Quote of the Day

posted at 10:22 pm on September 27, 2007 by Bryan

“Let’s face it: Leftie girls are easy.”

Comments

“It will give you something to talk about. It gives you a reason to have conversations that aren’t just about yourself.”

What a great way to meet people! I am sure the second date will be, um, enlightening?

mojowire on September 27, 2007 at 10:26 PM

The rally from 5-8 p.m. in Washington Square Park, promises to draw a young, intelligent crowd.

How about “clean, articulate and bright”? I think that’s how Biden once put it.

forest on September 27, 2007 at 10:34 PM

Poor deluded fools think they’re waving a flag for Democracy! when really they’re waving a flag for the Democrats.

Young and intelligent? Batting .500 there.

TexasDan on September 27, 2007 at 10:37 PM

“A socially conscious liberal – probably a well-dressed, well-groomed hipster,” Kluttz says.

Simply amazing.

hillbillyjim on September 27, 2007 at 10:41 PM

I should qualify my last post by saying: Bah!

hillbillyjim on September 27, 2007 at 10:42 PM

Would that be any different with say the flower power days or Vietnam War Protesters parading,then partying later with
the slogan “Make Peace Not War”.
I would love to see a poll done back then,”Are you here to protest the war,or are you really here to pickup chicks”!Hehe.

canopfor on September 27, 2007 at 10:51 PM

It’s no joke. Radical feminism was born from that. Ugly girls at those protest rallies in the 60s saw that most men were there not for the politics but for the women, and couldn’t stand it.

Sydney Carton on September 27, 2007 at 11:04 PM

That made my night.

And made me think of Amanda Marcotte.

Heh.

nailinmyeye on September 27, 2007 at 11:08 PM

One should not confuse “easy” with desperate.

Maxx on September 27, 2007 at 11:25 PM

That made my night.

And made me think of Amanda Marcotte.

Heh.

Yuck

hillbillyjim on September 27, 2007 at 11:26 PM

tonight’s Barack Obama rally as more than just a politically charged soiree: It’ll be a raging pickup scene.

The playehs ball.

Speakup on September 27, 2007 at 11:30 PM

hillbillyjim on September 27, 2007 at 11:26 PM

Dude. Not in that way…

nailinmyeye on September 27, 2007 at 11:35 PM

Dude. Not in that way…

nailinmyeye on September 27, 2007 at 11:35 PM

Laughing uncontrollably…..

:-p

hillbillyjim on September 27, 2007 at 11:40 PM

Vote for the good looking bloke, Shela.
Doesn’t matter what he stand for, he’s just eye candy!

Kini on September 27, 2007 at 11:57 PM

hahaha

trailortrash on September 28, 2007 at 12:03 AM

The pickup artists will be waiting for her.

Kralizec on September 28, 2007 at 12:27 AM

Memo to Keith Olbermann: Get yourself over there, quick.

Mcguyver on September 28, 2007 at 12:31 AM

I saw this on another web site:

There’s a new political sticker that is being embraced by both the Left and the Right. It says “Run Hillary Run!”

Democrats are putting it on the back bumper, and Republicans are putting it on the front.

I must be getting slow tonight as it took a few seconds for the full meaning of it to hit me.

MB4 on September 28, 2007 at 12:44 AM

Off Topic: For those of you who missed it in the Headline links—

Our gracious host will be on F&F this morning.

Yeah!

hillbillyjim on September 28, 2007 at 1:30 AM

“A socially unconscious liberal – probably not well-dressed, or well-groomed or showered hipster,” Kluttz says.

There that looks more truthful.

now why do I feel the need for a long hot shower after reading about sergeant Obamas lonely hart club band.

Mojack420 on September 28, 2007 at 2:23 AM

If you can believe that an unaccomplished empty suit like Barack Obama is qualified to be President, you’ll believe anything. This whole singles night just proves it.

ReubenJCogburn on September 28, 2007 at 2:39 AM

But seriously, folks.

hillbillyjim on September 28, 2007 at 3:12 AM

“Let’s face it: Leftie girls are easy.”

You mean the few that aren’t Feminazi lesbians?

georgej on September 28, 2007 at 3:48 AM

Tis true, think of how many times in college you bit your tongue on political topics so you didn’t wreck your chances with some easy, leftie floozie.

Alden Pyle on September 28, 2007 at 7:31 AM

probably a well-dressed, well-groomed hipster

Isn’t that an oxymoron?

Tanya on September 28, 2007 at 7:31 AM

I once had a date with an editor of a Canadian woman’s magazine I had met online. I thought she would be a lefty, so I threw in some hints of my politics by email. I even referred to the NYT as the New Duranty Times. Then I had to explain to her what that meant, including Stalin, Marxism, and MSM moral relativism.

Nope, no reaction. So, I thought, hmmmm, maybe this one is different.

So somehow the conversation turned to hair salons. She told me that she hadn’t been in awhile because her favorite hairdresser went AWOL. According to her, he had left Toronto and gone to England to be with the love of his life. He had found the perfect man, she said.

I laughed and said, “You said that with a straight face. Not many people could do that.”

What do you mean?, she asked.

Well, the thing about the hairdresser, it’s funny.

What’s funny?, she said, cocking her head to the side like a dog.

Needless to say, all my previous hints at conservative politics went right over her head. She was a lefty, alright, but just wasn’t smart enough to know anything about anything I mentioned. A lefty by nature, not by education.

Suffice to say, that was it. Good thing it was only a coffee date.

jihadwatcher on September 28, 2007 at 7:49 AM

. . . then partying later with
the slogan “Make Peace Not War”.

Actually it was “Make love not war.” I was there. For the girls. Got drafted. Went off to war rather than run off to Canada. And got spit on and shunned by the same women “lovers” when back home on leave.

Rod on September 28, 2007 at 8:03 AM

We’ve deleted some comments referencing KP. Let’s leave her out of this, alright guys.

Bryan on September 28, 2007 at 8:38 AM

Lack of intellectual depth transcends the political spectrum, and people hook up at Young Republican meetings as well. The problem with this event and hooking up at Young Republicans is that there is no intellectual challenge. People end up being sheep.

What does we need to encourage is people meeting people think a little differently. I think of Mary Matalin and James Carville as something like an ideal couple. The last leg of the plane ride back from France yesterday, I was seated with a handsome Islamic Studies Ph.D. student of Polish citizenship and German descent. I don’t think we could disagree more about Islam, but yet we are going to drink beer tomorrow night.

thuja on September 28, 2007 at 8:46 AM

Carlin was talking about

Leftie girls

when he said;

I’ve never screwed a 10, but one night I did 5 2′s.

there it is on September 28, 2007 at 9:35 AM

What’s even funnier about the quote of the day is the quote that comes right before it.

“Look, you never meet good guys in a bar,” she reasons. “Something like this naturally weeds out the losers for you. You aren’t going to get some pickup artist at a political after-party.”

This is why those girls are so easy. They’ve deluded themselves into thinking that if he’s into politics, then he’s too deep for a cheap one night stand.

thuja on September 28, 2007 at 8:46 AM

I can understand this. My husband’s my complete opposite. We fell in love while arguing about God, philosophy and everything in between.

I got him to go to a Laura Ingraham event with me one time, but he really believes we had a better government under Clinton and would likely vote for his wife if he ever voted.

He doesn’t intentionally educate himself on politics, so he helps me gain perspective when moonbats argue in favor of terrorists. He’s mostly full of common sense and doesn’t have that liberal knee-jerk reaction to some of the bs floating around.

Esthier on September 28, 2007 at 9:35 AM

They may be easy, but they sure are ugly. Let’s list a few:

Rosie
Whoopie
Hillary
Janet Reno
Janet N (AZ Gov)
Madeline Albright
Mr. Edwards Mrs. Edwards

Tim Burton on September 28, 2007 at 10:02 AM

Just wear a T-shirt that says:

WORLD.

profitsbeard on September 28, 2007 at 10:11 AM

They may be easy, but they sure are ugly

A prominent counter-example has been already declared off-limits by Bryan.

The Monster on September 28, 2007 at 11:06 AM

Hoo boy. I’m almost sorry I e-mailed the link, Bryan.

Anton on September 28, 2007 at 11:27 AM

Esthier on September 28, 2007 at 9:35 AM

Perhaps you could coach Allahpundit and Kirsten Powers.
From you experience there is hope, afterall.

Are you paying attention, AP?

Mcguyver on September 28, 2007 at 11:36 AM