Also not getting the memo: the entire city of San Francisco

posted at 5:48 am on September 11, 2007 by see-dubya

Yesterday I mentioned Code Pink’s ham-thighed-handed disruption of Gen. Petraeus’ testimony showed they just hadn’t gotten the memo: the Anti-Victory movement has gone corporate. Cap-toe oxfords are in; bare saggy grandma-boobs smeared with Mercedes/peace symbols and defecating on Old Glory are so 1969 2003.

Why the change in tactics? As I was musing at JYB, it occurred to me that it’s the blogosphere, stupid:

You know who I credit with diverting attention away from these mass protests? Zombie. And to a lesser extent lately, Protest Warrior–a group that has largely brought about its own obsolescence. Zombie’s coverage of what actually goes on at these awful Bay Area events–taking pictures the MSM would never publish–has devalued the tactic. Since the Left’s protests are often attended by unhinged, threatening morons, you never know when someone will show up with a sign like this (dirty word warning). Wasn’t a problem with MSM sycophants writing the record; but with Zombie taking pictures and the blogosphere publishing them, the angry protests have become counterproductive.

Well, that fine upstanding Undead-American has shambled out again and shown how out of the loop and behind the times the Bay Area is.

And just so you don’t think we’re being partisan with that homepage photo of the Democratic get-out-the-vote effort set up on an ironing board, here’s a lovely reminder from Zom that there are blue-haired little Republican lady moonbats, too:
zombierp.jpg

Comments

We need yet another fence to keep those loonies inside that city.

rplat on September 11, 2007 at 5:54 AM

The photo at the link with the dirty-word warning says it all.

Except that the word “Middle” is irrelevant.

It’s all of the rest of America they hate. Period.

Every last one of us.

Think about it.

cheers

eon

eon on September 11, 2007 at 6:54 AM

Hippycrites!

sonnyspats1 on September 11, 2007 at 6:58 AM

Hm. It seems that almost all of the troofers wear glasses.

I wonder why that is.

Niko on September 11, 2007 at 7:22 AM

The sign says “Register To Vote Here”. It should read “Register Here To Vote”.

I’ll wage a nice, big, thick green bowl of hummus, that man is a school teacher.

jihadwatcher on September 11, 2007 at 7:30 AM

I just want spend a few minutes explaining in person to these people that Marx wanted me to take buttons , t-shirts and signs from those according to their ability to provide and give them according to need. There will be no compensation for those evil shills of the corporatocracy, selling their 9/11 truth books. How many trees were needlessly slaughtered to print those books? I’d like to throw buckets of fake sap on those people like the fur protesters do fake blood.

Whoa, now I’m dizzy.

I have to admit holding these idjits to their own standards in person would be terribly amusing. Simply forget all logic and facts and spew endless, baseless, grandiose accusations.

trubble on September 11, 2007 at 8:03 AM

Don’t you love how the Truthers, those who are being oppressed in the Illuminati’s police state (a.k.a. modern day American), are able to hold massive rallies where drugs are dealt and done out in the open, where their “literature” is handed out freely, where they openly support anything and everything objectionable to any real person… But the all powerful Illuminati is… uh, still apparently a threat? It’s like when the left screams “civil liberties being violated!” when talking about the patriot act, yet they can’t cite an example.

RightWinged on September 11, 2007 at 8:16 AM

jihadwatcher on September 11, 2007 at 7:30 AM

jw, I love a good grammar slap early in the morning. Gets the blood flowing … smells like … victory.

Jaibones on September 11, 2007 at 8:25 AM

trubble on September 11, 2007 at 8:03 AM

I was actually thinking that a good hard bitch-slapping would do these morons good.

Jaibones on September 11, 2007 at 8:27 AM

I just wish that once. Just once. There could be some normal people at these events. But every time I see photos from the events they are always loony freaks dressed up like Mardi Gras. Basically dumb kids in adult bodies on a permanent Halloween trick-or-treat binge.

And why is it that at every communist or socialist booth they SELL bumper stickers and T-shirts? If their ideology is pure, shouldn’t they be giving that stuff to the people for free? You know. Like health care.

I hope that someday I get to go to one of these shin-digs. Because I’ll be scarfing stuff off the tables and start walking away while the communists insist I respect their capitalism.

Guardian on September 11, 2007 at 8:27 AM

The sign says “Register To Vote Here”. It should read “Register Here To Vote”.

jihadwatcher on September 11, 2007 at 7:30 AM

No, these are Cult of Cthulu types, so it should be:

“Etov Ot Ereh Retsiger”

BKennedy on September 11, 2007 at 8:40 AM

After living in the Bay Area, zombie is the ONLY one showing the completely objectionable signs and behaviours in those “peace” rallies. They are absolutely disgusting.

I don’t regret moving from there at all. The Bay Area – nice place to visit, if you don’t actually interact with the hippy losers who live there.

mjk on September 11, 2007 at 9:17 AM

Remember, these people believe Rosie’s “Fire can’t make steel burn” type truth. It fits into their happy little world that America is a an evil place and we deserved what happened that day. I wonder would happen to these people if their welfare and social security checks stopped coming?

Lest we forget.

Wuptdo on September 11, 2007 at 9:26 AM

Well, that fine upstanding Undead-American has shambled out again and shown how out of the loop and behind the times some in the Bay Area are.

There fixed it for you .

Mojack420 on September 11, 2007 at 9:37 AM

Lest we forget.

Wuptdo on September 11, 2007 at 9:26 AM

Why is it inevitably the unemployed people with absolutely zero marketable skills who support groups like “Socialist Worker’s Union.” You’re a walking oxymoron if you wear a T-shirt that references work at an anti-American protest.

BKennedy on September 11, 2007 at 9:56 AM

little? i saw a blue-haired paulbot….but i question both her republican-ness and her little-ness.

its vintage duh on September 11, 2007 at 10:33 AM

this is why punching hippies should not just be legal, but an olympic sport.

striper1 on September 11, 2007 at 10:36 AM

Fantastic work by Zombie, as usual. Bravo!

aero on September 11, 2007 at 10:37 AM

I don’t know if Spidy and Wonder Woman believe 9/11 was an inside job maybe there is something to it.

Its medication time, its medication time… soft musci playing… ( One Flew over the Cuckoo’s Nest)

Irenaeus on September 11, 2007 at 11:07 AM

I had the misfortune (or great fortune, depending on your viewpoint) to attend a gathering like this, under the guise of a music festival in Asheville, NC (yes, yes, I know…San Fran, NC west). It was VERY amusing. At first I was irritated, but soon found the preaching to be funny. Especially the Ceremony for the Cuddlefish. (I was rolling on the ground laughing at that one.)

Hippies are fun(ny).

tickleddragon on September 11, 2007 at 11:10 AM

You know…they’re really just there to hang out, play drums, and smoke weed.

tickleddragon on September 11, 2007 at 11:11 AM

Zombie is great! Having grown up in the Bay Area and moved away, I can better grasp of what a freak show it really is.

Nosferightu on September 11, 2007 at 11:14 AM

zombie =really- needs to learn the fine art of jpeg compression. 600k images? come on man.

lorien1973 on September 11, 2007 at 11:41 AM

I finally know what I want to do with an IED

Kaptain Amerika on September 11, 2007 at 11:56 AM

The think the blue-haired zealot meant to have her sign read:

POL POT IN YEAR ZERO!

Back to Nature, or else!

profitsbeard on September 11, 2007 at 11:56 AM

Ugh. The picture of the Ron Paul supporter (almost certainly not a Republican) has completely ruined my chances of achieving an erection for at least the next couple of days.

Zombie does great work; I don’t think that a little web publicity is going to have much impact on these idiots though- you can’t shame the shameless.

Hollowpoint on September 11, 2007 at 12:27 PM

They’re kinda cute in a teletubbie kind of way.

Kini on September 11, 2007 at 1:16 PM

The Dhimmy’s make me so damn sick. I’m not going to repeat what other people are saying. I just wish the leadership of moveon.org and kos would be investigated for anti American activities by the DoJ so they can be prosecuted.

Mooseman on September 11, 2007 at 1:55 PM

/me sings, “It’s protester and Zombie time, protester and Zombie time . .

- The Cat

MirCat on September 11, 2007 at 2:01 PM

oh, good god. i need to puke after witnessing that. how does zombie keep his food down?

one thing’s certain, this wouldn’t happen if we’d let social darwinism take effect…

Miss_Anthrope on September 11, 2007 at 2:10 PM

Hollowpoint on September 11, 2007 at 12:27 PM

i take it you missed the photos from the nude protest at memorial oak grove, or breasts not bombs, or christ, last tuesday at the coffee shop???

every excuse to get naked by the last people in this universe who should uncover themselves. geez.

*going to throw up*

Miss_Anthrope on September 11, 2007 at 2:13 PM

Guardian on September 11, 2007 at 8:27 AM

Yo! Normal person here, and I was lurking at this event on Saturday. Zombie just didn’t catch me in one of his pics. Absolutely hilarious event. I went for the music, most of which was pretty good, and tried to ignore the rest. The main feeling I get at these events is of being in the enclosed playground at McDonald’s. It’s reassuring that the kids in the playground, for the most part, never really venture out of it and thus can’t do themselves or anyone else great harm. And the main thing I have to remember is that I’m not speaking to people with adult reasoning powers.

ThanksMo on September 11, 2007 at 2:24 PM

Hollowpoint on Sept 11, 2007 at 12:27 PM

Speaking of the Paulists, while running errands this morning, I saw “Ron Paul” signs plastered all over town here (Lancaster, OH). All on white cardboard, spray-painted with a stencil. Must have been the same person(s) responsible for all of them, as it was the same stencil.

And every single sign was posted illegally. (In the highway median, on the shoulder, on utility poles, etc.)

My guess is, this is their way of “observing” the anniversary of the worst sneak attack on the United States since Pearl Harbor.

Unfortunately, the City By the Bay doesn’t have a monopoly on useless bloody loonies.

cheers

eon

eon on September 11, 2007 at 5:48 PM

Its the organizers of these events who capitalize most. I am betting each booth space came with a rental fee. Just the staging sound and lighting equiptment alone cost a few bucks to rent not to mention the permit fees. If the bands played for free I would be suprised. So there is a method behind the antiwar madness. Merchandizing popular causes is nothing new. Back in 1966 or there abouts came the phenomnimon of underground radio. It was started by college kids with a commercial free format and played progressive rock and advanced the drug culture and leftist idiology of the day in its purest form. This lasted for about one year or less until gradually the station WYSP-FM in Philadelphia started selling air time. After another year the boutique craze started where you could buy all maner of factory made drug paraphernalia. Having been a social animal in my teens and attending many high school events I saw no harm in attending free concerts at Belmont Plateau in Philly. One thing led to another and the free concerts turned into Earth/May Day 1970. Funny even through the drug and music induced euphoria I felt a twinge of guilt when I realized I was trucking down the yellow brick road of anarchy. Plus the fact that the capitalistic element had been added was enough for me to see the hypocrisy of it all. The partakers of the above festival as well as the rest of the left knows the hypocrisy also which means the whole idiology is dishonest at its core.

sonnyspats1 on September 11, 2007 at 7:30 PM

I wonder why they never pick a place like Ft. Bragg or Ft. Benning to host these events?

Claimsratt on September 11, 2007 at 7:58 PM