Media Matters leads dishonest smear on Rush Limbaugh’s “phony soldiers” line Video added

posted at 12:45 pm on September 28, 2007 by Bryan

Earlier in the week, it was Bill O’Reilly. Now, it’s Rush Limbaugh in the crosshairs as the lefty Gestapo hunts another head. Like the O’Reilly smear, they’re wrong on the facts here too. But being wrong hasn’t yet gotten in the way of attempting a gotcha if it has a chance of destroying a prominent conservative’s career. Hawkins has the transcript of the exchange in question. Upon reading it, it’s obvious to me that Rush is talking about the actual phony soldiers that the left trots out periodically to criticize the war, as well as fabulists who are in the military but also make themselves useful to the anti-war left by becoming war critics.

People like Jesse MacBeth, who never went to Iraq but claimed to have participated in atrocities there.

People like Micah Wright.

And people like Scott Thomas Beauchamp.

These are all people touted by lefty war critics who turned out to be phony in one way or another. And every time conservatives debunk one of them, the leftists who supported them back quietly away to await the emergence of another one. They’re all looking for the next John Kerry to come along, smear the troops and drive up more anti-war sentiment among the voters. The Media Matters smear merchants never mention these actual phonies in their wholly dishonest diatribe, though, and the lefty blogs just regurgitate whatever Media Matters says about conservatives.

Update: Rush responds.

Update: Rick Moran disagrees with my position. He’s wrong. It’s more than obvious that Limbaugh was talking about the actual phonies like the ones I mentioned above, and not casting left-leaning troops as phonies themselves. Moran’s stance lacks factual context. Here’s the transcript: Rush specifically mentions MacBeth, the phony soldier, right after the call in question.

Here is a Morning Update that we did recently, talking about fake soldiers. This is a story of who the left props up as heroes. They have their celebrities and one of them was Army Ranger Jesse Macbeth. Now, he was a “corporal.” I say in quotes. Twenty-three years old. What made Jesse Macbeth a hero to the anti-war crowd wasn’t his Purple Heart; it wasn’t his being affiliated with post-traumatic stress disorder from tours in Afghanistan and Iraq. No. What made Jesse Macbeth, Army Ranger, a hero to the left was his courage, in their view, off the battlefield, without regard to consequences. He told the world the abuses he had witnessed in Iraq, American soldiers killing unarmed civilians, hundreds of men, women, even children. In one gruesome account, translated into Arabic and spread widely across the Internet, Army Ranger Jesse Macbeth describes the horrors this way: “We would burn their bodies. We would hang their bodies from the rafters in the mosque.”

If you’re following Media Matters’ take on this, you’re being snookered. End of story.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Michelle has Franklin’s email. Can she get a quote from him on this?

JiangxiDad on September 28, 2007 at 12:50 PM

Media Matters has a long and dishonest claim to fame…

anyone whol believes what they say has to be designated as a MOON BAT!

robo on September 28, 2007 at 12:51 PM

If you want to know why Media Matter sucks, look no further than the person that founded it. :D

JayHaw Phrenzie on September 28, 2007 at 12:52 PM

Rush is using all of his brain this morning, to set’em straight!

Great going there, Rush.

Watch for a Rush basher, or two, to pop into the comments here…

Mcguyver on September 28, 2007 at 12:52 PM

What’s new? This is afterall … what they do. Is there any legal recourse against them?

darwin on September 28, 2007 at 12:55 PM

I think it’s time for some lawsuits against Media Matters…

jdawg on September 28, 2007 at 12:56 PM

I’d like to see Bill O’Reilly have Rush on to talk about it or vice versa…together they could (and do) lay waste to Media Matters and their ilk….I’d also like to see MM tied directly to Hillary in the MSM…

canvas on September 28, 2007 at 12:58 PM

The left hates and fears the truth. They can only fight with lies. I guess there’ll always be a market for this kind of slanderous sh** among the idiot left.

Give’em hell Rush!

Ex-tex on September 28, 2007 at 12:59 PM

Eric Alterman and his band of left wing Media Matters loonies should be called to task and sued whenever appropriate.

rplat on September 28, 2007 at 1:00 PM

I would sue Media Matters and whomever is funding them *cough Soros cough* because even though the standard legally for libel is far higher for a famous person then a normal person, this is such a willful ignoring of the facts and context of both this and O’Reilly that it might meet the element of ignorant malice.

If you can think of a better libel example of actual malice in a case, then I’d sue on behalf of them

Defector01 on September 28, 2007 at 1:06 PM

Ha. Saw a story on CNN.com, so it seems they took the bait.

I’m actually less irritated with Media Matters than I am with the media for pretending this stuff is news. They keep getting burned by these guys, and yet run with the stuff anyway. How much more damage will they allow their reputations to suffer?

Slublog on September 28, 2007 at 1:11 PM

Rush is pummeling these losers today, deservedly so.

JammieWearingFool on September 28, 2007 at 1:14 PM

I’m glad to see it. Rush and O’Reilly won’t roll over for them like our elected reps seem to do. They’ll fight back. And this will bring the radical left out into the open, at last.

petefrt on September 28, 2007 at 1:16 PM

Slublog on September 28, 2007 at 1:11 PM

Yep, I don’t get it either, Slublog.

Geez, pretty soon CNN and MSNBC will be airing Onion parodies as real news.

BacaDog on September 28, 2007 at 1:19 PM

I’d rather they fight in a court of law and shut down those bastards

Defector01 on September 28, 2007 at 1:20 PM

Geez, pretty soon CNN and MSNBC will be airing Onion parodies as real news.

BacaDog on September 28, 2007 at 1:19 PM

I thought that’s what they’re doing now…

jdawg on September 28, 2007 at 1:21 PM

Personally, I am all for the spotlight on Soros’s stooge operation media meters.
O’Rielly declared war. Good, marginalize the hack group.

Topsecretk9 on September 28, 2007 at 1:24 PM

Geez people, I am for not only the media matters folks talk, but I’m for cranking up the volume. As long as the facts support the person being smeared, who looks like the fool?

swami on September 28, 2007 at 1:26 PM

swami on September 28, 2007 at 1:26 PM

I agree with you to a point, but the masses aren’t really good at fact checking. They are headline readers. How do you think the libs keep getting the minority vote?

samuelrylander on September 28, 2007 at 1:29 PM

I agree with swami, let these asshats run their mouths, put the facts out there so people don’t get suckered in, the fact that the assclowns are doing this clumsy stuff is to our benefit.

Bad Candy on September 28, 2007 at 1:31 PM

samuelrylander on September 28, 2007 at 1:29 PM

The folks you speak of are going to vote with the dems no matter what. And it’s not because they are stupid, it’s because they’re dependant on the lefty entitlement programs. Those folks aren’t going to change regardless of what the facts are.

swami on September 28, 2007 at 1:33 PM

Am I alone is sensing the lefty bloggers are reduced to this trumped up nonsense because they are essentially useless and ignored by their elected leaders?

Topsecretk9 on September 28, 2007 at 1:36 PM

In a smear campaign, facts and truth have limited value, as there’s only so much someone’s reputation/credibility/influenece can be restored after the initial damage is done. That’s why it’s called ‘dirty’ campaigning, and that’s why Team Soros does it.

petefrt on September 28, 2007 at 1:36 PM

What happen? My comment is awaiting moderation? The …heck for, I said …arse twice.

Bad Candy on September 28, 2007 at 1:37 PM

What is really perplexing (well to me at least) is the number of people who will believe a smear that is wholly built upon a false premise. Take away the false premise and there is literally nothing there. But they still want to believe it.

infidel4life on September 28, 2007 at 1:38 PM

This is good exposure to get the phony soldiers exposed in the MSM for who they really are.

Valiant on September 28, 2007 at 1:38 PM

Ah, there we go. I’m sorry, but that’s weird, unless I got nicked on some inadvertant spelling of something.

Bad Candy on September 28, 2007 at 1:38 PM

Geez, pretty soon CNN and MSNBC will be airing Onion parodies as real news.

they’ve been there….

–1–
–2–
–3–

…and done that.

Topsecretk9 on September 28, 2007 at 1:43 PM

The point that seems to be overlooked is that neither the Media Matters transcript nor what right-wing news has posted is complete. Read the full transcript, including what Rush said right after that call:

link

He specifically named Jesse Macbeth as one of the “phony soldiers”. So naturally, Media Matters left that part out.

johnny dollar on September 28, 2007 at 1:44 PM

Topsecretk9 on September 28, 2007 at 1:36 PM

You are not alone.

asshats…assclowns

BC, those are the two best words to describe these cowards.

KelliD on September 28, 2007 at 1:46 PM

Anyone not completing basic training is not a soldier. Macbeth did not complete and he lied about commendations and experiences like that other guy Scott whatshisname.

The Dems want to use what ever they can to smear Rush and O’Reilly.

dogsoldier on September 28, 2007 at 1:49 PM

In reference to Rush’s stint on ESPN as a football analyst, the media still refer to that story as Rush’s “racist remarks” or some other blather. I don’t know that the MSM is interested in exposing dishonesty on the part of the left.

So…to my not so humble opinion…I don’t think this will change anyone’s opinion about anything, or expose anything to anyone. The people that hear it and believe it will believe it because they already hate Rush. They won’t check for the truth. The people who hear it and don’t believe it will not believe because they know Rush doesn’t say stupid and inane things.

samuelrylander on September 28, 2007 at 1:49 PM

samuelrylander on September 28, 2007 at 1:49 PM

Exactly, anyone who would believe this cr@p already believes cr@p like this and no amount of facts are going to change their minds.

doriangrey on September 28, 2007 at 1:53 PM

Rush’s explanation from the first hour of his show today.

rslancer14 on September 28, 2007 at 2:07 PM

Hooray, for HotAir!

This from Rush’s website…..

These are resources that I have added to everything else that I use for show prep. Show prep is, of course, an ongoing and never-ending thing.
• NR’s The Corner • Hugh Hewitt • Captain’s Quarters • Power Line • Red State • Little Green Footballs • Strata-Sphere • Michelle Malkin • Debbie Schlussel • Hot-Air • Insta-Pundit • American Thinker • Radio Equalizer

Mcguyver on September 28, 2007 at 2:18 PM

The only problem with letting Media Matters and the others run their mouths is that even though the facts are out there for all to see a lot of people still don’t bother to find out.

I heard a show on the radio yesterday afternoon that was STILL blind to the facts about what O’Reilly said. The guy was just bashing Bill and saying he wasn’t surprised about what supposedly was said – and obviously wasn’t interested in facts.

How many people are out there like this guy? Unfortunately, quite a few.

woodman on September 28, 2007 at 2:19 PM

rslancer14

Thanks for the link! How long before YouTube pulls this video?

El Guapo on September 28, 2007 at 2:23 PM

Thanks for the link! How long before YouTube pulls this video?

El Guapo on September 28, 2007 at 2:23 PM

Probably just as soon as they realize that its there.

doriangrey on September 28, 2007 at 2:34 PM

I think Rush should remark that he was unaware there were so many Democrats that support Jesse McBeth and the Onion parody would be:

Non-Partisan, Soros funded CREW files slander suit against Rush for their client Jesse McBeth, funded by the Soros funded Media Matters

Topsecretk9 on September 28, 2007 at 2:35 PM

Slu, Baca, you’re both starting from false assumptions: that the MSM’s mission is to inform fairly and completely, and that it cares at all what its reputation and level of credibility is with those of us on this side of the divide. Neither of those assertions is remotely true, although they both ought to be.

Mike H on September 28, 2007 at 2:59 PM

It’s a post-Imus world. Expect this to happen a lot more often.

Asher on September 28, 2007 at 3:02 PM

ScrewTube has already frozen the view counter at 215 and other users are reporting that it is being omitted from search results.

Typical.

mojojojo on September 28, 2007 at 3:10 PM

Rule 1: If George Soros/David Brock says it, it’s a f-ing lie.

Rule 2: Anybody who quotes media matters as “truth” is a stupid piece of sh*t.

George Soros is an ulcerated sore on the anus of America.

georgej on September 28, 2007 at 3:24 PM

So now the pressure is on all of these idiots to come out and support Jessie MacBeth.
This is where O’R, on his show because he has guests, asks about the lefts support of Jessie MacBeth. And how they hold him up to be the model soldier.

right2bright on September 28, 2007 at 3:30 PM

Sadly, Uncle Jimbo at B5 forgot his training, picked up the helmet and blew his own leg off. Very disappointing.

TBinSTL on September 28, 2007 at 4:49 PM

I strongly advocate the principle of charity in interpretation. You should always assume the best about what other people have to say. It doesn’t just make you nicer, but it also makes for a far, stronger case. By assuming the worse about opponents say, Media Matters fails to advance rational dialogue. We should be careful that we don’t do it ourselves.

thuja on September 28, 2007 at 4:54 PM

People like Micah Wright.

And people like Scott Thomas Beauchamp.

I feel like you’re forgetting about approx. a dozen others… What about that woman who the NY Times pumped up, only to find out she’d never been to Iraq and she was borderline insane.

What about that dude (can’t remember his name or his exact story), I want to say he was going around speaking in Louisiana or something, who claimed he had stacked bodies in tractor trailors in Iraq (among other things).

What about the imaginary guy and little girl that were the focus of a University’ newspaper… I can’t remember this case exactly either, but it seems like they were printing these sad letters from this little girl who missed her dad who was fighting in Iraq, etc. It was a running series until the paper got busted for running a total fraud.

And I’m sure I’m forgetting plenty more. You should update and expand that list.

RightWinged on September 28, 2007 at 5:06 PM

What’s wrong with these leftists. Don’t they know that our “talking head heroes” can do no wrong? Why don’t we just kick them out of country. McCain was right. Right? We conservitives can use a double standard whenever we see fit. And when we’re called out, we must always deny, deny, deny, and cry like babies because they’re picking on us.

Crazy lefties.

sandman on September 28, 2007 at 5:09 PM

sandman on September 28, 2007 at 5:09 PM

Read the transcript. I’ve helpfully quoted it above.

Bryan on September 28, 2007 at 5:34 PM

Rush is wrong here in recalling his infamous Michael J. Fox incident, but he’s totally in the clear on this one.

The Ugly American on September 28, 2007 at 5:39 PM

Read the transcript. I’ve helpfully quoted it above.

Bryan on September 28, 2007 at 5:34 PM

Sounds like a moby troll to me, which of course means fact don’t count because the fictional narrative is more important.

doriangrey on September 28, 2007 at 5:39 PM

I have a different take on this. Immediately preceding the phony soldiers quote there was another caller who claimed to be a Republican who had served in the military, but he was not believeable.

Here is part of the transcript:

RUSH: Mike, you can’t possibly be a Republican.

CALLER: I am.

RUSH: You can’t be Republican.

CALLER: Oh, I am definitely Republican.

RUSH: You sound just like a Democrat.

CALLER: No, but seriously, Rush, how long do we have to stay there?

RUSH: As long as it takes.

CALLER: How long?

RUSH: As long as it takes. It is very serious. This is the United States of America at war with Islamofascists. Just like your job, you do everything you have to do, whatever it takes to get it done, if you take it seriously.

CALLER: So then you say we need to stay there forever?

RUSH: No, Bill — (Laughing) or Mike. I’m sorry. I’m confusing you with the guy from Texas.

CALLER: I used to be military, okay, and I am a Republican.

RUSH: Yeah.

CALLER: And I do listen to you, but —

RUSH: Right, I know. And I, by the way, used to walk on the moon.

CALLER: How long do we have to stay there?

RUSH: You’re not listening to what I say. You can’t possibly be a Republican. I’m answering every question; it’s not what you want to hear, and so it’s not even penetrating your little wall of armor you’ve got built up. I said we stay to get the job done, as long as it takes. I didn’t say forever. Nothing takes forever. That’s not possible, Bill. Mike. Whatever. Nobody lives forever, no situation lasts forever, everything ends. We determine how do we want it to end, in our favor or in our defeat? With people like you in charge, who want to put a timeline on everything — do you ever get anything done in your life? Or do you say, “Well, I wanted to have this done by now, and it’s not, so screw it”? You don’t live your life that way. Well, hell, you might, I don’t know. But the limitations that you want to impose here are senseless, and they, frankly, portray no evidence that you are a Republican.

Immediately after that call you get “Mike” who refers to the previous caller. That is where the phony soldier term comes out, and when the call ends Rush immediately talks about Jesse Macbeth.

The second call begins here:

Another Mike. This one in Olympia, Washington. Welcome to the EIB Network. Hello.

CALLER: Hi, Rush. Thanks for taking my call.

RUSH: You bet.

CALLER: I have a retort to Mike in Chicago, because I am serving in the American military, in the Army. I’ve been serving for 14 years, very proudly.

RUSH: Thank you, sir.

et cetera…

Buy Danish on September 28, 2007 at 6:01 PM

Rule 1: If George Soros/David Brock says it, it’s a f-ing lie.

Rule 2: Anybody who quotes media matters as “truth” is a stupid piece of sh*t.

George Soros is an ulcerated sore on the anus of America.

georgej on September 28, 2007 at 3:24 PM

The Death of the Grown up….

Bradky on September 28, 2007 at 6:25 PM

Mr. Phony Erection.

sandman on September 28, 2007 at 6:54 PM

It is obvious that George Soros is going to do all he can through Media Matters and Moveon.org to shut up and practically destroy anyone who dares to speak up for conservative values. I don’t care how much money this palooka has. He doesn’t possess a single ounce of integrity anywhere in his system. I’m inspired to see that Limbaugh and O’Reilly have the guts to stand up to this leftist bully. Too bad the so-called Democratic leadership lack the backbone to do the same. If Ronald Reagan were still around, there is no way Soros would have gained the foothold he has right now.

pilamaye on September 28, 2007 at 7:22 PM

This latest smear-job on Rush Limbaugh is as pathetic as the rest.

I have to conclude that MediaMatters is desperately trying to take the heat off of the, “Betray-us,” ad controversy.

How ironic that some of the Dems who couldn’t bring themselves condemn the Betray-us ad are calling for Rush Limbaugh’s head.

Sickening.

JannyMae on September 28, 2007 at 7:25 PM

Hey, pilamaye, my thought exactly.

petefrt on September 28, 2007 at 7:52 PM

Don’t forget who’s funding MMfA: George Soros. Although not completely, Soros has big bucks invested in MMfA, much like Moron.org. MMfA is nothing but a front group for Shrillary.

pdigaudio on September 28, 2007 at 8:33 PM

Petfry and Pilamaye,

I’m not sure it has to do with conservative values. They just want to destroy anyone who can bring down Hillary with the truth. And they want to distract from their own scandals and missteps.

Imus…O’Reilly…Rush. Next up?

JannyMae on September 28, 2007 at 7:25 PM

No doubt the Petraeus fiasco has a bit to do with it. They have just been waiting for an opportunity to pounce.

Buy Danish on September 28, 2007 at 8:59 PM

Rush Limbaugh- “With people like you in charge, who want to put a timeline on everything — do you ever get anything done in your life? Or do you say, “Well, I wanted to have this done by now, and it’s not, so screw it”? You don’t live your life that way. Well, hell, you might, I don’t know. But the limitations that you want to impose here are senseless, and they, frankly, portray no evidence that you are a Republican.”

If the Ford Motor company had an attitude like Rush’s above, they would still be pumping vast resources into and still be trying to market the Edsel.

There would never have been a Ford Mustang.

Would there even be a Ford Motor company anymore?

MB4 on September 28, 2007 at 9:27 PM

Buy Danish, that call ties in perfectly… there’s a long string of people who pretend to be in the military and then discredit it. Also if you’ve actually listened to Rush at all, you know he gets callers all the time that start like this, “I’m a republican, but the republicans are totally wrong on XXXX” Its a typical tactic of the left to make up stuff like this.

Etain P on September 28, 2007 at 9:30 PM

If you’re following Media Matters’ take on this anything, you’re being snookered. End of story.

I fixed that for you, dear moderator. :-)

SouthernGent on September 28, 2007 at 9:44 PM

Etain P on September 28, 2007 at 9:30 PM

Exactly, the “Seminar callers”.

Buy Danish on September 28, 2007 at 9:45 PM

Rush Limbaugh- “Or do you say, “Well, I wanted to have this done by now, and it’s not, so screw it”?

Well if they didn’t say “screw it” then:

Wells Fargo would still be trying to make the Pony Express viable.

Coca Cola company would still be concentrating on “New Coke”.

Harald Stassen would still be running for President.

And Geraldo would still be spending most of his time looking for Jimmy Hoffa.

MB4 on September 28, 2007 at 9:46 PM

MB4 on September 28, 2007 at 9:27 PM

That was a rather silly analogy. Rush was talking about giving up and surrendering, not endlessly producing the wrong widget.

Buy Danish on September 28, 2007 at 9:50 PM

One thing I know about Rush,he tells the truth,
everything he says are factual,all his information is correct,or he doesn’t say it.
He knows there are Liberal Moonbats listening everyday,and every one of them are in absolute lock-step talking point
Liberal tote-the-line robots.
Like I’ve said before it’s going to get alot worse,Democrats
and the media have already pegged Hillary as President(G!D forbid).
And as I said before they think they got screwed-over in the last two elections,and there going to do what ever it takes.
While I’m on a roll does eveybody remember the Democrats were going to court to try and stop the Military from overseas from counting their votes.
I don’t know if this means Liberals weren’t supporting the troops or were getting screwed over in the election by trying to deny the soldiers right to have his vote counted!

canopfor on September 28, 2007 at 10:00 PM

That was a rather silly analogy.

Well, Rush is a rather silly spokesman for the Iraq war!!!

I didn’t know that Rush was fighting. And surrendering to whom?

Buy Danish on September 28, 2007 at 9:50 PM

MB4 on September 28, 2007 at 10:05 PM

One thing I know about Rush,he tells the truth,

canopfor on September 28, 2007 at 10:00 PM

lol.

So Rush is the Pope?

I thought that was Pope Benedict XVI.

Did I miss some important news?

Am I on candid camera?

MB4 on September 28, 2007 at 10:10 PM

thanks Bryan , I missed the beginning of this on rush today {class and all } and you saved me the trouble of digging for it on youtube.

Media matters but the truth doesn’t should be their slogan .

Testify Rush

Mojack420 on September 28, 2007 at 10:14 PM

Buy Danish

Agreed.

petefrt on September 28, 2007 at 10:19 PM

One thing I know about Rush he tells the truth…

MB4 on September 28,2007 at 10:10PM.

Megadittos MB4,so as a Republican you sound like you don’t have much love for Rush Limbaugh eh!

canopfor on September 28, 2007 at 10:53 PM

canopfor on September 28, 2007 at 10:53 PM

To canopfor,

Pssst….

[ssssh]…..let me tell you a secret.

MB4 is avoiding, me.

I’ve debated him endlessly, on the same things he is attempting, here, with you.

He avoided me here, today.

He never, had a response to my extensive, fact based, final analysis here – Mcguyver on September 24, 2007 at 11:46 PM – (which refers to other debates where he has been caught flatfooted by me).

The other day I caught him hijacking an unrelated thread, with his off-topic rhetoric here – Mcguyver on September 25, 2007 at 1:44 AM -
And now he’s in here, spewing his nonsense again!

He is completely wrong, and, cannot, win the debate with facts……

So what does he do?
He skips the threads where I oppose him with facts, denigrates my character, and spews it on unsuspecting commentators.

To canopfor, et al,
You, have been warned!

Mcguyver on September 28, 2007 at 11:37 PM

canopfor on September 28, 2007 at 10:53 PM

i used to listen to him a fair amount, but he can be too much of a lock-step Bush Republican for me.

The few times that I have listened to him lately he seems to have lost a lot of his substance and is boring to me.

I like Savage much better. He is more independent, smarter and much more interesting.

MB4 on September 28, 2007 at 11:38 PM

Mcguyver, you must get over your obsession with me. It is unhealthy for you and embarrassing for me.

MB4 on September 28, 2007 at 11:41 PM

et cetera…

Buy Danish on September 28, 2007 at 6:01 PM

Good call Buy Danish, I forgot about that.. I actually rarely listen to the radio, so I rarely catch any of the show unless I’m in my car, which strangely I was for both of those calls that day and I heard these live and didn’t think anything of the “phony soldiers” comment, because in context it made complete sense. But then, Media Matters never were big on context.

I had people attack me, back when I was running my blog, for making (what they called) a “black face Hillary”, and call me a hypocrite for being outraged over black face Lieberman… The problem was context. Mine was in response (and part of a post) about Hillary’s comments on MLK Jr Day… to a Harlem Church… as Sharpton’s guest… that the GOP was running congress “like a plantation, and you know what I’m talkin’ about”. (This was long before her “sister in worship”/”I don’t feel no ways tired” crap in Selma). I photoshopped Hillary Tubman (as I referred to her at the time) on to the cover of the Roots DVD, and darkened in her skin (with the weak photoshopping tool I have) to blend in with the image.

The “black face” wasn’t to denigrate her the way it was done to Lieberman, it was more of a “this is how she views herself”… A poor black slave being shackled, etc. It was exaggerating her disgusting pandering (and my point was all the more proven after that Selma mess). It was on point with her pandering to blacks, pretending that she could compare what Democrats endure in congress to what slaves endured in our nation’s past.

What happened was some of the biggest traffic I ever got came from what I didn’t even think was much more than a funny photoshop… Some prominent liberal blogs took the opportunity to whine and call me a hypocrite, which sent me a ton of traffic, and I spent a bunch of time arguing (much more in depth than I just went here) about exactly what the context was and the reasoning was behind my photoshop, but they would hear none of it. When they want to smear someone, context is irrelevant.

RightWinged on September 28, 2007 at 11:41 PM

MB4 on September 28, 2007 at 11:41 PM

Don’t worry MB4, it’s not just you. He tries to tap his foot under my stall all the time too… Watch, he can’t help himself, he’ll do it again after this comment.

RightWinged on September 28, 2007 at 11:43 PM

To,

RightWinged on September 28, 2007 at 11:43 PM

and

MB4 on September 28, 2007 at 11:41 PM

Just for the record, I’m an unabashedly hetersexual, straight, male.

Mcguyver on September 28, 2007 at 11:55 PM

ScrewTube has already frozen the view counter at 215

I just checked:

Views: 44,692

So someone must have caught them at it, or they, uh… (cough) fixed the, uh … glitch … in the counter (cough).

The Monster on September 29, 2007 at 12:04 AM

And the only reason I hound anybody, RightWinged, is because, you, refuse, to debate with facts, and, constantly, bully and call people names, that don’t agree with you.

SO… YOU CAN GET LOST WITH YOUR BULL CRAP!

So that, other people can see the bull crap you spew, here is a link: Mcguyver on September 19, 2007 at 9:20 PM

Mcguyver on September 29, 2007 at 12:04 AM

Watch, he can’t help himself, he’ll do it again after this comment.

RightWinged on September 28, 2007 at 11:43 PM

Prophetic indeed.

MB4 on September 29, 2007 at 12:12 AM

Prophetic indeed.
MB4 on September 29, 2007 at 12:12 AM

It’s not prophetic when everybody in here knows, that, I will hound you until kingdom come, if your being ludicrous and trying to debate fact-free.

You can get LOST, as well, and shame on you, until, you want to debate with facts and without denigrating anybodies’ character.

CHEERIO!

Mcguyver on September 29, 2007 at 12:20 AM

Just for the record, I’m an unabashedly hetersexual, straight, male.

Mcguyver on September 28, 2007 at 11:55 PM

Seriously Mcguyver, I don’t want to meet you in the Minneapolis Airport. Please leave me alone.

RightWinged on September 29, 2007 at 12:29 AM

I will hound you until kingdom come

Mcguyver on September 29, 2007 at 12:20 AM

And remember, no matter where you go, there you are.
- Confucius

MB4 on September 29, 2007 at 12:40 AM

RightWinged on September 29, 2007 at 12:29 AM

How about you leave me alone and I leave you alone?
I certainly don’t want to be photoshopped next to you like Saddam Hussein.

Mcguyver on September 29, 2007 at 1:17 AM

And remember, no matter where you go, there you are.
- Confucius

MB4 on September 29, 2007 at 12:40 AM

And remember, no matter where you (MB4) are, there I (Mcguyver) am, also.
– Einstein’s 3rd cousin.

Mcguyver on September 29, 2007 at 1:20 AM

Bradky: “The Death of the Grown up….”

If you comment is directed to me, then, it’s nonsense.

Ms West in the recent Vent was talking the loss of judgement (non-judgmental behavior) due to the immaturity endowed by multiculturalism as not being “grown-up behavior.” Taking on the left and calling a spade a spade is NOT what she is discussing, but that is exactly what I have been doing. West said that multiculturalism, leftist behavior exhibited by Media Matters, cannot make judgement or distinctions, even when it is harmful.

Very definately, I certainly am NOT being non-judgmental. I am being VERY judgemental and I judge Soros and Brock ad deadly enemies that must be first humiliated, then destroyed. The inner grown up knows when the enemy is the gates, and responds accordingly. Soros and Brock ARE THE ENEMY.

In other words, if you don’t like my characterization of Soros and Brock, go POUND SAND.

georgej on September 29, 2007 at 1:29 AM

So Mcguyver, you are going to stop stalking RightWinged, but you are going to keep stalking me? Well you are making progress anyway. I guess that’s something.

MB4 on September 29, 2007 at 1:32 AM

MB4 on September 29, 2007 at 1:32 AM

Until tonight, RightWinged had left me alone – and not been spewing senseless rhetoric – after those cases that I linked above.
You however, have been hijacking comment threads, denigrating my character, and otherwise avoided debating me – as linked above – after… I have nullified every battering point of yours.
So no, I am not done with you.

In fact, you have only been served the appetizer.

Pick your menu, carefully.

Mcguyver on September 29, 2007 at 1:44 AM