Audio: SF traffic chief says he’s “ashamed” of city’s ban on Marine film shoot

posted at 2:47 pm on September 26, 2007 by Allahpundit

From yesterday’s John Gibson radio show, it’s Capt. Greg Corrales, quoted at length in the news story that broke this disgrace as barely able to conceal his disgust with the city’s film commissioner, Stefanie Coyote. He doesn’t say much here that he didn’t already say there, but his voice gives you a sense of the palpable frustration and disappointment he obviously feels at what went down here.

Corrales is a Marine himself, by the way. His son is currently serving his third tour in Iraq.

Comments

He should be. The military should be celebrated in this country as they are in every other country on the planet. The difference is our military really IS the best.

ThackerAgency on September 26, 2007 at 2:54 PM

He has no reason to be ashamed.

That [deleted] Coyote is another story. But she’s incapable of shame.

JammieWearingFool on September 26, 2007 at 2:55 PM

sf and the ‘chocolate’ city are two cities this conservative Vietnam Vet will never spend vacation $$ in…period…let the boycott begin…

areseaoh on September 26, 2007 at 2:56 PM

So when the Jihad comes my Marine will simply forget to protect the freaks in S.F. I’ll make sure he gets the memo.

And whether they admit it or not, they will TOP THE LIST of targets.

seejanemom on September 26, 2007 at 2:58 PM

It’s a shame to watch a good city slide off the California coast into liberal abyss.

Kini on September 26, 2007 at 3:02 PM

Stefanie Coyote

RushBaby on September 26, 2007 at 3:06 PM

WHAT A C*NT!!!!!

Andy in Agoura Hills on September 26, 2007 at 3:13 PM

WHAT A C*NT!!!!!

Andy in Agoura Hills on September 26, 2007 at 3:13 PM

Agoura Hills, I’m shocked. She’s not as bad as CNN surely.

Christoph on September 26, 2007 at 3:22 PM

areseaoh on September 26, 2007 at 2:56 PM

Actually, SF is a great place to vacation. During my vacation there, we were amazed by the street performers, mainly homeless people. The hotel strikes chanting, “Don’t Check In, Check Out Now“! Best of all was the view atop of the Bank of America Center. Visits to Sonoma and Napa valley wineries. Aloha festivals at the Presidio.

The city is great, it the management that’s in the sewer.

Kini on September 26, 2007 at 3:22 PM

A satellite extension of the border fence has been approved to include fran sancisco.

locomotivebreath1901 on September 26, 2007 at 3:23 PM

Kini on September 26, 2007 at 3:02 PM

What you talkin bout Willis??? That happened 30 years ago. San Fransicko is part of California and The United States of America in name only. Other than that they are a communist satellite of the now extinct former Soviet Union.

doriangrey on September 26, 2007 at 3:24 PM

Andy in Agoura Hills on September 26, 2007 at 3:13 PM

Oh, I realize you’re talking about Chelsea now. I hope you mean that only in the positive meaning of the word.

Christoph on September 26, 2007 at 3:25 PM

Kini on September 26, 2007 at 3:22 PM

Totally, totally not getting the point.

Christoph on September 26, 2007 at 3:26 PM

I’m disgusted by the city and i say that as a San Francisco native.

Mojack420 on September 26, 2007 at 3:27 PM

This Marine will forever turn his back on that scum centered city. Yes, I have been there many times.

MNDavenotPC on September 26, 2007 at 3:30 PM

MNDavenotPC on September 26, 2007 at 3:30 PM

I wouldn’t bend over near anyone from San Fransicko either…

doriangrey on September 26, 2007 at 3:33 PM

The city is great, it the management that’s in the sewer.

Kini on September 26, 2007 at 3:22 PM

The city is “beautiful.” It’s the people and managment that’s in the sewer.

But this isn’t much different than Colombia or Venazuala, is it?

Gregor on September 26, 2007 at 3:35 PM

Dear San Francisco,

My son was born at Letterman Army Medical Center, Presidio, San Francisco. He currently is preparing to serve his third tour in Iraq. Thank God you people never got your filty paws on him.

I haven’t been back to SF since my discharge many many moons ago. Never will either.

Limerick on September 26, 2007 at 3:38 PM

Limerick on September 26, 2007 at 3:38 PM

I live an hour and a half away and I haven’t stepped foot in that slimy city in fourteen years, and I don’t ever intend to either.

Gregor on September 26, 2007 at 3:42 PM

I wonder if this is the Marine commercial they are talking about?

bnelson44 on September 26, 2007 at 3:47 PM

If “traffic was the issue”… then why did they give the permit based on there being no Marines in the shot? How would that eliminate the traffic problem?

Gregor on September 26, 2007 at 3:50 PM

I wonder if this is the Marine commercial they are talking about?

bnelson44 on September 26, 2007 at 3:47 PM

That’s an awesome video. Thanks for the link.

Gregor on September 26, 2007 at 3:53 PM

Gregor on September 26, 2007 at 3:50 PM

Ah, good point. I think maybe you’ve discovered something we’ve all overlooked.

Maybe traffic wasn’t the real issue?

Christoph on September 26, 2007 at 3:55 PM

Totally, totally not getting the point.

Christoph on September 26, 2007 at 3:26 PM

Simple, it’s the highlights from my vacation there. DUH!

Kini on September 26, 2007 at 3:57 PM

On the Marin County side of the Golden Gate Bridge is a new monument to the many soldiers, sailors and marines who shipped out to war through the straight.

Just saying all is not lost there yet. I’m sure city officials were powerless over that decision, though.

silverfox on September 26, 2007 at 3:59 PM

Simple, it’s the highlights from my vacation there. DUH!

Kini on September 26, 2007 at 3:57 PM

Okay…

During my vacation there, we were amazed by the street performers, mainly homeless people…

The city is great, it the management that’s in the sewer.

Sounds fabulous. Lots of homeless. Never better.

Where do you think the “management” come from? They are elected by the majority.

∴ the majority of San Franciscans support their hateful left-wing stance.

Christoph on September 26, 2007 at 4:01 PM

But this isn’t much different than Colombia or Venazuala, is it?

Gregor on September 26, 2007 at 3:35 PM

Much different, I’ve visited Columbia and Venezuela when I live on Howard AFB Panama Canal Zone in the 80′s.

Same currency and language for one. But that’s besides the point.

Kini on September 26, 2007 at 4:03 PM

∴ the majority of San Franciscans support their hateful left-wing stance.

Christoph on September 26, 2007 at 4:01 PM

Maybe my perspective is jaded. I used to live in New Jersey, and now Hawai’i. I’ve lived amongst the liberally deranged for many years and tend to ignore, nay bemused, by them.

But then again, what can you say about people that live on a earthquake fault zone or a active volcano.

Kini on September 26, 2007 at 4:08 PM

Here’s the website to leave feedback for any department in the SF city government

rbb on September 26, 2007 at 4:11 PM

Whoops. Forgot to close the link. Here is the feedback page for the SF city govt.

rbb on September 26, 2007 at 4:13 PM

This has long been a tendency in history.

Por ejemplo:

The governing council in nicest part of Masada, the area of the cliff with the nicest views and the best cafes and delis, where you could sit down with a double shot cappucino and observe cutting edge Roman construction craftsmen first hand, along with the far side of the Dead Sea on a clear day, refused to let the young men manning the defensive walls visit because they had chosen such a barbaric, unenlightened occupation.

silverfox on September 26, 2007 at 4:14 PM

Gregor on September 26, 2007 at 3:50 PM

I wonder how many hours or days this traffic problem existed…

allie on September 26, 2007 at 4:16 PM

Messed up that link:

Masada

silverfox on September 26, 2007 at 4:26 PM

Christoph on September 26, 2007 at 3:55 PM

No shit Sherlock.

Gregor on September 26, 2007 at 5:14 PM

Much different, I’ve visited Columbia and Venezuela when I live on Howard AFB Panama Canal Zone in the 80’s.

Same currency and language for one. But that’s besides the point.

Kini on September 26, 2007 at 4:03 PM

You didn’t bother to point out in what way it’s “much different” so I’m assuming that you missed my point.

Beautiful places. Bogus governments.

Gregor on September 26, 2007 at 5:18 PM

Gregor on September 26, 2007 at 3:50 PM
I wonder how many hours or days this traffic problem existed…

allie on September 26, 2007 at 4:16 PM

Anyone remember the first really great car chase – Bullitt???

Many large sections of the city were cordoned off for this 10 minute scene.

Apparently no problem with traffic when having a high speed car chase – only with a few Marines standing at attention, marching, or performing a silent drill.

fred5678 on September 26, 2007 at 5:42 PM

This has long been a tendency in history.

Por ejemplo:

silverfox on September 26, 2007 at 4:14 PM

Hee!! I was sitting at my desk, trying to figure out what you were talking about – thinking, but there were no cafes at the top of Masada. Did they build some since last year? Then I thought, but they were all Zealots fighting the Romans back in 66 to 70 C.E., they wouldn’t be snubbing each other.

Then I realized, you were making a point. And it was actually quite clever.
Kudos.

mjk on September 26, 2007 at 6:16 PM

Kini on September 26, 2007 at 3:22 PM

A city is it’s people.

maxine on September 26, 2007 at 10:09 PM

Kini on September 26, 2007 at 4:08 PM

That they’re adventurous, nutty and adorable :) Wish more people had your nature Kini. You’re totally all right and that living does you good. Very happy for you, regards,

Entelechy on September 27, 2007 at 12:15 AM

A city is it’s people.

maxine on September 26, 2007 at 10:09 PM

When the majority rules its democracy. In bizarre ways, it works, somehow.
So, how do you explain Capt. Greg Corrales then?
He strikes me as someone who’s not running around with a pink boas spewing anti-Military gobble-de-gook , but genuinely cares about his city’s image to the world.

Many of us that choose to live within the boundaries of liberal lunacy, do so for other reasons regardless of than the people that somehow get elected into office.

The city is just a microcosm of the SanFran Bay Area.

Entelechy on September 27, 2007 at 12:15 AM

A leap of faith I suppose, with no regrets. Mahalo nui loa!

Kini on September 27, 2007 at 2:24 AM

sigh….,

Fingers speak faster than the mind.

Kini on September 27, 2007 at 4:18 AM