Zogby poll: 42% of Democrats think Bush either caused 9/11 or let it happen

posted at 3:46 pm on September 6, 2007 by Allahpundit

I guess we should be grateful it’s not a clear majority, eh? You can thank the turds at 9/11 Truth for commissioning the poll; SLC spotted it earlier and has since been digesting the numbers. Spend some time with the data, paying special attention to question 402 starting on page 5 of the PDF. The results run on for several pages as Zogby breaks it down by age, region, religious belief, even gun ownership. The data for party affiliation comes on page 8. Here’s the most interesting bit, though, which I’ve taken the liberty of screencapping and highlighting. Click for large size:

zog002.png

The left has been downright giddy about its stranglehold on the youth vote, but note well the caliber of voter they’re attracting there. Note the result for Hispanics, too. I suspect there’s a fair amount of disgruntlement over unrelated issues, i.e. immigration, bleeding over into perceptions of 9/11 here, maybe not unlike many on the right extrapolating from the Clintons’ general loathsomeness that they must have had Vince Foster whacked. As for the data on Asians, though, I’m at a loss as to how to explain it. Is that immigration backlash too? Are they including south Asians, like Pakistanis, in the group? Hmm.

Update: A nice catch by Slublog from page 6. The Ron Paul candidacy explained:

Chose “Made it Happen”
Progressive/Liberal – 6.7%
Moderate – 5.7%
Conservative/Very Conservative – 5.1%
Libertarian – 11.6%

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

These people need to be ridiculed over and over and over and over.

The history channel did a good job with showing both sides of 9/11..debunking the myths methodical and unemotional. Huge props to Popular Mechanics..they stayed factual..hard to debate facts!

Highrise on September 6, 2007 at 10:36 PM

The thing about libertarians believing Bush was responsible seems false to me. Famous libertarians such as Trey Parker & Matt Stone and Penn & Teller all denounce 9/11 conspiracy theorists as “retards”

bentman78 on September 6, 2007 at 10:53 PM

I think a lot of people call themselves Libertarian and don’t really know what it stands for. I know a lot of liberals who support Paul and I’m thinking to myself why? He is pro-gun, anti-welfare, anti-immigration, doesn’t believe in UHC and other socialist programs and wants to lower taxes, those are all things liberals are against so why do they support him so much? If he does get elected I think a lot of liberals will be very upset.
He stated himself he’s not a troofer. My question is why doesn’t he condemn these people? I think it would save him a lot of face if he did. The reason I stopped remotely supporting this guy is because he was hanging around those nutjobs.

bentman78 on September 6, 2007 at 10:55 PM

bentman78 on September 6, 2007 at 10:55 PM

Absolutely right on the money! Most of the people I know they call themselves Libertarians are liberal-commies with a good income

Ropera on September 7, 2007 at 12:04 AM

Why would Bush “let it happen” and then not plant the WMD’s?

He’s either a Machiavellian genius or an assclown.

There are no Machiavellian assclowns.

Except the poll responders.

profitsbeard on September 7, 2007 at 3:03 AM

Why would Bush “let it happen” and then not plant the WMD’s?

He’s either a Machiavellian genius or an assclown.

There are no Machiavellian assclowns.

Except the poll responders.

profitsbeard on September 7, 2007 at 3:03 AM

Heh heh heh yea thats a point that makes the truthers sputter and turn blue in the face gasping for air…

doriangrey on September 7, 2007 at 10:33 AM

Paranoia we destroy ya. Even my father-in-law, once a justice department lawyer, and the last person I would ever expect to take a wooden nickel, was going on about “wire-tapping.” I responded that it is not “wire-tapping,” and that that was just spin to make is seem Nixonian, as if Bush were spying on political enemies. “How do we know he’s not?” he replied. My jaw hit the floor. My sober, shrewd father-in-law, always measured in his opinions and utterances sounding like a Koskid? Once I was able to get all the pieces of my mouth back together, I said, “You know, there are aliens lying in the bushes all around the house right now, listening to every word we say, dont’ you?” “Oh don’t be ridiculous,” he said. “Prove they’re not,” was my response. End of conversation.

Once you get into that paranoid mindset, which is so contagious, “that’s what they want you to think,” the shadowy “they” being a nearly standard usage among the teen and college set, you’ll believe anything.

smellthecoffee on September 7, 2007 at 1:05 PM

“Prove they’re not,” was my response. End of conversation.

smellthecoffee on September 7, 2007 at 1:05 PM