Quote of the day

posted at 10:30 pm on September 22, 2007 by Allahpundit

“[W]e’ve solved the Case of the Missing Outrage. It seems the public outcry that should have been directed at a Holocaust-denying anti-Semite and amateur fission enthusiast was accidentally bottled up, shipped to Palo Alto, and dumped wholesale into the water supply…”

Comments

So. Hitler. Yes. Dinner-Jacket. Yes. Rummy. No.

Interesting.

lorien1973 on September 22, 2007 at 10:39 PM

Outrageous…but sadly predictable.

nailinmyeye on September 22, 2007 at 10:42 PM

a bunch of mindless jerks who were the first against the wall when the revolution came

doriangrey on September 22, 2007 at 10:44 PM

Donald Rumsfeld will be a visiting fellow at the Hoover Institution…………………..
….I’m surprised the Stanford heirarchy isn’t clashing with Columbia over who gets to hear the Iranian president put Israel and the U.S. down. If I was Rumsfeld, I would stay away from the Farm where the wheat fields of academic freedom have now turned into fields of liberal stubble and waste. It’s all a Cardinal sin.

Memo to Rumsfeld:

Don’t pass “go”.

Do not collect $200.00.

Go directly to Standford, now, and let’s see how many will protest you vs. how many will protest Ahmadinejad speaking at Columbia.

Mcguyver on September 22, 2007 at 10:47 PM

“We value truth, justice, peace and respect for human dignity”

Sweet. DinnerJacket should fit right in with the faculty. They obviously share the same principles.

FireFly on September 22, 2007 at 10:47 PM

Only like minded commie tyrants are wanted. Watch what happens when Hannity tries to speak there next week supposedly.

roninacreage on September 22, 2007 at 10:49 PM

I wonder what would happen if the conservatives on campus would react with the same vitriol that the liberals do – i imagine we would’ve been thrown off campus and bared from life.

Defector01 on September 22, 2007 at 10:56 PM

So if Rummy had presided over stoning homosexuals instead of keeping them out of the military, it’d be ok. If he had had teenage girls hung for promiscuity instead of “allowing” failed jihadis to be humiliated, it’d be ok.

I can’t tell if they hate Rummy for what he did, or that he didn’t go far enough. I honestly think they wear Birkenstocks because they can’t tie their own shoes.

trubble on September 22, 2007 at 11:04 PM

“Outraged by this appointment of a war monger and
Torture facilitator into any part of the University enviroment”.

Very kind words for a guest,Donald Rumsfeld,
from the tolerant and compassionate LIBERALS,
like my grandfather always would say “something
is wrong in there head”.

canopfor on September 22, 2007 at 11:07 PM

I honestly think they wear Birkenstocks because they can’t tie their own shoes.

trubble on September 22, 2007 at 11:04 PM

Thanks for the laugh!

Mcguyver on September 22, 2007 at 11:09 PM

I almost hope that a civil war would break out just so I can go out and go to work. I’m almost to the point now where I want to start up a vigilante group of patriots to take this country back before I don’t have a country left. As it stands now the liberal traitors are taking over this country without firing a shot. This can’t continue like this without some type of blow-back at some point.

Guardian on September 22, 2007 at 11:29 PM

Guardian, I agree with you on the frustration, but to paraphrase ol’ Sam Clemens, the reports of America’s demise have been greatly exagerated.

From LGF:

in 1933, Columbia president Nicholas Murray Butler invited Nazi Germany’s ambassador to the United States, Hans Luther, to speak on campus, and also hosted a reception for him. Luther represented “the government of a friendly people,” Butler insisted.

These people have been behaving like seditious lunatics for a looooong time and we’re still here, slapping them around (rhetorically) as they deserve.

trubble on September 22, 2007 at 11:40 PM

Sure. There are Trotskyites at Stanford *yawn*. None of them are capable of inventing anything as original (or as funny) as Trotsky himself, though. If I remember my history correctly, when Herbert Hoover left office in 1933 and founded the “Institute of War, Revolution and Peace” at Stanford, Leon Trotsky commented “Well, at least the bastard got them in the right order.”

Stalin sent his goons to Mexico to assasinate Trotsky not too long after he said that. Hitchens and the other “atheist intellectuals” should make a note of this incident in history (lest they repeat it). Atheist intellectuals (like Trotsky) frequently end up suffering a premature death — at the hands of the more unsavory elements of their own ilk.

CyberCipher on September 22, 2007 at 11:43 PM

trubble on September 22, 2007 at 11:40 PM

Welcome to HotAir, trubble. Long may you post.

techno_barbarian on September 22, 2007 at 11:47 PM

trubble on September 22, 2007 at 11:40 PM

It’s not just this. It’s a culmination of a lot of things. I really feel like something bad is coming on the horizon.

I realize that there have been plenty of “seditious lunatics” but we are talking nearly half the country now. Not a few loonies. Tens of millions of loonies. Just in my 45 years I have seen the systematic breakdown of all that used to be good. I can’t recognize this country from the one I knew as a kid.

Wait until the so called college educated (indoctrinated) kids take over as adults in positions of power. What do you think this country will look like in 20 years at the current rate of sedition? When gays will teach your kids that heterosexuality is an old fashioned value that must be erased in the name of “progression”. When soldiers are third class citizens to be openly despised. It’s hard to remain optimistic when you look at the big picture and the direction this country is heading.

Guardian on September 22, 2007 at 11:51 PM

I guess justice for the anti-military left would be for them to enjoy the consequences of their wishes. No protection from real threats to democracy and all the freedoms that come with it. Thankfully, there are still enough right thinking Americans to protect us all from that end. At least for now…

Ordinary1 on September 22, 2007 at 11:52 PM

“The perception of the world is that [Hoover] is part of Stanford, a very visibly erect part of our beloved campus. We value truth, justice, peace and respect for human dignity

They forgot to put in “the American Way,” but wait…….they’re not Americans-they’re liberals aren’t they.

Tennessee Dave on September 23, 2007 at 12:03 AM

Welcome to HotAir, trubble. Long may you post.

Thanks!

Again, I’m with you on the frustration, but we’ll be ok in 20 years. And 50 years. And 100 years.

As for gays teaching kids anything, it’s going to take a lot more than a school curriculum to overcome the hormones that drive teenagers.

Remember that the people we see in the media do not represent the people. Why would they? If I can get the same thing by going to the mall or talking with my neighbor why would I watch TV or see a movie? They are freaks, they are court jesters and clowns.

As for academia, particularly for the social sciences or arts and humanities areas, the professors’ opinions have a shelf life of about 5 minutes off campus. If those 20 year olds want to be perpetual students or even professors then they can be permenantly ensconced in the ivory tower. But the minute those students get a real job in the private sector, all that multicultural silliness is useless and, over time, it atrophies and falls away.

trubble on September 23, 2007 at 1:01 AM

I believe that we should start a program in which university faculty go overseas and teach for one year. I would love to see the faculty at Stanford, Columbia, and other like minded institutes have to teach for one year at various universities in Iran, North Korea, and Syria.

dawgyear on September 23, 2007 at 1:11 AM

Guardian,

look on the bright side … at the rate things are going, the rapture will come within the next 20 years :)

j_ehman on September 23, 2007 at 1:56 AM

At what point did Brain Damage become a requirement to get into College?

Regney on September 23, 2007 at 6:24 AM

At what point did Brain Damage become a requirement to get into College?

Regney on September 23, 2007 at 6:24 AM

Didn’t you know a flawed liberal ideology has been required for decades?

DannoJyd on September 23, 2007 at 8:27 AM

Once again the facts confirm that my theory of having a high IQ has nothing to do with being intelligent.

leanright on September 23, 2007 at 8:32 AM

I suppose it isn’t new news that the universities in this country are Marxist breeding pens but it never ceases to generate disgust and anger . . . particularly when they use federal funds to indoctrinate and propagandize their student charges.

rplat on September 23, 2007 at 9:12 AM

bizaro world .

trailortrash on September 23, 2007 at 10:26 AM

leanright on September 23, 2007 at 8:32 AM

Theologian R. C. Sproul once commented that our problem in this country, is that too many people are educated beyond their intelligence.

A major college welcomes a nuke-armed lunatic with open arms, but bans ROTC.

Sproul is correct.

oldleprechaun on September 23, 2007 at 12:06 PM

Am I surprised at this double standard? No. This is par for the course in liberal academia.

Troy Rasmussen on September 23, 2007 at 2:30 PM

Guardian on September 22, 2007 at 11:51 PM

Gaurdian is correct. We cannnot continue in this way for very much longer. In every society or social structure there is a tipping point. Even though changes accumulate, the structure seems stable until, with breathtaking speed, there is a collapse.
The old Soviet Union comes to mind as an example. During its heyday, the few people who claimed it would collaps of its own internal contradictions were ridiculed. Now in hindsight, it almost seems inevetible. Now it seems to be coming up on some other tipping point.
The problem with tipping points, is you can never predict when they will hit with any accuracy, but I would bet there is less than 50-70 years left before we hit ours, unless certain trends reverse themselves.
Time will tell, but I fear for my grandchildren.

Herikutsu on September 23, 2007 at 5:41 PM

Rome took centuries, and attacks from both within and without, to collapse.
I don’t believe that we are going to fall anytime soon, or that it will be a simple today-we’re-here-tomorrow-we’re-not situation, but I think it speaks volumes that every foreign leader whose motto is “Death to America” sees the Left as his potential (or actual) ally. I think it speaks even more volumes that this fact doesn’t phase the Left one iota or give them so much as a millisecond’s pause.

Lancer on September 23, 2007 at 7:43 PM