Video: Tammy Bruce and Bill O’Reilly take on the Media Matters smear machine

posted at 9:06 pm on September 26, 2007 by Bryan

Bill O’Reilly is no racist. What he said wasn’t racist, and Media Matters and CNN and CBS know that. They’re all collectively dishonestly smearing Bill O’Reilly because they think there’s a shot at taking him down.

There isn’t. Any of you Media Matters Soros-fed minions who are reading this: You have nothing. You’re dishonest cranks, and the more you press the story, the more obvious that becomes.

Tammy Bruce zeroes in on what the real story is behind the attempt to turn O’Reilly into the next Don Imus, and it’s not a story Media Matters wants to be told.

Comments

Media Matters is gettting desperate. They just had both houses of a democratic controlled congress attacked their actions.

So they need to change the subject

William Amos on September 26, 2007 at 9:11 PM

Tammy, time to play on the other team….with me as the pitcher!

jed58 on September 26, 2007 at 9:13 PM

It’s a good thing that O’Reilly has a way to fight this and we don’t have to rely on MSM to tell the truth, because they don’t. The dishonesty and lying from major networks is very disturbing. Hopefully people are paying attention and will know not to listen to the smear merchants anymore. How can they be trusted?

katieanne on September 26, 2007 at 9:16 PM

Actually, it shows their stupidity when it should be realized that Bill would have a full tape of the incident and can show their deceit.

katieanne on September 26, 2007 at 9:16 PM

Hey Jed, Tammy’s already switched sides. From far Left to somewhat conservative. You can’t expect miracles from her.

The only man that could possibly turn her to the dark side, is me.

jihadwatcher on September 26, 2007 at 9:18 PM

I like Tammy, and I’m glad she’s speaking out about the leftist machinery that they use to push this propaganda.

Bad Candy on September 26, 2007 at 9:18 PM

soros, gestapo, who woulda thunk?

jdkchem on September 26, 2007 at 9:20 PM

I don’t like it when people on our side engage in a bit of Godwin’s Law. Instead of invoking the Nazis to smear the Left, invoke the communists, invoke Stalin, invoke the purges. Why use the Right as an example of bad guys, when you can just as easily use the Left?

jihadwatcher on September 26, 2007 at 9:24 PM

I agree that this is a fairly week controversy to keep going.

But I’m going to disagree with Bryan here. I heard what O’Reilly said, and it really did strike me as subtlely racist. You could have hung a sign above Bill’s head that said “out of touch” – he clearly seemed to be struggling with the idea that, yes, amazingly enough, black folks really are quite civilized. It’s not all ebonics and gangsta rap lyrics and gang signs.

Vyce on September 26, 2007 at 9:25 PM

jihadwatcher,
I think jed58 was referring to switching from the gay team to the straight team, and given that, I think you know what he means by “pitcher”.
OTOH, maybe I have a dirty mind, and he meant nothing of the sort.

buggsy on September 26, 2007 at 9:31 PM

I see I’m not alone here thinking Tammy is sexy.

infidel4life on September 26, 2007 at 9:37 PM

Lets just cut to the chase,the election is coming,
Bill O’Reilly is very affective,a very affective Republican.

I mentioned the election was coming,so for Liberal Democrats it’s a Target Rich Enviroment against Republicans.
Republicans don’t even have to say a word,h!ll they don’t even have to be there because CNN will tell you all about,and to top it all off the rest of lib media will
already be on the bandwagon!

canopfor on September 26, 2007 at 9:42 PM

Vyce on September 26, 2007 at 9:25 PM

Out of touch and racist aren’t the same thing.

Bryan on September 26, 2007 at 9:43 PM

Tammy looks smashing as usual. Why is anyone surprised at the depths the left will go to? They are suffering from a mental disorder…just ask Michael Savage.

SouthernGent on September 26, 2007 at 9:45 PM

Perceptions vs actions. We can approach a dangerous point where we give one group too power to determine if they have been insulted

You dilute racism when you argue minor insignificant stuff. If you push it too hard you run the risk of becoming racist in action.

Which is a greater racism To give an example of how what some thought in the past or others using that free speech to destroy someone else’s lives because of a comment ?

William Amos on September 26, 2007 at 9:47 PM

the best the left can do,try and nail O’Reilly.

canopfor on September 26, 2007 at 9:54 PM

Thanks for this post. OK, Bill deserves the benefit of the doubt. But…come on, that comment was wack no matter what the “context.” Basically: “can’t bleeve it, a black-owned, black-patronized restaurant with no screaming or swearing!”

Vyce on September 26, 2007 at 9:25 PM

Agree. Hopefully he’s learned his lesson and will never say anything even close to that again.

inviolet on September 26, 2007 at 10:02 PM

Just curious,of all the media commentators,talking heads,sports newscasters,radio talkshows,this is the best the left can do,try and nail O’Reilly.

Most other hits would be fratricide.

rw on September 26, 2007 at 10:03 PM

As an unashamed pig, I would like to observe that the preponderance of right-wing female commentators (Michelle M, Ann C, etc.) are HOT, whereas the left-wing female commentators (Rosie O, Jeanine G, etc.) are a pack of fugly moo-cows. Moonbats such as Alicia S have little value except as ball-gagged submissives.

Kinda suggests something about natural selection, doesn’t it?

Don’t bother noting the utter uselessness of this post, as I am well aware of it already.

thejackal on September 26, 2007 at 10:05 PM

SouthernGent on September 26, 2007 at 9:45 PM

Speaking of Savage, isn’t it funny that this O’Reilly thing is getting all this publicity and yet Michael Savage got zero coverage when he was trying to be silenced by the San Fransicko Supervisors and an angry mob of illegal aliens?

MrC_5150 on September 26, 2007 at 10:08 PM

Ummmm… you do know that the Nazis were socialists, right?

Watcher on September 26, 2007 at 10:10 PM

jackal,

Laura Schwartz is kind of cute

jed58 on September 26, 2007 at 10:13 PM

Give more length of rope, the left is proving what they will do with it.
I’m just disappointed there is no clip of the beautiful Dana Perino.

abinitioadinfinitum on September 26, 2007 at 10:14 PM

They’re all collectively…

I hate to be a nitpick, but that’s quite redundant.

Does Media Matters & co think no one will notice the context?

Free Constitution on September 26, 2007 at 10:16 PM

Why doesn’t O’Reilly just sue for slander?

mustng66 on September 26, 2007 at 10:20 PM

What doe Al Sharpton have to say about all this?

MrC_5150 on September 26, 2007 at 10:24 PM

Errr … What “does”…?

MrC_5150 on September 26, 2007 at 10:25 PM

MrC_5150 on September 26, 2007 at 10:08 PM

I think it’s clear the Left is stuck in the 1970′s when they owned the airwaves…literally. Now, they have no idea what to do with people actually thinking for themselves. I actually think they believe “we” will just go away and weep in the corner. NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

SouthernGent on September 26, 2007 at 10:25 PM

Ummmm… you do know that the Nazis were socialists, right?

Only when they campaigned for power. Then, under pressure from business leaders, Hitler had to rid the Nazis of their socialist roots by eliminating Ernst Rohm and the SA who called for the nationalization of Germany and the socialization of industry.

jihadwatcher on September 26, 2007 at 10:26 PM

It is good to hear Mr. O’Reilly refer to this as a Republic rather than as a Democracy. I wish more would remember that.

Franklin Hill on September 26, 2007 at 10:27 PM

Ummmm… you do know that the Nazis were socialists, right?

Nazis = National Socialist Party = democraps = liberals = facists

WildBillK on September 26, 2007 at 10:27 PM

[jihadwatcher on September 26, 2007 at 9:24 PM]

I agree with you. Moreso, I think it is appropriate to compare them to the side which informs their philosophy, which is communism. These folks don’t hang with people from ANSWER and the SWP ’cause they like their cooking.

Dusty on September 26, 2007 at 10:38 PM

I like how Tammy Bruce goes straight to the root issue every time. Frankly, she sounds more intelligent than O’Reilly and Hannity combined when she makes a point.

realVerse on September 26, 2007 at 10:58 PM

O’Reilly is right, the media is corrupt. George Soros should be de-naturalized and deported. David Brock is lying scum.

georgej on September 26, 2007 at 11:43 PM

Tammy, you are not far from the kingdom of God.

Mojave Mark on September 26, 2007 at 11:46 PM

There isn’t.

Ah, Bryan, it’s so difficult to choose which of the Hotair pundits are my favorite, but you are definitely in the running. My hat’s off to you.

gryphon202 on September 26, 2007 at 11:47 PM

Tammy, time to play on the other team….with me as the pitcher!

jed58 on September 26, 2007 at 9:13 PM

The only man that could possibly turn her to the dark side, is me.

jihadwatcher on September 26, 2007 at 9:18 PM

I’m a big fan of lofty, and noble goals.

I hold a number of such goals myself.

But c’mon, you two would settle for a seat behind home plate just like the rest of us.

(foul tip?)

soundingboard on September 26, 2007 at 11:48 PM

Nazis = National Socialist Party = democraps = liberals = facists

WildBillK on September 26, 2007 at 10:27 PM

Your exactly correct. There is a big difference between the way the terms political “Right” and political “Left” were used in the WWII era and the way the terms are properly understood in modern American politics. But of course Democrats and unfortunately American schools propagate the idea that the LEFT are communist and the RIGHT are fascist or Nazis. That is indeed the way the terms were used to describe the political factions of Europe in the early 1900′s but it is not the correct interpretation of the terms as they apply to American politics.

In American politics:

Left = Communism, Fascism, Nazism, (Islamism in my opinion), indeed all things collectivist and totalitarian. Collectivism and Totalitarianism is what all of these political systems have in common.

Again, in American politics:

Right = free enterprise, low taxes, property rights, capitalism, rule of law, liberty within the limits of responsibility, small government, etc.

On the American Left vs. Right spectrum all things totalitarian are on the Left and all things pursuing liberty are on the Right.

Think about it… if it was REALLY the way the Democrats want you to believe it is… that is that Leftist are Communist and Rightist are Fascist/Nazis then where are the free enterprise people on the spectrum ? Do you really believe Ronald Regan was somewhere in between Chairman Mao and Hitler ? No… of course not. As the American spectrum of Left and Right goes, Chairman Mao and Hitler were nearly side by side to the far left and Republicans are at the far right.

That is Left and Right properly understood under AMERICAN politics and not carrying over the terms as they applied to European factions during the early 1900′s.

Of course Democrats will never agree this is correct, but think for yourself.

Maxx on September 26, 2007 at 11:53 PM

MediaMatters unfairly attacked Bill O’Reilly by posting online an audio clip of Bill from his radio show, describing a visit to a restaurant in Harlem, where he said “There wasn’t one person in Sylvia’s who was screaming, ‘M-Fer, I want more iced tea.’ ”

Tammy Bruce went on TV and called MediaMatters “the Gestapo” in her second sentence.

Now, some may say it’s “over the line” to refer another party as being the equivalent of Hitler’s secret police, known for brutal repression and crimes against humanity, but obviously it is far more desipcable to post a recording of somebody saying something questionable on their own freely available, broadcasted radio program.

e-pirate on September 27, 2007 at 12:06 AM

georgej on September 26, 2007 at 11:43 PM

What I find amusing is,George Soros is the 00′s leftist counterpart to the ’90s Richard Mellon-Scaife. David Brock and all!

People who were excoriating Brock back then,are now salivating over him.

MoveOn was started in the run up to the Clinton Impeachment.
That’s what the country was supposed to do. MoveOn from “Hounding a President”, attempting to “overturn an election”.

(as if Bob Dole would have become POTUS had Clinton been removed. Al Who?)

These are the guys who drew up the Communication Stream of Conspiracy Theory chart.

It shouldn’t come as a big surprise they’re using it.

soundingboard on September 27, 2007 at 12:17 AM

Memo to Fox: More Tammy!!!!!!

Metro on September 27, 2007 at 12:27 AM

Maxx on September 26, 2007 at 11:53 PM

Well done, Maxx. Your comments really stand out here at HA.

RushBaby on September 27, 2007 at 12:28 AM

“A Gestapo has emerged in America.”

The 800lb gorilla in the room, that nobody wants to talk about.

Finally somebody is talking about it.

Good show Bill and Tammy!

Lawrence on September 27, 2007 at 12:43 AM

I agree that this is a fairly week controversy to keep going.

Vyce on September 26, 2007 at 9:25 PM

You got it Vyce, what he said was a bit xenophobic, and contrary to what Bill thinks, the owners of Sylvia’s were not impressed by what he said, in fact they were dissappointed, as were some patrons.

What he said was ridiculous and very Long Island – South Shore that is. “Black people are starting to think for themselves…” ahem, ok Bill. I suppose we could say the same about Irish people but we choose not to. I speak from some basic experience, my Mother’s dad is from Ireland. My Irish second cousins, my Grandpa’s brother’s grandchildren are/were so different from us growing up, but we accepted them more than they accepted us. You know, that Jewish thing was hard on them, along with the fact that my Grandmother and Grandpa were married in the Temple. None of his family attended. Anyway, Bill reminds me of their Dad, my Mother’s first cousin.

I love when he parrots Hillary about those Vast __ Wing Conspiracy, Right, Left, Imaginary, whatever. His rants are starting to sound like those of a mad man and his inability to say, “ok, maybe I stuck my foot in my mouth a wee bit” is barmy at best.

AprilOrit on September 27, 2007 at 1:02 AM

Tammy, time to play on the other team….with me as the pitcher!

I always felt sorry for her, sounds like she had a tough life. Tammy was present when her first lover, actress and soap star Brenda Benet, blew her brains out. She was 17 and underage at the time of this lesbian relationship, which must have been a tremendous burden for any 17 year old to bear.

I often wonder where her mother was, she never mentions her parents at all. It sounds so tragic.

AprilOrit on September 27, 2007 at 1:13 AM

Love Tammy’s ability, like MM’s, to speak so concisely and passionately.

Keep going like this media and lefties and Nov. ’08 will be a huge surprise for ya. Soros might have another ‘heart attack’.

Vyce and April, your thin skins need a little protection. The country is already sissified. Quit whining and adding to that de-cojonification.

Entelechy on September 27, 2007 at 1:21 AM

Maxx on September 26, 2007 at 11:53 PM

Well done, Maxx. Your comments really stand out here at HA.
RushBaby on September 27, 2007 at 12:28 AM

One of the reasons I like Hot Air so much is that there are commenters here that can think for themself and are not afraid to share what they think.

WildBillK on September 27, 2007 at 1:47 AM

[Vyce on September 26, 2007 at 9:25 PM]

Don’t chaulk up to racism that which can be explained by ignorance. O’Reilly observed something that he had not fully appreciated before and in connection with something that occurred to him in another vein or another subject. Happens all the time. His mistake was that he thought he had an epiphany that’s not been largely recognized and he wanted to report on it.

It was kind of silly, particularly because of his phrasing. For the thin skinned I suppose it might be considered derogatory. I think your “out of touch” is very much a part of it, but who in the elite circles doesn’t become so.

But wouldn’t ascribe it to racism or bigotry and certainly not to xenophobia.

Dusty on September 27, 2007 at 1:54 AM

The main point here is that the Soros Gestapo Hate Machine will be doing everything it can to throw the 08 election to Hillary. This goes beyond politics as usual and raises the question of what kind of forces should be allowed to function (at all) in a democracy.

Most heartening to me is that more and more people are understanding and speaking to the reality that the Left is, at root, fascist. The links between “progressive” politics and national socialism cannot be stated enough, and Tammy Bruce is in a perfect position to be credible on this, having been on both sides.

On her own, I never thought Hillary had a chance, as she’s such a pathetic candidate. But with the cumulative power of Soros and his army of nutroot orcs controlling the media for her… I don’t know.

Halley on September 27, 2007 at 2:00 AM

WildBillK on September 27, 2007 at 1:47 AM

Seconding Bill! And thank you Bill for your service! One other reason I like HA so much is that it has such a variety of commenters, foremost the active and retired Soldiers, our betters. Regards,

Entelechy on September 27, 2007 at 2:02 AM

Out of touch and racist aren’t the same thing.

Bryan on September 26, 2007 at 9:43 PM

Exactly.

Dusty on September 27, 2007 at 1:54 AM

You nailed it.

The Race Card on September 27, 2007 at 2:06 AM

Halley on September 27, 2007 at 2:00 AM

Don’t worry yet Halley – it’s a long time out and they are acting too regal. Our presidencies are not coronations. Those powers were there the last time too. They are already overplaying their hands, and they will not be able to help themselves, including our ‘illustrious’ Ahmigasm-media.

Entelechy on September 27, 2007 at 2:13 AM

I went into a Chinese restaurant and, dag’nabbit, they were not skinning stray cats in the back room and passing them off as the ‘pork’ in their lo mein!

Who’da thunkit?

And no waiters were running around shouting “Ching Chong!”.

Bill’s got to get out a lot more.

He sounds pretty damned stupid.

Not racist, just damned stupid.

With back-handed compliments like his, I’d tell him to take his business elsewhere if I were Sylvia’s.

Tammy Bruce is much brighter, hipper and cuter.

profitsbeard on September 27, 2007 at 2:22 AM

Truth to power, Bry!

BTW, any of you Media Matters morons reading this: Suppose you did purge O’Reilly from Fox, what then?

Hmmm.

Do you suppose Ailes might finally make Michelle Malkin the offer she can’t refuse?

If you hate O’Reilly, just wait until “The Malkin Factor” is busting on you five nights a week.

Ali-Bubba on September 27, 2007 at 3:22 AM

… Quit whining and adding to that de-cojonification.

Entelechy on September 27, 2007 at 1:21 AM

Is it possible to disagree agreeably?

One thing that conservative and liberal blog comment threads have in common is the adversarial tone taken by many of the commenters. Anger and vitriol thrive where simple explanations would suffice.

Many commenters are attacked and insulted for offering even slightly divergent views than the crowd favorites. And if you stand in direct opposition, you are certain to be assailed.

Each one of us has had a view on some topic that is a little different than the rest, at one time in our lives. Is thinking for yourself a reason to be insulted?

Standing on one’s own principles is its own reward. It is natural for some of us. Others only speak up once in a while. I bet the range of comments would be broadened if dissenters, devil’s advocates and even liberals weren’t sh*tcanned by default.

The one thing that I have learned in the past 10+ years online is that the loudest e-voices are often muted in real life; hence, the need to be heard.

The Race Card on September 27, 2007 at 3:35 AM

Another thing I’ve learned is that some of us also talk too much online.

The Race Card on September 27, 2007 at 3:36 AM

The Race Card on September 27, 2007 at 3:35 AM

I totally agree. It’s sad to see people forget civility here. Hotair is 10,000 times better than dKos though.

tikvah on September 27, 2007 at 6:50 AM

jed, jihadi, you johnny come lately boys can get in line. If she’s switching to right-handed, I’ll be the coach.

Jaibones on September 27, 2007 at 7:54 AM

CNN. Media Matters. CBS. MSNBC. Dailykus. The death of the grown up, indeed. Plus the demise of factual debate & civil discourse.

There is an emerging social/political class in this new millennium – the adult adolescent – well funded; technologically proficient; militant; amoral; infantile. A great internal malignancy that this society continues to breed in its morally bankrupt & intellectually bereft government schools.

That having been said, did you know that media matters is selling ‘i (heart) Ahmadinejad because he kills homos’ T-shirts on it’s website? Really, really. It’s waaay true. Check it out.

/sarc off/

I need a shower.

locomotivebreath1901 on September 27, 2007 at 8:18 AM

This comment threat started with two right wing pundits declaring that a website online represented the “new Gestapo in America” and features a number of comments equating the left to nazies, and then, finally, some people decrying that left wing websites have ruined civil debate and lost civility.

We’re through the looking glass on this one people.

e-pirate on September 27, 2007 at 8:49 AM

garrrggghhhh…

Jaibones on September 27, 2007 at 8:54 AM

This (warning, full scale moonbattery ahead) is all we need to look to in order to understand the mindset of the modern far left.
I usually disagree with O’Reilly, as he is more of a sensationalist than he is a pundit (and he often has his head up his a$$, with this comment for example), but Conservatives like AP, MM and Bryan have helped, shall we say, enlighten me on many a thing.
Although I still disagree with some of the Right’s beliefs, it’s not difficult to discern who is the saner and more civilized of modern American politics.

SouthernDem on September 27, 2007 at 8:56 AM

e-pirate on September 27, 2007 at 8:49 AM

Yes, I understand the sentiment, but they aren’t Nazi’s. Call them Socialist’s, because they are, but it devalues the argument by invoking the Gestapo. Strong-armed tactic’s and smear machine, yes, murderous secret police, not so much.

SouthernDem on September 27, 2007 at 9:03 AM

Why is anyone surprised at the depths the left will go to?

I saw yet an other moonbat-mobile this morning (you know, the kind with bumper stickers saying “Bush’s last day” and “Defend America – DEFEAT BUSH” etc.) and for the first time I got a real sense of dread. I’ve often wondered where all that hate will go once Bush is gone. This morning I realized that if it’s a Republican in the WH it won’t be an issue – they’ll just transfer it to him. But I really fear what will happen if a Democrat wins the WH. Hatred like that doesn’t just go away.

crazy_legs on September 27, 2007 at 9:24 AM

Tammy Bruce rocks … It’s always fascinating to listen to her not only because she’s so articulate, but because she came from the depths of the left and knows who they are and how they work.

Rock on Tammy.

darwin on September 27, 2007 at 9:34 AM

We (who wear flags on our lapels) show our maturity by not overtly attacking those who smear and attack US. However, this the reason that ‘Talk Radio’ is more popular than the left wishes it to be.

Also, our maturity gives us a different viewpoint and WE understand when to parry vice thrusting.

MSGTAS on September 27, 2007 at 9:35 AM

jihadwatcher on September 26, 2007 at 9:24 PM

That’d be because the Nazis were creatures of the reactionary left, too.

N. O'Brain on September 27, 2007 at 9:54 AM

Is it possible to disagree agreeably?

[cough]Media Matters[cough]

[cough]Democratic Undergound[cough]

[cough]Daily Kos[cough]

[cough]Media Matters[cough]

[cough]Democratic Underground[cough]

[cough]Daily Kos[cough]

The Race Card on September 27, 2007 at 3:35 AM

-N. O’Brain

N. O'Brain on September 27, 2007 at 10:04 AM

Where’s Allah when we need him to post the video of MKH saying, “Don’t tase my junk?”

jhkotter on September 27, 2007 at 10:09 AM

Media Matters, MoveOn and other Soros-funded outlets are basically Gestapo operations that use hate/smears as the engine to drive their political base.

They are a disgrace to the larger Democrat Party and, left unrestrained, will bring it down upon itself.

But for now, they’re formidable. Thankfully O’Reilly, unlike Hillary and ilk, has the courage to confront them.

petefrt on September 27, 2007 at 10:09 AM

“Don’t taze my junk”
One of the best MKHisms I’ve heard.

“Laura Schwartz is kind of cute

jed58 on September 26, 2007 at 10:13 PM”

You know in a goofy way I think she’s kinda hot too.

And I agree with you guys on Tammy, she should be on LOTS more. I love it the way she bitchslaps Beckel around.

LtE126 on September 27, 2007 at 10:27 AM

We need More Tammy.

We need MORE TAMMY.

WE NEED MORE TAMMY.

Always Right on September 27, 2007 at 11:01 AM

Entelechy on September 27, 2007 at 1:21 AM

Sissy? Speak for yourself, you are the one that fears anyone or anything different in this world, not me.

Bill O’Reilly seems very out of touch for a New Yorker, and then he does say something redeeming like what he said about the noose hangers to Al Sharpton.

He thought they should have been charged with a hate crime.

AprilOrit on September 27, 2007 at 11:36 AM

I’d say it shows how stupid they think the people drinking their kool-aid are. They assume a large chunk of their audience will be too stupid and/or lazy to actually get the facts and simply believe it because its what they want to believe.

Sadly, they’re all too correct in that thinking. Long live the sheeple!

taznar on September 27, 2007 at 11:47 AM

Tammy Bruce is the best thing ever to happen to the right.

PRCalDude on September 27, 2007 at 11:50 AM

AprilOrit on September 27, 2007 at 1:02 AM
profitsbeard on September 27, 2007 at 2:22 AM

And others:
This is what OR was talking about–The frustration of people not listening and understanding (and taking out of context). He was talking about his mom, not how he feels, but his mom and so many like her that get fed this gangsta rap. When he spoke of the resturant being like any other, it was to inform others that these resturants aren’t like the “video” blacks. He knew that, he had been to Harlem, he understands the blacks problem of stereotypes, he was pointing them out as an example. He was making the other more subtle point that the rap culture is destroying, by stereotype, what blacks are trying to overcome. That is why he wanted everyone to listen to the whole show. Apparently, by some of the comments, it doesn’t matter what he says and how he says it, people will interpret whatever they want, via CNN and MediMaters.
Listen, William is not my favorite, he is a victo-crat and a whiner, if he saw anything wrong with what OR said he would have whined about it.
My suggestion: Listen and take notes, I don’t think you listened and understood (in context) the analogies he was using.

right2bright on September 27, 2007 at 12:04 PM

Tammy Bruce is a brilliant woman and I appreciate her candor.

omnipotent on September 27, 2007 at 12:43 PM

right2bright on September 27, 2007 at 12:04 PM

Thanks.

baldilocks on September 27, 2007 at 1:13 PM

Tammy is a babe!

sabbott on September 27, 2007 at 3:52 PM

Tammy rocks! I concur with the calls for MORE TAMMY!!!

eanax on September 27, 2007 at 4:08 PM

Tammy Bruce is the best thing ever to happen to the right.

PRCalDude on September 27, 2007 at 11:50 AM

If it’s not Tammy, it would have to be Thomas Sowell and Walter Williams…

eanax on September 27, 2007 at 4:09 PM

“That’d be because the Nazis were creatures of the reactionary left, too. — Never ever ever allow a reactionary to try to tie Naziism to the “right”, it never was, and it’s one of the biggest lies ever perpetuated by the left.” — N. O’Brain on September 27, 2007 at 9:54 AM

I’m really glad to read that as also the similar comments here by a few others. I can’t begin to list the many times I’ve participated on interactions on the internet and made that point (that Naziism was a product of Left/Socialist politics, not from Right/Conservative politics) and been ridiculed for stating so.

If anyone who doubts that would just take some time to read more about how the Nazis originated and by what politics were involved (as also the many deviant beliefs many of them held and participated in) and stop fearing the knowledge, they’d learn that Liberalism run amok in Europe eventually produced fascism in it’s extreme: German Socialists and then Nazis from those. It was a phenomenon of SOCIALISM, Liberalism, run to it’s extreme and it’s easy today in the West to see the social behaviors similar to the building process that occured in Germany, occuring here: threats and intimidations when Socialism demands for “submission” to forced behaviors, all that, are not eagerly embraced or moreso, are rejected by Conservatives.

The Nazis were the ones involved in the occult, all sorts of beliefs that today are rifely popular among Liberals, not among Conservatives, and their elevation of their political process to one to equal religious fervor (and eventual religious leader, their Hitler, as profane as that is to us today in retrospect) is similar in very credible terms to what is occuring among the Left in the West today (recall the Dean mania, the force involved when someone “refused” to endorse or rally on his behalf, and match that today with the same thing about the Clintons).

The Nazis were produced by Socialism run it’s most extreme course and was the antithesis of the “Right” or Conservative politics, past and present.

S on September 28, 2007 at 2:14 AM