Coming soon to Vent

posted at 8:44 pm on September 10, 2007 by Bryan

michelle-n-laura450.jpg

Yes, that’s the Ingrahammer, Laura Ingraham. Michelle and Laura met for an interview a few days back, and we’re going to begin posting segments from that interview tomorrow. It’s a terrific interview about Laura’s new book, Power to the People, that you don’t want to miss a second of.

We interviewed the Washington Times’ Diana West on Friday, and segments from that interview are currently slated to begin airing next week.

We interviewed Sen. James Inhofe of Oklahoma today; that interview should air later in the week. And in case you missed it, we interviewed Michael Goldfarb and dropped in on TNR’s Franklin Foer for today’s show. And we have more plans and ideas for more shows.

Got any suggestions of your own for Vent topics or interviews? Leave us a comment or email us at tips – at – hotair – dot – com.

Comments

Cool, can’t wait.

terryannonline on September 10, 2007 at 8:46 PM

Perfect. Thanks

Zorro on September 10, 2007 at 8:51 PM

The Michellemeister makin copies!

sonnyspats1 on September 10, 2007 at 8:51 PM

Looking forward to it! Been missing the Vents.

What is the update on Fox and reprimanding Geraldo for his comments on Michelle? The more time that passes, the less I watch.

That is my question.

CrimsonFisted on September 10, 2007 at 8:52 PM

Stunning and brilliant, that is a great pic.
Can’t wait to hear them all.

bbz123 on September 10, 2007 at 8:54 PM

Thre’s more intestinal fortitude in that photo than the entire elected GOP establishment.

Valiant on September 10, 2007 at 8:55 PM

Those ladies are awesome. Great photo.

Dork B. on September 10, 2007 at 8:55 PM

I would love to see interviews of foreign leaders that are pro-US.
Sarkozy? I would love to go back to eating French Fries and stinky cheese.

Kini on September 10, 2007 at 8:56 PM

The dynamic duo,excellent.

canopfor on September 10, 2007 at 8:57 PM

Here is a vent for you. From last nights dem debate

Richardson lampooned plans to build a fence along the Mexican border to protect against illegal immigration.

“If you’re going to build a 12-foot wall, you know what’s going to happen? A bunch of 13-foot ladders,” Richardson said.

William Amos on September 10, 2007 at 9:00 PM

THE FORCE BE WITH US.

Legions on September 10, 2007 at 9:00 PM

Smart powerful women… and eye candy too

Wade on September 10, 2007 at 9:00 PM

AWESOME!
I love Ingraham, have been listening to her for the last few years.
I hope this isn’t a “Lie of the Day”. Ha Ha..

186k on September 10, 2007 at 9:02 PM

I hope this isn’t a “Lie of the Day”.

Nope. All 5 shows from that interview are edited and ready to go.

Bryan on September 10, 2007 at 9:03 PM

Yes, in looking at that picture, I can see why Geraldo and Olberman are filled with fear and rage.

Snort.

Looking forward to the new Vents. It’s been too long.

Anton on September 10, 2007 at 9:09 PM

Terrific lineup of interviews.

Inhofe is a mighty fortress on the nonsense issue of Global Warming Hysteria. Marc Morano’s periodic email updates are great stuff, and skeptics would do well to track down Marc and get on the email list.

Jaibones on September 10, 2007 at 9:26 PM

AWESOME! Looking forward to all of it.

I’d like to hear from Former Ambassador Bolton on the possible war with Iran. Can we avoid it? Should we? What should our answer be to their involvement in killing our troops in Iraq? etc…

Ordinary1 on September 10, 2007 at 9:26 PM

I would love to see interviews of foreign leaders that are pro-US.
Sarkozy? I would love to go back to eating French Fries and stinky cheese.

Kini on September 10, 2007 at 8:56 PM

Add the Aussies to that list – John Howard.

Oh! and Bibi Netanyahu.

CrimsonFisted on September 10, 2007 at 9:26 PM

All 5 shows from that interview are edited and ready to go.

Bryan on September 10, 2007 at 9:03 PM

Bryan, you studly workhorse, you. I am eagerly anticipating the opportunity to view the fruits of your (and anyone else’s that’s been involved) labor.

gryphon202 on September 10, 2007 at 9:27 PM

How about Ann Coulter?

Jordan Yentsch on September 10, 2007 at 9:29 PM

Got any suggestions of your own for Vent topics or interviews?

Could you please interview Hugh Fitzgerald, Robert Spencer’s right-hand man at JihadWatch?

aengus on September 10, 2007 at 9:30 PM

Could you guys possibly use another font or font color for the Vents? This would make it easier for us illiterate rednecks to watch’em.

Seriously. Everything is Times Black and Times Red. Spice it up why don’tcha.

-FatOldGuy

Fogpig on September 10, 2007 at 9:49 PM

Sounds great.

More Laura any time.

Speakup on September 10, 2007 at 9:54 PM

Fogpig on September 10, 2007 at 9:49 PM

Huh? I haven’t used any Times font in any of our shows. Sarifs are a motion graphics designer’s worst enemy.

Bryan on September 10, 2007 at 9:54 PM

Thomas Sowell would be near the top of my list for a Vent.

FloatingRock on September 10, 2007 at 10:10 PM

That is SOOOO exciting! SOOOO looking forward to it. Ok, too many capital letters, but you get my drift.

mimi1220 on September 10, 2007 at 10:16 PM

Two of my favorite ladies together what more can I ask for. …… you might want to work Tammy Bruce into the mix and then I would be one happy camper.

Mojack420 on September 10, 2007 at 10:22 PM

Thomas Sowell would be near the top of my list for a Vent.

I second the motion! I love Sowell’s occasional “Random Thoughts” columns.

And may I additionally suggest Walter Williams?

I must admit I’m getting tired of that excuse. Someone’s going to carry a ladder across the desert?

Featuring the John Lennon song of the same name? Don’t answer that. I’ll wait for the Vent.

Bigfoot on September 10, 2007 at 10:26 PM

Hey Michelle, how about taking over Drudges sunday night radio gig? Word is his end on the air is very near.

roninacreage on September 10, 2007 at 10:30 PM

aengus on September 10, 2007 at 9:30 PM

Yes! And we’d almost have to see at two segments w/him, one on his overall view of political Islam and another covering his unique views on Iraq…

RD on September 10, 2007 at 10:38 PM

I thrid the motion for Thomas Sowell. Alan Keyes would be interesting also. For a woman I would like to see Ayaan Hirsi Ali. I look forward to all the interviews. Keep up the great work. Thanks!

azdan on September 10, 2007 at 10:44 PM

Laura Ingraham. Just. . .wow. Niiiice picture.

smellthecoffee on September 10, 2007 at 10:45 PM

Put Michael Steele on the list, preferably near the top.
And, a second request for Ambassador Bolton.

News2Use on September 10, 2007 at 10:51 PM

Another fascinating interview (though it would be tough to get) would be with Rolf Ekeus, the man who found weapons of mass destruction in Iraq when Hans Blix couldn’t (in 1994). He was our choice for grand poobah during the pre-invasion timeframe (2002-03) but the French & Russians outmaneuvered us to be sure the feckless Blix was chosen instead.

It’d be interesting to get his take on the ’90s, how we were so deftly 1441′ed by the Frussians in the run-up to the war, what he thinks of the “Libyan” nuclear program we discovered by accident with 300 Iraqi scientists in its employ in 2004, how closely the Syrians and the Iraqis might have been working on joint WMD programs prior to 2003, and so on…

RD on September 10, 2007 at 11:00 PM

… “Libyan” nuclear program we discovered … in 2004

Sorry – make that late 2003 :-)

RD on September 10, 2007 at 11:07 PM

Fantastic!

For a woman I would like to see Ayaan Hirsi Ali.

I second that.

How about Ann Coulter? Neah, not so much.

Now there’s an idea! Much better than Dreadful Drudge with laugh tracks.

Mcguyver on September 10, 2007 at 11:18 PM

Zell Miller, Jerri Thompson, Fred, Gen. Pacepa

Entelechy on September 10, 2007 at 11:50 PM

Love Laura and so glad you got Diana West. She’s one of few who even acknowledge emails.

Connie on September 10, 2007 at 11:53 PM

Connie on September 10, 2007 at 11:53 PM

I’m really looking forward to the Laura and Diana interviews as well, I’m a fan of both.

I’d also like to see an interview with Duncan Hunter, whom I believe would be way ahead of Fred in the polls right now if only he’d been in the movies and TV in recent years.

Another person near the top of my list would be Newt Gingrich. I almost mentioned him in my first post but figured he already has plenty of videos on the Internet, but then decided that the topics that could be discussed with Newt are far more numerous than what’s represented on YouTube.

FloatingRock on September 11, 2007 at 12:23 AM

We’ve already done interviews with Duncan Hunter and Newt Gingrich.

Michelle on September 11, 2007 at 12:28 AM

Hey, you guys are fast! :)

FloatingRock on September 11, 2007 at 12:39 AM

Hi Bryan,
re: colors/font for VENT.
I was referring to the headings on the HotAir front page. Everything in “Top Picks” is either red or black.

Thanks for listening,
-FatOldGuy

Fogpig on September 11, 2007 at 12:41 AM

Man, I’m glad I’m a Republican. We’ve got the best of both worlds. Brains and beauties.

simon on September 11, 2007 at 12:41 AM

I can’t wait. It should prove to be informative and honest….something which is sorely lacking in most MSM venues.

Yakko77 on September 11, 2007 at 12:56 AM

How about fixing the Vent RSS feed so that it show only Vents? Right now, it shows everything. Also, I can’t find a link to it on your site anymore. I’ve got the RSS link left over from the time you did.

mpbk on September 11, 2007 at 12:58 AM

Zell Miller, Jerri Thompson, Fred, Gen. Pacepa

Entelechy on September 10, 2007 at 11:50 PM

Oh snap. I’d love to see Pacepa interviewed; his columns on NRO are awesome. I’ve always wondered what he’d be like in person. He’d be a goldmine on the terrorist mindset too; apparently he had a lot of contacts. It would be like celebrity soap dish on all the great horrors of the 60′s and 70′s.

austinnelly on September 11, 2007 at 1:17 AM

We’ve already done interviews with Duncan Hunter and Newt Gingrich.

Michelle on September 11, 2007 at 12:28 AM

12:28 AM? Dang girl, you got jet lag?

- The Cat

P.S. Must interview Tay Zonday, A robot, and Elisabeth Hasselbeck

MirCat on September 11, 2007 at 1:22 AM

Add Ann Coulter and Mary K. Hamm to the mix and do a Sunday Morning Show – “The Right View.”

Hey, this is America and we can still dream can’t we?

Wuptdo on September 11, 2007 at 2:22 AM

Got any suggestions of your own for Vent topics or interviews?

I’m still waiting for the firing range episode.

RedWinged Blackbird on September 11, 2007 at 5:46 AM

If you could work the incomparable Mark Steyn into the mix that would be AWESOME !!!

Plus as much Laura, Michelle, and Mary Katharine as you can squeeze in…. (ooh, I am bad!!)

Always Right on September 11, 2007 at 7:33 AM

We interviewed Mark Steyn. Here.

Michelle on September 11, 2007 at 9:19 AM

Azdan beat me to it. An interview with Ayaan Hirsi Ali would be the crown jewel of HotAir.

Also’d like to see Bridgette Gabrielle.

Tony737 on September 11, 2007 at 9:55 AM

Power to The Ingrahammer!

Regular Vents by Laura and other fav commentators would be great.

petefrt on September 11, 2007 at 10:11 AM

You ladies are fantastic……..

Now just add the male side like Dennis Miller and Mark Steyn and you’ve got the makings of a weekly “Conservative VIEW”. Think about it. There would be tough commentary mixed with lots of humor.

I’m sure Fox would consider it. Lord knows they need to shore up their weekend offerings. I know I wouldn’t miss a show.

Ernest on September 11, 2007 at 11:03 AM

We’ve already done interviews with Duncan Hunter and Newt Gingrich.

Michelle on September 11, 2007 at 12:28 AM

We interviewed Mark Steyn. Here.

Michelle on September 11, 2007 at 9:19 AM

Might I suggest a link/tab/thing/dohickie for an interview section.

- The Cat

P.S. Might I? Hmm looks like I just did actually.

MirCat on September 11, 2007 at 11:53 AM

I second Bridgette Gabrielle. Excellent Tony737 !

azdan on September 11, 2007 at 12:53 PM

Ditto on Zell, Pacepa & Sowell! Would also love to see Steyn become a regular guest.

RD on September 11, 2007 at 2:03 PM