Audio: El Rushbo broadcasts the Murtha ambush

posted at 5:40 pm on September 19, 2007 by Bryan

It was about mid way through the third hour today when the Maha Rushie said “Folks, you gotta hear this.” And then, his 20 million listeners did hear this clip of of our friend Jason Mattera asking the questions that the drive-by media won’t ask.

jason-mattera.jpg

Update: I just checked in the Rush 24/7 member section. The front page looks like this:

rush002.png

And clicking on the headline in the lower left takes you to a transcript of the entire video:

rush003.png

Niiice!

Comments

Heard it today, and he mentioned a certain blog that rhymes with “Ott Err ott Ahm” when introducing the clip.

thirteen28 on September 19, 2007 at 5:42 PM

I heard this live. He made the point crystal clear.

Egfrow on September 19, 2007 at 5:43 PM

Great job, Rush!

amerpundit on September 19, 2007 at 5:45 PM

I was surprised when I heard him mention the site. The audio was terrible on the radio though.

mcptek on September 19, 2007 at 5:47 PM

Best endorsement you folks could get!

MadisonConservative on September 19, 2007 at 5:49 PM

Hannity had it on his show today as well.

infidel4life on September 19, 2007 at 5:50 PM

Nice!

Zetterson on September 19, 2007 at 5:52 PM

That smirk is the smirk of a thousand words. hahaha

csdeven on September 19, 2007 at 5:53 PM

Murtha an al jaz stooge. WOOHOO!

Big brass ones, Jason Mattera!!

I can’t stand Rush and his perennial cheer leading for GW, but he did good airing that clip. Mega thingsmajigs, Rush.

locomotivebreath1901 on September 19, 2007 at 5:57 PM

It’s CHRISTMAS in September…..WOW, that was GRRRRREAT!
How’s that iphone lookin NOW, AP?

shooter on September 19, 2007 at 5:57 PM

…to be sure I’m clear here. While these are BRYAN’S posts and credit does go to Bryan and Jason here….the extra dough from traffic just might land AP that techno-marvel he so wants.(altho he probably already has it).
But THANKS B, great stuff..
Next on the Malkin ladder to success… Jason Mattera.
whats that count, 8 or 9 now?

shooter on September 19, 2007 at 6:03 PM

Jason is definitely going places! Thanks to Rush for picking up on it.

Connie on September 19, 2007 at 6:06 PM

I can’t stand Rush and his perennial cheer leading for GW…

Um, when was the last time you actually listened to Rush? He’s slammed Bush more times than I can remember, on a variety of issues. Or by “perennial cheer leading” do you actually mean “frequent compliments”?

Splashman on September 19, 2007 at 6:07 PM

More media sites should be citing HotAir…If I could get my left-winger bil to read, learn from and enjoy HA, you know the site is good…

Pam on September 19, 2007 at 6:10 PM

It was good of Rush to hat tip Hot Air. This site produces a great product and it won’t be too long before there are a million visits a day.

Zorro on September 19, 2007 at 6:18 PM

God bless Rush Limbaugh.

Kensington on September 19, 2007 at 6:19 PM

Goooooood Job !

abinitioadinfinitum on September 19, 2007 at 6:27 PM

NICE, I’m listening to Rush now! Keep Hammering Murtha

Kini on September 19, 2007 at 6:36 PM

Great recognition from Rush. The exposure can’t hurt. We know twenty million people listen to him on the radio. Lets see how many have an internet connection.

scooter on September 19, 2007 at 6:41 PM

Everybody got a clue-bat? Then let’s open registration for a day or two!!

RushBaby on September 19, 2007 at 6:48 PM

Bryan,

Will you share the pre and post site-meter data with us? It would be interesting to know what the “Rush Effect” is.

Thanks,
FatOldGuy

Fogpig on September 19, 2007 at 6:52 PM

Fogpig on September 19, 2007 at 6:52 PM

You can check it yourself, scroll to the very bottom of the page and click on the teeny green and white sitemeter button.

RushBaby on September 19, 2007 at 6:55 PM

God bless Rush, he’s a trip. (It’s about time he mentioned Hot Air on his show.)

Coronagold on September 19, 2007 at 6:58 PM

Yep,,, it is really going to be up to the people to get the job done! It’s a great clip and Jason did a great job! If only,, if only, can you imagine how these Dem cowards would melt if suddenly they were held accountable for everything they said and did?? Look at how this scumbag became angry and confused when confronted by a blogger and a question! He had to run! What if he were confronted everywhere he went?? They are not used to it!

JellyToast on September 19, 2007 at 7:03 PM

Any effect on site traffic?

JayHaw Phrenzie on September 19, 2007 at 7:04 PM

Thank you, Rushbaby.

-FatOldGuy

Fogpig on September 19, 2007 at 7:05 PM

Just following Kos’ advice to have a camera with you at all times.

PRCalDude on September 19, 2007 at 7:26 PM

Jason, YOU ARE MY HERO!! If only our elected officials had half the balls as Jason we would be unbeatable!!

build the wall on September 19, 2007 at 7:55 PM

“Woo! That was Jason Mattera. He is from The Young America’s Foundation. And that was from the HotAir dot com blog… Which is Michelle Malkin’s…” -Rush

Rush may not be a reader, but he sure knew ABOUT HotAir, to whom HotAir belongs and, obviously, is familiar with and proud of HER. It did my heart GOOD to hear that. Our girl has the PERFECT balance of brains, brawn, beauty and battle scars… She’s already a legend in her own time. Looks like Jason is on his way to making a name for himself as well.

Rush, due to his polarizing reputation, tries to avoid bringing enemy fire down on some. Just enough praise and recognition to get his listeners to check it out. I’m bursting with admiration and pride regarding the courage, courtesy and conservativeness of all three of these American heroes. Go Team…!

I agree that it would be a good thing to open registration in the near future, but after the Moonbats have had a chance to pass through and foam at the mouth without being able to sign up or comment. Anyone who wants to read their vicious, venomous, vitriolic views can visit a vast variety of vain and violent venues where visions of victory have vanished and volumes of the vile, vacuous verbosity of vagabonds can be viewed, as it’s spewed.

Rugged Individual on September 19, 2007 at 7:55 PM

Your vocabulary is voluminous, but vie for variety.

:-)

INC on September 19, 2007 at 7:58 PM

You know, Murtha’s an old man, and I don’t like to see old people picked on, but he must be held accountable for his behavior. It’s not right that he should get to slander the Marines.

God, this is all so ugly, and, to paraphrase Ann Coulter, it’s all the liberals’s fault.

Kensington on September 19, 2007 at 8:00 PM

Heard it. Loved it. Cant’t deny it. El Rushbo is the man!!!

RMR on September 19, 2007 at 8:34 PM

Well, this is even better than some unknown blog getting an Instalanche, eh?

Bob's Kid on September 19, 2007 at 8:37 PM

leave it to bryan to call rush america’s anchorman

ernesto on September 19, 2007 at 8:44 PM

Savage also played the clip today; (I heard it on my drive home).

No H/T to HA (Instead it went to youtube).

F15Mech on September 19, 2007 at 9:58 PM

I like Rush. He passed the amnesty test by holding the firm and public position that the conservative base does not like amnesty or open borders.

He frequently warns the GOP big-heads that this is the issue that can win or lose the base. He is very discrete on the subject. He absolutely will not defend the importation of 30 million illegal Mexican scabs despite the slobbering love the GOP fat cats have for their perfect plantation workers. On the other hand he tip toes around the Minutement, yet never insults them either.

In other words, he is not the brave MM, yet he will not bow down to the GOP big shots and say the one thing that could make him their sweetheart: I love illegals and they are good for America, in fact they are better than Americans because they are hard working and willing to wait in ER for their free penicillin shots instead of hogging up waiting rooms to mooch off of Blue Cross.

He reserves praise for Bush standing firm on Iraq, and the War on Terror and he can dissect the Left with his hands tied behind his back.

The guy is darn funny. He has never come across as a hypocrite or a sellout and unlike the White House crowd, Rush does not despise the base.

I first heard of the American Thinker on Rush, and Rush quotes them often. He doesn’t quote many blogs so HotAir made a direct hit.

entagor on September 19, 2007 at 10:01 PM

If you follow Rush, you know he reads the blogs a lot. Dollar to a donut says Hot Air and Michelle’s blog is on his ‘A’ list.

Rush advances the conservatism of Ronaldus Maximus. He is our national treasure. Long live Rush.

petefrt on September 19, 2007 at 10:52 PM

You should’ve heard the second caller on Rush’s show today – a black man ranting!
I mean this was one of the best “ranting callers” on Rush, evah!
“Jesse Jackson does not speak for me!”
He went on and on….. It was great!

This caller also said that Rush, Hannity, and Savage should get together and take over the media already!

Ahhhh…. I love those caller rants!

The only time I really got mad at Rush was in the ’06 elections.
Dam! I was mad at him for “carry the” Bush administration “water”, for which he so dutifully recanted from.
He promised never to do it again.

Mcguyver on September 19, 2007 at 11:22 PM

I commented on another thread about this and didn’t get the story right. I happened to be listening at the time and HotAir got a solid plug from the great man.

Sweet.

Jaibones on September 19, 2007 at 11:42 PM

I heard this today as well. Rush mentions HotAir every now and then so this isn’t something new.

Mojave Mark on September 20, 2007 at 12:17 AM

But seriously Rush, I purthonally believe that the reathon the US Americans Democrats have not been shamed into oblivion is because you, Rush Limbaugh, have been holding back from us your better talent, and I believe that our education like such as in Africa, Nevada and the Iraq, New York everywhere like such as, the Asian counties of the US should help you untie the other half of your brain!

I mean why are you holding back?!!

Are you afraid of your shadow or something?

Do yourself, and us, a favor, and have a brain untying session, everyday, at the beginning of the show!

I mean the whole reason why, you don’t get paid minimum wage… is to NOT MAKE IT FAIR!

But then again, who the hell am I, to tell Mah’hah Rushie what to do!

Thanks for all that you do.

You are the one to blame, for modeling to me, how to mix humor with getting a message across.

I’ve listened to you since 1992 when a friend mentioned your radio show.

I’ve loved your humor throughout… but it was not until this June, during the amnesty debacle, when Tony Snow was shilling for the Bush/Kennedy immigration train wreck, – that I fully understood the value, of your specific mix of humor, along with communicating a message.

It was then, that I thought surely, I’m going to blow a fuse!
That is when my humor epiphany occurred, courtesy of your show.

All I can say is: “Thank you.”

Mcguyver on September 20, 2007 at 12:30 AM

Hey, I just looked up “ass” in my dictionary and I found a picture of Murtha. Weird, huh?

JinxMcHue on September 20, 2007 at 12:35 AM

JinxMcHue on September 20, 2007 at 12:35 AM

Wrong blog?

Mcguyver on September 20, 2007 at 1:02 AM

Good on Rush to bring this topic back into the consciousness of the masses. Now is it just me, or does El Rushbo sound a whole lot alike The Champ? I wonder if Rush has been doing some moonlighting a while back.

notta_dhimmi on September 20, 2007 at 1:51 AM

I bet Jason Mattera received “A”s in his journalistic classes. Clearly, shows the future is in great hands, despite the media slant.

MSGTAS on September 20, 2007 at 10:05 AM