Video: Hillary lectures Petraeus about the war, Osama

posted at 6:17 pm on September 12, 2007 by Allahpundit

Drudge has been leading with Rudy’s knock on her for this for the past several hours so I thought you’d appreciate the primary source. Never will you hear someone called a liar more politely. Lantos was much, much harsher, but he’s not running for president so he can afford to be.

I clipped two minutes of Crocker’s answer off the end but that was the last question she asked. As you watch, ponder the fact that our Democratic superiors, who have intoned so stirringly about how the administration has failed to take the war seriously, are willing to piss away the seven minutes of questions allotted to them for crap like this instead of asking Petraeus and Crocker questions about what’s happening on the ground. If you can believe it, Obama was even worse in this regard than Hillary was. (And still is.) And Jim DeMint, to his great credit, called him on it.

Comments

We add one more to the chorus calling Petraeus a liar. If I didn’t know better, I’d swear this was choreographed

Harpoon on September 12, 2007 at 6:21 PM

This woman would NEVER be respected as Commander-in-Chief. Nor should she be.

desertdweller on September 12, 2007 at 6:24 PM

I hope the Hsu, (and many other dirty little secrets), eventually drag her thighness down.

techno_barbarian on September 12, 2007 at 6:25 PM

Did she say the “shakes” were coming over? She should be on roller skaters at a drive-in and say that. That is about where she belongs.

jihadwatcher on September 12, 2007 at 6:26 PM

Correct me if I am wrong, but lying to a congressional panel is seriously against the law.
If they honestly think he is decieving them, why haven’t they bought him up on perjury charges? Seriously!

redshirt on September 12, 2007 at 6:26 PM

It will make a great campaign ad. Thanks Billary!

Limerick on September 12, 2007 at 6:29 PM

Britt Hume had a segment early in his show that spotlighted her statements and the excellent slam by Rudy.

More please!

techno_barbarian on September 12, 2007 at 6:29 PM

“…a liar more politely”? No, Clintonesque! No one else would know better what “suspension of disbelief” really means.

“Hearings”? No, they are grandiloquent “speeches”, from both sides I might add, Sen. DeMint being the rational exception.

Entelechy on September 12, 2007 at 6:31 PM

Wait a sec. A bunch of overfed governmental jerks are trying to tell an ARMY GENERAL that his assessment of the situation is a lie??? Did I get that right? Have they been on a battleground?

Did Roosevelt ever dictate to the generals about the fact that their assessments of the Axis was a complete lie? Did anyone?

That’s disgraceful.

mjk on September 12, 2007 at 6:33 PM

Liberals are the enemy within. When is the GOP going to start running ads showing how the Dhims want us to lose in Iraq?

Despicable slime.

jdawg on September 12, 2007 at 6:37 PM

It took her 8 minutes to ask a worthless hypothetical question. Petraeus’s answer was excellent as far as it went, but he failed to point out that the US Congress has even lower approval ratings than the numbers she quoted.

pedestrian on September 12, 2007 at 6:39 PM

I wish that Petraeus would have said,

“Senator Clinton, thank you for comments. It’s a good thing that I won’t have to serve under you because I would rather quit than serve under you if you became President. I might be speaking out of turn, but I would bet that all others would resign as well”.

HarryStar on September 12, 2007 at 6:42 PM

I wish that Petraeus would have said,

HarryStar on September 12, 2007 at 6:42 PM

He may have been thinking it, but is just too classy to say it out loud. Wait till he retires, writes a book and goes to Fox News…

jdawg on September 12, 2007 at 6:43 PM

She is such a worthless, disgusting piece of political crap.

rplat on September 12, 2007 at 6:47 PM

“I think that the reports you provide to us really require the willing suspension of disbelief.”

Wonder how long she practices that one in the mirror?

She and Bill ooze hate for the military and just about anything American that promotes national pride and she has the unmitigated gall to run for any office much less the Presidency.

We might as well dig up Nikita Kruschev and put him in the line up for the liberal nomination.

Actually ole Niki probably still looks better that Lantos does.

Speakup on September 12, 2007 at 6:52 PM

The arrogance and hubris of this woman is breathtaking. With the backdrop of the anniversary of 9-11 and having to return $850,000 in “funny money” she has the audacity to call this man of honor a liar!
Anyone with any sense of shame would resign their Senate seat, go back to whatever rock she crawled out from under and thank GOD she’s not wearing an orange pantsuit in a federal prison. These cretins know no shame.
If this felonius hag becomes President, GOD help us.

mountainmanbob on September 12, 2007 at 6:54 PM

This woman would NEVER be respected as Commander-in-Chief. Nor should she be.

desertdweller on September 12, 2007 at 6:24 PM

Sadly, she’ll be the least damaging of the Democratic candidates. She does have a way with words though. She’s like a robot in her methodicalness.

BadgerHawk on September 12, 2007 at 6:59 PM

The General took her to school in his response, did he not?

Also, to illustrate her ignorance, let’s parse that statement a little: “willing suspension of disbelief.”

willing: voluntary, by one’s own will
suspension: interrupt, halt
disbelief: not believing, lack of belief

A willing suspension of disbelief is in fact voluntary belief.

And this person wants to be President…

Jezla on September 12, 2007 at 7:13 PM

“Thank you for your service, you lying liars!”

~Hillary.

BKennedy on September 12, 2007 at 7:15 PM

It will not be pretty when Billy and the Beast are cornered. And they will be. No one gets away with their level of crapola forever.

bbz123 on September 12, 2007 at 7:21 PM

Man, that gal makes my skin crawl.

Who better to understand lies and suspention of disbelief than a Clinton. Un-freaking-believable

conservnut on September 12, 2007 at 7:21 PM

Actually, “suspension of disbelief” is a term from aesthetic criticism – as when you’re reading a novel or watching a play or movie and you willingly pretend that the story is a depiction of reality. So, yes, she’s not just accusing Petraeus of fudging statistics or of putting things in the best possible light, but of reciting a grand tissue of lies, making up a fairy tale.

I think she hoped that her imbecilic rambling would be so painful to sit through or sort out that no one would be able to use it against her, that she could back the nutroots’ play without having to do so memorably. That’s been her strategy all along. She manages to triangulate without also having to be intelligent and responsible, because the rest of the party has gone so far in the tank for the far left that merely being incompetent and therefore ambiguous makes her seem sober and responsible in comparison.

It works really well. I despise her, but I still suspect she knows she’s talking utter crap, and that, if elected, she could at least be trusted to lash out violently against those who attacked her by attacking the country. So, she’d at least be able to preserve some minimal deterrence.

We’ll see if the attacks from Rudy and McCain and others gain any traction. Otherwise, we ‘ll be left to pray that N Podhoretz is right, and that by selecting her the Democrats are committing political suicide.

CK MacLeod on September 12, 2007 at 7:24 PM

Dog and Pony Donkey show if there every was one.

Kini on September 12, 2007 at 7:26 PM

I was driving this afternoon when Sean Hannity played the clip. I screamed so loud I’ll bet the drivers in the other lane wondered what had happened.

I feel sorry for men like General Petraeus who have to sit and listen to asshats like herself lecture him. I don’t know how he stands it.

Ellen on September 12, 2007 at 7:30 PM

She is such a worthless, disgusting piece of political crap.

rplat on September 12, 2007 at 6:47 PM

Let’s not give crap a bad name–even crap has uses–she has none.
I for one am trying to figure out (if necessary) how I can reenlist and get through the next eight years without having to swear to “obey the orders of the commander in chief” just in case she gets elected. I did manage to do it with her husband in office, but it took some creative paperwork.

Tennessee Dave on September 12, 2007 at 7:31 PM

the willing suspension of disbelief

when I first heard this, I had to say this over and over in my mind to try and figure out what she said. I came up with, She called him a liar….but I’m still not so sure.
Her husband had to have come up with this one.

bridgetown on September 12, 2007 at 7:37 PM

Gotta admit… Shrillary has huge Cojones…

I mean… a CLINTON calling someone else a liar???

Romeo13 on September 12, 2007 at 7:47 PM

How in God’s name can she still be spewing the vile filth she does? She has no shame, but that’s not really a surprise.

Wonder what would happen if HSU had donated millions of dollars to a Republican candidate. *sigh* The hypocrisy never ends.

MsUnderestimated on September 12, 2007 at 7:52 PM

“General, don’t the American people deserve. . .”

What the American people deserve is a future free from this harpie.

Kimmer on September 12, 2007 at 7:54 PM

Rudy shredded her when he was on with Hannity today.

The willing suspension of disbelief. Kind of what I get when I hear the Pantsuit open her mouth.

JammieWearingFool on September 12, 2007 at 8:07 PM

Strip away the 6 minute superflous speech and her question is:

The surge isn’t working now, so why can’t you tell me exactly what is going to happen a year from now?

Resolute on September 12, 2007 at 8:10 PM

The Clintons hate our military. They went out of their way to weaken the NCO structure of the Army, tried to force homosexuals and their culture as being an accepted part of the military and cut the budget along with Goracle by stripping the military. This was the same time they were giving NK nukes and allowing Islam to develop into the force we are fighting today.

Hening on September 12, 2007 at 8:10 PM

She lost all sense of credibility almost 15 years ago. Why does anyone listen, even a little bit?

allrsn on September 12, 2007 at 8:10 PM

I couldn’t even get through the whole clip!
What a line of political dung.
She will never get my vote.
I am so angry at her attitude right now that
I can’t even get my thoughts straight!
Those two gentlemen gave a factual and even presentation.
They don’t deserve her pompous attitude.

PaKeystoner on September 12, 2007 at 8:18 PM

I could not watch anymore after the money quote either. What a brainless TWIT. GRRRR!

kahall on September 12, 2007 at 8:23 PM

Why couldn’t it be her people are looking for and not Foss? :-(

Tim Burton on September 12, 2007 at 8:26 PM

Foss=Fossett

Tim Burton on September 12, 2007 at 8:29 PM

I think Hillary just had her “I was for the war before I was against it” moment with “a willing suspension of disbelief”.

I can’t wait for the ads that chronicle her lies. The only question is where does one begin? Sir Edmund Hillary?

Buy Danish on September 12, 2007 at 8:34 PM

The definition of utterly shameless: When a woman William Safire once called a “congenital liar” tells someone else (albeit in an inarticulate way) that one must suspend all faith in the truth when listening to him. It’s satire. In fact, it’s over-the-top, in-your-face satire. Hillary Clinton lecturing someone — anyone — on the merits of honesty and integrity, and doing so with a straight face, is just plain satire. For God’s sake, she is AT THIS VERY MOMENT embroiled in another money scandal about which she is LYING. That the media gives her a pass on this hubris is just plain disgraceful.

Rational Thought on September 12, 2007 at 8:37 PM

I soooo hate cliches; however,

“Mooooooooooooo!”

In my yearning to remain free of misogynist-pig tendencies, I have dedicated myself to giving any women the benefit of the doubt when it comes to running for the highest office in the country world, but this cow really tests my nerve!

GO AWAY!!!

thejackal on September 12, 2007 at 8:38 PM

The actions against General Petraeus and ambassador Crocker are proof that the lib party is controlled by
Move-on.org. No dem has reputed the Betray Us Ad or
asked or told these two they need to win and what can I do to help. . . .
These pig libs are going to have their butts handed to them again. THANK GOD

Texyank on September 12, 2007 at 8:42 PM

I just checked my Rush in a Hurry update. He described it as “Alger Hiss grilling General Eisenhower”.

Bingo.

Buy Danish on September 12, 2007 at 8:42 PM

Wish he could have stood up, walked over right in front of her and challenge her out loud to either prove her allegations that he’s lying and file charges or resign her position.

What she said was very disrespectful for one who has dedicated his life to the defense of this nation and she should get the [figurative] shit kicked out of her for saying it.

I lost all respect for *ALL* the members of congress. Republican or Democrat. They should all be kicked out on their asses.

CrazyFool on September 12, 2007 at 8:42 PM

If I were the General. I’m hearing…,

… wha wha waw waw whmp whmp

Kini on September 12, 2007 at 8:52 PM

She is unfit for command.

Zorro on September 12, 2007 at 8:59 PM

A degenerate, anti-military, controlling, lying socialist criminal piece of filth with a philandering, lying cheuvanist pig of a husband questions the integrity of one of the most noble and decent Americans ever to come out of the pathetic Baby Boom generation.

Democrats 08!

Good Lt on September 12, 2007 at 9:04 PM

Wasn’t it Shillary who stated that in the campaign they should not have to deal with hypotheticals. I recall the subject and thought it was Her Thighness who brought it up. Well if it was, we can throw another log on the hypocrisy fire as she demands our fine General answer a hypothetical which he described as impossible at this time considering all the factors involved.

But, didn’t she sound so reasoned and calm. So, what’s the word, ……… Presidential? Keep trying to make yourself likeable Shrill. You’ve got a long way to go.

Mallard T. Drake on September 12, 2007 at 9:09 PM

She is unfit for command.

Zorro on September 12, 2007 at 8:59 PM

Absolutely. With those comments, she thinks she can be elected Commander-in-Chief?

CrimsonFisted on September 12, 2007 at 9:13 PM

well, i’m not voting for her and that’s that.

those “impeach president clinton and her husband” bumper stickers don’t seem so funny now in retrospect.

TexasDan on September 12, 2007 at 9:14 PM

Hillary Clinton showed with her comments to General Petraeus that she must be defeated so that this country is not saddled with an unfit person as President. Her comments are in substance no different than those reflected in that despicable MoveOn.org ad.

Phil Byler on September 12, 2007 at 9:23 PM

CK MacLeod on September 12, 2007 at 7:24 PM

You’re right, of course. I’d forgotten that. Still, it’s an outrage.

Jezla on September 12, 2007 at 9:30 PM

Oh man, he should have said “sounds like your campaign contribution filings, OHHHHHHH!”

Seriously though, I’d like to have heard him say “Who are Hsu to question me! OOPS! I mean, who are you?”

RightWinged on September 12, 2007 at 9:34 PM

I believe that the first phrase that should follow “Hillary Clinton, Commander-in-Chief of the United States Armed Forces” should immediately be followed with: “Men, to arms!”

BKennedy on September 12, 2007 at 9:55 PM

It will make a great campaign ad. Thanks Billary!
Limerick on September 12, 2007 at 6:29 PM

I hope she is the dem nominee. These sound bites will be solid gold come the general election.

csdeven on September 12, 2007 at 9:58 PM

C’mon Dems. Patraeus is a liar. Begin courtmartial proceedings immediately.

CliffHanger on September 12, 2007 at 10:03 PM

I really hope Shrillary is the surrendercrat nominee. I don’t think she has a prayer in the general election. I know that there are ton’s of trash out there ready to be dumped on her and she has more skeletons in her closet than Saddam had in all his mass graves. I can’t wait to watch her go down in flames.

Guardian on September 12, 2007 at 10:36 PM

Someone please remind me. From which service academy did Hillary graduate?

Kimmer on September 12, 2007 at 10:45 PM

Who else read the headline and the quote, and immediately said : “O.F.U!”

Mazztek on September 12, 2007 at 11:27 PM

Someone please remind me. From which service academy did Hillary graduate?

Kimmer on September 12, 2007 at 10:45 PM

I believe that was “The Academy of Treason and Sedition”…Located somewhere in Backstab Arkansas…

doriangrey on September 12, 2007 at 11:34 PM

Via Insty, Jim Geraghty gets off the crux of this comedy of errors in one line:

So let me get this straight… to Hillary, Norman Hsu gets the benefit of the doubt, but not General David Petraeus?

Good Lt on September 12, 2007 at 11:42 PM

&$#Y^%$)#@&$%(@)#$*&*(#@)#*$&*#(@#*$&*#(@*$&*#(@*$!!!!!
I cannot do this anymore. I cannot continue listening to anti American rubbish, hatred of our troops, total distortion of what a war is and how successful what we have done is…and she is the front runner in the Dem party, and could very well be our next pres. THIS IS F#(%Y^&#$G Insane!

Every war we have ever fought before this one, we could show casualties in a few hours of all the casualties in this one over 6 years. And the Dems say we lost this war. Not losing, LOST! I am sick and tired of this BS. And what is worse, the American people are buying this drivel, which is the ONLY reason it has lasted this long!!!! I need an Island of my own away from this insanity.

MalkinFan on September 12, 2007 at 11:44 PM

Phil Byler on September 12, 2007 at 9:23 PM

And al queda. There is total agreement among them.

techno_barbarian on September 13, 2007 at 12:30 AM

Oh, I’m sorry….I thought that she was talking about that huge profit she made on that land deal way back when…You know, 1,000% pofit.

Sorry, suspending disbelief now

HarryStar on September 13, 2007 at 1:43 AM

I think it requires a willing suspension of disbelief to not see that these so-called Democratic leaders are getting their marching orders and briefing papers from George Soros and Moveon.org.

pilamaye on September 13, 2007 at 6:15 AM

She’s chastising them!

What an arrogant you-know-what!!!!

This woman, Hillary Clinton, might actually succeed in becoming the next president of the United States of America! Can you BELIEVE IT???!!!”

What a phony!

She is also extremely cynical.

I have already decided that there is a very large contingent of US citizens, many of them quite inexperienced, and young, mainly fairly new voters, who are misguided enough, and who have enough of a warped sense of judgment, and defective morals, mores, and values, that they would fall and support such a dark, cynical, self absorbed, egotistical, shameless, chameleon who stands for nothing, such as Hillary Clinton!

This is a very dark time for people of Planet Earth, and a very dark time for the United States of America.

The candidacy of Hillary Clinton, Barrack Obama, and others on the left-Democrat side of the fence, reveals a deep seated illness among our populace, and the fact that they, these candidates, i.e., Hillary, Obama, et al, have a strong following, speaks volumes to the dysfunctional mindset of many in our nation today.

I am finding it extremely difficult to listen to Hillary Clinton’s voice on this clip. It is rife with arrogance, negativity, cynicism, and an over inflated sense of self importance.

Just listen to her put herself up as some kind of Oracle and Guru to whom the Ambassador and General must answer to!

What arrogance!

What insolence!

William

William2006 on September 13, 2007 at 6:36 AM

jihadwatcher on September 12, 2007 at 6:26 PM

Thanks for the laugh, “jihadwatcher!”

I enjoyed that!

Hillary: “The shakes are coming over.”

Me: “Excuse me, miss. I orderd a chocolate milk shake and fries. You brought a vanilla milk shake and a hamburger.”

William

William2006 on September 13, 2007 at 7:05 AM

Speakup on September 12, 2007 at 6:52 PM

That would definitely bring a new meaning to ‘banging her Hsu on the table.’

James on September 13, 2007 at 8:39 AM

She just continues to make me vomit.

Viper1 on September 13, 2007 at 8:43 AM

This beeaaatch would never remember lying…SHE CAN’T RECALL…

areseaoh on September 13, 2007 at 8:44 AM

By the way…how come she never wears dresses and skirts…???…I DON’T RECALL…

areseaoh on September 13, 2007 at 8:46 AM

Wish it had gone a little something like this:

Ambassador Crocker: General Petraeus lied to you, Mrs. Clinton. Everything he says is a lie. Remember that, Mrs. Clinton. *Everything* he says is a lie.

General Petaeus: Now I want you to listen to me very carefully, Mrs. Clinton. I’m…lying.

Mrs. Bill Clinton: You say you are lying, but if everything you say is a lie, then you are telling the truth, but you cannot tell the truth because you always lie… illogical! Illogical! Please explain! You are human; only humans can explain! Illogical!

Brat on September 13, 2007 at 8:52 AM

Sen Clinton and Obama continue to campaign from the senete and continue to spew the SOS (the policy to protect America is un American).

Meaningless numbers which cover the fact that ‘war is hell’ and neither of them understand that fact or that the true goal of fundamentalist islamist is to put Sen. Clinton into a berka and Sen. Obama in a turbin carrying an AK 47 aimed at the public he wishes to serve.

MSGTAS on September 13, 2007 at 10:05 AM

This is EXACTLY why Michael Bloomberg’s prospects for running need to be minimized. She needs him the way Bill needed Ross Perot. Without him, she doesn’t get the scepter.

-T

The Therapist on September 13, 2007 at 11:28 AM

Hm, wasn’t it the Dems that complained that Bush didn’t listen to his generals…

CP on September 13, 2007 at 11:30 AM

I can’t count the number of times that the cloven-footed senator and her HINO asked us to ‘suspend belief’

No, she DIDN’T know about the HINO’s peccadillos and she was just LUCKY with those futures back in the day.
And WHERE are those files from the Rose Law Firm? She never could ‘recall’.

I could go on and on….

dbdiva on September 13, 2007 at 11:31 AM

Madame President, may I commend you for your excellent observations!!! NOT!

Golfer_75093 on September 13, 2007 at 12:00 PM

And the response should have been:

Senator, do you have any thing to base that assertion on other than what you “think” the situation is? Perhaps you could refer me to some sort of actual factual source that I could review to make sure my report does not require a “willing suspension of disbelief”?

P.S. Isn’t the phrase she really wanted to use “a willing suspension of belief“? Not (dis)belief? If you are going to spend that much time spinning out all of the crap at least you should be able to get the punchline right!

::Sheesh!::

Fatal on September 13, 2007 at 2:10 PM

As I watched the beginning of the video clip, all I could think about was how arrogant the Liberals have been and how it’s reached an all-time high during these entire Petraeus hearings. Who in the hell is Hillary Clinton? How and where does she receive her intelligence from Iraq? Where does she get the bawlz to sit on her sanctimonious ass and blatantly call Petraeus a liar? She and her liberal counterparts are perfect examples of people who don’t ask questions but shape reality in their own little primitive minds as to what they want it to be. It reminds me of the story of Norman Bates. Here we have a man who refuses to accept the fact that his mother is dead. Looking straight into the face of her corpse doesn’t even convince him. Since her death was his fault, the guilt that he felt was so intense that his mind would not allow him to accept that she ever died. So he behaved as though she was still alive, talked with her in his own voice and answered himself in hers. The title of the film was Psycho! This psychotic behavior is being seen among the liberals in Washington during these Petraeus hearings. Ever since Harry Reid said, “This War Is Lost”, no evidence to the contrary will be accepted. It’s easier for Hillary to believe that she knows more about the state of affairs in Iraq than General David Petraeus! Even though he was in the heart of Iraq while she was dealing with shady Hsu, she somehow has the blind audacity to question Petraeus’ honesty! It’s easier for her to believe he’s a liar than to believe that her political party has been wrong about Iraq from day one!

Joshua P. Allem on September 13, 2007 at 3:12 PM