Video: Ahmadinejad at Columbia; Update: Columbia speech “OK with me” says Bush

posted at 1:38 pm on September 24, 2007 by Allahpundit

It’s supposed to be streaming at CBS NY, WNBC, and ABC 7 but I can’t get any to play at the moment. Anyone have any feeds they know are working?

Update: The NBC feed is working. I’m able to record it, for some reason, but not actually see it play. Let me know what’s happening in the comments.

Update: It looks like the cable nets may be carrying this too, at least for awhile. MSNBC already has the feed and Fox appears to cut to it.

Update: In fairness, if Bush had come out against the speech, the left would be demagoging him as opposed to free inquiry, etc etc. But still:

“This is a place of high learning and if the president (of Columbia) thinks it’s a good idea to have the leader from Iran come and talk to the students as an educational experience, I guess it’s OK with me,” Bush told FOX News in an interview. “The problem is Ahmadinejad uses these platforms to advance his agenda, which I suspect in this case … He doesn’t want America to know his true intentions.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 5 6 7

You’re all invited to Iran as my Hostages Opps sorry I meant my guests

William Amos on September 24, 2007 at 3:33 PM

the tiny terrorist was revealed for who he is.

JustTruth101 on September 24, 2007 at 3:10 PM

Not to be an a$$hole, but I already knew what he was and it would be evident to the rest of the world if they bothered to pay attention and accept the facts. I find it sickening that it is our institutions of higher learning that couldn’t see the truth even though it was right in front of their noses.

csdeven on September 24, 2007 at 3:35 PM

Then why didn’t you tell Condi to revoke his bloody visa?

wherestherum on September 24, 2007 at 3:35 PM

I watched as much as I could of his Columbia “Q&A.” He absolutely frightens me and I truly feel that today we saw the actual presence of Evil.

mimi1220 on September 24, 2007 at 3:35 PM

One of the comments at Kos…”he seems more human than Bush”…

…the battle is lost when one half the country believes that comment.

Sue on September 24, 2007 at 3:28 PM

I wonder if people who make moronic comments like actually truly mean it or if they do it just to bring down the man/establishment, etc. Not that I don’t believe people are truly that stupid. Wave good bye to Western civ.

wherestherum on September 24, 2007 at 3:37 PM

FYI, I meant the Kos comment, not Sue. In case anyone misunderstands me.

wherestherum on September 24, 2007 at 3:39 PM

I like Bollinger’ close

“I doubt you will have the intellectual courage to answer these questions”

trubble on September 24, 2007 at 2:03 PM

Bad close.

He should have said, “I look forward to your honest and straight forward answers, Mr President.”

And then got ready to do the eye roll thingy.

MB4 on September 24, 2007 at 3:41 PM

Ahmadinejad is crazy… crazy like a fox. (/cliche’)

It’s amazing to me that in this day and age, with our current global climate, that someone like Ahmadinejad, the ‘President’ of a middle-eastern terrorist state, can actually fly into our country, be the honored guest at a publicy funded University (that simultaneously refused to let an American citizen speak at the same location), hold press conferences, kiss hands, shake babies, and stroll through New York City with the audacity to play the 9/11 tragedy like a poker hand.

Being a member of the UN makes it mostly possible, I know, but it’s still a testament to the benevolence of the United States of America. That fact will probably not be mentioned in the MSM and among the moonbattery of blogs out there, because dramatic negativity coupled with BDS (Bush Derangement Syndrome) is far more profitable in every context.

On a side thought, this whole traveling freak show is also yet another good reason to resign from and evict the U.N. They’d probably rather be closer to where their hearts really lie anyway… like Europe or China.

Whomever Ahmadinnerjacket’s P.R. people are, they could make a fortune if they’d defect and go into business in Hollywood… after they spilled the truth about what’s truly going on behind the iron curtain in Iran of course.

SilverStar830 on September 24, 2007 at 3:42 PM

What name does Imawhackjob post under at DKos?

Jaibones on September 24, 2007 at 3:46 PM

What name does Imawhackjob post under at DKos?

Jaibones on September 24, 2007 at 3:46 PM

LittleMoCreep

MB4 on September 24, 2007 at 3:51 PM

I wonder if people who make moronic comments like actually truly mean it…

wherestherum on September 24, 2007 at 3:37 PM

They really mean it.

Connie on September 24, 2007 at 3:58 PM

606 comments. All we need is 60 59 more.

Connie on September 24, 2007 at 4:00 PM

All we need is 60 59 more.

Connie on September 24, 2007 at 4:00 PM

I am in the dark, why do we need 59 more?

Did this help?

Dersu on September 24, 2007 at 4:02 PM

Duncan Hunter wants to cut off fed funding of Columbia U

I will have to think on that.

OK, I did.

Because of ROTC, do it.

Dersu on September 24, 2007 at 4:05 PM

Some Republican will quote unquote overstep the boundries and the media will try to tie this all together in a neat equal little package.

tomas on September 24, 2007 at 4:08 PM

They really mean it.

Connie on September 24, 2007 at 3:58 PM

I was afraid of that. *sigh*

wherestherum on September 24, 2007 at 4:10 PM

Dersu on September 24, 2007 at 4:02 PM

Looking to reach 666, which would be an appropriate number of comments for a thread on Ahmadinejad.

But it was a joke. Sort of.

Connie on September 24, 2007 at 4:10 PM

A day of infamy.

Niko on September 24, 2007 at 4:32 PM

Many Jews living peacefully in Iran with security!

Ordinary1 on September 24, 2007 at 2:34 PM

Yeah, prison-type security. (I couldn’t let that go by.)

I still wouldn’t have invited the little dictator (actually, what I’d like to do would be to give his plane the Admiral Yamamoto treatment), but like most people I was pleasantly surprised that this thing turned out to be more than just Columbia getting on its knees and giving him oral pleasure.

ReubenJCogburn on September 24, 2007 at 4:36 PM

“Ahmadinejad, keep your hands off from Israel’s oil!”

Niko on September 24, 2007 at 4:37 PM

I think somewhere along the line Bollinger realized that he was making a big mistake and therefore he changed his original verbage. I think the possible loss of revenue from past graduates forced him to change his tone. Anyway the whole fiasco did nothing to change my mind. The idiot should not have been invited to speak. Period.

SIJ6141 on September 24, 2007 at 4:39 PM

If a Christian made a similar sermon at that venue, he would be interupted an forced of the stage.

SIJ6141 on September 24, 2007 at 4:41 PM

Bollinger is making great points, but a better point would have been made by not letting Ahmedidenijhadi appear in the first place.

Ah, but how better than to lull him with a false sense of brotherhood and then take him down? Would Mahmoud have agreed to come if he thought he’d be criticized like that? He probably thought he’d have a wonderful reception and it would be all kissy kissy. I doubt there’d be any easier way to nail him than this.

But you’re correct in that it’s an afront to even have him breath the same air as the New Yorkers who died on September 11 (and the people in the planes and in the Pentagon, of course), let alone speak at Columbia.

Bob's Kid on September 24, 2007 at 4:49 PM

Um, breathe.

Bob's Kid on September 24, 2007 at 4:50 PM

I wonder if Ahmadinejad is going to hook up Howard Dean and shoot some promotional ads for the democraps… I’m sure he’ll pay them.

Zorro on September 24, 2007 at 6:39 PM