Video: Sally silenced at the Emmys; Update: Sally backstage audio added!

posted at 12:23 am on September 17, 2007 by Allahpundit

Dissent ain’t what it used to be, my friends. But then, you knew that already.

Update: See Meryl Yourish’s comment below.

Update: A tipster sends this snippet of Field backstage after the show. Lambs to the slaughter!

Comments

William2006 on September 17, 2007 at 2:29 PM

Hey, give her credit… that was just the first “take.” With a couple of dozen more tries, she could get five or six words to come out right. We’ll be seeing this one on the next “Bloopers and Practical Jokes” show.

Texas Nick 77 on September 18, 2007 at 6:39 AM

During my 35 years as a soldier my mother gave be unswerving support; honored our country; and, would have slapped the snot out of anybody that discredited me, the uniform I wore, or the nation. Go soak your head Sally you haven’t a clue.

rplat on September 18, 2007 at 9:08 AM

This only goes to prove one thing… No, it’s not that Sally is a lib. We knew that.

The one thing: Sally has NEVER worked in an office with more than 1 other woman.

And yes, I AM a woman.

If women ruled the world, we’d be in a world war four days each month.

Texas Nick 77 on September 17, 2007 at 7:15 AM

Nick, you’re forgetting women are not ALL on the same cycle, so your assertion is wrong. It would be ALL month long. :)

tickleddragon on September 18, 2007 at 12:03 PM

Wasn’t this an episode on Star Trek or something? Didn’t the mothers of one tribe just decide to dam up everyone’s water? The others were like, oh well. It was pretty hilarious. They started out as a collective of Sally Fields and ended up, well actually they would have dehydrated, starved and died but I think Kirk and the others decided to open a can of whoop ass. He got to wrestle the other female leader so it was all good.

pc on September 18, 2007 at 4:23 PM

Simplethink.

petefrt on September 18, 2007 at 7:41 PM

I’ll tell you this, my wife is an anti-sally mom too.

In the 5th grade, my youngest had had enough of a bully who was twice his size. The bully pushed him to the ground and Alex came up and slugged him right in the nose. The bully went down like a sack of potatoes. The policy in most schools is to suspend both kids and the principle was determined to do exactly that. Well, he had never had to deal with my wife when she was protecting her kids. The other kid was suspended and Alex continued going to school. Needless to say, the principle walked on eggshells around my wife from that point forward. (I know when to keep my mouth shut too)

csdeven on September 20, 2007 at 7:56 AM

Somebody help me – I am so confused trying to get straight which bit of Hollywood propaganda we are supposed to believe this week.

Anyone else remember Geena Davis as the alpha male in “Commander in Chief” a couple of years ago? She was the not so veiled icon representing Hillary as President – ready to send in the troops and make the hard decisions even when military men wouldn’t.

Did Sally reveal a new line of “thinking” in Hollywood, or is she off wandering in the fields on this issue? So which is it Hollywood:

woman = warrior = “we’re coming to get you sucka”, or

woman = pacifist = “I love what you’ve done with the Quds jackets…more tea Mr. Ahmadinejad?”

in_awe on September 21, 2007 at 4:21 PM