Video: Poor public schools introduce “No Able-Bodied Child Left Behind”

posted at 7:19 pm on September 11, 2007 by Allahpundit

Well, here’s one way to sustain the surge. From Charlie Rangel’s lips to the Onion’s ear…

Comments

Hoo-ahh!

Mojave Mark on September 11, 2007 at 7:24 PM

It’s a parody! It isn’t real! Click your heels and say three times, “There’s no place like home!”

As the first to respond, I feel I have to do that before someone who doesn’t understand that this is a joke posts a whiny protest.

radjah shelduck on September 11, 2007 at 7:25 PM

Before this thread is through someone will think this is a real news cast. Happens at least once every time.

Guardian on September 11, 2007 at 7:30 PM

mine disarming class is boring? clearly they need to make them live to keep the kid’s attentive.

lorien1973 on September 11, 2007 at 7:41 PM

It’s only the Onion people…but I like it.

I started my 7 year old out a couple of weeks ago with my single shot 22cal. long gun and he was a natual.

He was plunking on old iron skilet hung from a tree branch at 100 yds. First time behind a real “iron site” too.

That’s my boy.

Sgt. Khe Sahn

1GooDDaDDy on September 11, 2007 at 7:44 PM

That was awesome.

I think more schools should offer that, not necessarily for all students but as an alternative path, like vocational education.

Which this is really. Good job! I hope more teachers and principals show this initiative.

Christoph on September 11, 2007 at 7:47 PM

How long this time AP?

RightWinged on September 11, 2007 at 7:49 PM

I wonder if nonfactor is in a class like that. Nah, he’s probably afraid of guns.

Andy in Agoura Hills on September 11, 2007 at 7:50 PM

Actually, instruction like that and COMPULSARY MILITARY SERVICE would do this country good. It would weed out weak-kneed cowards, weasels, momma’s boys, and libtards. Basically people like nonfactor.

Andy in Agoura Hills on September 11, 2007 at 7:54 PM

Time to start thinking about Christmas.

RedWinged Blackbird on September 11, 2007 at 8:18 PM

That’s my boy.

Sgt. Khe Sahn

Right on! I’ve got a 7yo boy too and started him out at the beginning of summer, exact same gun.

He couldn’t handle the 12 gauge though. (Kidding)

SouthernDem on September 11, 2007 at 8:34 PM

Wow, how come the ACLU hasn’t descended on this skrewl?
Where is this school at? Where can I sign up? Wonder if they have adult night classes?

;)

Kini on September 11, 2007 at 8:34 PM

And what do you do with them after you broken them at the high school level?

Christoph on September 11, 2007 at 8:46 PM

How dare they waste our taxpayers money teaching these captive children to shoot bazookas at chalkboards in schools. And arming them with clips for M-16′s?!
This is an outrage!!
For that man to fire live ammo over their heads makes me want to beat him over the head with a bamboo stick. Or at least form a laser-powered arc of lightning using a quantum-physics particle-generator and the end of my tin-foil hat; I’d personally stop this abuse of our country’s beloved youth by touring Syria and Iran and Lebanon and Venezuela and teach them to do the exact same thing, though, if OUR American kids are going to learn to be “prepared” for life after school.

There’s only so much a man can take. Truthers Unite!!

-D. Kucinich

nationspatriotcom on September 11, 2007 at 9:15 PM

Did you see the poster on the wall:

Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it.

Why is it that only the comedians get it?

jihadwatcher on September 11, 2007 at 9:32 PM

I live in Columbus, Ohio and I wish I knew where this school is. Maybe it is on the Ohio State campus, do you think? Go Bucks Go Army.

mjkazee on September 11, 2007 at 9:53 PM

All they gave us in school was a paddle and they held the handle.

: )

Texyank on September 11, 2007 at 9:54 PM

Go Bengals

mjkazee on September 11, 2007 at 9:55 PM

Way to go! I started my son with a CO2 powered revolver when he was 5, now (at 23) he has been shooting for 18 years and can pop potatoes with my M1A at 300 yards using only the stock peep that comes with it.
Ah to have young eyes again …
As far as I am concerned every child should be taught how to shoot responsibly.

Herikutsu on September 11, 2007 at 9:58 PM

“Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it.”
Damn right.

The only argument in favor of a military draft that ever has made sense to me is that in time of national emergency, there may not be time to train volunteers to be capable combatants. I consider the draft evil (which means it’s only justified if it is the least evil choice available). So I’ve toyed with the idea that (not quite like the book Starship Troopers) it could be a prerequisite for voting to undergo basic military training.

There’s a lot to be said for universal military training.

The Monster on September 11, 2007 at 10:07 PM

“iron site”?

Jesus wept.

The Monster on September 11, 2007 at 10:08 PM

Andy in Agoura Hills on September 11, 2007 at 7:54 PM

Cept that the next generation’s military will be sitting on a broadband connection with a 12 pack of Mountain Dew, a bag of Cheetos controlling robots, UAVs, and things like that semi-autonomous helicopter thing. I’d comment more, but by harvester just wandered off into a NOD base again . .

- The Cat

MirCat on September 11, 2007 at 10:24 PM

radjah shelduck on September 11, 2007 at 7:25 PM

What? Not real? Too bad. Really.

Where can I sign up? Wonder if they have adult night classes?

Makes me want to go back to school. In a few years, this kind of training could be worth more than a PhD from Harvard. In fact, it probably is even now.

IrishEyes on September 11, 2007 at 11:20 PM

When I went through high school JROTC was mandatory (as in you wouldn’t graduate unless you took it, and yes it is a public high school). We didn’t get bazookas, but we did learn how to clean a weapon and got to spend time at the rifle range. Also, we did lots and lots of drill.

Buford on September 12, 2007 at 12:06 AM

The Monster on September 11, 2007 at 10:07 PM

Dude, I think you really didn’t understand Heinlein.

Nonfactor on September 12, 2007 at 12:55 AM

“Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it.”

I first saw this as part of a wall-sized poster in a small-engine repair shop sometime after 9/11. The wallpaper showed a carrier battle group sailing in formation.

Too bad the Democrats support the enemy rather than oppose them.

georgej on September 12, 2007 at 4:51 AM

Their crawls are awesome. “Medicine replaces laughter as best medicine.”

Tanya on September 12, 2007 at 7:43 AM

Not that far from the truth. Troubled kids know a lot more than we give them credit for. Reading, (reading a tech manual and liking it means they are actually concentrating on a subject of interest).

Writing a concise Op Order (teaches them how to write in a manner that gets to the point quickly and conveys there are penalties for non compliance).

Arithmitic (the class on geometry and how to use windage and the proper center of balance (CB) to firing a high powered weapon or finding the CB on an aircraft carrying troops and equipment to the field, and learning how to navigate using the stars and prominent landmarks (such as the gas station and the 57 Chevy) is invaluable to their future as leaders.

MSGTAS on September 12, 2007 at 9:16 AM

- The Cat

MirCat on September 11, 2007 at 10:24 PM

Likely so, but I imagine we’ll always have some sort of ground army, maybe Halo-styled with shields.

I laughed out loud when the teacher brought out the bazooka, but I have to agree that some sort of training of this nature could be useful for our society.

I realize it was a cheesy movie, but I often think back to Starship Troopers and how you could not become a citizen without having served in the military and wonder if that wouldn’t be a useful tool for this country.

Those who give up something of themselves for this country likely understand more of it than those of us who haven’t done so. Even with taxes, though we all “give”, it’s taken from us before we have the chance to give it. Many don’t even realize how much they give every year.

Esthier on September 12, 2007 at 10:10 AM

Parody this may be, but when a leftist like former California Gov. Moonbeam …er, Jerry Brown when he was Mayor of Oakland wanted to create a JROTC style continuation school, may be we should look at the concept with more open minds.

Think that will sell to the moonbats?

Nah.

opusrex on September 12, 2007 at 11:45 AM

God, I wish my high school was like that. We didn’t even have JROTC.

True story: There was a bomb threat in HS. I expected to get a bunch of crap because I was considered the school psycho. When I said something about it, one guy replied that I’d only be a the suspect if the building was bombed, and someone else said I didn’t seem the type to warn anybody.

Thank God I graduated before Columbine.

ticticboom on September 12, 2007 at 1:41 PM