New Vent: Part 3 of Michelle’s chat with Laura Ingraham

posted at 8:56 am on September 13, 2007 by Bryan

Today, the dynamic duo talks about taking on rapper Akon.

Power to the People is on sale now.

Comments

Just finished digesting all episodes of MM interview with Ms. Ingram and can only echo their sense of the public as individuals with rights,not a public with righs granted them by others who are using them for their own selfish purposes.

Taking back our country is well underway, as evidenced by the excessive amount of $$$ and paper/media campaigns to counter common sense. If we keep picking away we could bankrupt them financially, it is too late to save their moral balance because the left has been morally bankrupt for years.

MSGTAS on September 13, 2007 at 10:40 AM

I knew it was bad in the public schools, but I never imagined it could get that bad. Confidentiality from parents isn’t education; it’s kidnapping.

If the stinky quality of the education isn’t enough to merit private schools and homeschooling, this is.

flutejpl on September 13, 2007 at 10:41 AM

For those of us who are able…home schooling is another way to assert parental authority. Makes parent-teacher conferences short as well–I just talk to myself.

Vanquisher on September 13, 2007 at 10:48 AM

I’m glad that Michelle and Laura are talking about music and culture that is corrosive. Young people need to know that this type music is not widely accepted.

terryannonline on September 13, 2007 at 12:02 PM

Actually its Hitler youth, Brown shirts and Stalin all over again.

Separating children from their parents influence is one of the top items on a fascist, totalitarian to do list.

Speakup on September 13, 2007 at 12:10 PM

Laura has that so right when she talks about Public education. Oh, that I could afford to stay home and educate my girls. As luck would have it I live in a conservative County and our schools are somewhat conservative in their teaching.

Shelly on September 13, 2007 at 12:10 PM

I come from an extended Catholic family. Several of the families have 7 children in them. I have heard numerous stories of these children sitting in classrooms being told that it is obscene to have more than two children. Can you imagine that? Being, say, number 7 in the line up and being told that you are an obscenity because you walk the face of this earth? Taking up a seat in our fantastic public school system…
I have a son in the Navy. He is an officer. He told me recently that enlisted come to him for serious advice. He remarked, “Mom, these men are 23 years old and they already have 3 children.”
My reply was “more power to them. Do everything you can to help these men and their families.”
I don’t think my son expected that response…

Babs on September 13, 2007 at 12:11 PM

I home schooled my child @ a time when it wasn’t news worthy, & took major abuse for doing so. One day, as I was being accosted by the usual “Do YOU think there is something WRONG w/the School System!!!”…I finally found the resolve to snark back…”Do YOU! read the news paper?”…as the front page of the local rag was about a shoot out in the local secondary school in my district.

The safety issue however, was secondary.

If you don’t home school, you cannot fully realize how ‘school books’ have changed! SERIOUSLY!!
I only used grammar books pre-1960….same w/ math books.

Education, as an art form, is very ‘Britany Spears’ now. No content, lots of undecipherable ‘ou-wah’, w/ a major exponential of dumbing-down.

Finally, my kid & I are tight…we know each other,we are friends in a way that only years of one-on-one can produce!
Home School Your Children…You Won’t be sorry!!

lobosan5 on September 13, 2007 at 12:24 PM

I loved the conversation Laura had with the ladies at the movie theater, its so much fun to shock people with family values.

She’s right too, We’ve been conditioned since the advent of the pill that it’s a sin against mankind (and womenkind) to have enough children to replace ourselves much less increase our number.

I still advocate a ‘Family Network’ that helps young couples who wish to have children, do so, for the benefit of the nation if nothing else.

Speakup on September 13, 2007 at 12:27 PM

“Power to the People” sounds like it would make a great stocking stuffer this Christmas.

Great interview Michelle. Thanks.

Zorro on September 13, 2007 at 12:46 PM

Actually its Hitler youth, Brown shirts and Stalin all over again.

Yep. Establishing a public education system is one of the 10 Communist Manifesto planks.

2Brave2Bscared on September 13, 2007 at 1:08 PM

A rapper known as a con? Who woulda thunk?

On-my-soap-box on September 13, 2007 at 3:59 PM

Wonder Twin power!

Does it get any better?

Lawrence on September 13, 2007 at 8:28 PM

Drudge is flashing that “Power to the People” is beating “Giving”! Go, Laura, go.

simon on September 13, 2007 at 10:48 PM

I think anyone who has more than one kid on purpose is nuts. Nine? You’re certifiable. But that’s just me.

As far as home schooling goes, there are alternatives out there if you can afford it. There are distance learning schools online that you can move kids into. I took my daughter out of the public school and enrolled her in an online, accredited, distance learning school called Laurel Springs. She just started 9th grade and she loves it. I am not home schooling her, she takes all her classes online, she has teachers she communicates with, and she’s out of the hell that is today’s public schools. She’s never been happier.

It’s not cheap. Eight grade was $3000 and 9th grade is costing me $4500. But it’s worth every penny to be out of the bs that is the public school where the only thing that matters in conforming to the notion that kids are little adults and have to be perfect all the time.

I highly recommend it to parents looking for an alternative to public schools but can’t home school their kids themselves.

Jaynie59 on September 14, 2007 at 5:25 AM

Laura’s Power to the People is not only outselling Bill Clinton’s book, but her book’s rating trounces his.

maverick muse on September 14, 2007 at 7:54 AM

This is so important. I help my daughter home school her four (so far) children when I can and keeping the garbage from influencing them is a 25/8 job.

oakpack on September 14, 2007 at 8:47 AM

Great interview Michelle. If my kids ever came home and said they weren’t allowed to say what happened at school that day, you would see a mushroom cloud rising over Indianapolis, I’d be so angry. Fortunately we live in a (fairly) conservative school district. We also make sure the teachers and administrators know that these are our kids, not theirs.

Jezla on September 14, 2007 at 8:48 AM

Amazon is listing Laura as #1! Beating OJ now! (And yet it’s sad that we have to celebrate that!)

simon on September 14, 2007 at 9:00 AM

You are right Laura. Where’s the aclu, now, they are needed???????

oldelpasoan on September 14, 2007 at 1:14 PM

You are right Laura. Where’s the aclu, now, they are needed???????

oldelpasoan on September 14, 2007 at 1:14 PM

You are right Laura. Where’s the aclu, now, they are needed???????

oldelpasoan on September 14, 2007 at 1:14 PM

opst, sorry folks

oldelpasoan on September 14, 2007 at 1:15 PM

No offense intended, I am tired of book pushing. I am sure that Laura’s work is excellent, just as Michelle’s books have been.

There is a small cadre of mutual book pushers that shill books for one another: Laura, Michelle, Rush, etc. While I admire each and every one of them, enough already!

Captain America on September 14, 2007 at 1:42 PM

lobosan5 on September 13, 2007 at 12:24 PM

You are not your childrens friend you are their patent.

Wade on September 15, 2007 at 11:04 AM

Captain America on September 14, 2007 at 1:42 PM

I have an idea for you, just don’t click on the links. Nice job Michelle, and thank you Laura, if it wasn’t for you two fighting for us then who would..

Legions on September 16, 2007 at 3:10 PM

Laura sounds a little like the Taliban to me!

scooter on September 21, 2007 at 10:39 AM