Audio: Liebs praises KP’s “brilliant” question about MoveOn’s “despicable” ad

posted at 4:07 pm on September 12, 2007 by Allahpundit

We’ve been dumping on her for the past three months so we owe her some buzz when she gets one right. For all her quasi-anarchic anti-borders rhetoric and demagoguery about nativists who hate “brown-skinned illegal immigrants,” KP is no Kossack and no fan of MoveOn.org. Now that Harold Ford’s made a hobby of kissing Kos’s ass, it’s pretty much just her and Joementum left in the Democratic center. Enjoy as she and Liebs dump on the “Betray Us” ad and wonder why the left seems to care so much what Petraeus thinks about the war making America safer when they’ve already dismissed him out of hand as an unreliable witness. Can a righteous conservative blogger and an occasionally disjointed female version of Geraldo make it in this topsy turvy world? Hope springs eternal, my friends.

Here’s the Owen West piece in the Journal to which Lieberman refers. Recommended reading.

Update: Kirsten forwards this link to the Journal to substantiate the claim that 70% of the attacks in Iraq now are by Iranian-backed forces.

Comments

I hope so too man, Humping robots and I-phones can only do so much for a man.

conservnut on September 12, 2007 at 4:11 PM

Peyton Place
As The World Turns
Days Of Our Lives
Hot Air

Halley on September 12, 2007 at 4:14 PM

I’ve got to keep you guys entertained somehow.

Allahpundit on September 12, 2007 at 4:15 PM

Allahpundit on September 12, 2007 at 4:15 PM

And you, Bryan and Michelle (with the occasional See-Dub)
do a fantastic job.

THANK YOU!!!

omnipotent on September 12, 2007 at 4:18 PM

I’ve got to keep you guys entertained somehow.

Allahpundit on September 12, 2007 at 4:15 PM

How about another book thread?

RushBaby on September 12, 2007 at 4:18 PM

Yes they can.

How about another book thread?

That’d be great. I’m reading a book about the Falklands war that just came out.

aengus on September 12, 2007 at 4:21 PM

I’ve got to keep you guys entertained somehow.

MORE ROBOTS.

Slublog on September 12, 2007 at 4:24 PM

Kirsten said “70% of attacks in Iraq are backed by Iran”.

70%! That’s huge! Is this correct? She stated the WSJ but I can’t find the article.

Guardian on September 12, 2007 at 4:25 PM

“Aaaaasssss Youuuuuuuuuuu Wiiiissssshhh”

csdeven on September 12, 2007 at 4:25 PM

MORE ROBOTS.

Slublog on September 12, 2007 at 4:24 PM

No. More HUMPING ROBOTS.

lorien1973 on September 12, 2007 at 4:35 PM

Hot.

Indeed!

Lawrence on September 12, 2007 at 4:37 PM

KP asked, if the surge was working, why the draw down? Well, we know that April will be the beginning of the 15 month tours, so we have to draw down. BUT, can we be using the draw down as the “stick” in the “stick and carrot” analogy to motivate the Iraqi government to action? Nothing motivates better than giving someone something and then taking it away. But it has to be done in a way that doesn’t weaken the image of the Iraqi government. They cannot be seen as a government that can be easily threatened into action.

csdeven on September 12, 2007 at 4:38 PM

That was an awesome interview and article. Thank you AP! I hope you and KP can make it work. She wouldn’t even have to change the P in KP :-)

I don’t understand the fascination with robots. As for the iPhone, why not do a “fund raiser”. Put up a thread with a PayPal link. I’m in for 5 or 10 bucks. You’d have an iPhone in no time, but you’d be stuck with AT&T.

Ordinary1 on September 12, 2007 at 4:49 PM

Ordinary1 on September 12, 2007 at 4:49 PM

I think he wants it as sort of a pat on the head.

I offered to buy him one if he filled the headlines with the humping robot one day; but alas, no humping robot was to be found.

lorien1973 on September 12, 2007 at 4:52 PM

That link to the Journal piece is fantastic.

BadgerHawk on September 12, 2007 at 5:01 PM

Yes, they can – based on the Geraldo analogy alone, however, you’d be ‘dieting’ for a while, and it wouldn’t be food-related.

You’re a witty man, moody as you are. Then again, I never met someone with such abundant intelligence who’s always happy. Thanks for being there/here, and thanks for the entertainment too.

Btw, what would happen if you’d end up “Top 10, 20, 30 blogger”, like yesterday’s link? Would there be a picture like the Scottish hero?

Entelechy on September 12, 2007 at 5:09 PM

Allahpundit

Hah hah hah I knew this was going to be a AP Forgives KP and is again smitten by her feminine wiles moment…So glad you did not fail me… :P

doriangrey on September 12, 2007 at 5:29 PM

Joe is a lib, for sure. So is KP. BUT!! Neither is so afflicted with BDS that they cannot see at least one of the enemies of America for who they are. I applaud them for the open mind and open ears that are so closed to most of the rest of the libs out there. I applaud them, even with our many differences of opinion in the political spectrum, that they have a reasonable braincell left in them after the constant drumbeat of “Bush lied, babies died!” brainwash bs. I truly believe it is a mental disorder to be so immune to facts as nearly half of America seems to be. I really hope that more Americans take notice of what is happening before it is too late.

On a side note, been a long while since I commented. That does not mean I have not been lurking. I have just usually been so enraged about many posts that I thought it best not to post. This one is starting to get my hopes up. I am hopeing for a trend soon, that the far left will show the mainstream public who and what they are. That would be I think the best for America.

MalkinFan on September 12, 2007 at 5:34 PM

Good job KP & Joe.

Spirit of 1776 on September 12, 2007 at 5:46 PM

Sure. Getcha one of these.

Stephen M on September 12, 2007 at 6:12 PM

csdeven on September 12, 2007 at 4:25 PM

Heh.

Jaibones on September 12, 2007 at 6:19 PM

from the official democrat dood, tom mcmahon:

Dear Justin,

President Bush and the Republicans in Congress have been telling us to wait for the so-called “Petraeus Report” for months before we change the course in Iraq. Now with relentless bloodshed and no political solution in sight, President Bush wants more time for his failed war.

Tell Congress that their time is up – find a new course for Iraq:

All summer, Republicans have used the so-called “Petraeus Report” to delay dealing with growing anti-war sentiment.

In June, Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell said:

“I think everybody anticipates that there’s going to be a new strategy in the fall. I don’t think we’ll have the same level of troops, in all likelihood, that we have now. The Iraqis will have to step up, not only on the political side, but on the military side, to a greater extent. We’re not there forever. I think they understand that, and the time to properly evaluate that, it strikes me, is in September.”

And in July, President Bush said,

“I welcome a good, honest debate about the consequences of failure, the consequences of success in this war. But I believe that it’s in this nation’s interests to give the commander a chance to fully implement his operations. I believe Congress ought to wait for Gen. Petraeus to come back and give his assessment of the strategy that he’s putting in place before they make any decisions.”

This week, General Petraeus testified before Congress, asking for more time. He wants to wait until March to make recommendations about bringing our troops home.

Tell them that the time to make those decisions is right now — just as they’ve been saying all summer.

According to the Washington Post, many experts have questioned data behind the general’s optimistic assessment of the war, accusing the Pentagon of “cherry-picking positive indicators.” Even in December 2006, the Iraq Study Group reported “significant under-reporting of violence.”

In fact, this has been the bloodiest summer for American soldiers since the war began.

And when it comes to the Iraqi government, there’s even less progress. The surge was supposed to help give breathing room in the political process, but the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) found that two and a half years after the first election, the Iraqi government has met just three of the 18 benchmarks set by Congress.

Kenneth Katzman, author of a report for the non-partisan Congressional Research Service, put it this way:

“My assessment is that because of the number and breadth of parties boycotting the cabinet, the Iraqi government is in essential collapse. That argues against any real prospects for political reconciliation.”

Add your name to the list of people telling Congress that this isn’t a war that’s going to be won with military might, now or six months from now. It’s time to change the course and redeploy our troops from Iraq:

President Bush cherry-picked intelligence to make his initial case for war over four years ago. Since then he has stifled dissent and distorted the truth to sell his failing strategy to the rest of us.

The Republicans accuse Democrats of setting arbitrary dates for withdrawal — but it’s the Republicans who set arbitrary dates for delay.

Sincerely,

Tom McMahon
Executive Director

jummy on September 12, 2007 at 6:20 PM

She wouldn’t even have to change the P in KP :-)

Hmmm, Kirsten Pundit…

mikeyboss on September 12, 2007 at 6:41 PM

I’ve got to keep you guys entertained somehow.

Allahpundit on September 12, 2007 at 4:15 PM

Big tease, that’s what you are.

Your doing a fine job, Great One.

Be tuned in for my telepathic messages.

Mcguyver on September 12, 2007 at 9:45 PM

I don’t know, I think we need to find you a nice atheist girl to make you forget about KP. Or maybe an agnostic, just to liven things up a little. (If I can date a Wiccan hippie, you can handle an agnostic.) :D

ReubenJCogburn on September 13, 2007 at 12:09 AM

We do appreciate the daily entertainment. Many Thanks. But just for fun,it would be great fun to watch Michelle and Friends to spend an afternoon at the local shooting range. Perhaps place certain faces, we all know and “love” on the targets as well.

Cyndy Lapier’s “Girls just wanna have fun” should be the background music.

Wuptdo on September 13, 2007 at 3:02 AM

“I’ve got to keep you guys entertained somehow.” AP

how about this!!!: