Saturday open thread

posted at 12:06 pm on September 29, 2007 by Bryan

If you’re like me, you have stuff to do on Saturday that generally doesn’t involve deep thoughts on politics. So tawk amongst yaselves. We’ll be in and out.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Love the flying lawnmower! How the heck does that work? Gotta run, my dog’s complaining that it’s way past her dinnertime. G’night all.

4shoes on September 29, 2007 at 11:05 PM

Don’t show this to my neighbors!

(Mowing at 7 a.m. on Sunday morning is bad enough.)

Although I think Walter Brennen’s classic version of “Tennesse Stud” would be a better musical choice for the soundtrack.

(More dramatic. And sonically more like a lawn-mower.)

profitsbeard on September 29, 2007 at 11:34 PM

Not your father’s Sweet Home Alabama

MB4 on September 29, 2007 at 11:34 PM

Last month I attended a Weekend Party. At one point we played the party game “Celebrities” and I entered “Michelle Malkin”. Sorry to say, out of the 12 of us playing, only one other person knew who she is, so she was voted out after the first round.

hadsil on September 30, 2007 at 1:27 AM

Well, the kids and I are leaving in an hour to pick up Mom at the airport, and I was wondering if I should throw some Play-Doh on a circuit board and wear it on my chest.

The Kos Kidz thought it was a great idea, but I thought I’d check here too.

saint kansas on September 30, 2007 at 9:03 AM

(More dramatic. And sonically more like a lawn-mower.)

profitsbeard on September 29, 2007 at 11:34 PM

I really like that song, the only time I hear it is when some friends of mine up north get together and sing folk songs.

4shoes on September 30, 2007 at 9:09 AM

Not your father’s Sweet Home Alabama

MB4 on September 29, 2007 at 11:34 PM

That was pretty dang cool…….

doriangrey on September 30, 2007 at 11:46 AM

Not your father’s Sweet Home Alabama
MB4 on September 29, 2007 at 11:34 PM

That was great. Thanks for posting.

Slublog on September 30, 2007 at 7:51 PM

Man, where was that flying lawnmower when the Dinnerjacket was in town? One good flyover of that badboy would have given him something to think about. Like: “We’ll never beat these infidels!!! They have the most productive work-force in the world, and look at all the freakin’ time they have on their hands!”

smellthecoffee on September 30, 2007 at 11:04 PM