No joke: National Press Club to host Ahmadinejad at videoconference luncheon; Update: Revoke his visa, says Fred

posted at 1:43 pm on September 21, 2007 by Allahpundit

It’s the luncheon part that’s so precious. Listening to him speak is disgusting enough but that at least can be spun as knowing thine enemy. To follow the session with a jolly repast just points up how casually they’re treating it. Watch him show off his just-asking-questions Holocaust dance moves, then knock back a glass of wine and some strip steak. It’s dinner theater. What filth.

LGF also notes that the latest word from Iranian media is that he’s still coming to Ground Zero. That contradicts what the Iranian mission in NYC said last night and what Bloomberg told a radio show this morning, but Tehran would obviously know his plans better than they would. If he goes down there, prepare to see the photos of it included in every last campaign post I write from now until the election, all of them emblazoned with the “Brought to you by the RNC” motto. Just my little contribution to the mass scalp-taking that’s going to occur among Republicans if they let this fiasco happen.

Update: Cowboy diplomacy!

Comments

Since when did Ahmad-in-jihad become the Beatles rolled into one? My god, they’re reacting like a bunch of freaking teenage girls getting a chance to go backstage.

Anyone want to take bets who’ll be the first to ask about “Hitler’s” ipod?

Defector01 on September 21, 2007 at 1:45 PM

I wonder if pork is on the menu.

ChrisM on September 21, 2007 at 1:51 PM

It’ll be interesting, though, to record for posterity the Dems’ collective faux outrage over the Republican candidates’ collective genuine outrage over this possible visit, and then watch the Dem candidates trot pictures of the visit out next year as another Republican failure.

flipflop on September 21, 2007 at 1:54 PM

I hope that his visit to Columbia University will become a nightmare for the school.

GoodBoy on September 21, 2007 at 1:55 PM

It could well be that this is the incident that triggers America’s next civil war. The liberal elitists love Ahmadinejad while the conservatives hate him with a burning passion. One thing is for sure, conservatives are not going to forget or forgive the liberals for embracing Ahmadinejad.

doriangrey on September 21, 2007 at 1:55 PM

President Bush needs to deny him entry in the country. But he won’t.

BadgerHawk on September 21, 2007 at 1:56 PM

I love our country and what it “should” stand for. What I have seen lately is not the country I expect America to be.
I hate feeling so helpless in the midst of all this madness.
Something has to change. What will bring about the profound change that this country needs so bad? As soon as this guy steps off the plane in our country we should have him arrested. He is responsible for killing our soldiers in Iraq. Would we have let Hitler just waltz into our country like he owned the place in WW2?………..I doubt it.

patriot2001 on September 21, 2007 at 2:09 PM

President Bush needs to deny him entry in the country. But he won’t.

You’re exactly right. It’s appalling that he doesn’t.

Ahmadinejad will probably try to sneak to Ground Zero at a time when he figures no one will be there to protest him. How much easier if he says he’s not going, he thinks people won’t be there and he can slip in on the spur of the moment for the propaganda moment he wants.

katieanne on September 21, 2007 at 2:10 PM

No, but we didn’t have people then like we do now, who are ashamed of the power of the US and who want the US to be weak. These people are trying to destroy America from within.

katieanne on September 21, 2007 at 2:12 PM

Actually, I think Columbia University will see a rise in applications from certain parts of the world. You know, the likes of Iran, Indonesia, Germany, Pakistan, Jordan, Austria, Syria, France, Libya, Malaysia, …

Niko on September 21, 2007 at 2:13 PM

Actually, after Hitler took power and made his plans (exterminating Jews, among other) perfectly clear he was host to the Olympics in Berlin 1936. Most Western nations attended and enjoyed the jolly games.

Niko on September 21, 2007 at 2:15 PM

Are women allowed at this luncheon? If so, will they have on head scarves? And if not, could one of them have the cajones to have their picture taken with him, shaking his hand. It would be delicious to circulate amongst his fellows back in Iran.

Sue on September 21, 2007 at 2:23 PM

Didn’t his being allowed to come into the country come up the last time Mr. “Blue Glow” addressed the UN? And it came up that he couldn’t be kept out?

But katieanne, “try to sneak to Ground Zero”? – That guy’s going to have more eyes on him every second he’s in this country than the ladies visited by the 9/11 hikackers did at the Florida strip clubs.

eeyore on September 21, 2007 at 2:25 PM

These are the same liberals that expressed outrage, outrage I tell ya’, over Bush addressing Bob Jones University. Hypocrites.

Sue on September 21, 2007 at 2:25 PM

You tell em Fred…….Revoke his visa and kick the little $hit out of the country and damn the UN, damn them straight to he11.

doriangrey on September 21, 2007 at 2:25 PM

Let’s put some personality-altering substance into his food. Wouldn’t it be fun if he showed up back in Iran speaking of how wonderful the Jews are, how we should make peace with Israel, etc!!

jimbo2 on September 21, 2007 at 2:26 PM

This man is scum and it will stick to those that get too close to him. It is a sad day for the Republic when he is allowed to spew his vile, hateful garbage at our invitation. Unfortunately, this country is spiraling downward a an incredible pace.

rplat on September 21, 2007 at 2:28 PM

Was it just a rumor that our military developed a weapon that caused the enemy to become enamored with each other? How delightful if it was slipped into his food and he couldn’t keep his hands off the male, or female, doesn’t matter to me, sitting next to him.

Sue on September 21, 2007 at 2:29 PM

Sue on September 21, 2007 at 2:29 PM

I can’t think of a better guinea pig (and I do mean pig) to test this weapon on!

(Apologies to the real guinea pigs)

jimbo2 on September 21, 2007 at 2:30 PM

Flashback:

It is widely repeated that Hitler “snubbed” Jesse Owens and his achievements. But Owens himself stated, “When I passed Hitler he arose, waved his hand at me, and I waved back at him. I think the writers showed bad taste in criticizing the man of the hour in Germany.

Does the last sentence ring familiar?

And in an Orwellian moment Hitler declared,

“The sportive, knightly battle awakens the best human characteristics. It doesn’t separate, but unites the combatants in understanding and respect. It also helps to connect the countries in the spirit of peace. That’s why the Olympic Flame should never die.”

Ahmadinejad is going straight by the book, and nothing changed in 70 years.

Niko on September 21, 2007 at 2:32 PM

I would restrict his visa to the UN(which we’re apparently obligated by treaty to let him go to) and his hotel, and I’d use National Guard and a column of Abrams tanks(just cuz a column of tanks would be cool) to enforce it.

Bad Candy on September 21, 2007 at 2:33 PM

Sue on September 21, 2007 at 2:29 PM

He probably already does have a little boy or two back at the palace.

He probably also has an 8 year old girl (remember Aisha).

jimbo2 on September 21, 2007 at 2:33 PM

Cowboy diplomacy!

And what what, Allah, did you find offensive in what Fred had to say about revoking his visa?

Are you in favor of letting the person who’s responsible for murdering American Service Personnel in Iraq into the United States?

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on September 21, 2007 at 2:34 PM

He probably already does have a little boy or two back at the palace.

Ahhh…but without the drug he can control the impulse. I want national coverage of him stroking the person next to him…because his impulse could not be denied. And then, send him home.

Sue on September 21, 2007 at 2:35 PM

Bad Candy on September 21, 2007 at 2:33 PM

If we do that, we need to have him “escorted” (i.e. carried) by two huge, burly, muscular men, one on each side of him, the entire distance.

It would be very refreshing to see him kicking and squirming the entire way.

jimbo2 on September 21, 2007 at 2:36 PM

What I think would be very effective would be for a huge crowd to all moon Ahmadinnenenaijad and have the photo of Ahmadinnnainajad with nothing but a bunch of bare asses facing him.

That would demonstrate perfectly what the US thinks of him, and would serve up a teeny-tiny dose of the justified humiliation that the Iranians have coming to them.

Also, I cannot stress enough that Columbia and all Columbia alums must be shunned, as a proper reaction to the idiotic actions of that seditionist school.

And why is it that Columbia is going to receive any federal funds? They should be cut off RIGHT NOW! And shunned …

progressoverpeace on September 21, 2007 at 2:37 PM

Huh? I didn’t think Allah was claiming it was offensive. I thought he was making reference to Fred kicking ass and taking numbers. That is cowboy diplomacy.

Sue on September 21, 2007 at 2:37 PM

They should be cut off RIGHT NOW! And shunned …

One of the ladies on Fox made an excellent compromise suggestion, though I think his being there is an outrage no matter what the compromise. Invite all of the Iranian hostages to share the stage with him and let them ask him questions.

Sue on September 21, 2007 at 2:39 PM

I’m with Fred! I don’t think we should let him in the country, either. If he can do a videoconference with the National Press Club, he can do one with the UN.

On a humorous note, I heard another comical derivation of his name from a caller on Hannity’s radio show yesterday calling him Mahmoud Ishouldgetajob. I thought it was funny.

Oh, and uh, Death to the Iranian regime!

CP on September 21, 2007 at 2:40 PM

Sue on September 21, 2007 at 2:39 PM

I’d put them all in a circle around him, with him nervous and squirming in the middle.

jimbo2 on September 21, 2007 at 2:41 PM

A bunch of you are suggesting that we keep him out of the country. I say, let him in, and make sure that his experience is one big continuous humiliation for him. On worldwide TV.

jimbo2 on September 21, 2007 at 2:42 PM

Let’s see, what would really shame him in the eyes of muslims/Iranians? Shoes thrown at him?

jimbo2 on September 21, 2007 at 2:44 PM

Where is Pink Floyds’ giant flying pigs when we need them?

ChrisM on September 21, 2007 at 2:49 PM

Devastating Lame response to Columbia from the White House in today’s press briefing:

Q Thank you, Dana. Two questions. The head of the Institute for Holocaust Studies, Dr. Medoff, has compared Columbia University’s speaking invitation to Iran’s Ahmadinejad to Columbia’s hosting of Nazi speakers and Columbia faculty members attending Nazi ceremonies in Germany in the 1930s. And my question, does the White House agree or disagree?

MS. PERINO: Look, it’s a free country. We wish the same were true in Iran. And if people want to attend and listen to a person who has advocated the destruction of Israel and treats his people terribly, then that’s their business.

CP on September 21, 2007 at 2:50 PM

About damn time Fred chimed in on this! Christ…last to comment, as usual.

MadisonConservative on September 21, 2007 at 2:51 PM

jimbo2 on September 21, 2007 at 2:44 PM

Naked women throwing their undies at him…

doriangrey on September 21, 2007 at 2:53 PM

Sue on September 21, 2007 at 2:39 PM

I’m just amazed that no one (not the White House nor Columbia nor anyone) bothered asking the hostages about this trip, at all, and how they felt about it.

An interesting point is raised, though, I wonder how many times in the past few years Columbia has invited any of the ex-hostages to come talk. It also raises the excellent question of whether any of them were invited for this one.

Yes, my mooning idea is kinda cute and the Fox lady’s suggestion is interesting but real cowboy diplomacy is what is called for – and real cowboy federal funding (or future lack thereof) of seditionist schools.

The most effective tactic for dealing with American moonbats will always be shunning. They are impervious to logic, anyway, and nothing can change their idiotic behavior unless they feel they own sense of self disappearing in a barrage of nasty looks and publicly expressed disdain.

Also, I’d love to be able to rent some professional protesters to spend the next years protesting in front of Columbia (and various offices and their homes – as libs love to do) every single day. Every single day, until the people at Columbia get some brains.

progressoverpeace on September 21, 2007 at 2:54 PM

Let him come. And some patriotic americans can hand out spam all around the site, and give the little punk a dose of American Freedom.

VolMagic on September 21, 2007 at 3:00 PM

At least AmInJihad won’t eat, drink, smoke or have sex during the luncheon since we’ll still be in the Islamic month of Ramadan. I hope someone at Columbia University has the courage to confront him about the treatment of Baha’is in Iran as well as his role in the Carter hostage disaster.

Annar on September 21, 2007 at 3:02 PM

Over-reaching quote of the day. Not a single shot will be fired. What Lib would want to start a fight with an angry gun-toting Conservative anyway? Why, that’s suicide!

CliffHanger on September 21, 2007 at 3:04 PM

I honestly would love nothing more than to never let this idiot on our soil. I mean, come on, don’t they have state-of-the art video conference equipment, and ten-THOUSAND inch plasma screens? It’d be just like he’s here, but without the jet lag!

Realistically, though, I can understand a visa to attend the UN. He is, no matter how idiotic, a recognized head-of-state of a UN Member nation. Add to that the UN is at least half-arse attempting to at least slow down the nuclear programs, and maybe, just maybe, someone will sit down face-to-face with him and explain a few things off the record.

OK, I know that is hoping for too much.

But, I think we can, and SHOULD, by all means, deny him movement anywhere else in our country. And Ground Zero should be absolutely, no question, hands-down OFF LIMITS.

JamesLee on September 21, 2007 at 3:06 PM

CliffHanger on September 21, 2007 at 3:04 PM

The only people who think liberals are intelligent, are other liberals. Only a liberal brings a knife to a gun fight, and thinks it a good idea.

doriangrey on September 21, 2007 at 3:07 PM

I would invite him in with open arms, then take him on a tour of the US starting with military bases across the country. Let him in to see ICBMs and the might the US has.

Then send him back home to think.

jtdavies on September 21, 2007 at 3:07 PM

He shouldn’t step foot on our soil.

I don’t care that the UN is here. Move the damn thing.

Darksean on September 21, 2007 at 3:11 PM

Then strap him to one and fire it at Iran.

jtdavies on September 21, 2007 at 3:07 PM

I think this is more what is called for.

doriangrey on September 21, 2007 at 3:11 PM

As to the National Press Club “videoconference”, why would he have to be in New York to do that? That seems sorta stupid. If they are dying to videoconference with the little tyrant, they can do it any day from Iran – that’s the whole point of videoconferencing!

The stupidity from the seditionist left is just beyond belief. I think their average IQ is 21.

progressoverpeace on September 21, 2007 at 3:12 PM

I keep saying to just wait until his plane rolls to a stop on U.S. territory. Then declare war on Iran and arrest him as a prisoner of war. Then ship him straight to gitmo. Simple.

Guardian on September 21, 2007 at 3:13 PM

progressoverpeace on September 21, 2007 at 3:12 PM

I doubt it is that high…

doriangrey on September 21, 2007 at 3:13 PM

doriangrey on September 21, 2007 at 3:13 PM

You’re right, dorian. I often forget the sheer scale of leftist stupidity.

progressoverpeace on September 21, 2007 at 3:17 PM

Well since his government is supplying the insurgencies proxy wars in both Iraq and Afghanistan with munitions and training, technically would that not make him an unlawful enemy combatant?

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on September 21, 2007 at 3:19 PM

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on September 21, 2007 at 3:19 PM

It would in my book. Since we are capturing Iraniain soldiers and supplies/weapons in Iraq, aren’t we technically at war with them already? All Bush needs to do is state the obvious.

Guardian on September 21, 2007 at 3:27 PM

He’ll be right at home there with like minded comrades. Dan Rather, David Gregory, Chrissy Matthews, Keith the tack Olbermun already have front row seats reserved so they can get a pic and autograph.

roninacreage on September 21, 2007 at 3:29 PM

Maybe Ahmadnutjobs plane will disappear off radar. Mechanical failures happen all the time. Maybe some american hero in an F-16 could assist.

roninacreage on September 21, 2007 at 3:31 PM

jimbo2 on September 21, 2007 at 2:44 PM

Maybe some gays in their Sunday best could turn out to make him feel very attractive? After all, they should be willing to stand up against what he represents to their cause.

NellE on September 21, 2007 at 3:35 PM

As I posted before, note the irony of the left when they squeal about Bush using 9-11 for political gain yet are strangely silent when dinner jacket uses 9-11 for political gain.

swami on September 21, 2007 at 3:37 PM

You’d certainly be right in doing so, but would New Yorkers really let that happen?

I’m too far away to be apart of any human chain gang, but surely there are enough locals to keep that human disgrace from getting anywhere near there.

Esthier on September 21, 2007 at 3:38 PM

roninacreage on September 21, 2007 at 3:31 PM

Maybe reroute his aircraft over the Bermuda Triangle. Then act all shocked and surprised when a missile ancient weapon from a submarine Atlantis takes him out.

Guardian on September 21, 2007 at 3:41 PM

I say, let him go to Ground Zero, just like everyone else. Afterall, this is a free county isn’t it! So why shouldn’t he go…alone…and unarmed? Let’s see how tough he is?

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on September 21, 2007 at 3:42 PM

Esthier on September 21, 2007 at 3:38 PM

As liberal as NYC is I doubt it, he11 there would probably be twice as many there to welcome him as those there to prevent his visiting ground zero.

doriangrey on September 21, 2007 at 3:42 PM

If anything, it should make for some hair-raising, lively TV. I doubt the this ‘Press Club’ or Columbia U is setting him up for an assassination, which would REALLY be interesting, so associating with this evil creature, in my book, makes them just as anti-semetic, anti- American as he is, no matter what they say. To me, when you associate with evil, welcome evil in your home, you are evil. Any blood that is spilled at these demonstrations or whatever happens, is on their hands. With all the problems we need to solve in America, I can’t believe they would want to disrupt the country for this evil creature.

countywolf on September 21, 2007 at 3:44 PM

countywolf on September 21, 2007 at 3:44 PM

Then you just don’t understand how much the liberal left hates America.

doriangrey on September 21, 2007 at 3:54 PM

Then you just don’t understand how much the liberal left hates America.

doriangrey on September 21, 2007 at 3:54 PM

Honestly, it’s incomprehensible, and I prefer to let it stay that way.

Esthier on September 21, 2007 at 3:58 PM

You’re absolutely right doriangrey. From the 50/50 split at election times, I fear the day when these ‘bolsheviks’ do take over. I wonder, how’s New Zealand this time of year? Do they put up with ‘undocumented aliens’? Are there nice people there? I hear it’t not bad, kind of like America used to be.

countywolf on September 21, 2007 at 4:03 PM

I guess it’s just an example of the American Media putting into practice the old saying : “The enemy of my enemy is my friend”. The media hatred of President Bush catapults Ahmadinejad into the ranks of their buddies.

Blaise on September 21, 2007 at 4:42 PM

I fear the day when these ‘bolsheviks’ do take over.
countywolf on September 21, 2007 at 4:03 PM

I don’t think you will have to wait long, unfortunatly. If Hillary is elected, she will be bought and paid for by these leftist, and they will let her know.

right2bright on September 21, 2007 at 4:47 PM

I’m all for letting him visit the site, as long as we take him over there in a chopper and drop him off at the 92nd floor of WTC1.

Going down?

fogw on September 21, 2007 at 4:48 PM

Why did not the administration deny his visa like they have with so many others with terrorist links. We live in an insane world. Maybe someone will be kind and put him out of his misery.

Mark

“Everybody in politics lies, but [the Clintons] do it with such ease, it’s troubling.”

David Geffen – Former Clinton supporter and Hollywood mogul

mark24609 on September 21, 2007 at 5:04 PM

Revoke his visa, says Fred

So far that tactic has worked great in keeping out 6 million plus individuals.

Zaire67 on September 21, 2007 at 5:35 PM

Where are the calls for Bollinger to be fired – and never hired by another university?

I want his butt on the street, and destitute. That’s what he deserves, and his family deserves to be the object of ridicule by all. Scumbags, one and all.

progressoverpeace on September 21, 2007 at 5:52 PM

Bad Candy on September 21, 2007 at 2:33 PM
Was that Ahmadhimmijob’s SUV we just ran over? Better back up and make sure it’s flat.

steveegg on September 21, 2007 at 8:31 PM