Video: Presidential security, Aussie style

posted at 10:38 am on September 13, 2007 by Allahpundit

It’s the rare prank that warrants global coverage but crashing a summit of world leaders is one way to do it. I’ve been curious to see the footage since I heard about it last week; so was most of Australia, evidently.

They’re looking at criminal charges for infiltrating the perimeter but given the spotlight that’s being thrown on government negligence with every extra minute of press this gets, I suspect the prosecutor’s going to make it go quietly away.

Comments

Quite unbelievable.

BNCurtis on September 13, 2007 at 11:01 AM

OMG.

JiangxiDad on September 13, 2007 at 11:01 AM

Doh……….somebody’s a$$ is going to be very sore over that one…

doriangrey on September 13, 2007 at 11:04 AM

Wow. That is sad. Incredibly funny. But, still sad.

nailinmyeye on September 13, 2007 at 11:06 AM

OMG. What a friggin joke that security is.

Jaibones on September 13, 2007 at 11:06 AM

The road is yours mate

Yikes!

Guardian on September 13, 2007 at 11:12 AM

LOL!!!

These guys are great…
Millions of $$$ spent on security and they would have gotten away with it before they let their own cat out of the bag.

I just hope that the Islamo jihadists don’t get any ideas on how to sneak by the “red ring” of solitude.

Now where’s that Canadian flag I have around here gotten too.

Sgt. Khe Sahn

1GooDDaDDy on September 13, 2007 at 11:13 AM

So, essentially these guys proved what? That Oz is so safe only minimum security will do?

We should be so lucky here in the States. Actually, I remember a time when we were.

Kadnine on September 13, 2007 at 11:18 AM

Thanks security forces. Now I have complete confidence you will not only guard my life, but the borders as well.

Sheesh!

Darnell Clayton on September 13, 2007 at 11:20 AM

What I find most disturbing is the reaction of the audience. We are truly living in a world of perpetual adolescence.

Connie on September 13, 2007 at 11:21 AM

I heard the motorcade before theirs was a Mexican one with Elvira Arellano in it, they already made it to their seats.

ajmontana on September 13, 2007 at 11:22 AM

Those guys have done similar things that highlight how incredibly screwed we, as a civilization, are. Somewhere, I don’t recall if it was linked here, they tested bridge security with regards to video taping. Just as funny and scary at the same time. They didn’t stop the regular guy with camera, but were all over a dude dressed up as a stereotypical Islamist.

They did perform a service. If it’s that easy to penetrate security for APEC, just imagine how safe our mass transit system is. Yeah.

Hooray for wars of half measures.

Krydor on September 13, 2007 at 11:39 AM

This was pretty funny, but the “Al Keyder Terry Wrist” bit they did was even better.

forest on September 13, 2007 at 11:54 AM

Reminds me of the time I got into ****** *** *** with my friend who’s car had an expired window sticker.

– The Cat

P.S. I acknowledge nothing.

MirCat on September 13, 2007 at 12:51 PM

Those men seem to have done the rest of us a valuable service.

Kralizec on September 13, 2007 at 1:06 PM

It wasn’t so much a check point but a guard of honor.

Yep. Unfortunately, security often relies on the honor system.

jihadwatcher on September 13, 2007 at 1:26 PM

The gratuitious smears against Bush at the beginning and at the end rather destroyed the joke and made it “unfunny.”

Frankly, I think the video of these 4 f*cktards being water boarded would have been funnier. But that’s just me. ;^)

georgej on September 13, 2007 at 2:08 PM

I love the Aussies, but it’s over the top.

Kini on September 13, 2007 at 2:21 PM

Hey,, they might have done us all a favor by exposing a serious flaw in the security!

JellyToast on September 13, 2007 at 7:56 PM

It’s all fun and games…until somebody loses a president.

aero on September 13, 2007 at 9:23 PM

Good to see that none of the security detail bothered to have any form of “checking to see who these people were” among their protocols.

And the lack of bomb sniffing dogs was quite nice to note.

(And why is Bush “stupid” when this was Austalian security?)

These leaders deserve to be blown away if this is the best they can muster to protect themselves.

Maybe the next crop will have some brains.

profitsbeard on September 14, 2007 at 9:34 AM