Video: Moron who crashed Paris press conference crashes O.J. press conference

posted at 1:34 pm on September 19, 2007 by Allahpundit

Whether by design or just unfortunate positioning in the camera pool, Fox and CNN cropped this magnificent bastard out of the frame. Not MSNBC. Kudos to Dan Abrams and the gang for leaving him in there and thus providing a sort of visual calliope track to accompany the O.J. media circus. Click the image to watch.

kimmel.jpg

Does Newsbusters not know who this guy is?

Comments

The media and lawyers deserve this type of stuff.

Rove set it up.

LtE126 on September 19, 2007 at 1:36 PM

This guy is my hero.

MikeZero on September 19, 2007 at 1:39 PM

I watched that live on Fox News this morning.

You were pretty quick to pick up on this story, AP.

How do we know that that guy, isn’t you?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

JayHaw Phrenzie on September 19, 2007 at 1:39 PM

Also, isn’t OJ’s attorney the same guy that was standing up for the Innocent Duke Lacrosse players on Abrams on MSNBC?

JayHaw Phrenzie on September 19, 2007 at 1:40 PM

Heh. I mentioned this earlier.

From the Stadium thread:

O.T. Does anyone remember that guy who showed up for Brittanys lock up thing? He was some prankster guy from some website. He’s standing behind OJ’s lawyer during the press conference! I think.

Guardian on September 19, 2007 at 12:14 PM

Guardian on September 19, 2007 at 1:41 PM

hah, that guy stole the press conference, funny stuff

offroadaz on September 19, 2007 at 1:42 PM

The media and lawyers deserve this type of stuff.

Rove set it up.

LtE126 on September 19, 2007 at 1:36 PM

Well said, well said and I agree 100%. When the media stop sensationalizing themselves, this will stop. I’m surprised this guy wasn’t at the Anna Nicole stuff.

ThackerAgency on September 19, 2007 at 1:42 PM

It’s a circus. Why shouldn’t it have a clown?

paul006 on September 19, 2007 at 1:49 PM

That guy works on one of the late night shows, can’t remember which one, I think a side kick to Jimmy Kimmel.

right2bright on September 19, 2007 at 1:50 PM

Now I know it’s a slow news day. Thanks for confirming.

nationspatriotcom on September 19, 2007 at 1:52 PM

How do we know that that guy, isn’t you?

The requirement of going outside instantly precludes AP’s involvement :P

lorien1973 on September 19, 2007 at 1:53 PM

So OJ tells the cops:

I got away with murder. You got nothin’ on me!

lorien1973 on September 19, 2007 at 1:53 PM

The media and lawyers deserve this type of stuff.

Rove set it up.

LtE126 on September 19, 2007 at 1:36 PM

Indeed but it is a sad, sad indication of the DECAY OF DECORUM reflected in these antics – from the Code Pinkooks erupting in Congress, to the taser boy in FL, to even an esteemed member of the MSM Bill Plante heckling President Bush and Karl Rove.

Brat on September 19, 2007 at 1:54 PM

That was great. Of course the lawyer left him hangin. Not cool dude. Not cool.

BadgerHawk on September 19, 2007 at 1:57 PM

That’s not you, is it Allah? The hat is bitchin”!

LtE126 on September 19, 2007 at 1:57 PM

I wanna know who knocked out his teeth and what he did to have it done. Or did he pull a Jim Carrey and knock out his own teeth for comic effect?

- The Cat

MirCat on September 19, 2007 at 2:05 PM

I watched that live on Fox News this morning.

You were pretty quick to pick up on this story, AP.

How do we know that that guy, isn’t you?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

JayHaw Phrenzie on September 19, 2007 at 1:39 PM

Yeah, now we know why he couldn’t make it to the Smeaton interview. It had absolutly nothing with MKH Chris Mathewsing on Smeaton.

- The Cat

MirCat on September 19, 2007 at 2:06 PM

BadgerHawk on September 19, 2007 at 1:57 PM

I was thinking the same thing. Would it have killed Yale to have returned the high five of his client’s number one supporter? :)

JayHaw Phrenzie on September 19, 2007 at 2:06 PM

I saw it live and thought it was so funny I hit record on the DVR to show the little woman later on tonight (no, I don’t know what I was doing watching MSNBC, either).

“Don’t leave me hangin’” Priceless.

What’s his story? Is he really a late night sidekick? How does he manage to get so close to the players in these things?

Is he, um, okay? As in, in full possession of his gray matter? Or did he have a lot of trips on that proverbial short yellow bus? Seriously, I can’t tell – is he short a few bricks?

Fascinating. I hope he’s not actually retarded and not actually a celebrity junkie and the whole thing is a clever schtick. It’s about time we started having open mockery of our celebrity obsessed culture.

If he’s serious, well … can that global warming hurry up and end the world?

Details. Feed me details.

Professor Blather on September 19, 2007 at 2:21 PM

His name is Anthony Barbieri. Apparently he is Jimmy Kimmel’s “Bud Melman.”

I wanna know if he’s related to OJ’s Paula Barbieri!!! Remember her?

Brat on September 19, 2007 at 2:28 PM

Shocker. It’s being reported that OJ will plead NOT GUILTY.

I’m assuming the official version will sound something like this:

“My client is pleading not Not Guilty by reason of previously getting away with murder.”

fogw on September 19, 2007 at 2:30 PM

His name is Anthony Barbieri. He’s a comedian that often does bits on the Jimmy Kimmel show. As this character, Jake Byrd, he often poses as a rabid fan and dupes the media into airing his oddness.

So, yeah, it’s just a joke. I have often had a good laugh at his antics.

JunkCoast on September 19, 2007 at 2:31 PM

His name is Anthony Barbieri. Apparently he is Jimmy Kimmel’s “Bud Melman.”

I wanna know if he’s related to OJ’s Paula Barbieri!!! Remember her?

Brat on September 19, 2007 at 2:28 PM

Had the same thought. Definitely remember her. In fact, I’m not sure I’ve ever heard the name, except for her. Maybe they are related.

So, yeah, it’s just a joke. I have often had a good laugh at his antics.

JunkCoast on September 19, 2007 at 2:31 PM

That really is just awesome. Awesome.

But how does he manage to get in there at these events? He’s not exactly subtle or easy to miss.

Note to Mr. Barbieri/Byrd: don’t try this at a John Kerry event. Bzzzzzzzt.

Professor Blather on September 19, 2007 at 2:34 PM

I love Jake Byrd! He perfectly illustrates the folly of the moronic celebrity worship culture.

edgehead on September 19, 2007 at 3:06 PM

hollywood rageboy

trailortrash on September 19, 2007 at 3:09 PM

Oh man…that was hysterical.

The Ugly American on September 19, 2007 at 3:28 PM

I liked the guy in the chicken suit holding the sign that said, “not this time, OJ”. This is proper behavior for the ass-clowns involved and right in line with the circus atmosphere.

I hope that this stuff follows him and his family around for the rest of his life should he walk away from this one.

Alden Pyle on September 19, 2007 at 4:04 PM

This man should be given a medal for making fools of these media fools. Good job Jake.

RMR on September 19, 2007 at 4:55 PM

That’s funny, I was watching this live on FOX and heard someone say “YES!” and immeadiatly thought of Jake Byrd, defending Micheal Jackson on the Jimmy Kimmel Show. But then turned off the TV. Thanks to HotAir for putting this up.

Tony737 on September 19, 2007 at 4:59 PM

I was going to say I’m sick to death of the celebutard news coverage, but come to think of it, every minute the liberal news outfits waste on this kind of dreck is a minute they aren’t propagandizing for Hillary, apologizing for Islam, or cheerleading for our defeat in Iraq. So maybe it’s for the best.

Blacklake on September 19, 2007 at 5:36 PM

That made me laugh out loud.

Good to see someone taking the OJ Simpson story as serious as it should be taken. Enough already.

simon on September 19, 2007 at 7:00 PM