Transcript: Osama Bin Laden, socialist icon; Update: Partial Osama video added; Update: Osama hiding in Chitral, Pakistan?

posted at 4:04 pm on September 7, 2007 by Allahpundit

Too sweet to bury at the end of the earlier post. This is from pages 3 and 4 of NBC’s transcript. Enjoy — but not too much — and stand by for updates.

osama3.png

Update: The full video allegedly runs 25 minutes but here’s what’s floating around right now.

Update: Read the full transcript and you’ll see that Bin Laden refers at one point to media coverage of a U.S. soldier named “Joshua” complaining about his tour of duty. Newsbusters thinks that came from an ABC report.

Update: Verrrry interesting.

As Osama bin Laden urges Americans to convert to Islam in a new video released Friday, the al Qaeda leader’s location remains a mystery.

But informed sources tell CBS News U.S. intelligence believes Osama bin Laden is hiding out in the Chitral district of northern Pakistan. A number of reports from human sources, including some alleged sightings, have put him there, reports CBS News national security correspondent David Martin.

None of the reports has been independently confirmed, but there are enough of them to persuade intelligence analysts that it’s his most likely location.

Chitral is a remote, rugged area governed by tribes that will not allow even the Pakistani army to operate there.

“They have a code of hospitality for guests, and they’ve probably also gotten a fair amount of money from bin Laden,” says Daniel Benjamin of the Brookings Institute, who tracked bin Laden during the Clinton administration…

Last year, a U.S. missile strike narrowly missed Zawahiri after the CIA tracked him to a meeting of senior al Qaeda operatives south of Chitral. Al Qaeda seems willing to risk Zawahiri in order to protect bin Laden.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I think Osama has recruited some folks at DU, Daily Kos and the Huffington Post to write copy for him.

cool breeze on September 7, 2007 at 4:08 PM

Truly a love letter to the American Left. I see a surge of Islamic converts coming.

AZCON on September 7, 2007 at 4:09 PM

AP you aren’t doing this right.

Clearly, you need to provide the quote. Find a democrat saying the identical (or very similar thing). And say “convergence” at the end. More time involved; but more bang for the buck.

lorien1973 on September 7, 2007 at 4:10 PM

He’s for low taxes though… or is he trying to say that all of America’s tax cuts are only for the rich?

frankj on September 7, 2007 at 4:10 PM

What, no mandatory preventative care?

pedestrian on September 7, 2007 at 4:10 PM

Blair’s Law:

The ongoing process by which the world’s multiple idiocies are becoming one giant, useless force.

Niko on September 7, 2007 at 4:10 PM

Read it all
“Convert or Die” takes 6 pages
Everything but Islamic Rule is unacceptable.

tomg51 on September 7, 2007 at 4:11 PM

This is too funny.
Are we sure Karl Rove didn’t write this?
ha

bridgetown on September 7, 2007 at 4:11 PM

How is this evidence that the man is still alive?

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on September 7, 2007 at 4:11 PM

Those OBL T-shirts are making their way through the screeners.

Editor on September 7, 2007 at 4:12 PM

Well, he does mention Sarkozy so that’s pretty recent, isnt it?

lorien1973 on September 7, 2007 at 4:12 PM

This reminds me of “Springtime for Hitler”!

AZCON on September 7, 2007 at 4:12 PM

How is this evidence that the man is still alive?

Read the full transcript. He mentions Sarkozy, Gordon Brown, etc.

Allahpundit on September 7, 2007 at 4:13 PM

Anyone know if there is video matching the spoken words?

tomg51 on September 7, 2007 at 4:13 PM

In another part of the transcript, Osama seems to cast doubt over his involvement in 9-11.
Osama Bin Laden: The new Thruther Mascot.

VolMagic on September 7, 2007 at 4:14 PM

Well, he does mention Sarkozy so that’s pretty recent, isnt it?

lorien1973 on September 7, 2007 at 4:12 PM

It’s not clear whether the video is just audio overlay or actual video yet. This could all be a really bad deception.

Editor on September 7, 2007 at 4:14 PM

has the lefts reacted/spun this yet?

jp on September 7, 2007 at 4:14 PM

Damn. Is he going to participate in the next Dem debate?

BacaDog on September 7, 2007 at 4:14 PM

This is too funny.
Are we sure Karl Rove didn’t write this?
ha

bridgetown on September 7, 2007 at 4:11 PM

I was thinking Hugo Chavez or Ron Paul.

Connie on September 7, 2007 at 4:14 PM

VolMagic on September 7, 2007 at 4:14 PM

No, he doesn’t. He is saying that by us calling ourselves innocent; we are as innocent as him on 9/11. The point here is that we are not innocent and neither is he.

lorien1973 on September 7, 2007 at 4:15 PM

Read the full transcript. He mentions Sarkozy, Gordon Brown, etc.

Allahpundit on September 7, 2007 at 4:13 PM

Sorry. I wasn’t clear.

What I meant was how is this evidence that he wrote it, as opposed to someone who’s alive?

With an implicit joke that no one who believes this is sentient.

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on September 7, 2007 at 4:16 PM

I wonder if he is pro choice and for universal health care too.

krabbas on September 7, 2007 at 4:16 PM

It’s a TRANSCRIPT.

Editor on September 7, 2007 at 4:17 PM

This man is evil incarnate, he is at least the envoy of the Anti-Christ. America be forewarned that his aim is to destroy that which he sees that best respresents the stronghold of Christianity and the Gospel which is the USA even as faithless of a shell as it is today. He has no intention of co-existing with us or anything not under Islam. Liberal America be forewarned, they will destroy you first.

apostle53 on September 7, 2007 at 4:18 PM

Then you claim to be innocent! The innocence of yours is like my innocence of the blood of your sons on the 11th — were I to claim such a thing.”

Gotcha Lorien.
It looked to me like the “were I to claim such a thing” was referring to the “blood of your sons on the 11th” instead of the “innocence.” My bad.

VolMagic on September 7, 2007 at 4:18 PM

I wonder if he is pro choice and for universal health care too.

krabbas on September 7, 2007 at 4:16 PM

He’s definitely pro 2nd Amendment!

AZCON on September 7, 2007 at 4:18 PM

Well, there was some talk by the nutroots that there wasn’t a strong enough candidate to oppose Hillary who was for immediate withdrawal. Too bad for them Obama Osama wasn’t born in the US.

pedestrian on September 7, 2007 at 4:22 PM

It’s a TRANSCRIPT.

Editor on September 7, 2007 at 4:17 PM

Of someone who’s supposedly Bin Laden, which strikes me as the big question.

I should just shut up now.

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on September 7, 2007 at 4:22 PM

He blasts Hollywood? I guess this means he’s not a Jack Bauer fan?

Connie on September 7, 2007 at 4:24 PM

“There are no taxes in Islam,”

Hell, he should have led with that!

there it is on September 7, 2007 at 4:24 PM

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on September 7, 2007 at 4:22 PM

I’m with you. Want to see Arabic video with his lips moving. Otherwise- bah!

JiangxiDad on September 7, 2007 at 4:25 PM

I call BS. The videos before this (I mean 2001 and before), he talked about the caliphate and terror as a means to an end. Do I really think that Osama suddenly has changed his tune to include Global Warming, taxes, and a fiefdom? Rove must really be working over time to put this sort of inane crap out.
FYI – I’m kidding about the Rove part, about the rest, not so much.
I don’t care how they claim it’s the transcript and it’s definitely Osama – until I actually see him crying to Barbara Walters on 20/20 or The View, I don’t really honestly think that Osama’s still alive and kicking.

mjk on September 7, 2007 at 4:25 PM

It’s a TRANSCRIPT.

Editor on September 7, 2007 at 4:17 PM

Huh?

Buy Danish on September 7, 2007 at 4:26 PM

He had me at the 2.5% tax rate, then lost me right away.

You know what’d be really cool? To have some random guy read this to two groups of people (don’t tell them who wrote it):

Conservative and Liberal

And have Luntz do one of those focus groups like they do during the debates. Results would be not too surprising I’m sure.

lorien1973 on September 7, 2007 at 4:26 PM

Wow, so when do we see hipster douches walking around in red Osama t-shirts?

Bad Candy on September 7, 2007 at 4:26 PM

Of someone who’s supposedly Bin Laden, which strikes me as the big question.

I should just shut up now.

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on September 7, 2007 at 4:22 PM

No, I agree this isn’t yet evidence that he is alive. Like I said earlier, it’s still not clear if there is actual video of his mouth moving or if it’s partial/complete audio overlay of someone talking.

Until the video is released I’m saying it’s bunk, myself.

Editor on September 7, 2007 at 4:27 PM

Wow, so when do we see hipster douches walking around in red Osama t-shirts?

Bad Candy on September 7, 2007 at 4:26 PM

You mean something like this?

Niko on September 7, 2007 at 4:28 PM

It’s a TRANSCRIPT.

Editor on September 7, 2007 at 4:17 PM

The White House confirmed it had the video, IIRC.

amerpundit on September 7, 2007 at 4:30 PM

Wow, it seems that Al Gore has been making new friends, he now has Osama Bin Laden on his side rooting for us to sign onto the Kyoto treaty. And Al Gore and Osama even share the same worldview in that they both promote socialism. Did you see how Osama says we Americans need to remove ourselves from the “shackles” of our Capitalist system.

I wouldn’t be surprised is Osama was buying carbon offsets from Al in order to keep his terror campaign 100% carbon neutral. Maybe Al will take Osama with him to the rock concert next time. Friendship is such a wonderful thing.

Maxx on September 7, 2007 at 4:30 PM

What’s odd is that DailyKos hasn’t had a peep about this. Oh, that’s right — Osama is just a CIA front and there is no real war on terror, just a reichstag fire false flag operation to justify the inevitable fascist take-over!!!1!!one!
But otherwise, yeah, the left will gobble this up.

TABoLK on September 7, 2007 at 4:34 PM

The White House confirmed it had the video, IIRC.

amerpundit on September 7, 2007 at 4:30 PM

Yes – i know there is a “video”. The transcript is of the video. That’s what a transcript is – a written record of spoken (or signed, i suppose) word.

Editor on September 7, 2007 at 4:34 PM

Are you sure that he has not been demostrating at some of the WTO meetings. Sounds a lot like that bunch of fruitcakes.

conservnut on September 7, 2007 at 4:34 PM

“There are no taxes in Islam,”

Hell, he should have led with that!

there it is on September 7, 2007 at 4:24 PM

I guess he forgot about the jizya tax.

Unless he doesn’t count that because it’s just a tax that Muslims put on everyone else that has the audacity not to believe as they do.

JadeNYU on September 7, 2007 at 4:34 PM

The White House confirmed it had the video, IIRC.

amerpundit on September 7, 2007 at 4:30 PM

Yeah, there is a video. Just not sure about the sound part. Trust but verify. Whats IIRC

JiangxiDad on September 7, 2007 at 4:35 PM

Sorry, I meant to say G-8 meetings

conservnut on September 7, 2007 at 4:35 PM

One thing gets me…There’s always these warnings (under the “not too much” link above) about us being told to expect an imminent attack. But when the US has been attacked, 9/11 and prior overseas, there was never a “heads up” so to speak.

That, and every time they say to expect something, it never comes to fruition.

JetBoy on September 7, 2007 at 4:36 PM

Well, the DUers have their take on it, naturally…

CP on September 7, 2007 at 4:36 PM

How long will it take till we see some pictures of this muppet’s dead corpse with US Solders around it with smiles as big as dinner plates?

MadisonConservative on September 7, 2007 at 4:36 PM

PS: I still say that is not Osama in that tape. It’s someone else.

JetBoy on September 7, 2007 at 4:37 PM

….it is a system harsher and fiercer than your systems of the Middle Ages.

I guess he would know since that is where he seems to be living.

Mallard T. Drake on September 7, 2007 at 4:38 PM

I still think he’s been taking a dirt nap since around 2003, and this is why. If you were Osama, and you know that nothing would drive Bush and the US crazy more than bragging how you’ve avoided death and capture, why wouldn’t he do something in a video or picture that could show beyond a reasonable doubt that he’s alive? Think Midnight Run with Charles Grodin and Deniro: there’s a scene where the other bounty hunter has Grodin hold up a current newspaper showing that he’s alive and in Vegas. If Osama came out and did something along these lines I would believe he is still alive, but I’m not prepared to believe that a grainy audio/video tape, one that could be easily manipulated, that refers to freaking Chomsky, that tries to hit every partisan talking point, is Osama himself.

Osama being the media freak he is wouldn’t have to do anything special to prove he’s alive, and I believe if he was he would have done so already.

He hasn’t, I think he’s still dead.

Tman on September 7, 2007 at 4:38 PM

I think this is his attempt to pre-spin the Bush Petraeus report. Maybe he consulted with Schmucky Schumer while writing his draft.

Mallard T. Drake on September 7, 2007 at 4:39 PM

CP on September 7, 2007 at 4:36 PM

And they’re sane as always:

6. OBL is being paid off to make these videos

He’s been making them for profit ever since the one he made in November 04. They’re timing these things. BushCo needs OBL, OBL needs BuschCo. Simple as that.

18. Osama is clearly just doing these for the money now

I mean, this video is artistically bankrupt. It has none of the gravitas or emotion of his previous work.

Two thumbs way down.

33. This is laughable, and panders to the

sheeple’s worst fears about the dangers of Islam. And how convenient that it arrives just a few days before the bogus “Petraeus” (spelled C-H-E-N-E-Y) report warns that if we don’t stay in Iraq indefinitely we’ll be fighting those same Islamic extremists over here. It’s embarrassing that they think they can still pawn this shit off on a fearful public.

amerpundit on September 7, 2007 at 4:41 PM

Oh, and of course we can’t forget this guy, whose Avatar is Kucinich 08 logo.

20. He does this for the same reason Iran does, to improve the
chances of right wing nut job fascists in elections. This is to punish the American people with this type of rule and it works. Iran worked to get Reagan elected with the hostage crisis while Jimmy Carter was in charge. Once Reagan took over, mission accomplished and they let the hostages go.

amerpundit on September 7, 2007 at 4:43 PM

Somewhere the great Kos,
Joyed by this glorious script,
Felt his weiner move.

natesnake on September 7, 2007 at 4:44 PM

Am I the only one who wishes we’d just stop listening to him? Let the White House, CIA, and FBI analyze the tape for whatever information they can get, and then be done with it. It makes me sick that the media is perfectly willing to give this Satan incarnate a forum. Couldn’t we at least get the President to say “We are done listening to you, mass murdering monster”?

And, in case you were wondering, I did indeed enjoy my vacation to the land of Oz. You should go sometime, the weather’s lovely.

(I can take some solace in the fact that these are Democratic talking points all the way. “Question their patriotism” indeed.)

Hawkins1701 on September 7, 2007 at 4:45 PM

Holy cow. He sounds just like Bernie Sanders, Al Franken, John Edwards, [insert favorite socialist icon here], et al…

Hoodlumman on September 7, 2007 at 4:46 PM

amerpundit on September 7, 2007 at 4:43 PM

But #22 had a good post. Said it sounded like a Kos keynote speech. Ha!

lorien1973 on September 7, 2007 at 4:47 PM

Thanks for noting those typical unhinged posts, amerpundit.

It is great timing, as I’m currently well into Michelle’s “Unhinged”. They gel perfectly with the material from that book.

The kooks will just never change, will they?

Hawkins1701 on September 7, 2007 at 4:47 PM

natesnake on September 7, 2007 at 4:44 PM

good one.

AZCON on September 7, 2007 at 4:48 PM

sobering video

JiangxiDad on September 7, 2007 at 4:49 PM

“… Oh, and Death to America!”

Mazztek on September 7, 2007 at 4:49 PM

With all the communications experts we have and all the technology why the heck doesn’t the CIA CGI a beenie cap on this guy and broadcast it live into the ME every friggin day? Bust into ‘All My Harems’ with ‘Whopppp-Whooppp-Whooop-Whooop-Whooooop” the last five minutes of each episode?

Those electrons are cheap, and besides, Laugh-in-ing these cavemen would keep the traffic up.

Limerick on September 7, 2007 at 4:49 PM

At about 1:42 there is a clear edit break… and then at 2:00 the video stops?

Editor on September 7, 2007 at 4:49 PM

Here’s another good DU post to add to amerpundit’s list. In this one OBL is working with BushCo. hahahahahha

28. Is There A Koranic Scholar In The House?

Bin Laden Is a fundamentalist just like the fundies in our country. Who is to say they might even be working in concert after so many years, by forming an alliance that gives them a chance at increasing their profit margin. This type of a hijacking of religion fundamentalism should be called out on all sides as disgusting. And I consider myself an atheist but can see a fakir and a faker when they are both evident.

Something Stinks!!

Bush and Bin Laden are business partners- Does this Convert?

Mallard T. Drake on September 7, 2007 at 4:50 PM

Osama, baby, you look and sound like crap.

amerpundit on September 7, 2007 at 4:50 PM

Now that I have seen the vid, I think it’s a double.

AZCON on September 7, 2007 at 4:51 PM

sorry, the edit break was at 1:39

Editor on September 7, 2007 at 4:53 PM

Ha-hah! The liberals are going ape-shit in the comments to the ABC News article. The emerging consensus among them seems to be that this obviously phony video is part of the neo-conservative, right-wing, corporate conspiracy to convince the American sheeple to continue supporting Bushitler’s war for oil!

SWLiP on September 7, 2007 at 4:56 PM

What’s funny is the DU’sters realize it’s their talking points and won’t say it, they just blame Bush. Such a sorry, predictable bunch of losers.

pedestrian on September 7, 2007 at 4:58 PM

CP on September 7, 2007 at 4:36 PM

Did you see this one?

OldTymeDem
22. I dunno, it sounded like a YearlyKos convention speech

Edited on Fri Sep-07-07 03:58 PM by OldTymeDem
“People of America: the world is following your news in regards to your invasion of Iraq, for people have recently come to know that, after several years of tragedies of this war, the vast majority of you want it stopped. Thus, you elected the Democratic Party for this purpose, but the Democrats haven’t made a move worth mentioning. On the contrary, they continue to agree to the spending of tens of billions to continue the killing and war there.”

Obviously this is a BushCo planted video…

If it was real perhaps Kos ought to invite him to give the keynote speech next year!

Guardian on September 7, 2007 at 4:58 PM

I question the timing! (smirk)

Has anyone seen Tay Zonday and the Big O together?

Hmmm…I will keep looking at the video, but I still question the timing.

Brian on September 7, 2007 at 5:01 PM

He said “the war between us.” He missed the lib talking point. The war is the USA attacking the freedom fighters of Iraq. Doesn’t he know that AQ doesn’t exist in Iraq. He needs to get his message straight.

Mallard T. Drake on September 7, 2007 at 5:03 PM

I admit that a killer anti dem political ad coud be made of this

Just think putting Murtha and Osama side by side and saying the same thing !

William Amos on September 7, 2007 at 5:04 PM

I think Ward Churchill wrote this.

Buy Danish on September 7, 2007 at 5:05 PM

Generalissimo Bin Gone is STILL dead…

Transcript: Osama Bin Laden video from the Grave

PierreLegrand on September 7, 2007 at 5:05 PM

I would have loved it if as he is turning pages he stopped and said, “Page 2, try a sleep comfort bed tonight.”

………………………………..Good day.

Mallard T. Drake on September 7, 2007 at 5:05 PM

The left wing/islamoterror alliance has never been more transparent.

Valiant on September 7, 2007 at 5:08 PM

Fred thompson. “Osama in Afganistan isnt the threat its Al Qaeda in America we must worry about”

The former Tennessee senator and actor argued that “bin Laden is more symbolism than anything else. I think it demonstrates to people once again that we’re in a global war.”

Thompson said the al-Qaida leader and the Iraq war must be seen as part of the larger war on terrorism.

“It’s one that bin Laden and people like him are heading up and we need to catch him and we surely need to deal with him, but if he disappeared tomorrow we still have this problem. If Iraq disappeared tomorrow, we’d still have this problem,” Thompson said.

William Amos on September 7, 2007 at 5:08 PM

I wonder if he is pro choice and for universal health care too.

According to Senator Patty Murray, OBL has constructed quite a few day care centers. (She never did explain why women who aren’t allowed to leave their homes without a male escort need them, but I digress.) Surely abortion clinics and universal health care can’t be too far behind.

Bigfoot on September 7, 2007 at 5:08 PM

Baawwwaaaaaahhhhh

Turban Durban GREAT TIMING !

No more Iraq funds without limits: key Democrat By Susan Cornwell

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The No. 2 Democrat in the U.S. Senate said on Friday he could no longer vote for funding the war in Iraq unless restrictions were attached that would begin winding down American involvement there.

“This Congress can’t give President (George W.) Bush another blank check for Iraq,” said Assistant Majority Leader Dick Durbin, who has always opposed the war but until now voted to fund it.

“I can’t support an open-ended appropriation which allows this president to continue this failed policy,” he said in a speech at the left-leaning Center for National Policy.

Durbin, from Illinois, said he and Democratic Sen. Russ Feingold of Wisconsin were working on limits that could be attached to the next war funding bill, such as limiting troops to conducting counterterrorism operations and training Iraqi security forces.

“I believe Congress should strictly tie future funding for the war in Iraq to a new role for our troops there,” he said.

William Amos on September 7, 2007 at 5:11 PM

Well, the DUers have their take on it, naturally…

CP on September 7, 2007 at 4:36 PM

I like this one the most:

7. It’s so thoughtful of Osama to repeat Republican talking points.

He’s really been a good friend to George.

Uh…what?

flipflop on September 7, 2007 at 5:12 PM

The DU is a riot right now! This one was great. It was the voice of reason for a minute and then right at the end tailed off to predictable nutville:

“Sorry, but he does sound like a Democrat
He’s pissed that the Democratic Congress hasnt ended the war as promised..Something that is repeated here daily. He is also concerned about Global Warming and the mortgage crisis…So obviously BushCo has fabricated this video to make the Dems look bad.”

Zetterson on September 7, 2007 at 5:26 PM

Sounds like he’s asking us to quit.

LtE126 on September 7, 2007 at 5:28 PM

Observations:

His mustache is trimmed ( I know because I trim mine in the same style)
His beard is trimmed – even
His right eye is finiky (usually caused by a medical ailment, or he just got some of that arabian dust in his eye… or he really has a lazy eyelid problem)
He is wearing a white undershirt
He taps his left ring finger numerous times, indiacting that his speech is rehearsed several times, possible even written in congunction with others.
He has a napkin or what appears to be such near his right hand.

The video and audio are on two seperate tracks, leading me to believe he isn’t really saying what appears in the textual captioning. Do we have a urdu/arabic lip reader in the house? Plus they have failry good equipment, probably stolen or donated from some arabic language television.

The video also is edited so at one point the video jerks a bit, as if clips were spliced and put together.

The lighting comes from overhead and possibly other sources but most likely only overhead and … filmed probably during the daytime so the sun can occlud the artificial light.

PresidenToor on September 7, 2007 at 5:30 PM

Still radio silence on dailykos. With all those Al Qaeda sites down they have no way of getting their talking points.

pedestrian on September 7, 2007 at 5:30 PM

More Observations:

His skin tone is different, not because the video quality is better but either because he is wearing makeup, he’s been out in the sun, or the lighting is a browner darker tone.

His body movement and hand gesturing is subdued compared to his earlier videos, albeit this is a shorter clip, suggests that he is either weaker physcially or pretty well rehearsed.

The oddity of his right eye and the lame movements of his body may also suggest he is taking medication.

PresidenToor on September 7, 2007 at 5:37 PM

PresidenToor on September 7, 2007 at 5:37 PM

Thanks for the observations. Interesting.

terryannonline on September 7, 2007 at 5:39 PM

Not only is OBL alive, he’s campaigning for the hearts and minds of our beloved Left. Keep up the good fight Leftards, you’ve got OBL on your side!

CliffHanger on September 7, 2007 at 6:01 PM

Bush Mulls Bin Laden Offer to Convert to Islam

Connie on September 7, 2007 at 5:40 PM

ROFL!

flipflop on September 7, 2007 at 6:07 PM

The left is going to comletely gloss over his calls for us to convert or die when they read this.

BadgerHawk on September 7, 2007 at 6:08 PM