dedication of any soldier fighting in Iraq. I’ve often said about someone like that, “Before they drape themselves in the flag of this country, they ought to put on the uniform first to defend it,” and in Mr. Limbaugh’s case, he wouldn’t do that. Well, I also find it disturbing that his offensive comments have not been condemned by our Republican colleagues or by the commander-in-chief, all of whom are so quick to condemn a similar personal attack on General Petraeus several weeks ago.

RUSH:…Now, Senator Harkin talked about the fact that he was a veteran. “While running for his Senate seat in 1984, and again while running for the Democratic presidential nomination in 1992, Harkin has faced criticism for claiming that he had flown combat missions over North Vietnam. In a 1979 round table discussion with other Congressional veterans, Harkin said of his service as a Navy pilot: ‘One year was in Vietnam. I was flying F-4s and F-8s on combat air patrols and photo-reconnaissance support missions.’ These comments were later published in a 1981 book by David Broder. After subsequent inquiries by Barry Goldwater and The Wall Street Journal, Harkin clarified that that he had been stationed in Japan and sometimes flew recently repaired aircraft on test missions over Vietnam. His service flying F-4s and F-8s was later, while he was stationed in Cuba. References to this controversy were deleted from Wikipedia by staffers from Harkin’s Senate office.” Also note: I haven’t worn the uniform; I’m not qualified to speak. I’m not allowed. This is a Stalinist-like approach.

Rush nails it once again.

Rush. Moran. Rush. Moran. I think I’ll go with Rush.

Buy Danish on October 2, 2007 at 6:52 PM

Wow… thats right, don’t debate the facts, just the spelling…

Romeo,

I’ve been debating the facts all day, but it’s pretty annoying when someone can’t even spell the name of their own political party.

And please, spare us the self-righteousness:

My Mom, the retired English teacher, would probably agree with you.

Romeo13 on October 2, 2007 at 6:39 PM

Buy Danish on October 2, 2007 at 6:57 PM

I’ll bet that it’s mostly Soros money, laundered, starched and pressed.

georgej on October 2, 2007 at 7:00 PM

Unless the Republican candidate can convince me of that, he won’t get my vote.
Romeo13 on October 2, 2007 at 6:23 PM

Does your state allow you to vote in any party primary, if, you are not registered to vote in that given party?

Mcguyver on October 2, 2007 at 7:03 PM

That is so easy.

MB4 on October 2, 2007 at 6:51 PM

Like I told Romeo13, killing a guy just because he doesn’t like you is a serious indication that you are profoundly f%^ked in the head and probably shouldn’t be making decision more important than whether to have butter or jelly on your toast in the morning.

When interviewing his senior officers for the then new nuclear navy Admiral Rickover used to invite his prospective officers out to breakfast. Bacon and eggs toast and hash browns, if the prospective candidate put salt on his food before tasting it Admiral Rickover would finish breakfast and sent the man on his way. The candidate had washed out and never even knew it.

Why? because he made a foolish assumption and Admiral Rickover believed that a man who made foolish assumptions about irrelevant simply things could not be trusted to not make foolish assumptions about critical life and death matters. By Admiral Rickover’s standards, you and Romeo13 just washed out, collect you gear and report back to your units.

doriangrey on October 2, 2007 at 7:04 PM

My Mom, the retired English teacher, would probably agree with you.

Romeo13 on October 2, 2007 at 6:39 PM

Does your mom have computer access?

I mean you just never know for sure who could be behind the mask.

MB4 on October 2, 2007 at 7:04 PM

MB4 on October 2, 2007 at 6:51 PM

But… but… dorian just told me that would be EVILLLLLL!

LOL…

Dorian. Your premise is that we have only two choices, and that is a premise I choose to not believe. You say I HAVE to support the GOP or it is the same as supporting the Dems, and allowing socialism to take over… thats called fearmongering, and is a very old propoganda tactic… Nazis did it very well… as did Stalin… as did Mao. Chavez is working it now…

You say that a third party would not stand any chance at all???

Hmmm… Perot (who I voted for) got 15% of the vote… and that was in a LESS divided electorate than the one we have today. There are LESS people who designate themselves Reps or Dems than ever before… and at the time both Congress and the Pres had higher approval ratings then they do now….

And the media would love a catfight election…

Romeo13 on October 2, 2007 at 7:08 PM

Buy Danish on October 2, 2007 at 6:57 PM

Spare me the disdain.

Outa here folks… Woman just got home and its the cocktail hour…

Romeo13 on October 2, 2007 at 7:10 PM

You say that a third party would not stand any chance at all???

And the media would love a catfight election…

Romeo13 on October 2, 2007 at 7:08 PM

Reality sucks, it always has and it always will, wake up and smell whats left of the coffee, cause it burnt while you were snoozing.

doriangrey on October 2, 2007 at 7:12 PM

doriangrey on October 2, 2007 at 7:04 PM

It was your ridiculous analogy that had Hillary as “an insurgent hell bent on killing you” that we were both responding to, not one of either of ours as I don’t believe that either of us is so “profoundly f%^ked in the head and probably shouldn’t be making decision more important than whether to have butter or jelly on your toast in the morning” enough to think that Hillary is “an insurgent hell bent on killing you”.

MB4 on October 2, 2007 at 7:13 PM

doriangrey on October 2, 2007 at 7:04 PM

Ummm…. having met the good Admiral, and been in charge of Communications for ComSubPac, including these little things having to deal with Nuclear weapons… your judgement of us is highly suspect.

You are the one making judgements with limited data.

And making a political discusion a personal attack.

Romeo13 on October 2, 2007 at 7:14 PM

Romeo13 on October 2, 2007 at 7:10 PM

It’s not disdain Romeo. It’s how you chose to phrase that sentence, which was fairly obnoxious.

Buy Danish on October 2, 2007 at 7:19 PM

if the prospective candidate put salt on his food before tasting it Admiral Rickover would finish breakfast and sent the man on his way. By Admiral Rickover’s standards, you and Romeo13 just washed out, collect you gear and report back to your units.

doriangrey on October 2, 2007 at 7:04 PM

If so then Admiral Rickover must have been a very strange man to put so many eggs in such a salty little basket as that. Either that are very lazy. I guess I should just be glad that I was in the Army.

MB4 on October 2, 2007 at 7:20 PM

But… but… dorian just told me that would be EVILLLLLL!

LOL…

Romeo13 on October 2, 2007 at 7:08 PM

Dorian has no sense of humor as he seems to not even be able to laugh at his own analogies.

MB4 on October 2, 2007 at 7:24 PM

You are the one making judgements with limited data.

And making a political discusion a personal attack.

Romeo13 on October 2, 2007 at 7:14 PM

No limited data judgments here, you’re the one threatening to go third party. He11 I am inviting you to do just that. But you god damn well better own what you do afterwards. Furthermore if you actually knew Admiral Rickover then you know that story is true.

It was your ridiculous analogy
MB4 on October 2, 2007 at 7:13 PM

And it was your choice to beat somebody over the head who wasn’t actually your enemy. Kind of exactly the way you have treated quite the number of people here at HotAir.

doriangrey on October 2, 2007 at 7:26 PM

Bumper sticker as designed for Rudy by Dorian Graphics Ltd:

I’m Rudy, vote for me or Hillary will kill you!
If that is not a good enough reason, then f##k you!

Rudy’s election is in the tank bag!

MB4 on October 2, 2007 at 7:33 PM

doriangrey on October 2, 2007 at 7:26 PM

It was YOUR analogy! And I’m a mild pussy cat to others here compared to you. Don’t you read your own comments?

MB4 on October 2, 2007 at 7:36 PM

Kind of exactly the way you (MB4) have treated quite the number of people here at HotAir.

doriangrey on October 2, 2007 at 7:26 PM

Par for the course…par for the course..

No wonder traffic has been way down here at HotAir..

Mcguyver on October 2, 2007 at 7:38 PM

MB4 on October 2, 2007 at 7:36 PM

No, I would have to be able to read to do that…..

doriangrey on October 2, 2007 at 7:39 PM

Par for the course…par for the course..

No wonder traffic has been way down here at HotAir..

Mcguyver on October 2, 2007 at 7:38 PM

You’re so right, AP being out for a week having his wisdom teeth yanked couldn’t possibly have had anything to do with it…And after all I’ve only been posting here on a daily basis for what the last year or so? I guess it had to show up sooner or later eh?

doriangrey on October 2, 2007 at 7:42 PM

Hmmm… Perot (who I voted for) got 15% of the vote…
Romeo13 on October 2, 2007 at 7:08 PM

Dude… umm… dude

What were you thinking? The man was a nutcase, even if Bush wasn’t a prize.

Hollowpoint on October 2, 2007 at 8:07 PM

I’m backkkk..

doriangrey on October 2, 2007 at 7:26 PM

You missed my point entirly. You are trying to make things so we ONLY have TWO choices… even in your silly scenario.. I was simply pointing out that there WERE more than two choices there.

I could choose not to shoot either… or kill both… while you were trying to make it a single point solution set, and would demonize anyone who chose differently, AS YOU THEN PROCEEDED TO DO!!!

And PS, the Rickover thing is a myth. He was asked about it once on a Navy interview and he said somthing about how silly that whole story was, because it would be showing HIM to be the one to make snap decisions with only limited data.

Now he was known for kicking people out of his office, but it was always well thought out ahead of time…

Romeo13 on October 2, 2007 at 8:26 PM

Hollowpoint on October 2, 2007 at 8:07 PM

I was thinking about a balanced budget, and protecting America… somthing neither major party was talking about…

and notice how we suddenly balanced the budget once Perot became a viable threat?

BOTH partys need a wake up call, as this thread so amply demonstrates…

Romeo13 on October 2, 2007 at 8:28 PM

I wonder how much of that is ill-gotten.

TheSitRep on October 2, 2007 at 8:43 PM

Just for the record—was most of this money from several large donors or from individuals and small groups, does anyone know? Seems to me if it was from a large cross section of the population then the votes coming her way would be very, very scarey. But, if from a few rabid, wealthy Dems., it might not represent a generalized popularity? Over the past few months it does seem as if she attracts(or Bill does)large sums of money but from relatively few donors.

jeanie on October 2, 2007 at 11:40 PM

jeanie on October 2, 2007 at 11:40 PM

Nope. She’s already said that she’s refusing to disclose donors until after she’s elected. Shocking, I know.

Hollowpoint on October 3, 2007 at 1:40 AM

So Hillary has a lot of money…

I don’t care. She’s still not getting my vote.

Besides, everyone know’s that it is Democrats that hoard their wealth, the more famous, the more stingy. Hillary, being among the most famous therefore likely has supporters who don’t even know the poor exist, but they sure do want whatever kickbacks Hillary has promised them in return.

Hillary is hated and dispised by many people, myself included. Bill Gates could give Hillary every last dime he has, and half the country still wouldn’t vote for her.

BKennedy on October 3, 2007 at 2:56 AM

Hollowpoint on October 3, 2007 at 1:40 AM

I got a bit of her list:

Hsa, Ned $4,600
Hso, Norbert $4,600
Hsu, Ned $4,600
Hsu, Norman $4,600
Hsu, Noman, $4,600
Hsu, Norbert $4,600

BKennedy on October 3, 2007 at 3:02 AM

It’s funny, although horrifying as well, to think of President Hillary Clinton and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi running the United States. People all over the world will go out of their way to show their contempt.

Kralizec on October 3, 2007 at 3:27 AM

Who’s gonna be this womans running mate? hmm?
Anyone know yet?… Lawyers in the WhiteHouse…kiss whats left of your Constitutional Rights Goodbye!!

johnnyU on October 3, 2007 at 4:55 AM

Soros has himself a viable whore here, bought and paid for.
Through this little bitch he has purchased what was the greatest country on earth.
They foul everything with their touch.

leanright on October 3, 2007 at 7:16 AM

Soros has himself a viable whore here, bought and paid for.
Through this little b*tch he has purchased what was the greatest country on earth.
They foul everything with their touch.

leanright on October 3, 2007 at 7:17 AM

BKennedy on October 3, 2007 at 3:02 AM

You’re actually not far off.

There were donations made by a Paul P. Hsu and a Paul P. Su, both of whom lived at the same address in Dix Hills, NY and Paul SU worked at Dilini – one of Norman Hsu’s companies.

Buy Danish on October 3, 2007 at 8:13 AM

Can she get away without disclosing her donors? I was under the impressions that she had to if asked? Wrong?

jeanie on October 3, 2007 at 9:45 AM

jeanie on October 3, 2007 at 9:45 AM

I’m not that familiar with election laws, but there was a story yesterday (might have been on Drudge, don’t remember) saying that she wasn’t going to disclose donors before the election.

I’m sure she’ll (mostly) declare the minimum degree necessary under the law, but given that the Clintons aren’t exactly friendly to the notion of transparency, it’s not a big surprise that the Clinton Crime Family isn’t going to disclose more than required.

Hollowpoint on October 3, 2007 at 12:54 PM

*sobs*

No. No! Not ‘game over’…not in my lifetime…my poor country…

Sigh. Well, we may as well begin preparing for the worst. What conditions should we start preparing for? Hiding guns? Inventive escape routes from our houses? Should I tell my church to begin getting ready to go underground when the libs outlaw some sermon topics as ‘hate speech’?

Help me out people. I am dead serious here.

Dark-Star on October 5, 2007 at 11:28 AM

I will not settle for Rudy, no I will not! If other repubs nominate him, then we deserve what we get, and maybe we can get our asses together and get a real candidate in 2012.

paulsur on October 5, 2007 at 10:54 PM