Hot Air Video: Sen. James Inhofe, on the Petraeus hearings and MoveOn’s “Betray Us” ad

posted at 3:00 pm on September 11, 2007 by Bryan

On Monday, Michelle interviewed Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK) about a range of topics. First up, this week’s Hill hearings with Gen. David Petraeus, commander of MNF-I, and US Ambassador to Iraq Ryan Crocker. Sen. Inhofe also reacts to the MoveOn “General Betray Us” ad. Sen. Inhofe is a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, which is hearing testimony from Petraeus and Crocker today.

We’ll have more from the interview with Sen. Inhofe later in the week.

Comments

I FINALLY glad to hear a republican say that they will show the American people just who exactly is making up the Democratic party.

I would have made hundreds of TV ads all showing Moonbats in full glory standing next to democratic candidates and asked the question “Is this who we want in charge of America ?”

William Amos on September 11, 2007 at 3:05 PM

good interview looking forward to the rest .

Mojack420 on September 11, 2007 at 3:08 PM

Don’t forget that there need to be ads with all the jihadist videos on YouTube cut in with the YouTube Democratic debate, too.

progressoverpeace on September 11, 2007 at 3:15 PM

Dems are supported by CCC
Crazies
Cowards
and
Commies

TheSitRep on September 11, 2007 at 3:18 PM

Inhoffe better make sure he’s clean as a whistle, and that includes having a narrow stance. They will be targeting him eventually.

jp on September 11, 2007 at 3:18 PM

Democrats … bought and paid for. Disregard the best interests of the nation for campaign funds. Sickening.

darwin on September 11, 2007 at 3:19 PM

Good point.

And EXCELLENT interview.

My level of RESPECT for Sen. Inhofe went up.

For some reason, Oklahoma produces some fine senators. Coburn is huge on the lack of fiscal discipline in both parties. And Inhofe just went after the Defeat-o-crats and knocked them silly here.

It seems those two U.S. senators really listen to the voters and to the base.

Sadly, kind of rare nowadays.

ColtsFan on September 11, 2007 at 3:20 PM

jp on September 11, 2007 at 3:18 PM

Libs have been after Inhofe for a long time, because of his stance against the idiocy of Catastrophic Anthropogenic Global Warming. Inhofe has been a rock.

progressoverpeace on September 11, 2007 at 3:23 PM

Michelle is doing the jobs MSM elites won’t do.

unamused on September 11, 2007 at 3:24 PM

latimes

Progressives party it up in Wisconsin
Andy Manis / For The Times

Gloria Berman, left, and Suzanne Bergen, members of the Raging Grannies group, entertain attendees of the Fighting Bob Fest in Baraboo, Wis. The fair is named after Robert La Follette, who helped found the state’s progressive movement.
Off the usual campaign trail, a fair draws more people across the political spectrum to celebrate, or just to see, some old-fashioned liberalism.

By P.J. Huffstutter, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
September 11, 2007

BARABOO, Wis. — As Russell Beecher, a lifelong Republican, wandered through the political picnic at the Sauk County Fairgrounds this weekend, he was reeling from the celebration of all things liberal.

Inside the fair’s pole barn, hawkers sold hundreds of neon-orange “Impeach Bush!” T-shirts and “Say No to War!” buttons. Grandmothers in floppy flower-print hats gabbed about universal healthcare coverage. Aging hippies, gathering petition signatures to pull troops from Iraq, stood side by side with volunteers for presidential candidates registering voters and handing out bumper stickers.

William Amos on September 11, 2007 at 3:25 PM

The voice of clarity

Kini on September 11, 2007 at 3:26 PM

Summary. “Follow the money.”

MirCat on September 11, 2007 at 3:37 PM

My translation of Sen. Inhofe’s last sentence:

The Democrats are a bunch of whores.

(my apologies to working girls everywhere)

infidel4life on September 11, 2007 at 3:39 PM

“Fighting Bob” Fest. That figures, that even back in the day a liberal would get a nickname like Fighting Bob. They always claim to be fighting this, fighting that, fighting fighting fighting.
No wonder they oppose war. It distracts them from the fighting.

NellE on September 11, 2007 at 3:53 PM

It is BOWEL MOVEMENT ON as far as I am concerned.

And the Demorcrap Party simply lingers on every word they say, it seems. Non Senator Lanthos starts his statement by calling the general a liar. That tells me all I need to know. Would he do the same if he were taking testimony from Osama Bin Laden?

The False Dervish on September 11, 2007 at 4:11 PM

YAY VENT!

ThackerAgency on September 11, 2007 at 4:13 PM

A real conservative! Like a breath of fresh air! Looking forward to some Global Warming “stuff”.

Ordinary1 on September 11, 2007 at 4:13 PM

Bawwaaaahhhh

William Amos on September 11, 2007 at 4:16 PM

Exactly right MirCat, follow the money. Leftards act like they don’t care about money, but deep down it’s ALL they care about.

Tony737 on September 11, 2007 at 4:36 PM

It’s the best week of the year at Hot Air — 3 videos in 3 days. To quote the illustrious Cookie Monster, “Me want more!”

Numenorean on September 11, 2007 at 4:36 PM

Thanks for the link William. The far far faaaar left oughta just ditch the dems and start their own party … oh wait, they already HAVE a communist party.

Tony737 on September 11, 2007 at 4:41 PM

Between JC Watts and Jim Inhofe, Oklahoma knows conservatism. I’m proud to say that I was an Oklahoma Republican for 7 years. Now that I’m in Colorado…

At least Tom Coburn (R-CO, but not my district) takes budget responsibility as seriously as I do. Turn off those lights on your way out!

craig on September 11, 2007 at 4:53 PM

Great clip, I can’t wait for the next segment.

The senator makes a good point, highlight those candidates who accept money from Moveon or Red China as in Hillary’s case…

Zorro on September 11, 2007 at 5:56 PM

Geeze who’s zooming who, as the saying goes? The special interest groups NEED the congress to have any influence in the politics of this country. Ha The Dems still have no grasp of supply side economics. Coupled with the fact their lust for power and shazam there you go.

sonnyspats1 on September 11, 2007 at 6:14 PM

“Follow the Money” — almost always the basis of all decisions politically.

What the hard line democrats really miss is what they had under the Tammy Hall days: union thugs, organized crime, and in the South, the KKK. Now they have the internet and George Soros.

Wuptdo on September 11, 2007 at 6:18 PM

Nice to see we have a straight shooting conservative alive and well in Washington DC. Wish I could trade him for toilet toe tapping now I’m resigning now I’m not Larry Craig.

KC-135A on September 11, 2007 at 6:48 PM

Thanks for these clips Bryan, glad to see them; looking forward to the balance of the interviews. Vent at it’s best, imho.

Spirit of 1776 on September 11, 2007 at 9:16 PM

Ahhhh ! ! Two clear voices of reason. Thanks
for that M.M.

Texyank on September 11, 2007 at 9:45 PM

Too short, Too short, But very good interview. Bryan, it’s looking very professional, at least from the main camera, good job.

abinitioadinfinitum on September 11, 2007 at 10:02 PM

To quote the illustrious Cookie Monster, “Me want more!”

I second Cousin Cookie’s motion. Monster want more Michelle Vent video!

The Monster on September 11, 2007 at 10:21 PM

So Michelle says in the video that Harry Reid did nothing to distance himself from the Move-On ad. Yet, there was a HotAir headline to that very effect. You don’t win creditability by contradicting the news of your own website.

I like HotAir. It’s the only place I really feel like contributing political dialog, but Michelle really needs to do much better than this.

thuja on September 11, 2007 at 11:38 PM

The clip was too short. I hope there’s much more. Inhofe is my Senator here in Oklahoma and this video honestly portrays what he consistently delivers in every speech or interview I see him in on the local news and in the local news papers. He is a true conservative, as is Tom Coburn. As for another commentors suggestion that he will soon be a target for the MSM, you’re too late. He has been for years, including the more liberal Daily Oklahoman newsrag based out of the state capitol.

thedecider on September 11, 2007 at 11:39 PM

He reminds me of a dad taking the petulant child to the woodshed for a serious a$$ whippin’. Now, if only the siblings would take a vicarious lesson from that.

csdeven on September 11, 2007 at 11:54 PM

Is it me or has anyone else noticed that they have to turn up their volume to be able to hear Michelle’s mike in the last two videos? I can hear the senator and Laura just fine but Michelle not so much.

Kahuna on September 12, 2007 at 8:22 AM

Sen. Inhofe & Coburn along with Rep. Cole are true Oklahomans and I am proud to say that they represent me!

During the Amnesty mess they responded to letters that I sent by outlining their positions CLEARLY. No wishwash, straight and to the point.

I don’t get out of OK much, but I do know that a lot of East and West coast people think we are just a bunch “banjo pick’in rednecks”, but I would bet that most on this board would like to have these guys represent them!

Go Sooners! Go Cowboys!

bubbadog89 on September 12, 2007 at 8:37 AM

Michelle

As usual you get the truth out there and let the people make up their own minds.

You know how to get the truth out of people before they know what they have said.

Finally, the good Sen. Inhofe is a respected member of many important committees and who has ever found a person from the mid west not tell the truth.

Move On et. al. needs to be fully exposed. Because it is no holds barred and opposition is severely ridiculed when their favorite son or daughter oppose their ‘Holy Grail’. The only way to fight them is to use their tactics against them. The glove have to come off and we will win the battle using the “Power to the People” synopsis.

MSGTAS on September 12, 2007 at 9:29 AM

William Amos on September 11, 2007 at 3:05 PM

It’s time to start donating to the RNC again.

Buy Danish on September 12, 2007 at 11:16 AM

Wow, how many video cameras did you use for that interview? It seems Hot Air is getting new equipment.

Interviewing senators using multiple cameras, you’ve come a long way from one camera in in a basement studio. I think congratulations are in order.

Buford on September 12, 2007 at 11:55 AM

HotAir apparently commands quite a bit of respect. Good job on the interview, Bryan.

PRCalDude on September 12, 2007 at 12:27 PM