The DREAM is still alive…and we need to kill it

posted at 9:46 am on September 19, 2007 by Bryan

We thought that we’d killed it last year, but it came back to life a few months ago. So we killed it. Well, that’s what we thought anyway.

Shamnesty must be powered by some wicked voodoo. It has risen from the grave again, like the zombies in Night of the Living Dead. Michelle has all the details.

Yesterday morning, I gave out Senate phone numbers and reiterated my warning from last week about the coming scheme by open-borders politicians in both aisles to slip the DREAM Act into the Department of Defense authorization bill (H.R. 1585)…

Fire up your phone lines. According to Numbers USA, “the senators noted below voted NO on the Comprehensive Amnesty in June, but have not yet pledged to vote NO on the DREAM Act amnesty. Phone them by contacting the Senate switchboard at 202-224-3121.”

She also has lists of which senators (only 18 of them) have committed to vote against the stealth shamnesty and which ones need some persuading. It’s disgusting that the DREAM Act has been tied to a Defense spending bill. But we are talking about Washington here, a town that specializes in disgusting.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Apparently the shamnisty zombies have eaten all the brains on Capitol Hill.

Ordinary1 on September 19, 2007 at 9:49 AM

I’m glad to see my two (Alexander & Corker) have committed to vote against.

Tennessee Dave on September 19, 2007 at 9:53 AM

Like the dripping ooze that flows from its rancid exposed heart, will this abomination never die!
Time to destroy the brain and be done with it!
I wish we had these guys

russ2553 on September 19, 2007 at 9:55 AM

Apparently the shamnisty zombies have eaten all the brains on Capitol Hill.

Ordinary1 on September 19, 2007 at 9:49 AM

There are no REAL zombies in D.C. They’d all starve there…

Darksean on September 19, 2007 at 9:56 AM

The Republicans pushing this clearly haven’t learned anything from the earliet battles. Did they think the base changed its mind?

If they get through the primary, they must learn the lesson by losing the general election.

Bush is selling out on universal health care so there is no difference between the parties IMHO.

And don’t give me the war on terror garbage. It has been so poorly executed, Islamowhackism is coming to our backyards regardless of who is in power. Grow up and buy a weapon.

Valiant on September 19, 2007 at 9:59 AM

Looks like we are going to have to arm up again people. There needs to be a shakeup in Washington to get these people to understand that we don’t want Amnesty for illegal Alien criminals in our country.

Call your Senators today!

Scorched_Earth on September 19, 2007 at 10:00 AM

Lemme get this straight, if you come to Ma, (the hub of the universe for education and sports), from anywhere in the world, you get in-state tuition regardless of the legal status of your citizenship.

However if you are unfortunate enouigh to be a legal US citizen, who works, pays taxes, has had family here for generations contributing to society in a positve way you get penalized.

This isn’t making a level playing field for the criminal aliens, it gives them advantages, and incentives to continue breaking the law. Crime pays.

What’s the benefit of being a US citizen anymore?

Alden Pyle on September 19, 2007 at 10:06 AM

Ok, according to Martinez’s office, he’s voting against it. I don’t think it has to do with the concept, or whether he doesn’t think it belongs in the Defense bill.

Did anyone else living in Florida hear the same thing?

amerpundit on September 19, 2007 at 10:07 AM

This is exactly what John Fund of the Wall Street Journal said would happen back in June, but it doesn’t look like the video is still available. Shamnesty must be powered by some wicked voodoo…. says Bryan. Nope, not voodoo but something that nearly rymes with voodoo.

Maxx on September 19, 2007 at 10:09 AM

Why do I have to get stuck with stupid Texas senators that don’t seem to be able to learn the lesson I thought we taught them during the last Shamnesty. They are there to serve their constituents. How does the dream act help Americans or Texans? I’ll contact them AGAIN, but I’m really getting tired of this and they need to wake up soon. Do they not realize this is why republicans lost in ’06, because people like me felt frustrated and apathetic and ended up staying home.

b4itsover on September 19, 2007 at 10:10 AM

Did anyone else living in Florida hear the same thing?

There are several activists over at alipac.us who’ve reported that Martinez is against it.

fiona on September 19, 2007 at 10:10 AM

DREAM:

Dropping Requirements Enabling Alien Mooching.

BKennedy on September 19, 2007 at 10:10 AM

But on the bright side, I did see on the cover of USA Today last week a photo of workers installing a HUGE section of the wall.

Tony737 on September 19, 2007 at 10:11 AM

fiona on September 19, 2007 at 10:10 AM

Thanks. And I noticed that a commentator at MM had said the same thing. Which is interesting, because he’s one of the biggest proponents of amnesty.

amerpundit on September 19, 2007 at 10:12 AM

Our soldiers and their dependents still have to pay out-of-state tuition. If anyone deserves this break, it is our troops as their deplyments and transfers make it difficult to establish state residence.

Valiant on September 19, 2007 at 10:12 AM

It appears that the GOP longs for a return to the days of permanent minority status. Apparently expressing contempt for the will of your base is a DC insider approved method for gaining more votes overall. Either that, or our self-styled rulers don’t give a fig what any of us think.

Republican, Democrat, it doesn’t seem to matter. The divide isn’t between the parties, it is between the voters across the country and the politicians in Washington. It’s not that they act against our wishes most of the time, it’s more that they don’t even seem to care what those wishes are. I swear that if the political insiders could build a wall around DC to avoid ever having to deal with the citizens again, they would do it.

Physics Geek on September 19, 2007 at 10:12 AM

Thanks for providing the link.

GWB is in full-tilt insanity mode now. Un-effing-believable…

fiona on September 19, 2007 at 10:13 AM

Ok, ok,…..putting on the helmet again and that file with all the e-mails and phone numbers I used last time. We’ve got more work to do ladies and gentlemen……..

Dear Mr/Ms Soon-to-be-retired Member of Congress……

Limerick on September 19, 2007 at 10:15 AM

Washington is determined to do this. They’ll keep reintroducing it until either we don’t notice, or we’re too worn out to fight it.

Farmer_Joe on September 19, 2007 at 10:17 AM

He’s claimed that he’s against it b/c he doesn’t think it should be in a defense bill. But Lott & Kyl also quickly came out against it. Weird.

fiona on September 19, 2007 at 10:18 AM

I wrote my Texas senators and Texas rep. this morning but plan on calling them after getting out of class.

This sickens me that Durbin would sneak such a thing into a defense bill.

Of course, we’ll hear the obligatgory “what about the children” speeches. Well, those same kids did not seem to have a problem walking out of class and marching in protests, so let them feel the gravity of OUR anger.

madmonkphotog on September 19, 2007 at 10:24 AM

But Lott & Kyl also quickly came out against it. Weird.

fiona on September 19, 2007 at 10:18 AM

Shows how badly this bill needs to be stopped.

amerpundit on September 19, 2007 at 10:26 AM

They are not exactly selling-out our country because the country has already been sold. Now they are intent on making delivery.

Maxx on September 19, 2007 at 10:27 AM

Both NumbersUSA.com and GrassFire.org have fax lines and pre-written messages to hound the Senators who voted against amnesty the first time to do so once more. Go there and send!!

JimK on September 19, 2007 at 10:28 AM

Question:

Why is it that universities can ask a person’s legal status when we’re going to give them in-state tuition benefits, but the police can’t ask them their legal status for the purpose of reporting them to INS?

BKennedy on September 19, 2007 at 10:28 AM

I noticed Lindsey Graham in the no column too. Will wonders never cease. I sent him a thank you note.

KelliD on September 19, 2007 at 10:30 AM

My Georgia Senators are voting no.

This from the Washington Times (via MM’s site) is astonishing:

The Bush administration has not taken an official position, but Defense Department officials are quietly urging members to support the bill. Meanwhile, Homeland Security officials, alarmed by the prospect of massive fraud resulting from Mr. Durbin’s proposal, have been opposing it.

Obviously the Defense Department wants its funding to go through and this bill is attached to it, but are they actively promoting instate tuition benefits?

Secretary Gates needs to answer this.

Buy Danish on September 19, 2007 at 10:31 AM

So, allowing anyone to waltz across our borders unhindered is part of a Department of Defense Bill?

That instantly reminded me of Hillary saying the only way to have affordable health care is to make sure everyone is insured.

My dog is tilting his head again.

mojowire on September 19, 2007 at 10:34 AM

Just called Martinez’s Tampa office – they said they didn’t know how he would vote.

Called his Pensacola office and they said he was against it.

stenwin77 on September 19, 2007 at 10:39 AM

Valiant on September 19, 2007 at 9:59 AM

I read the link that you provided and it says right there that the idea that Bush wants UHC is misleading.

There IS a huge difference between the 2 parties. By saying that there isn’t you’re giving wobbly Republicans and Moderates an excuse to vote for Hillary, but you’re doing so by providing false information.

The reality is that we are going to have to come up with an alternative plan to counter HillaryCare – we can’t just sit by and do nothing or we’ll end up with…HillaryCare.

Romney’s ideas are good on this, and I am open to any better suggestions.
Romney’s ideas are good on this issue.

Buy Danish on September 19, 2007 at 10:39 AM

Arrggghhh. I don’t know why this line ended up in my post:

Ignore it, it doesn’t belong there. Sorry!

Buy Danish on September 19, 2007 at 10:41 AM

And sorry for the repeated line. Okay, time for another cup of coffee!

Buy Danish on September 19, 2007 at 10:42 AM

Keep hammering your Senators!

BTW, a cop here in Phoenix got gunned down yesterday by…..
an illegal alien who had been deported before and somehow made his back to the US through that super impressive border wall.

VikingGoneWild on September 19, 2007 at 10:43 AM

At first it was only five (5) committed against this. Now it’s up to 18? Keep calling, they need to understand that WE are not going to quit!!

DfDeportation on September 19, 2007 at 10:44 AM

Shamnesty must be powered by some wicked voodoo.

wish I had some pins….
Makes you wonder what all got thru before we had the internet and blogs…huh.

shooter on September 19, 2007 at 10:53 AM

You are right and it starts with tort reform and market forces at work. The Republicans promised both, but delivered nothing. Sorry for bringing the thread OT.

From the USA Today article”

…Leavitt said, Bush will urge Congress to join him in seeking coverage for all Americans.

“He’d like to see the larger debate begin,” Leavitt said. “The very best opportunity we have may well be in the next 15 months.”

Valiant on September 19, 2007 at 10:56 AM

OK folks It must be time for us to exercise our First amendment right to “petition the government for a redress of grievances” Its time for somebody to write up a grassroots petition granting the citizens the right to recall at any time any senator or congressman who fails to act on behalf of their constitutes.

doriangrey on September 19, 2007 at 11:05 AM

Glad to say that Burr and Dole of NC are against it this time. Dole was solidly in our corner last time, but Burr was one of those jackasses that only changed once we’d put pressure on him. Obviously, he GOT the message last time.

Because of SHAMNESTY, I bailed on the GOP, and am now unaffiliated. And this nonsense just confirms for me that I made the right decision.

Tho..as an Unaff. I can do shenanigans to the Dem primary, if I choose. ;)

tickleddragon on September 19, 2007 at 11:07 AM

Apparently both my senators got the message last time and are confirmed against at from the beginning this time. At least they have proved to be trainable.

Buford on September 19, 2007 at 11:09 AM

stenwin77 on September 19, 2007 at 10:39 AM

I called Martinez’s Tampa office, too. “The Senator is unsure of his vote right now”. Let’s convince him which side he should come down on.

RW Wacko on September 19, 2007 at 11:12 AM

Called Washington for Martinez, they said he “is planning to vote against it”.

RW Wacko on September 19, 2007 at 11:14 AM

Shamnesty must be powered by some wicked voodoo.

Shamnesty is powered by wicked voodoo Senators!

This thing is moving quickly, we need all the help we can get, fast!

Talk show hosts and blogs need to get this out there and everyone needs to get on it with calls, faxes and Emails, big time!

Speakup on September 19, 2007 at 11:18 AM

I hate our DC elite.

Bad Candy on September 19, 2007 at 11:19 AM

Time for a secession movement.

PRCalDude on September 19, 2007 at 11:20 AM

scheme by open-borders politicians in both aisles

This is why I can’t vote the party line. Repubs are just as willing to sell out the country as Dems. I vote conservative vs. liberal. Occasionaly i’m down with the libertarians, but just occasionally.

samuelrylander on September 19, 2007 at 11:22 AM

Did anyone else living in Florida hear the same thing?

amerpundit on September 19, 2007 at 10:07 AM

I’m sure he is voting against adding the amendment to add the DREAM act. When the time comes, he’ll vote for the actual appropriate bill. I’m afraid you just fell for a sleight-of-hand.

PRCalDude on September 19, 2007 at 11:22 AM

Bad Candy on September 19, 2007 at 11:19 AM

How sad that it has actually come to that. But it’s true. It’s as if it’s them vs. us.

They sell out the common man for their own power every time.

samuelrylander on September 19, 2007 at 11:23 AM

They sell out the common man for their own power every time.

samuelrylander on September 19, 2007 at 11:23 AM

We need to stop acting surprised that our government would practice a campaign of ethnic cleansing of Americans whom the Mexicans demographically replacing. It makes perfect sense. Why wouldn’t they want a more servile populous, that is, until that anti-white indigenous wind blows up from the south?

PRCalDude on September 19, 2007 at 11:27 AM

To kill this bill we must vote EVERYONE of the nuts all 536 out of Washington come NOV. It has to be more than DEM vs REP. I do not care if the dog catcher is an incumbant he does not get my vote. These elite snobs must be taught a lesson in humility.

unseen on September 19, 2007 at 11:31 AM

Why wouldn’t they want a more servile populous

Oh, that’s right…I forgot that the whole point of the founders was to create a society just like Europe that they fled. You know, one where the populous was servile to the ruling class. My bad.

Seriously though, that’s exactly the opposite of what our leaders are supposed to be doing.

samuelrylander on September 19, 2007 at 11:34 AM

tickleddragon on September 19, 2007 at 11:07 AM

Burr is a snake who has said he was with us before an amnesty vote only to have his freshman arm twisted on the floor. If the vote is close, don’t count on Burr.

Valiant on September 19, 2007 at 11:39 AM

samuelrylander on September 19, 2007 at 11:34 AM

Doesn’t matter, its the natural inclination of people in power, they seek to acquire more.

Bad Candy on September 19, 2007 at 11:40 AM

We’re a pretty far cry from that, aren’t we?

These elite snobs must be taught a lesson in humility.

unseen on September 19, 2007 at 11:31 AM

How? They have a better chance of dying in office. It’s a positive feedback loop:
1. businesses and lobbyists pay their way into office.
2. they do what the businesses and lobbyists want
3. businesses and lobbyists pay for their re-election, only this time they’re ensconced.

PRCalDude on September 19, 2007 at 11:41 AM

This is part of the defense appropriations bill? So how can a Senator vote against THIS but vote FOR the defense bill. How do they get away with this crap?

stenwin77 on September 19, 2007 at 11:43 AM

PRCalDude on September 19, 2007 at 11:41 AM

You forgot point four,

4. If they do what shady lobbyists and businesses want, even if they lose, they’ve got a cushy job lobbying waiting for them.

Bad Candy on September 19, 2007 at 11:44 AM

TERM LIMITS is the next issue WE THE PEOPLE should take on.

stenwin77 on September 19, 2007 at 11:46 AM

stenwin77 on September 19, 2007 at 11:43 AM

You don’t. This is the same thing that Bill Frist did with the Online Gambling Nanny/Protectionist Ban.

Bad Candy on September 19, 2007 at 11:46 AM

My two senators / elitist rulers of the people’s republic of California are jokes. I can call them till I’m blue in the face and they will still push this BS. I have a dream; let me work off my student loan by helping build the wall.

Mojack420 on September 19, 2007 at 11:47 AM

Bad Candy on September 19, 2007 at 11:40 AM

No argument here. For me, the disillusion ended when in the summer of ’05, I heard Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott, presiding over the most bloated budget in the history of the country, say that they had done the impossible and cut every peice of pork and fat out of the spending bill, and that the conservative dream of limited spending had finally been realized. It felt like a knife in the gut. And it never gets better. Every betrayal is just as bad.

samuelrylander on September 19, 2007 at 11:49 AM

By the way, I know that spending measures start in the House, but they are ratified in the Senate.

samuelrylander on September 19, 2007 at 11:49 AM

Mojack420 on September 19, 2007 at 11:47 AM

and to make it worse, neither one is up for re-election for a long time…Time to amend California’s state constitution and give Boxer and Feinstein the Gray Davis treatment.

doriangrey on September 19, 2007 at 11:53 AM

That was the same budget, by the way, that included funding for the now infamous bridge to nowhere in alaska

samuelrylander on September 19, 2007 at 11:54 AM

samuelrylander on September 19, 2007 at 11:49 AM

It’ll all come to a head in a post-Clauswitzian sense sooner or later. We’re importing all of Mexico’s colombianization right across the border, and they represent a real challenge to the power of the authority of the government. Mexicans have a completely different sense of right and wrong, as our elites will soon find out. Just last night, I watched a Mexican kid toss around his girlfriend only to have his “dad” come out and tell him to knock it off because he could “get into trouble.” Mexicans are essentially Arabs in the way they view many, many things, including women.

PRCalDude on September 19, 2007 at 12:00 PM

PRCalDude on September 19, 2007 at 12:00 PM

I followed your links…That’s an idea I’ve not heard before but it’s interesting. I live in central Texas, and have some pretty close ties to some native mexicans. I know that generally the mexican sense of society is much more left leaning and socialistic, and that there is a large portion of that population that beleives they should retake the Southwestern US as their own by hook or crook. I was surprised to learn how vehemently they (even the rational ones) despise Santa Anna for signing over control of Texas and ending the Texas war for independence. But I’ve also found that they are much like American’s in that you can find American’s who are scumbags and mistreat their women or animals, and you can find Mexican’s who do the same thing. I balk at the idea of characterizing them as a society of animal abusers or wife beaters.

I may be overstating your thesis though…Interesting thoughts.

samuelrylander on September 19, 2007 at 12:12 PM

Oh, and we should watch out for any, I’ll oppose the DREAM amendment, but I’ll pass the defense bill if DREAM passes type shenanigans.

Bad Candy on September 19, 2007 at 12:13 PM

b4itsover on September 19, 2007 at 10:10 AM

No kidding. I get to call and write them yet AGAIN and again and again and again. Absolute morons.

Wish we could tar and feather some of them to make the point stick.

FireFly on September 19, 2007 at 12:14 PM

and by the way, be more specific in what you mean..

You mean he was beating her up?

samuelrylander on September 19, 2007 at 12:15 PM

PRCalDude on September 19, 2007 at 12:00 PM

I pulled the following quote from your website. It’s just amazing the hypocrisy of the leftists. They claim equal rights for all as a talking point, but that can’t possibly be their goal…

It looks like our congresscritters will stop at nothing to get their third – world wage slaves. The amnesty is back, this time in several bills: AgJobs, which will amnesty farm workers, and the DREAM act, which will be attached to the defense appropriations bill and will amnesty children who’ve been brought here at a young age. Some poignant quotes from the LA Times:

“We know that virtually all of the agricultural workforce is undocumented,” Feinstein said. “Today there are shortages. . . . AgJobs is a pilot program that would provide a reliable workforce to plant and harvest crops in this country.” (Yes, because liberals made it impossible for anyone in high school to work without enormous cost to employers – Ed)

samuelrylander on September 19, 2007 at 12:24 PM

The real question is, “Will they just retake the southwest, or the entire country?”

PRCalDude on September 19, 2007 at 12:26 PM

PRCalDude on September 19, 2007 at 12:26 PM

Divide and Conquer strategy works every time.

FireFly on September 19, 2007 at 12:32 PM

PRCalDude on September 19, 2007 at 12:26 PM

yeah…sorry man. Still balking. I think many of these traits are more probably a result of an extremely leftist society and catholicism’s social impact (the idea that it’s ok to sin cause I can just confess it the next day and I’m ok again). Maybe it’s a result of Arab influence. Maybe. I’m open to being convinced. But I’m not any where near believing that yet.

samuelrylander on September 19, 2007 at 12:33 PM

I emailed Senator Allard (R-CO) about the DREAM act.

Anybody have more info on the AgJobs pilot?

craig on September 19, 2007 at 12:35 PM

I doubt catholicism has much influence on their thinking. Sicilians, Spaniards, and Latinos, all of whom are a by-product, directly or indirectly, of Arab influence pretty much behave the same way. There are plenty of German, northern Italian, and French catholics that don’t act that way. Catholicism usually just molds to the cultural norms, if anything.

PRCalDude on September 19, 2007 at 12:37 PM

You mean he was beating her up?

samuelrylander on September 19, 2007 at 12:15 PM

No. She wanted to leave and he kept grabbing her and throwing her around. Pointless to intervene. The same girl was around the guy a week and a half ago just prior to a shooting, which I highly suspect the guy was involved in. She knows full well what an idiot he is. I live in a relatively expensive part of LA, also.

PRCalDude on September 19, 2007 at 12:41 PM

I just called Senator MCcain’s office and he still hasn’t made a decision yet! CMON! Either you are protecting US citizens or you’re not!

Everyone……call your senators. It only takes 5 minutes to call and fax using the NumbersUSA site. Don’t let this slide by because you were “too busy.”

VikingGoneWild on September 19, 2007 at 12:45 PM

Here’s another good article for you, Samuel.

PRCalDude on September 19, 2007 at 12:55 PM

Not only that, we are already giving MExicans who live on the border free education at our Texas schools. Watch this report and just weep…

Taxpayer Money Used to Educate Mexican Nationals
Thursday , September 06, 2007 Posted: 11:01 PM

thewhitneys on September 19, 2007 at 1:24 PM

Farmer_Joe on September 19, 2007 at 10:17 AM

I made that exact point in the post script of my fax to my Senators. I wanted them to know that we are watching and we will not tire. I’m sure they expect us to just tire ourselves out…we always do, don’t we?

stenwin77 on September 19, 2007 at 11:43 AM

Because an amendment to an appropriations (or any) bill can be voted on separately, as it is added after the drafting of the bill. It is technically separate, and therefore can be voted as such.

I emailed Senator Allard (R-CO) about the DREAM act.

Anybody have more info on the AgJobs pilot?

craig on September 19, 2007 at 12:35 PM

I’d visit http://www.numbersusa.org. They fax Congress for you, and send you information based on your political action preferences.

samuelrylander on September 19, 2007 at 12:12 PM

I know you’re balking at alot of this, and that makes sense based on how we were raised. But Mexico & the rest of Latin America has been Socialist for so long that it sometimes is best to (privately) assume one is like their home country until they can seriously prove otherwise. We simply have no choice anymore. I’m from Texas, so I know all about this problem…there is a serious hatred of Spain controlling them, but they had no problem controlling Texas. Hypocrisy is hypocrisy.

They just want this land back, and they can’t have it. They lost it…and when you add the rest of the Southwest, they lost that & we still paid them anyway! I say :P.

Miss_Anthrope on September 19, 2007 at 1:27 PM

If this bill passes, I wonder if there would be any way to sue the government or the schools for discrimination against citizens. How is it fair in anyones mind for an illegal alien to only have to pay in-state rates when he doesn’t even belong in the country, while citizens of other states have to pay out-of-state rates?

bspoogeferd on September 19, 2007 at 1:42 PM

Texas Update:

Kay Bailey Hutchison’s position (per Austin Office Staff) is:

“She believes the Defense Bill should be pushed through and not held up by discussion of this matter!” (.

Graackk!!

That number to call is 512-916-5834

USCitizen on September 19, 2007 at 2:03 PM

PRCalDude on September 19, 2007 at 12:55 PM

Corruption is rampant. There is no question. It is also pervasive. While in San Luis Potosi, I was visiting with an in-law who was telling me how great it was that if you got pulled over for anything, even if you were really breaking the law, for 50 pesos (roughly $5) the officer would just walk away.

Many of the people aren’t bothered by the corruption, it’s just the way it is there.

Now that is an unsustainable system. I wouldn’t argue against that. If people want to see what liberalism/socialism will do to the US, look at mexico.

You might be right about the Arab influence on Latin America. I know nothing of it. Still, to my knowledge none of the mexicans I know are animal abusers.

You are right in identifying catholicisms tendency to come alongside whatever the cultural norm is already. What I’m saying is that the Mexican heritage was brutal enough before the advent of catholicism in Mexico that I’m not sure it needed the influence of the Arabs to make it worse.

samuelrylander on September 19, 2007 at 2:09 PM

samuelrylander on September 19, 2007 at 2:09 PM

True.

PRCalDude on September 19, 2007 at 2:13 PM

Miss_Anthrope on September 19, 2007 at 1:27 PM

I’m not justifying the Aztlan movement, or saying that their argument has any validity.

Occasionally one hears reference to a silent majority here in America, of largely conservative people who just want to live their lives in peace and not mess with other people or politics. Until things get really bad and they get off their tookus and do something. Even though I disagree with that approach, I do believe that it exists. I think the same thing is true to some degree in Mexico, if to a smaller extent. There is a majority of mexicans who are not wife and animal abusers, but unfortunately they don’t make the headlines and therefore, our perception is that there are very few.

samuelrylander on September 19, 2007 at 2:16 PM

I just got done calling my 2 senators; Norm Coleman and Amy Klobucher of MN. Norm is getting many calls to vote no and is getting the message. I talked to Amy’s staff and she is getting calls to vote no and yes. I asked about the ‘yes’ votes and was told those callers are concerned about the children not getting educated and need health care. I just about erupted on the poor staffer but realized she is only a staff person helping out; not the cause of the problem.

But, can you believe that? We have some really deranged non-thinkers in this state and country.

cjs1943 on September 19, 2007 at 2:17 PM

samuelrylander on September 19, 2007 at 2:16 PM

The true number is unknown. That’s the best we can say right now. Gang culture amplifies the misogyny inherent in Mexican culture (which was also present in Aztec culture).

Mexico is a bimodal society. There are stable families that produce normal people that function and then there are the 60% that have the illegitimate births that produce the criminals.

PRCalDude on September 19, 2007 at 2:35 PM

What about our children getting educated and getting health-care?

PRCalDude on September 19, 2007 at 2:36 PM

PRCalDude on September 19, 2007 at 2:35 PM

That’s true here too. Only our poor/illegitimate don’t number 60% of the population. But illegitemacy leads to more illegitimacy, and liberalism/socialism leads to larger portions of the society being dependant and poor. The gang culture is largely a product of poverty and corruption, which is largely a result of social “welfare” programs (actually designed to maintain a slave class). But like I said before, if you want to see what liberalism will do to America, look at Mexico.

samuelrylander on September 19, 2007 at 2:42 PM

children not getting educated and need health care.

That’s absolutely true. It would not surprise me if 50% of the elementary through high school students in the Rio Grande Valley were illegal aliens. I know that a large portion of the student body at UT Pan Am has to wait in traffic on the bridge over the Rio Grande every day, but are granted in state tuition rates because they claim a relative’s address in the US as their own.

That’s infuriating

samuelrylander on September 19, 2007 at 2:50 PM

samuelrylander on September 19, 2007 at 2:16 PM

No prob…I never disagreed with you on any point. I just was saying I understood getting over balking at a point that has been lambasted by the Left as ‘racist.’ Getting over that just takes time. And lots of alternate information. And lots of anger & frustration.

Miss_Anthrope on September 19, 2007 at 2:50 PM

PRCalDude on September 19, 2007 at 12:55 PM

I totally agree with you about the corrupt culture of Mexico and the racist nature of that country.

I used to travel to Mexico in the early 1970′s and could not believe how corrupt and racist the average Mexican citizen is compared to our culture. It has become so dangerous in Mexico for a white Americans that I will not go there anymore for fear of being kidnapped and held for ransom.

I used to fly to Baja California in a private plane until I landed on one of my visits in 1979 at Punta Pescadero and the 50 armed Federales attempted to steal my airplane. Luckily, I was able to talk them out of taking the plane by telling them I had Political Connections and name dropping a Baja Generale.

Brenda Walker’s article is right on the money and Alan Wall who lives in Mexico agrees with her on the corruption of that country despite their difference on Mexican Politics.

Anyone that doubts how corrupt Mexico has become needs to view this YouTube Video. (One has to wonder whether the Hacienda belonged to Vincente Fox with 205 million dollars in cash in the dining room alone and what will happen to all that cash with their corrupt Federales.)

I have observed the invasion first hand living in So Cal and cannot believe that most people do not see what is happening to America with the importation of their culture.The result is politicians like Antonio Villaraigosa.

Like 7 and 8 year little girls being raped becoming all too common here in Los Angeles by Illegals.

Anyways, I urge all you to call or Fax your elected Representatives before they sneak another Amnesty in under the table.

ScottyDog on September 19, 2007 at 2:52 PM

Gotcha. I’m not sure that I balk at that point because of the left, though. I balk because I’m not sure that it’s true. More info is always good, and never a threat. There’s already lots of anger and frustration. The left’s accusations of racism are always shallow and hold no water

samuelrylander on September 19, 2007 at 2:54 PM

Miss_Anthrope on September 19, 2007 at 2:50 PM

They see everything in terms of race.

PRCalDude on September 19, 2007 at 2:55 PM

I called McCain’s office again & still no decision. Seriously, what is wrong in the “leadership” in the US? He’s undecided?!? I told the staffer the mark of a great leader is someone who can make a decisive decision on something so clear cut.

I commit tax fraud….I share a cell with Bubba and Tiny.
I want to attend an out state school I have to pay full price.

Don’t we have our own enough funding problems for US CITIZENS!?!?! How about fixing social security for US CITIZENS first!

Keep calling! No excuses!!!

I guess until a grassroot type who the general population will support we are in for more of the SOS.

VikingGoneWild on September 19, 2007 at 3:03 PM

I just called my two “undecided” TX senate critters to give them my 2 cents. The poor guy on the phone at Cornyn’s office sounded pretty frazzled. The vast majority of the calls they are getting are very much against this “non-germain” amendment.

BTW – anyone who cares about this issue and has not seen this news report really MUST review this link.

Taxpayer Money Used to Educate Mexican Nationals
Thursday , September 06, 2007 Posted: 11:01 PM

thewhitneys on September 19, 2007 at 4:52 PM

Finally! I was wondering when you were gonna pay attention to the revived DREAM Act, AP.

Fire up those phone lines, people!!

Harpazo on September 19, 2007 at 6:08 PM

Harpazo, it’s Bryan authoring this thread.

Entelechy on September 19, 2007 at 6:58 PM

Remember, remember, come election in November,
the shamnesty debacle and plot.
I have not a muse why the shamnesty ruse
should ever be forgot.

Woody

woodcdi on September 19, 2007 at 8:59 PM

——————-

Sickening… Disgusting…. What has happened to our beautiful blessed nation?

I love the two citizens (?) they interviewed at the end. I doubt they’re paying many taxes.

Is there any hope left?