Video: Mary Katharine Ham smacks Fred, Silky, Specter, Clinton, Kennedy

posted at 8:27 pm on September 2, 2007 by Allahpundit

Fists of fury! She would have biffed a few more except Tony Harris stepped on her big line and had to let her take a mulligan.

This is the second time in three weeks that the three of them have giggled their way through a segment. I’m 95% sure they’re pounding a few beforehand.

Comments

Maybe she found Susan Estrich’s stash.

Bradky on September 2, 2007 at 8:32 PM

Fists of fury!

I know you wanted to say “Balls of Fury”.

mikeyboss on September 2, 2007 at 8:36 PM

Chris Matthews would be proud.

astuddis on September 2, 2007 at 8:36 PM

MKH is SO much hotter than the lib. Wow!

Phred is such a phlirt.

Mojave Mark on September 2, 2007 at 8:55 PM

MKH made some good points. And yes, they may be slamming a few down before they go on. I bet the drink prices are outrageous in DC.

So Edwards was the first to buy carbon offsets eh? Well isn’t that grand. Without a doubt Edwards could have taken that money and flushed it down the toilet and done just as much good for the planet. So if he is that careless with his own money, I’d hate to see what he would do with ours.

Maxx on September 2, 2007 at 8:56 PM

Mary Katherine would be a better pundit and television personality if she learned how to speak… far too many ums, ahs, and undecipherable pauses in her delivery… she should confine herself to the written word since the spoken word is a bit challenging for her.

IntheNet on September 2, 2007 at 8:59 PM

CNN and Fox don’t seem to mind given the frequency with which they have her on.

Allahpundit on September 2, 2007 at 9:00 PM

It’s always humorous to see some people defend eco-hypocracy.

Overall it was a fun segment to watch IMO. It’s nice to watch people with differing views not scream at each other from time to time.

Yakko77 on September 2, 2007 at 9:03 PM

Her smile really lights up the screen.

A little more practice and she’s unstoppable.

boris on September 2, 2007 at 9:04 PM

Malkin/Ham in ’08!

Hey, I can dream can’t I?

2Brave2Bscared on September 2, 2007 at 9:06 PM

Tony seems to have been lit up (sounded a bit ‘right-leaning’ there too, don’t ya think?

BobH on September 2, 2007 at 9:12 PM

That was actually fun.

Weight of Glory on September 2, 2007 at 9:21 PM

There is no shortage of “acting” schools in the D.C. area. A few acting lessons, Zig Zigler course or two, and in about 4 to 6 months, she will be able to go “head-to-head” with Barbara Wa-Wa. Practice, Practice, Practice, and practice makes perfect.

She can only go so far with great smile, quick wit, and high IQ. Would love to have her as a daughter-in-law.

Wuptdo on September 2, 2007 at 9:24 PM

OUTSTANDING! Mary Katherine’s outspoken no holds barred style is just what CNN needs from the right. MKH could do more than just spar and debate and argue the issues she might even sway some peoples opinion. She has a theraputic sort of slap therapy quality about her. I like it!

sonnyspats1 on September 2, 2007 at 9:34 PM

Wuptdo on September 2, 2007 at 9:24 PM

Hell I would settle for live in girl friend, wife, best friend with benefits…probably said too much already… :o

doriangrey on September 2, 2007 at 9:34 PM

Man she’s killing this spot she’s in on this show. Better than then BOR spot. These are quite entertaining. Who knew CNN had a sense of humor?

Spirit of 1776 on September 2, 2007 at 9:38 PM

How could you not want MKH on your show and how could you not believe what she says?

Speakup on September 2, 2007 at 9:44 PM

Is Morra Aarons actually Jon Malkovich in a neo-Jim Carrey ‘do? (I’m just sayin’…)

Wow, though. She took the words right outta my mouth when she called Fred(!) “the Wesley Clark of this campaign”. I’ve thought that all along about Obama on the left and worried about that concerning Fred on the right.

Captain Scarlet on September 2, 2007 at 9:46 PM

Candy is dandy, but liqueur is quicker.

MB4 on September 2, 2007 at 10:06 PM

MKH – making the rounds on both Fox and the Crescent News Network!

Hilts on September 2, 2007 at 10:07 PM

doriangrey on September 2, 2007 at 9:34 PM

I don’t know anyone who was thinking that (ahem) but soon as I do I’ll let you know.

sonnyspats1 on September 2, 2007 at 10:07 PM

haha It really does look like they tipped a couple at happy hour beforehand…

JetBoy on September 2, 2007 at 10:36 PM

Great clip. With about 3:06 left Tony looked like he had a little issue with, indigestion, shall we say. Don’t know if it was from Morra’s closet “joke”, or “pounding a few.” Kind of odd timing. The face was funny as hell though.

PowWow on September 2, 2007 at 11:11 PM

So Edwards was the first to buy carbon offsets eh? Well isn’t that grand.

So if you’re filthy rich, like from being a trial lawyer, you get to buy carbon offsets, and you can keep your two SUVS! This means, of course, that if you can’t afford carbon offsets, your SUV must go. So much for that “redistribution of wealth” that the left used to advocate.

Bigfoot on September 2, 2007 at 11:44 PM

Malkin/Ham in ‘08!

Hey, I can dream can’t I?

2Brave2Bscared on September 2, 2007 at 9:06 PM

My dream ticket also.

Texas Nick 77 on September 2, 2007 at 11:45 PM

1) Is Morra cool with her partner/better half trying to pick up sex partners in public bathrooms?

2) “Carbon offsites”? Is it official now that the democtart party is for rich people doing anything they want as long as they pay pay fraudelant penance to companies they own?

peacenprosperity on September 3, 2007 at 12:05 AM

It’s so much nicer to hear people laugh about politics rather angry ranting. If it’s beer doing, more power to beer!!

thuja on September 3, 2007 at 12:08 AM

The leftist spokeswoman is a a moron period. There is something seriously wrong with that woman for stating the positions she did. Sorry, I will stop being politically incorrect the day I die.

peacenprosperity on September 3, 2007 at 12:08 AM

By the way, if Mary Katherine is tired of the jaundiced hipocritic, fake Washington life, I would like to offer a life of surfing, kayaking, gardening and walking or riding a bike with her children to school in the sunshine.

Mary Katherine will you marry me?

peacenprosperity on September 3, 2007 at 12:15 AM

I know there are plenty of people who can help me with this:

GW offsets:liberals=indulgences:medieval Catholic clerics?

smellthecoffee on September 3, 2007 at 12:18 AM

GW offsets:liberals=indulgences:medieval Catholic clerics?

I’m actually taking an algebra class right now but I can’t figure out that equation.

peacenprosperity on September 3, 2007 at 12:25 AM

MKH: Brilliant and glorious smile. As for the lefty…was that woman? I couldn’t tell.

Sir Loin on September 3, 2007 at 12:40 AM

peacenprosperity on September 3, 2007 at 12:05 AM

Maxx on September 3, 2007 at 1:22 AM

Yeah, Tony Harris sounds like he’s having a good time, and the segments work.

see-dubya on September 3, 2007 at 1:28 AM

I’m 95% sure they’re pounding a few beforehand.

Very funny. That’s why Allah rules.

On Fred and elections, I’m American and lived in Ohio for 7 years and am eagerly waiting for him to announce he’s running. But there is something good to be said for the Canadian system of calling an election and voting about 35 days later. The last election was about two months and overlapped Christmas. People were pretty ticked! Two months was just too long. And then getting people to vote in winter in one of the coldest places on the planet. Conservatives were going to win in my area, so I ended up driving 500 miles to vote Green. It’s Canadian.

Canadian Infidel on September 3, 2007 at 2:23 AM

Carbon neutral campain!

Give me a break.

Rode Werk on September 3, 2007 at 3:25 AM

Carbon neutral campain!

Give me a break.

Rode Werk on September 3, 2007 at 3:25 AM

So he doesn’t drink fizzy softdrinks. So what?

Shy Guy on September 3, 2007 at 5:09 AM

MKH doesn’t need any help holding her own between to libs.

Only a person like MKH can use real humor to keep the opposition off balance. When Mora Erins, tried some the same ol’ down home humor she couldn’t pull it off-you gotta be real to make it work.

Mora Erins needs to explain what happened to family values between the 70′s and 90′s (Dems, PC, and Clinton’s) and what kind of dog does Mora have?

MSGTAS on September 3, 2007 at 10:42 AM

Hey Y’all- I’m selling carbon offsets cheaper than that guy and they’re 100% made in America Carbon Offsets, 100% Legal
Carbon Offsets- oh yeah- they’re Green too!
Now just point me toward them stoopid liberals- I’m gonna go make the planet a better place.

Now- what up with TH bashin’ FDT at EVERY opportunity?
Stop it now! 11th Commandment remember??!!

Ex-tex on September 3, 2007 at 10:50 AM

Mary K. is gorgeous. That smile could outshine the sun. And a Carolina girl to boot. THERE IS A GOD.

angryoldfatman on September 3, 2007 at 12:22 PM

IntheNet on September 2, 2007 at 8:59 PM

CNN and Fox don’t seem to mind given the frequency with which they have her on.

Allahpundit on September 2, 2007 at 9:00 PM

The key to fluent delivery is probably practice, in which case, MKH will improve in that regard as long as she’s able to continue.

Kralizec on September 3, 2007 at 1:27 PM

Malkin/Ham in ‘08!

Hey, I can dream can’t I?

2Brave2Bscared on September 2, 2007 at 9:06 PM

My dream ticket also.

Texas Nick 77 on September 2, 2007 at 11:45 PM

And the best thing is, if they got elected and the bureaucrats in D.C. STILL didn’t get ANYTHING accomplished, it wouldn’t matter because no one would care (or even notice, for that matter).

My collie says:

It’s a WIN-WIN scenario.

CyberCipher on September 3, 2007 at 1:39 PM

IntheNet on September 2, 2007 at 8:59 PM

A bit too harsh. She has improved by leaps and bounds in the last year. I really think all she needs to do is slow down a little bit, but the format of machine gun TV does not play to that very well.

Labamigo on September 3, 2007 at 1:49 PM

IntheNet on September 2, 2007 at 8:59 PM

Labamigo on September 3, 2007 at 1:49 PM

MK sounded like a drunk valley girl…. “ahh” “um” the only thing missing was “like”

CCRWM on September 3, 2007 at 2:21 PM

I still predict that any day now, MKH will be gracing the front cover of Maxim.

pilamaye on September 3, 2007 at 5:36 PM

Labamigo on September 3, 2007 at 1:49 PM

Maybe she’s better with her scripted bits on HamNation, but I think she’s becoming a great pundit. I’m sure we’ll keep seeing much more of her on TV.

frankj on September 3, 2007 at 7:23 PM