Video: Ronbots heckle Rudy on Michigan ferry ride

posted at 4:47 pm on September 25, 2007 by Allahpundit

Amusing, especially the moron who intones theatrically about lies and the light of day in the second clip. David Freddoso quotes a Detroit Free Press story reporting, per one eyewitness, that some of the heckling turned Truther, as I imagine heckling by Paul supporters is wont to do. Follow the DFP link and scroll down to the comments, though, and you’ll see one witness claiming that that was only one or two people and they were drowned out. There’s no mention of Trutherism in this purported eyewitness account, either. The Paul nuts typically aren’t shy about advertising their nuttier beliefs so the fact that there’s no evidence of it in the clips makes me think there wasn’t much of it. And as for this:

Ed Wyszynski, a longtime party activist from Eagle, said the Paul supporters threatened to throw Giuliani overboard and harrassed him as he took shelter in the ferry’s pilothouse for the 15-minute journey back to Mackinaw City.

If it were true and/or serious, Rudy’s camp surely would have mentioned it afterwards, wouldn’t they?

Comments

Why do Paul supporters tend by under 30 or look like they live in a basement?

amerpundit on September 25, 2007 at 5:06 PM

by = to be

amerpundit on September 25, 2007 at 5:06 PM

Paulnuts. Excellent. Saw that coined on NRO earlier today.

Brat on September 25, 2007 at 5:08 PM

Paulestinians have to be the most annoying group of people around. They make me sick.

Complete7 on September 25, 2007 at 5:10 PM

Hillaroids

Ochlan on September 25, 2007 at 5:10 PM

How much money has Paul (or his ‘supporters) gotten from George Soros?

Ron Paul is just a tool for the Left. I think his actual supporters number in the several 10s.

Asher on September 25, 2007 at 5:11 PM

Ron Paul is just a tool for the Left

Why on earth do you think this?

Ochlan on September 25, 2007 at 5:14 PM

Why do Paul supporters tend by under 30 or look like they live in a basement?

amerpundit on September 25, 2007 at 5:06 PM

Hehehe….Have you seen the pictures of them over at Zombie’s?

GT on September 25, 2007 at 5:20 PM

Why do Paul supporters tend by under 30 or look like they live in a basement?

Because Paul supporters tend by under 30 or live in a basement.

edgehead on September 25, 2007 at 5:20 PM

So… exactly what good did this little affair do.. other than make the Paulettes look stupid and obnoxious?

GoodBoy on September 25, 2007 at 5:21 PM

Until you posted this, I hadn’t heard of it from my local news or the local paper.

Pam on September 25, 2007 at 5:31 PM

Why no post on the “Ron Paul” girl today? I saw the tease for it on Fox and Friends this morning. Anyone else?

nailinmyeye on September 25, 2007 at 5:32 PM

Does anyone know if Ron Paul is aware of the type of people who have become his supporters? Or if he too is a closet “Truther”?

We know he thinks all wars are bad and America should never fight a war again and that we provoked 9/11 with our involvement in the Middle East. It is but a small step further to start wanting to “ask questions” about what REALLY happened on that day.

Either way, the man is a complete disgrace, imho. The nomination cannot come soon enough so that I never have to listen to the man’s whiney, male version of Betty White voice again. Ditto for his ouster, so that a true Republican will once again fill his House seat.

Hawkins1701 on September 25, 2007 at 5:39 PM

Because Paul supporters tend by under 30 or live in a basement.

It isn’t a basement, it’s a constitutional crisis bunker.

NeoConNews on September 25, 2007 at 5:42 PM

Or if he too is a closet “Truther”?

If his former senior aide is to be believed, he commented on my blog a month ago or so, Ron Paul is closer to the truthers than we think.

NeoConNews on September 25, 2007 at 5:43 PM

I’ve never seen people with a 2 word monosyllabic vocabulary before. It will be quite an accomplishment when someday someone teaches them to say “Do you want fries with that?”

trubble on September 25, 2007 at 5:43 PM

nailinmyeye on September 25, 2007 at 5:32 PM

She can’t find her crack pipe.

right2bright on September 25, 2007 at 5:46 PM

GoodBoy on September 25, 2007 at 5:21 PM

Oh, they crossed that threshold long ago. Besides, they’re desperate since a Ron Paul loss will probably end up with a Jonestown style Kool-Aid tasting amongst his cult members supporters.

Hollowpoint on September 25, 2007 at 6:12 PM

I got Ron Paul Girl Stripping Video if you wanna see it.

Jay on September 25, 2007 at 6:11 PM

I’m at work- does it involve stripping off layers of tinfoil?

Hollowpoint on September 25, 2007 at 6:13 PM

Its safe for work.

Jay on September 25, 2007 at 6:18 PM

Exit question: are these nerd/freaks former GOP voters that we are in the process of losing (when we catapult RP back to the 1930s), or have they never voted before?

(I intentionally left out the possibility that they voted Democrat, but oh, that it were true).

Jaibones on September 25, 2007 at 6:37 PM

Jaibones on September 25, 2007 at 6:37 PM

All of the above, but I suspect mostly those who’ve never voted before. Traditionally the 18-25 year old demographic doesn’t vote in high numbers.

I honestly don’t think many are former Republicans who (for good reason) have become disgruntled with the party. Whatever he has right with regards to spending and the role of the federal government, he’s so wrong on foreign policy and defense to explain it that way.

The more extreme someone is, the more devoted their followers. From Hitler to Charles Manson to David Koresh to Ron Paul- the outspoken nutjobs won’t have a lot of followers, but the ones they have will kill or die for them.

Hollowpoint on September 25, 2007 at 7:04 PM

I hate Ronbots! I had to turn off the comments on my own blog to get rid of them. Stupid, unruly and borderline nuts!

Joshua P. Allem on September 25, 2007 at 7:05 PM

The Audio is completely out of sync with the video. I can’t tell who’s saying what. Let’s make this clear. Ron Paulians are Libertarians and are more like Anarchists than conservatives. Libertarians don’t stand for anything at all but free unfettered chaos. Libertarians claim they are like Objectivists but in reality even Objectivists stand for morality. Libertarians are in many ways like the left, they distort the Bill or Rights to claim that any form of government is not not welcome at all.

They are vile bunch, and very very confused.

Egfrow on September 25, 2007 at 7:29 PM

They are vile bunch, and very very confused.

Egfrow on September 25, 2007 at 7:29 PM

That’s an exaggeration- mainstream libertarians mostly want to adhere to a strict constructionist view of the constitution in moving power back to the states and a limited government role in commerce and individual rights.

Yes, they usually go too far, but I largely sympathise with 80% of what they stand for; however Ron Paul focuses on the other 20%.

Hollowpoint on September 25, 2007 at 7:54 PM

That’s too broad a brush to paint all libertarians with.

By the way, I bet this song is what the Ron Paul morons want to sing:

Throw the Rudy down the well
So my country can be free
You must grab him by his horns
Then we have a big party

/Borat

mram on September 25, 2007 at 8:21 PM

Hawkins1701 on September 25, 2007 at 5:39 PM

Has anyone ever seen Ron Paul and Betty White in the same room together?

It isn’t a basement, it’s a constitutional crisis bunker.

NeoConNews on September 25, 2007 at 5:42 PM

Now that’s funny because it’s true.

ReubenJCogburn on September 25, 2007 at 8:38 PM

Yup and cockroaches only come out at night!haha

canopfor on September 25, 2007 at 8:39 PM

Ron Paul is irrelevent. Vote for Rudy or elect Hillary.

This is the choice Republicans face.

JayHaw Phrenzie on September 25, 2007 at 9:16 PM

Vote for Rudy or elect Hillary.

This is the choice Republicans face.

JayHaw Phrenzie on September 25, 2007 at 9:16 PM

Vote for Rudy and you’re not really a Republican anymore.

Hollowpoint on September 25, 2007 at 9:21 PM

Libertarians stand for morality, they believe what the government is doing is immoral. And think people have the right to make their own decisions for good or ill.

Ditto, that’s what annoys me so much about Ron Paul. If this was peacetime I’d probably vote for him.

My friend who works for Ron Paul’s campaign is convinced Paul has little idea about the cranks. And he says that the people he works with aren’t truthers, and the people high in Paul’s campaign that he’s talked to aren’t either.

But he admits that Paul has attracted quite the posse.

Keljeck on September 25, 2007 at 11:00 PM

Hollowpoint on September 25, 2007 at 9:21 PM

Only in your narrow, little extremist world.

JayHaw Phrenzie on September 25, 2007 at 11:05 PM

I was there at Mackinac and experienced Ron Paul cult members supporters first hand. I blogged about it. One man had 2 tourists on Mackinac Island trapped. He ranted that Iraq was an unconstitutional war. He also explained that Bush is creating a “New American Union” combining Canada, the U.S., and Mexico. He said the dollar would be abolished, replaced by the new currency “The America” .

I was bamboozled by a Paulie guy at the booth I worked at. He was wearing a press credential, so I stupidly thought he was with the press. He asked me why I supported Condi for VP, and I explained . So far so good. Then he raised his voice and asked what Condi thought about The New American Union. I explained that she was a true American patriot and would probably fight against it.

He seemed satisfied with the answer, but disappointed that I didn’t roll my eyes, call him a kook, or tell him to register Democrat.

Oy vey, sometimes I think our tent is too big.

Lothar on September 25, 2007 at 11:15 PM

Only in your narrow, little extremist world.

JayHaw Phrenzie on September 25, 2007 at 11:05 PM

Yeah, everyone who thinks that city mayors shouldn’t protect illegal aliens but should persecute anyone with a desire to own a gun- total extremist. This website is full of ‘em.

Hollowpoint on September 25, 2007 at 11:29 PM

Ron Paul is just a tool for the Left
Why on earth do you think this?

Ochlan on September 25, 2007 at 5:14 PM

This is what I’ve been saying from the start…
Some of his support comes from some fringe elements within the R’s but most of them are certainly trying to boost him in an effort to attach a “whack-job” asterisk to the other candidates. If they aren’t D’s then they are simple, nutter, anarchists.

TBinSTL on September 26, 2007 at 12:26 AM

If they aren’t D’s then they are simple, nutter, anarchists.

If you look at the list of people who are spaming digg on Paul’s behalf it’s radical libertarian (some to the point of anarchy) groups.

It was posted on HotAir awhile a go. Do a search on Ron Paul Digg and it should pop up.

I don’t agree with the theory that Ron Paul is being propped up by Democrats. There’s more than enough radicals of all stripes who agree enough with Ron Paul to make the noise we are hearing on Paul’s behalf. Especially if they are net savvy.

Keljeck on September 26, 2007 at 1:11 AM

You think they are loud now? Wait till the “write in” screech campaign starts ten seconds after the nomination. It will be peppered with conspiracy theories as well, be sure of it.

mojowire on September 26, 2007 at 9:07 AM