Video: The Grand Mufti, the Nazis and modern Islamism

posted at 12:09 pm on September 18, 2007 by Bryan

It all sounds like a grand conspiracy theory, but it’s not: The Grand Mufti of Jerusalem before and during the WWII years, Haj Amin El Husseini, a member of the Muslim Brotherhood (founded 1928) aligned with the German Nazis in 1937 and recruited Muslim SS units in Bosnia during the war.

This is the most detailed TV report I’ve seen on the subject of Islamist-Nazi connections. It’s in German, but subtitled in English.

The mufti’s relative, Yasser Arafat, would go on to found the Palestinian Liberation Organization and Fatah, which is the “moderate” faction in the Palestinian territories today.

There are a few takeaway points from all this. First, the jihad didn’t start in 2001 or 1993 or 1983 or even 1979. It goes back quite a bit farther, and isn’t a response to US policies. Second, the jihadis work with secular allies when it suits them. The grand mufti worked hand in glove with Hitler; they would work with anyone else who could provide whatever they believe they need to achieve their goals. Third, the Muslim Brotherhood isn’t dormant or dead — it boast about 20% of Egypt’s parliament, for one thing — and it and its various offshoots are still working toward the goal of global Muslim domination.

Comments

Second, the jihadis work with secular allies when it suits them.

Like Condoleeza Rice?

PRCalDude on September 18, 2007 at 12:14 PM

PRCalDude on September 18, 2007 at 12:14 PM

I wish I had a snappy comeback to that. I don’t think that she’s their actual ally, and that’s about as good as I can say at this point.

Bryan on September 18, 2007 at 12:15 PM

I’ve seen this before- LGF, I think. Hitler knew a sympathetic fellow believer when he saw one. Remember that Hitler was also attempting to turn Mexico against us in WWII to give us a local front, keep us busy. He would use anyone to achieve his goal.
The Grand Mufti and his minions were not very powerful, but they did have their hearts in the wrong place.

Doug on September 18, 2007 at 12:23 PM

The Mufti was instrumental in getting Hitler to fire the ovens. From what I read, Hitler was content with expelling Jews from lands under NAZI control until the Mufti got his ear. To what extent or degree this is true I’m not sure but I’m sure the Mufti was a critical element in starting the Holocaust.

Also, the Mufti had come to an understanding with Hitler that if Hitler won Europe, Germany would kick the British out of Israel and then permit the Arabs to do a similiar Holocaust in the Mandate.

The country of Persia was trying to gain favor with Germany too so it changed its name to Iran which means Aryan.

VinceP1974 on September 18, 2007 at 12:23 PM

There is a better version in English that I JUST saw on the History Channel (I believe) the other day.

It was nearly a 2 hour production and I “was” expecting to see one of these Halliburton/Cheney/Iraq connections.

HOWEVER…I was suprised at the details of the show and it really goes to show the relations and how things are passed down from generation to generation.

If I can find out the name of it, it was really well done.

HarryStar on September 18, 2007 at 12:25 PM

I think secular allies means American liberals.

bloggless on September 18, 2007 at 12:32 PM

PRCalDude on September 18, 2007 at 12:14 PM

Bryan on September 18, 2007 at 12:15 PM

The phrase “useful tool” does, however, come to mind (I won’t stoop down to the “i” word, at least not yet).

steveegg on September 18, 2007 at 12:33 PM

Secular Allies probably incorporates the US State Department too.

VinceP1974 on September 18, 2007 at 12:34 PM

I was actually thinking of Saddam and his ilk…

Bryan on September 18, 2007 at 12:34 PM

“Progressives” and Nazis, sittin’ in a tree…

Halley on September 18, 2007 at 12:36 PM

at 12:14 PM

at 12:15 PM

Like Dennis Kucinich? And Pelosi?

the jihadis work with secular allies when it suits them.

OBL chastising the Democrats?

Mcguyver on September 18, 2007 at 12:37 PM

Keep up the heat on the MSM, Bryan, crank it up, up, up.

Mcguyver on September 18, 2007 at 12:39 PM

Send this to Ron Paul please.

Zach on September 18, 2007 at 12:43 PM

Slightly OT:

Rice isn’t the problem, same as Powell wasn’t the problem (but he’s looking more loopy as time goes by, sadly). The culture of the State Department is toxic, and it has been for quite some time.

One individual can’t change that, no matter who they are. You’re talking about rooting out bureaucrats who have outlasted numerous presidents and have every intent of continuing to do so. That’s where we get the “there are no enemies, just friends you haven’t apologized to yet” mindset from.

RyanOH on September 18, 2007 at 12:45 PM

Previous post should have included a link to Joel Mowbray’s book, but I screwed it up:

RyanOH on September 18, 2007 at 12:46 PM

hopefully Condi knows whats she’s doing and playing our enemies off each other. I don’t see many conservatives outraged Ronald Reagan worked with the Afghan’s, Saddam, etc.

jp on September 18, 2007 at 12:49 PM

Here is the doctrinal study of Islam and the history of supporting the mass murder of infidels:
Prophet of Doom
And here is the history of that mass murder and slaughter in the name of the Prophet (may he boil in pig fat in the hottest parts of hell):
History of Jihad

Tim Burton on September 18, 2007 at 12:51 PM

I saw this a few years ago and no one I ever spoke to about it knew or believed me. Now it is beginning to make an awareness among the folk. The newest “push” by the Muslim Brotherhood began in the fifties with Sayyid Qutb. Qutb spent two (2) years in America, Colorado actually, and returned to Egypt convinced we and the West were corrupted so badly that we need to be exterminated. That was the goal of his life thereafter. He wrote “In The Shade of the Qur’an” and extensively edited it while he spent 10 years in prison. It is the most widely read commentary about the Qur’an. The funny part of this entire thing is that Qutb was a virgin so I think he had a very serious mental problem with sex at its core. In fact, the entire concept of the 72 virgins make me want to say hmmmmmmmm!!!

sharinlite on September 18, 2007 at 12:54 PM

I’ve seen more extensive footage of the military help Hitler gave the Mufti, but it didn”t look like the effort was too big of stretch to get the Mufti to hate Jews.

saiga on September 18, 2007 at 12:57 PM

jp on September 18, 2007 at 12:49 PM

She doesn’t.

PRCalDude on September 18, 2007 at 1:11 PM

Hooray for the Not-Non-Aryans. That’s probably my favorite part of this insane alliance. When you are talking about an ideology based around racial purity, where everyone is divided into Aryan and “other”, there could be a problem. Not for the Nazis. Sure, you aren’t ARYANS, but you are not scheduled for extermination just yet.

Had the Nazis actually won, the second large group sent to the chambers would have been the Arab Muslims.

Krydor on September 18, 2007 at 1:13 PM

Bryan on September 18, 2007 at 12:15 PM

A good percentage of the right-wing blogosphere thinks she needs to resign in shame.

PRCalDude on September 18, 2007 at 1:14 PM

I saw (most of – my wife couldn’t a handle it & made me change the channel) a recent documentary on Islam on 9/11/07. Now I can’t find any listing of it anywhere. I believe it was on a major network, or perhaps major cable channel. It was surprisingly balanced, and gave in depth historical background as referenced here, and made the same point about Nazi collaboration.

peski on September 18, 2007 at 1:14 PM

HarryStar on September 18, 2007

I think that’s what I saw too, but can’t find it on the history channel website.

peski on September 18, 2007 at 1:15 PM

HarryStar on September 18, 2007 at 12:25 PM

I’ve seen that as well, a very well done exposé.

People who think the Holocaust died with Hitler are sadly mistaken. The anti-semitism of the muslim world dwarfs Nazi Germany.

infidel4life on September 18, 2007 at 1:21 PM

I’m having buffering problems, so I couldn’t watch the vid, but a very good deliniation of the Mufti-Nazi-Islamist connection was set forth in, I believe, Obsession: The Movie.

eeyore on September 18, 2007 at 1:25 PM

The one thing I didn’t like about the clip is that the one guy repeatedly says thea the Mufti learned anti-Semitism from the Nazis. Is there any proof of that? I suspect the Mufti hated Jews before he ever met a Nazi, and they hit it off because they had something in common.

forest on September 18, 2007 at 1:27 PM

forest on September 18, 2007 at 1:27 PM

I didn’t think he was saying the Mufit learned to hate the jews, but rather buying into and spreading ‘The Global Jewish Conspiracy’ which BTW, is what Truthers believe. (more dots)

– The Cat

MirCat on September 18, 2007 at 1:31 PM

The show I saw was definitely “The Road to 9/11” on PBS -KOCE in SoCal 9pm 9/11/07. It’s worth a viewing, available on video.

peski on September 18, 2007 at 1:32 PM

Thank you Bryan. This is a heartfelt handshake. The history of the Mufti and his connection to ‘Palestine’ is the #1 lost world to academia.

Beer, BBQ, anything a’tall.

Shalom!
Texas Redneck………..

Limerick on September 18, 2007 at 2:13 PM

I have also seen the 2 hour documentary on the History Channel. Both the PLO and the Bathe Party have deep roots in Nazism. Yet it is the hippie Moonbats who call everyone facists as the hold PLO flags.

GREENTURTLE on September 18, 2007 at 2:23 PM

What is deceptive in this video, is that it blames the anti-semitism of the arabs on the nazis, just as if the arabs had no problem with Jews until 1933 until the nazis put funny ideas into their heads. So really, it is another PC hit piece which blames the west for the problems in the middle east.

But no surprise there. The Germans of today have such collective guilt, they even blame the islamic terrorism of today on their own Germans.

jihadwatcher on September 18, 2007 at 2:24 PM

It is all a big, big lie

Ropera on September 18, 2007 at 2:25 PM

Saddam’s Bath Party had its roots from the Islamic SS, and the guy had Stalin as his idol. One man with Hitler and Stalin as his political parents in charge of a country. Something had to give.

The Mufti sought out the Nazi leadership and was declared “Aryan” by Nazi doctors. He made it clear that he hated the Jews more than they did and could be helpful disposing of them. Arabs are Semites, but who’s basing hatred on facts? The Arabs disliked the British and welcomed the Third Reich.

Really bizarre bed fellows, Islam and Nazis’.

Hening on September 18, 2007 at 2:31 PM

Some people scoff when you say that the Left wants to destroy America. But, they do. They hate not just what America stands for, but any western nation. Inside groups like code pink you have either anarchists, or marxists, and neither one cares for the principles of the enlightenment, western culture, capitalism, or anything that has made us what we are.

Evan Sayet

jihadwatcher on September 18, 2007 at 2:36 PM

Sorry, wrong thread.

jihadwatcher on September 18, 2007 at 2:37 PM

The Grand Mufti was learning anti-semitism from the Nazis?

Heh, the guys was organizing pogroms against the Jews in the early 1920’s. It would be more accurate to say that the Nazis learned anti-semitism from him.

Ken McCracken on September 18, 2007 at 3:22 PM

“In heaven Allah is your master, here on earth it is Adolf Hitler!”

There is a much better program that showed on the History Channel last weekend – Saddam and The Third Reich.

It went extensively into the link between the Mufti and Hitler. Strange that the Arab leader was certified by his Doctor as Caucasian, nearly arian so that he could be appointed a general in the SS – a whites only club.

It was a very good, in-depth program.

A side note, it is very telling that Saddam used a defeated coup by a group including his uncle (Author – Three Whom God Should Not Have Created: Persians, Jews, and Flies.- 1940) against the Brits as a rallying call. The number of humiliating defeats the Arabs have suffered, and rallied around, make the French look downright manly! Yet they continue, repeatedly, to wallow in that muck – preferring to blame others, rather then address the issues that have kept them in the 15th century.
DKK

LifeTrek on September 18, 2007 at 3:49 PM

The Mufti and Hitler alike were more than willing to exploit any willing assets just as Jihadis today are glad to do.
Unfortunately the willing assets in this country present a target rich environment.

Condi Rice is one very smart lady and shouldn’t be underestimated.
She may trade favor for favor but it’s very unlikely she’s being played.

All those here who intend harm to my nation can get the hell out.

Speakup on September 18, 2007 at 4:07 PM

Yep, Google taught me a few years back about Arafat’s goose stepping Uncle (uncle is like father in Arafat’s culture). this is what just slays me. The west has defeated totalitarianism or slavery or nazism or whatnot (and it generally emanated from the ME) and still these people come back another generation, ready to throw down again.

pc on September 18, 2007 at 4:28 PM

Condi is definately out of her league in State. Her rushing to suck at FATAH’s teat, her support of a Palestinian State, her opposition to military action against Iran, all show her to exhibit thinking that is out of step with the current reality.

VinceP1974 on September 18, 2007 at 4:30 PM

So… does this mean it is PC to hate the “Radical” Islamist, becuase after all, they are Nazis.

m1a1usmc on September 18, 2007 at 5:47 PM

Thanks for this story Bryan, this is a story that needs to be told over and over.

Maxx on September 18, 2007 at 6:04 PM

That’s not true but it approaches the truth. The Nazis created the final solution of their own accord, the Mufti constantly encouraged Himmler at all times that the Nazis were on the right track and must continue.

aengus on September 18, 2007 at 8:26 PM

Reagan didn’t work with Saddam. His policy on the Iran-Iraq war was basically this:

1) Iraq is winning, send Iran arms.

2) Iran is winning, send Iraq arms.

3) Iraq is winning, send Iran arms.

4) Repeat until 1988.

A sensible policy I think.

As for the Carter-Brzezinski policy of outsourcing the Afghan war to Saudi and Pakistani mujahdeen, Reagan continued it with nary a thought of what would happen after the Soviet Union lost the Cold War. A pity.

aengus on September 18, 2007 at 8:33 PM

1) Iraq is winning, send Iran arms.

2) Iran is winning, send Iraq arms.

3) Iraq is winning, send Iran arms.

4) Repeat until 1988.

A sensible policy I think.

Heh. Yep. As for your latter point, Reagan had to hope some sensible people would follow him in office. Unfortunately, that didn’t happen. We could try it in Iraq, though:
a) the Shia are winning, help the Sunnis
b) the Sunnis are winning, help the Shia
c) repeat until there are no more mujahideen left.

PRCalDude on September 18, 2007 at 10:30 PM

a) the Shia are winning, help the Sunnis
b) the Sunnis are winning, help the Shia
c) repeat until there are no more mujahideen left.

repeat until the 2nd coming of Christ