Arrogant illegal alien felon demanding return to the US

posted at 12:15 pm on September 5, 2007 by Bryan

Evidently, niceties like national sovereignty and laws mean nada to Miss Arellano:

The Mexican government said Tuesday it is talking with U.S. officials about whether a deported illegal entrant and activist could return to the United States.

The entrant, Elvira Arellano, was arrested and sent back to her native Mexico last month after taking refuge in a Chicago church for a year to avoid a deportation order.

Mexican Foreign Secretary Patricia Espinosa said she approached U.S. authorities on Arellano’s behalf after the 32-year-old activist asked Mexican President Felipe Calderon to help her return to the United States legally as a “peace and justice” ambassador…

Arellano said she would not back down from her request and was angered that Mexico was seeking a U.S. visa, adding that the Mexican government should not have to ask permission to send her north of the border.

“I’m not asking for any visa,” she said. “I want a diplomatic post as ambassador of peace and justice, and I won’t accept anything less.”

Yeah, she’s beyond arrogant to be demanding anything, but she’s only following the sentiments that Presidente Calderon himself expressed.

“Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico.”

And if that’s true, Calderon could appoint her “peace and justice” ambassador to the US whether we like it or not.

Of course, it’s not true, and Mexico can’t legally appoint her an ambassador of anything to the US without our permission. But I wouldn’t be surprised if they try.

Comments

Yes, but have a sinking feeling that somehow there’s a special place being created for her right here on the East side of Manhattan.

JiangxiDad on September 5, 2007 at 12:19 PM

Why would the need an Ambassador? They own the US, don’t they?

stonemeister on September 5, 2007 at 12:21 PM

The only way she should be allowed back is if its to serve a prison sentence and then be deported again when her sentence has been served.

doriangrey on September 5, 2007 at 12:21 PM

Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico.

Hmmm… Perhaps we could edit that slightly in Calderon’s case to “Where is the Mexican? There, in Mexico.”

morganfrost on September 5, 2007 at 12:21 PM

That’s what I was thinking – the UN would be more than happy to add (another) America-basher to its roster.

Slublog on September 5, 2007 at 12:22 PM

To borrow a famous line from Burgess Meredith in “Grumpy Old Men”……………

“Well, you can wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which one gets filled first.”

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on September 5, 2007 at 12:29 PM

I’ve never struck a woman before, but if she were to raise that fist in MY face, I would make an exception, the illegal wench!

MNDavenotPC on September 5, 2007 at 12:29 PM

Boy, she really wants her oompa loompa and she wants it NOW!!!

bbz123 on September 5, 2007 at 12:31 PM

Mexico has two options …

1. Pursue her entry into the US and foment even more disdain for illegals, making the job of Congress even easier.

or

2. Explain to Elvira exactly what her station in life is, and how quickly that station can be downgraded.

darwin on September 5, 2007 at 12:31 PM

To allow this woman to re-enter our country with diplomatic status would be insane. This troublemaker needs to be kept off our soil.

Maxx on September 5, 2007 at 12:32 PM

This stratagem was hatched here in the U.S. by seditious activists. Mexico, DO NOT DO THIS. Oh and by the way, I am an official Ambassador of Goodwill to Mexico.

RushBaby on September 5, 2007 at 12:32 PM

It is as though this is a test case to determine the level of compliance.

I thought she said that she had no interest in returning. She wouldn’t be foolin’ us, would she?

drjohn on September 5, 2007 at 12:32 PM

She’s like the Sheehan of the immigration movement…gah.

emmaline1138 on September 5, 2007 at 12:34 PM

I mean *illegal immigration* movement.

emmaline1138 on September 5, 2007 at 12:34 PM

Well I guess we know how to say Cindy Sheehan in Spanish now!

LakeRuins on September 5, 2007 at 12:34 PM

I demand to be a citizen of france, germany and UK. I also demand full unemployment benefits in all 3 countries.

lorien1973 on September 5, 2007 at 12:35 PM

Illegal entrant?

JammieWearingFool on September 5, 2007 at 12:35 PM

Screw her…this only makes my desire to deport the illegals even stronger.

Pam on September 5, 2007 at 12:36 PM

I won’t accept anything less.”

What is it about entitlement we just don’t get?

Speakup on September 5, 2007 at 12:37 PM

She looks more and more like Hugo Chavez.

Are they related?

profitsbeard on September 5, 2007 at 12:38 PM

I cringe whenever I hear anybody outside of law enforcement or the court system talk about “justice,” because in most other contexts it’s slang for “gimme.”

Sean M. on September 5, 2007 at 12:39 PM

Maybe Bush should appoint her as an ambassador and send her to some godforsaken outpost.

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on September 5, 2007 at 12:41 PM

And I demand she grow some eyebrows!

Edzackery on September 5, 2007 at 12:41 PM

Please keep talking, Elivra, you arrogant illegal alien social security fraud committing absconder … you are making the case for enforcement and against amnesty as good or better than any of us could.

thirteen28 on September 5, 2007 at 12:43 PM

I wish to hold up three fingers to her face, and say “Leído entre las líneas, perra”.

Bigfoot on September 5, 2007 at 12:44 PM

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on September 5, 2007 at 12:41 PM

I hear Barrow, Alaska is beautiful this time of year.

amerpundit on September 5, 2007 at 12:46 PM

Pinche puta sin valor.

infidel4life on September 5, 2007 at 12:46 PM

I have just two words for Elvira, but I’m too much of a lady to say them.

You know what they are.

I wonder how you say them in Spanish?

Pulchritudinous Patriot on September 5, 2007 at 12:47 PM

Let’s just not, okay? Why give the left ammunition?

Slublog on September 5, 2007 at 12:47 PM

She gives new meaning to “bad penny”.

jdkchem on September 5, 2007 at 12:47 PM

Of course our government representatives will capitulate and kow tow to Mexico, to Calderon, and to Elvira Arellano.

US citizens are second class citizens when compared to accomodating the likes of Calderon, Elvira Arellano, CAIR, Muslim “Holy Men,” including those who are tied to Islamic Jihadi violence and murder, and others.

To rephrase, I will not be surprised when (not if) our nation succumbs to these demands and sticks a thumb into the eye of those of us who find this abhorrent.

William

William2006 on September 5, 2007 at 12:48 PM

Like I said on an earlier thread, the U.S. Congress has plenary power over immigration to this country and can exclude immigrants for any reason whatsoever, even in ways that are manifestly unfair. There is really nothing the Executive or the Courts can do about it. If either the President or a Judge attempts to thwart the will of Congress in this case, I would consider it a Constitutional Crisis.

That being said, it wouldn’t surprise me if the Bush administration lets her back in, or a court orders her to be admitted, and no one lifts a finger to stop it. It seems that no one (especially judges) take Constitutional Separation of Powers very seriously these days.

jaime on September 5, 2007 at 12:51 PM

Sean M. on September 5, 2007 at 12:39 PM

That is a fantastic point. BTW, IIRC, a citizen’s arrest is applicable only in a felony situation, yes? If the Bush administration allows this, and it’s even money at this point, I think it’s time for an uprising like the one a few months ago.

bikermailman on September 5, 2007 at 12:54 PM

I have just two words for Elvira, but I’m too much of a lady to say them.

You know what they are.

Pulchritudinous Patriot on September 5, 2007 at 12:47 PM

Good day?

I wonder how you say them in Spanish?

Pulchritudinous Patriot on September 5, 2007 at 12:47 PM

That would be “buenos dias.”

Elvira Arellano and Cindy Sheehan should sit at tea together and exchange recipes and discuss panty hose or something. They both appear to be drawn from the same cloth. They could include Rosie O’Donnel and some of the people from CAIR and have a gab fest in which they discuss their tactics for demanding things of the US and her citizens.

William

William2006 on September 5, 2007 at 12:56 PM

two observations:

1. if you are trying to portray yourself as a sympathetic figure, scowling into the camera like a reconquista lunatic and shaking your “angry righteous” fist at The Gringos is probably not such a good way to go, and,

2. i have a bad feeling that the President, in consult with Condi Rice and Karen Hughes, will soon let this woman back into the country as a gesture of goodwill.

Mike D. on September 5, 2007 at 12:58 PM

I guess Elvira t-shirts will be coming soon.

BTW Elvira, how’s your son doing?

moonsbreath on September 5, 2007 at 12:59 PM

two observations:

Mike D. on September 5, 2007 at 12:58 PM

Excellent points, Mike D.!

I expect our President, and other representatives, to capitulate as well.

Damned the US citizenry! Bend over backward for the illegals, the arrogant, and even for Islam, and stick it to the US populace!

It is the culturally correct thing to do.

William

William2006 on September 5, 2007 at 1:04 PM

Keep that arrogant dolt in Mexico where she belongs.

rplat on September 5, 2007 at 1:10 PM

BTW Elvira, how’s your son doing?

Ouch! She seems as concerned for her son’s welfare as his “father” does. What’s next, the father demanding the post of “Anchor Baby Ombudsman”?

BigAnge on September 5, 2007 at 1:10 PM

Stick a burrito in it, sister

Hening on September 5, 2007 at 1:12 PM

“Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico.” Hmmm… perhaps el Presidente Calderon should have Mexico’s equivalent of the IRS send tax bills to the millions of legal immigrants to our country because they’re still Mexican? Los Angeles would explode, I’m sure. Such an exercise would show him the craziness of his statement.

As for Ms. Arellano, since when does hiding from justice for a year inside a church qualify one to be a peace and justice ambassador?

flutejpl on September 5, 2007 at 1:13 PM

I have just two words for Elvira, but I’m too much of a lady to say them.

You know what they are.

I wonder how you say them in Spanish?

Pulchritudinous Patriot on September 5, 2007 at 12:47 PM

It’s very easy, really. You look her straight in the eyes (or freakishly thin eyebrows), swell your chest full of pride to be an actual American citizen and defiantly scream “Chingate!”

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on September 5, 2007 at 1:13 PM

I strongly encourage more of this behavior on behalf of Mexico and its citizens. The more outraged they are, the more press coverage. The more press coverage, the more exposure they will have to the American public. Every time this sort of stuff gets to the public, it is treated with contempt and disgust.

The exact reaction is the result, and these amnesty advocates are too blind to see that.

Give us more, oh Calderon et al!

Weebork on September 5, 2007 at 1:13 PM

I just realized something!

That photo of Elvira Arellano in the main story heading on the main page here at Hot Air looked familiar.

Didn’t I see her in a movie once?

The movie was the Kevin Costner starring vehicle, “Dances with Wolves,” and the character of Elvira Arellano was called “Stands with a Fist.”

William

William2006 on September 5, 2007 at 1:14 PM

When someone proclaims themselves as being a part of the “peace and justice” movement, their intentions are neither peace nor justice. Just look at history. Those who truly seek peace and justice are the ones who don’t go around seeking it.

reppac122 on September 5, 2007 at 1:20 PM

In a world where everything was in order we would not know who this horrible woman is. Instead, things are so off track that we have American citizens right now, listening to her, sympathyzing with her and agreeing with her. We will have politicians elected by the citizens of the United States siding with her and helping her cause to subvert the laws they swore an oath to enforce. We are living in a backwards time. If we are to straighten it out – ever – now is the time to stand firm and make our logical positions clear to everybody. It would be so easy if we only had a Republican president not arguing on behalf of this terrible woman.

It would be really nice to see our Republican candidates for president make a HUGE example of this woman in tonight’s debate. Come on Tanc, get the ball rolling buddy! Mitt? Now would be the time. Lets go big guy. Rudy? Do you want to put those sanctuary city critisisms behind you? Lets here it!

Together we can justly put this woman into the trashbin of history and close the lid forever. We need our candidates on board though. Are they?

Zetterson on September 5, 2007 at 1:23 PM

I was in a Barbershop owned by a Mexican man who came to the US legally. A Mexican woman came in with her small child who she let run wild. The owner of the shop finally had to tell the child to sit down. The child’s Mother was angry.. not because the child was called down but because the owner said it in English. She told the Mexican owner to speak to her child in Spanish only. He looked at her straight in the eye and said, “I paved the way for your ignorant a$$, you’re in America now, speak English” All I did was laugh.

GoodBoy on September 5, 2007 at 1:26 PM

Mike D. on September 5, 2007 at 12:58 PM

Excellent points, Mike D.!

I expect our President, and other representatives, to capitulate as well.

It is the culturally correct thing to do.

William

William2006 on September 5, 2007 at 1:04 PM

This is like the Elian Gonzalez thing in reverse. Gov’t will want her back in, people will want her out. Guess Dem’s and Rep’s are opposites.

JiangxiDad on September 5, 2007 at 1:28 PM

thirteen28 on September 5, 2007 at 12:43 PM

Screw her…this only makes my desire to deport the illegals even stronger.

Pam on September 5, 2007 at 12:36 PM

Both well said!

VikingGoneWild on September 5, 2007 at 1:33 PM

Slublog on September 5, 2007 at 12:47 PM

Intellectually, I agree with you, but viscerally I’m tired of worrying about what the left “might do” if I push one of them in the figurative mud!

MNDavenotPC on September 5, 2007 at 1:48 PM

legal question… Once someone has been deported, doesn’t the law require a wait of at least 5 years before they can return to the US?

Oh, I forgot. We don’t enforce the damn things anyway.

BacaDog on September 5, 2007 at 1:50 PM

Man I really dislike this woman. Jeesh. Could she be any worse?

Zetterson on September 5, 2007 at 2:00 PM

“Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico.”

Where there is an American, there is freedom, there is opportunity, there is justice, there is generosity, there is the pursuit of happiness.

Kini on September 5, 2007 at 2:01 PM

I really, really want this awful woman to be very disappointed at the end result of all this.

Please, please, please, can anyone with a say in how this plays out show some backbone and refuse her what she wants?

Pretty please? With sugar on it?

Kensington on September 5, 2007 at 2:02 PM

“Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico.”

I stepped in some Mexico not too long ago…it was a boon to our economy because I had to buy new shoes.

James on September 5, 2007 at 2:12 PM

Even if Calderon appointed her as UN ambassador, can’t the US refuse her entry?

BacaDog on September 5, 2007 at 2:13 PM

The only upside to all this is what a burr in the butt she must be for the Mexicans right now. I imagine they are very motivated to get her back out of mexico, to anywhere at this point.

TexasDan on September 5, 2007 at 2:17 PM

What nerve! Hates America, but demands to be here. People think there is too much violence in this world…. my take is that it is not too much, but it is not directed at the right people. Honestly, I could smash her face in.
Arrogant piece of crap.

mag5435 on September 5, 2007 at 2:20 PM

So they finaly are admitting to aliens having crashed in area 51 at Roswell. The photo is remarkable in how a humanoid can appear almost human. And what are those antenea looking things above it’s eye sockets.

sonnyspats1 on September 5, 2007 at 2:22 PM

I won’t accept anything less.”

What is it about entitlement we just don’t get?

Speakup on September 5, 2007 at 12:37 PM

I guess you have to be illegal to get it!(pun intended)

pugsly on September 5, 2007 at 2:24 PM

I am so trying this the next time I deal with one of those uppity customs people. Who do they think they are, anyway?

tikvah on September 5, 2007 at 2:32 PM

I say we should acceed to (most) of her demand.

Give her the diplomatic post as ambassador of peace and justice.

Don’t get her any visa.

Then drop her in North Korea.

KCSteve on September 5, 2007 at 2:43 PM

Fab, where there’s a Mexican, there’s Mexico, huh? Does that work for every country? I’m Canadian. I live in the US (legally). Does that mean this is Canada?

Last year, I was in Egypt, Jordan, and Israel. Can I claim those for Canada? I mean, I was there. Therefore, Canada was there and those lands now belong to Canada.

Ahh, logic.

mjk on September 5, 2007 at 2:48 PM

Mexico has declared War on the USA and Bush does nothing about it except pander to Mexico. Our borders are wide open while Mexican officials deride our laws and sovereignty with impunity as 4,000 illegal Mexican invade our country every day.

President Calderon: declared — quote — “Where there is a Mexican,there is Mexico.”

Calderon: (through translator) I have said that Mexico doesn’t end at the border, that where there is a Mexican, Mexico is there.

As Lou Dobbs stated in his most recent CNN Editorial; Mexican president’s blatant hypocrisy.

“Mexican President Felipe Calderon Sunday demanded the United States surrender its sovereignty, abandon the rule of law and accede to Mexico’s inherent supremacy.”

This is not the first time a Mexican President has declared Reconquista on the United States. Ten Years ago, Ernesto Zedillo stated:

“I have proudly affirmed that the Mexican nation extends beyond the territory enclosed by its borders and that Mexican migrants are an important – a very important – part of it.” (Former Mexican President Ernesto Zedillo at the National Council of La Raza (The Race) Soiree, Chicago on July 23, 1997)

George Bush needs to send 100,000 national Guard to the Mexican border and start enforcing the immigration laws he has ignored for six years. Anything short of an all out offensive, is inviting more illegal immigration from a nation that teaches that we stole the American Southwest from Mexico. Without firing a shot they are invading our country with little or no response from the Bush Administration.

If you think the notion of reconquista is far fetched, I urge you to read some of the comments made by the reconquista crowd in the past.

“Republica del Norte,” the Republic of the North, which would include the present U.S. states of California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, plus southern Colorado, along with several current Mexican states, is “an inevitability.” The new “Hispanic homeland” should be brought into being “by any means necessary.” — Charles Truxillo, professor, University of New Mexico

ScottyDog on September 5, 2007 at 3:09 PM

I’m not interested in Border Security laws…

I DEMAND the right to avoid prosecution for Bank Robbery. I believe that the unjust and unfair prosecution of me should I rob a bank is unacceptable; and expect the Government to give me a permit allowing me to rob bank without fear or punishment or reprisal.

This is how it works, isn’t it? Oh, and once I get my permit, I’ll hit the tip jars of various bloggers more often.

gekkobear on September 5, 2007 at 3:12 PM

Sorry, Elvira. We filled this year’s quota for arrogant, demanding, law-defying, taxpayer-robbing America haters. Next year’s too.

NellE on September 5, 2007 at 3:21 PM

Get lost woman!

aengus on September 5, 2007 at 3:22 PM

I think GWB should appoint me as Justice Ambassador to Mehico.

A li’l one-on-one time with my favorite chica. Should be fun. For me.

Miss_Anthrope on September 5, 2007 at 3:25 PM

What an odd little sequence of events…

Jaibones on September 5, 2007 at 3:27 PM

Give us your poor, your tired, your huddled masses longing to be free… and your insufferably arrogant ingrates.

phile on September 5, 2007 at 3:29 PM

Why can’t she been an ambassador to make Mexico stop being such a corrupt, dysfunctional country whose citizens are escaping en masse?

VolMagic on September 5, 2007 at 3:32 PM

Give it up, Elvira. Your own Presidente says there’s no hope. Wherever you go, it’s Mexico.

NellE on September 5, 2007 at 3:39 PM

Elvira wants disparately to come back because she loves this country and will protect and preserve the USA and our Constitution like every other person who wishes to live here realizes they must.

Right?

Speakup on September 5, 2007 at 3:44 PM

I got three words for y’all.

“Persona non grata”.

Lots of ways governments can play that game.

Chap on September 5, 2007 at 4:25 PM

Still don’t know why they didn’t throw her ass in jail. Hope she does come back, so they can.

Masscon on September 5, 2007 at 4:52 PM

Stupid broad!!!

jeanie on September 5, 2007 at 5:01 PM

with little or no response from the Bush Administration US Congress.

There fixed it for ya Scotty. It is the Congress that needs to take action if Bush is to send the NG to the border.

Texas Gal on September 5, 2007 at 5:02 PM

If one Elvira toe comes across the border, put her in prison for the max…two or three years. done!

shooter on September 5, 2007 at 5:04 PM

Wanta bet she won’t be here legally within a year?
Remember, the majority of us don’t run this place; only about 640 of us do.
Ms. Arellano will be laughing at us all.
To quote a very smart woman, “We’re screwed.”

tgillian on September 5, 2007 at 5:10 PM

We have to ship her little boy home to Moma. A child belongs with his mother, and we don’t want to provide this criminal with any claim to return to the US.

thegreatbeast on September 5, 2007 at 5:10 PM

Sorry, we don’t accept felons as Ambassadors unless they’re from the Middle East. Chica is SOL.

mojo on September 5, 2007 at 5:20 PM

Mike D. on September 5, 2007 at 12:58 PM

Yeah, but Allahpundit says those of us who fear the possibility of a North American Union are tantamount to truther morons. Move along here, folks. Nothing to see.

gryphon202 on September 5, 2007 at 5:34 PM

She has made my job so much easier, that is, to show the invasion in REAL TIME.

Legions on September 5, 2007 at 5:41 PM

If Allah said that then I’m a truther moron. I will fight to the death against a North American Union.

MNDavenotPC on September 5, 2007 at 5:45 PM

If she so much as even puts one foot over the border, they should nab her on the spot and throw her into the worst women’s prison in the country for the next fifteen years without parole. After that, ship her arrogant rear end right back to Mexico and tell her next time she tries it, it’ll be 30 years.

pilamaye on September 5, 2007 at 6:36 PM

To hell with her! oh? that’s where we sent her.
ha ha ha ha he he he

TheSitRep on September 5, 2007 at 6:41 PM

That’s right, she should just be able to slip in, like she did before. But this time we should toss her arse in jail for a while before we deport her again.

4shoes on September 5, 2007 at 7:05 PM

It is too bad Bush doesn’t have the cojones to tell Mexico where to go and offer assistance in getting there.

Mooseman on September 5, 2007 at 7:36 PM

She wants back in eh , how about she comes in and we lock her up for all her past crimes. Let her stand trial and face the music for once . No more free passes any more.

Mojack420 on September 5, 2007 at 8:31 PM

‘itch

Captain America on September 5, 2007 at 8:37 PM

Can’t she read “Do Not Disturb”. The pic, you and the eyehole :P

pc on September 5, 2007 at 11:24 PM

Let me rephrase that for her, since Elvira may not have seen many American movies while hiding in the church.

“Visa? I don’t need no stinkin’ visa!”

Her second illegal entry, after being deported, was a felony – that’s 2 years in prison. Her use of a stolen social security number would be another felony (ID theft), or if just a made-up number, not already in use, it would be a $250,000 fine. Anyone heard which of these is was? Can anyone find out, and maybe see what grief it may have caused for some American citizen’s identity being stolen??

fred5678 on September 6, 2007 at 1:51 AM

Me? I’m still waiting to be appointed Master of All Time, Space and Dimension, but I’ve had such a hard time finding a printer who can fit all that on a business card…

Captain Scarlet on September 6, 2007 at 2:41 AM

The so-called “church” she was holed up in teaches that Mexicans have a right to be here cause the wicked US robbed their country of its resources–they are obviously a communist front.

lizzee on September 6, 2007 at 7:46 AM

ME ME ME ME, sounds like an opera singing tuning up.

At one time I suggested her son (a legal citizen get a visa to travel to Mexico) to sponsor his mother to enter the U.S. via the legal manner.

However, the minute I heard her upon her return she made these types of demands and expected both governments to give in to the PC PR.

Her actions and that of the Government of Mexico leads me vote allowing her son to be expelled and repatriated with his mother and let them live in quite in Mexico the country of their heritage.

MSGTAS on September 6, 2007 at 9:29 AM

Tough $hit honey, you blew your chances by choosing the criminal path. I hope you never step foot here again, ever.

saiga on September 6, 2007 at 10:46 AM