Video: Kanye loses another award

posted at 1:35 pm on October 1, 2007 by Allahpundit

From this weekend’s SNL, but much funnier than the Ahmadinejad serenade. Witness the paradox of Kanye, a prima donna whose ego is grand enough to lead him into public embarrassments yet not so grand that he won’t lampoon himself for it afterwards. He and Mike Myers reprised his infamous Katrina telethon ad lib last year on SNL, although Myers carried most of the comic load that time. This time it’s all West. It’s hard not to like him, his sporadic jerkiness notwithstanding.

Comments

I also liked his persistent reference to the “Nobel Peace Prize for Chemistry.”

Alex K on October 1, 2007 at 1:37 PM

I already thought Kanye was a moron… and as hilarious as that was, I feel that he’s proven me right…

j_ehman on October 1, 2007 at 1:48 PM

Isn’t it grand when ignorant, racist losers can have a good laugh at themselves and get paid for it?

This is type clown does more to hurt the Black American image than any of the stereotypes of the last century, along with the bar lowering White idiots that think it’s cool and have their underpants and white ass sticking out of their pants to show it.

Hening on October 1, 2007 at 1:54 PM

That was pretty funny. I don’t like Kanye, but that was amusing.

Troy Rasmussen on October 1, 2007 at 1:55 PM

Heh. Fu*k Kanye West, generally speaking, but that was funny.

Jaibones on October 1, 2007 at 1:57 PM

I’m with Troy and Jai in thinking that was a pretty funny clip and that Mr. West still sucks anyways. Kanye sure does a good job of wiggling out of all the stupid sh*t he says.

BadgerHawk on October 1, 2007 at 1:59 PM

sporadic jerkiness

Sporadic?

Bad Candy on October 1, 2007 at 2:01 PM

It was funny, but Kanye is a total dick.

Bad Candy on October 1, 2007 at 2:03 PM

Hening on October 1, 2007 at 1:54 PM

Heh. You said underpants.

TexasDan on October 1, 2007 at 2:14 PM

It’s hard not to like him.

No it isn’t. It’s as easy as sitting in a chair.

He’s the poster boy for “How Not to be a Role Model”. He butchers the English language and can’t get through a sentence without cursing.

fogw on October 1, 2007 at 2:27 PM

Nope, still can’t find a reason to like him. A skit on SNL is one thing (approved by producers). It’s when he opens his mouth on every other occasion that you see the real moron

stacman on October 1, 2007 at 2:28 PM

In the words of yet ANOTHER comedian…. “looooohoohooser”.

And TexasDan..I nearly squirted drink through my nose. Thanks.

tickleddragon on October 1, 2007 at 2:30 PM

Recreating a situation where someone acted like a jerkoff is only slightly humorous for the ‘hey, look at (assboy) make an assboy of himself again’ factor.

James on October 1, 2007 at 2:42 PM

that was REALLY funny! I didn’t think the Amadinejad clip was funny. But that was appropriate and funny.

ThackerAgency on October 1, 2007 at 2:47 PM

I enjoyed that skip alot, and thought Kanye (oops, sorry, I meant “KanYe”) did an admirable job at lampooning his own stupidity. But… I’m pretty convinced the only reason he did it is because his business managers were scrambling to fix the royal mess he’s making of his career every time he opens his mouth.

As soon his commentary on the MTV music awards hit the air, they were already on the phone with Lorne Michaels, I wager.

Mindcrime on October 1, 2007 at 3:11 PM

I think Kanye’s publicist should just accept awards from him to prevent the public from the horreur that is Kanye West’s vocabulary and ego.

Nethicus on October 1, 2007 at 3:13 PM

he’s a moron… he’s a cry baby… and he’s a racist…

yeah it’s hard to like him…

Kaptain Amerika on October 1, 2007 at 3:16 PM

“It’s hard not to like him”

It is for me. Nothing this guy does could ever undo his idiot status in my mind. He’s a racist.

rayvet on October 1, 2007 at 3:27 PM

Kaptain Amerika on October 1, 2007 at 3:16 PM

Bingo. Well said.

Jaibones on October 1, 2007 at 3:32 PM

Who is this poopy diaper clown and why should I care?

locomotivebreath1901 on October 1, 2007 at 3:53 PM

he’s right about one thing … you can’t trust the media!

mfnorman on October 1, 2007 at 4:05 PM

I know I will get some people hopping mad but I went to a recent concert of Kanye West and there is no denying his talent as a rapper. I doubt anybody could listen to his great song “Stronger” and not like it. Yes he has a big ego but he does know how to laugh at himself. Watch the video he made with John Mayer and I promise that everybody will get a good laugh.
You don’t have to be liberal to appreciate rap at its best!

Larraby on October 1, 2007 at 6:00 PM

Larraby on October 1, 2007 at 6:00 PM

You don’t have to be liberal or conservative to be duplicitous and whiny. Typically, I think liberalism inspires wussitude. But conservatives always find someway to be just as weak and limpwristed as liberals.

Ted Nugent can say anything he wants. He is never too offensive or seemingly imbalanced. What would the performers of the past been caught saying if their media was as ubiquitous as ours currently is?

Everybody from Elvis to GNR has put their foot in their mouth, more than once. But Kanye West broke some cardinal conservative rule. Please.

Please, save the troll accusations. I lean right, but I think straight. Unless we agree on every issue, I am a troll. How quaint.

Your labels don’t stop me from waving a flag in my front yard.

Much of the music I listen to, movies I watch and comedians I like are offensive to somebody. Being offensive to people within my own party is only par for the course.

The Race Card on October 1, 2007 at 6:54 PM

Kanye West doesn’t care about other people.

sulla on October 1, 2007 at 8:28 PM

It’s CON?YEAH!

And he’s still a moron.

PoliticallyIncorrectSandy on October 1, 2007 at 9:57 PM

Larraby on October 1, 2007 at 6:00 PM

Agreed that it’s a great song. It’s too bad he stole it from Daft Punk!

hollygolightly on October 1, 2007 at 10:37 PM

Reminds me of Jerry Rice of the 49ers who, many years ago, got upset that his quarterback, Tony Montana, won superbowl MVP and not him, claiming that Joe Montana won the MVP only because he was white. It should have gone to his receiver, Jerry Rice.

Said Jerry Rice.

jihadwatcher on October 2, 2007 at 5:36 AM

Oh I get it…if you go on TV and poke fun at yourself it negates all the crap you throw out. Makes everything OK. Crybaby.

LtE126 on October 2, 2007 at 6:59 AM

“Touch the Sky” is a great rap song!

Larraby on October 2, 2007 at 1:29 PM